return • theo raeken [2]

Von -obriens

❝I'm not fearless. I'm terrified.❞ - allison argent Luna Louve has spent years alone, but now she doesn't hav... Mehr

PART ONE.
prologue.
one. memory lost
two. superposition
three. sundowning and relics
four. relics
five. radio silence
six. ghosted
seven. ghosted and heartless
eight. heartless
nine. heartless
ten. blitzkrieg
eleven. blitzkrieg
twelve. memory found
fourteen. riders on the storm
PART TWO.
fifteen. all my exes live in texas
sixteen. pressure test
seventeen. pressure test
eighteen. pressure test and triggers
nineteen. werewolves of london and genotype
twenty. genotype
twenty-one. mended love and broken glass
twenty-two. the wolves of war
twenty-three. the alpha beast of beacon hills
epilogue.
thank you.

thirteen. memory found

3.2K 130 59
Von -obriens

third person

"LIAM, COME ON.  WE don't have much of a lead on them," Theo states just before he's able to head inside the hospital.  He's speaking to Liam as the younger of the three stops to study the ambulance right outside the door.  An idea pops into his head, and he rips open the door to climb inside and turn on the siren.  Luna instantly knew what he was up to.

Theo, on the other hand, didn't.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Liam closed the door, and Theo tried reaching in through the window to shut it off.

"Don't!  Don't turn it off!" Liam shouts.

Luna and him push Theo away from the ambulance.  All the while Theo tries to push through them to get to it.

"You want to bring them all here?  Every single one of them?"  Theo yells as he fights them.

Liam shoves Theo back and says, "That's exactly what I want to do.  'Cause if the Ghost Riders are here, that means they're not trying to get to Scott."

"So you don't care if they get to you?" Theo asks.

"They're gonna get to all of us eventually."

Theo retorts, "You!  You're going first.  That's the only reason I'm with you.  Because while they're busy wrapping a whip around your neck, or shooting a hole in your head, I'll be running in the other direction.  I'm on your side as long as it helps me."

Fire ignites within Luna as the words spew out of Theo's mouth.  She thought something might've changed in Theo, especially because of his ability to almost confess that he loved her.  She thought he'd finally understand that these kids, her true family, mean the world to her and that maybe he'd want to help keep them safe.  Even if just for her sake.  He apologized for everything but he didn't change.  Luna thought him realizing everything he'd done wrong and done to her would've changed him, but it didn't.

"Trust me, I know," Liam tells and shoves him back.

Luna scoffs, "You still don't get it.  You apologized for everything but you're still only thinking about yourself.  I know you don't care about Scott, but Scott is one of the only chances of saving Beacon Hills.  Of saving Stiles.  Of saving everyone."

Luna shoves passed Theo, ramming into his shoulder, and through the hospital doors.  She doesn't get far when she sees the empty hallway in front of her.  The nightmares of Tara ripping her heart out flash through her mind, and her hand goes to her chest to rub the spot it had been ripped from.  Theo comes in to stand next to her and shares the same look of fear down the hallway.  It doesn't go unnoticed between the two of the shared fear, but neither of them say anything.

"Theo?" Liams calls.

He doesn't move.

"Luna?"

She doesn't move either.

Liam remembers the nightmares she told him about with Tara ripping out her heart inside the hospital.  He steps over to stand next to Luna's slightly taller frame.

"Do you see her?  Do you see Tara?"

Liam's words brings both of them out of their wandering minds.  Luna turns to Liam and shakes her head.  Theo turns to Luna with confusion written over his face.

"No, not anymore," Luna answers.

"You've seen Tara?" Theo asks but Luna ignores him.

Liam turns to Theo and asks, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine.  Just thought I was somewhere else for a second."

"Where?"

"In a bad dream."

Luna looks up at him at this, but doesn't question him about it.  All of a sudden, thunder cracks and the three teenagers stare out the hospital doors that are swinging back and forth.

"You said you knew where to hide," Theo says to Liam.

"Yeah, but Luna's not gonna like it.  Follow me."

Liam takes off running and Theo follows right behind him with Luna on his tail.  She already knew where he was leading them.  The morgue.  When they reached the place, it was weirder for Luna to be there and not trying to break out of one of the freezers.  The doors swing shut behind the three and Liam barricades the doors with a rolling, operation table.

"This is your brilliant idea?  To barricade ourselves in the morgue?" Theo questions.

Liam replies, "The Ghost Riders go after the living.  So we hide with the dead."

"Besides," Luna says, "I don't see you coming up with any ideas besides running away."

Theo glares down at the blue haired girl.  Liam opens up one of the freezers, and all they see is a dead person's foot peaking out of the darkness within.

"Well, I'm not getting in one of those," Theo states, Luna nods to agree with him.

Liam says, "Me neither."

Luna walks over to one of the other tables and hops up on top of it to sit.  Theo walks in the other direction towards the doors.

Theo tells the two, "You should've left me in the holding cell."

"I should've left you in the ground."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. Really."

"Luna, do you think so?  Actually, what do you think I was doing down there?  Just hanging out with my dead sister?  Having a good time catching up on childhood memories?"

"I think you were rotting down there."

"Liam finally gets one thing right."

"I also think whatever happened to you, you deserved it."

"Is that right?"

"For what you did to Luna, alone, you deserved whatever happened to down there.  When the Ghost Riders find us, I'm not gonna do anything for you.  I'm not gonna help you.  I'm not gonna save you.  I'm gonna do exactly what you would do to me.  I'm gonna use you as bait."

"What did Tara do to you?"  Luna interrupts whatever Theo might've said.  "The night Malia was beating the shit out of you, about to kill you actually, you said 'you don't have to stop.'  I said the same thing in my nightmares before you came back.  My nightmares about Tara ripping my heart out.  About me fighting my way out of those freezers just for her to kill me over and over again.  Is that what happened to you?"

Theo nods as he stares in Luna's direction.

"That's exactly what happened to me.  How long were the nightmares going on?"

"Until you came back."

If Theo was going to say anything else, he's not able to because something interrupts his train of thought.

"You still hear the ambulance?" Theo asks both of them.  "The siren.  Can you still hear it?"

Luna jumps off the table and comes to stand next to Theo to stare out the door once she realizes the sirens have stopped.  Liam takes a deep breath as Theo comes to a conclusion.

"They're here."

Luna's super hearing picked up the sound of spurs clinking and boots thumping against the floor.  The color drains from her already pale face.  She hears their boots turn in their direction and head towards them.

"I'm starting to think this wasn't a good idea," Luna states.  "I mean in plain sight, we should've known it wouldn't work."

"Alright pointing it out isn't going to help us now," Liam tells Luna as ideas run through his head on how they were going to survive the night.  The only thing left that they could do is fight the Ghost Riders until none of them were left and, hopefully, Scott, Lydia, and Malia were able to get Stiles back before they were gone.  With Luna, they had a fair fight as long as she was willing to turn into the Beast.  She already said she didn't want to turn, but if it came down to it, would she?

"Let's use the table," Theo says.  "The first sight of a Ghost Rider we'll ram this into them."

Theo pulls the table around so one end is facing towards the door as he and Liam stand on the other end to be ready to shove it.  His mind is stuck on Luna's nightmares.  They were too similar to the hell he went through down there to be a coincidence—if there was such a thing.  Thoughts of Luna's ancestor's journals run through his mind.  There was a lot mentioned between the connection each of them made with the person they eventually married and had kids with.  One of  her ancestor's wives was in a fatal accident during the night, and the ancestor saw every detail of the accident every time he went to sleep for years until he died.

"I can hear one of them getting closer," Luna announces quietly.

Theo shakes his head, forgetting the idea, and prepares to shove the table out of the door.  As soon as the boys see a Ghost Rider peaking into the room and turning around to head into where they were, the two of them push the table so when they ram into the Ghost Rider he's knocked out.  The teenagers shuffle out of the room once the Rider is down and almost sigh in relief until they see a group of Ghost Riders down the hall, pointing their guns at them.

"Hide with the dead?" Theo spits.

Liam starts backing up, pulling on Luna, and says, "It was worth a try."

The three run around the corner as shots are being fired towards them, narrowly missing them.

Luna could feel the pressure.  She knew neither of them would push her to turn, but it was obvious that's what she needed to do.  However, it scared her to even think about turning because Theo was right—as much as she hated to admit it.  The feeling and the power it gave her to fight back and kill the Ghost Riders back in lock up made her feel incredible.  She loved it.  Before Theo left, she believed she was the exact opposite of Sebastien and more like her great-grandmother.  But what if killing turned her into Sebastien?  What if she went too far?

Theo and Liam were ahead of her.  Liam was attacked from right around a different corner when Theo had already made it passed.  Luna saw a Ghost Rider step out of one of the rooms just before the corner and pull his whip out.  Her claws and teeth shift, and her eyes glow their full blue.  She roars at the Ghost Rider before tackling him to the ground.  As she returns to her feet, the Ghost Rider flips onto his back and reaches for his gun.  Luna grips the front of his jacket and uses her strength to lift the Rider and toss him down the hallway, knocking him out when he hits the floor.

She turns around and heads for where Theo and Liam are.  Liam grabs a crutch and uses it to lock a Ghost Rider in on of the hospital rooms Theo had shoved him in.  The two turn around as she approaches.  Theo stares at her as she tries to compose herself, thinking of how much he'd missed seeing every part of her.

Glass smashing and spurs clinking in other places of the hospital makes the kids glance at each other.

Theo states, "They're everywhere."

"Good," Liam declares.

Theo turns his head towards Liam in disbelief.

"Really?  You really need me to remind you that getting captured by the Ghost Riders isn't gonna help you save your friends?"

Luna interrupts whatever Liam was going to say, "It's better than running away."

Luna and Theo are stopped from arguing when they hear the sounds of Ghost Riders approaching.  They turn to look down the corridor and see their shadows dance across the wall.

Liam's voice is low, "We're all getting caught.  You can do it while you're running.  I'm going down fighting."

Luna can see a look pass over Theo's face as Liam says this.  She's hopeful it means it'll change his mind about running away, but she's gotten her hopes up before with Theo and he's disappointed her every time.  The two of them watch as Liam steps around Theo to face the group of Ghost Riders straight on.  He flicks out his claws and roars towards the men.  Luna can only imagine that his yellow eyes and werewolf teeth are on display as he runs forward.  The Ghost Riders do the same, and a huge, protective feeling runs over Luna in waves and she decides then.

As she steps forward, she shifts into her taller, bulkier, and more terrifying side.  She notices as she's stomping towards the crowd that a few Ghost Riders hesitate to attack when they see her.  The hesitation doesn't keep them away for long as they start attacking her within groups with quite a bit going after Liam.  She hears a growl from behind her and then Theo appears in front of her to help attack the Ghost Riders that are ganging up on Liam.

Luna chases the Ghost Riders down and around the corner as Liam and Theo get caught up with a Ghost Rider each.  A Ghost Rider already has his whip out and tries to snatch Theo, but he dodges it in time while falling to the floor.  The Ghost Rider wraps is whip back up as he approaches Theo who is still on the ground.  The chimera searches around the pile of dumped medical equipment across from the door of the morgue and finds a large knife.  He stands up, holding the knife, as the Ghost Rider walks slowly over to him.  Theo swings the knife at the Rider's neck causing him to fall to the ground.  He stands over him and watches him twitch as black blood oozes out of his body onto the floor.

Inside the morgue, Liam's fighting against a Ghost Rider who he'd finally gotten to let go of him but only to end up pulling out his gun.  Liam grabs his wrist that's holding the gun and twists to push him face down into the rolling, metal table.  The werewolf looks out the door and sees a Ghost Rider gripping onto Theo's shoulders and forcing him to the ground.  Liam points the gun in his direction and pulls the trigger.  The bullet hits the Ghost Rider straight in the chest making him fly back into the wall.  Theo looks behind him to see twist the gun towards the Rider and shoot him in the head.

Around the corner, bodies of Ghost Riders surround Luna as she shifts back into her human form.  Their blood is splattered all over her clothes and face, and is smeared over her arms and hands.  The power of taking all of their lives is still resonating in her chest, and it's intoxicating how it's making her feel inside.  The thought of the feeling of power being wrong doesn't even cross her mind.  Luna grabs a discarded lab coat hanging on a hook on one of the doors and uses it to wipe the blood off of her arms and hands.  She rounds the corner to return to where Theo and Liam are.  They were about to fist bump when they saw her.  Her clothes still covered in blood with drops still on her face.

"I shouldn't shift into the Beast.  They're afraid of me that way and take off.  We need them here," Luna states before looking up at the two of them as she approaches them.

Luna sees the look on their face as they stare at her but can't figure out what they're thinking.  Liam's wondering if it was a bad idea to let her turn into the Beast, wondering if changing into it is changing who she is.  Theo doesn't care what happens with her turning into the Beast.  She'll always be Luna to him and maybe her not caring so much about killing people will be a good thing.

"What?"  Luna asks.

Theo answers while Liam shrugs, "You've got blood on your face."

Luna uses a clean piece of the lab coat to try to wipe it off but it just smears it into her skin.  Theo takes the lab coat from her.  One of his hands caresses the back of her head as the other uses the lab coat to wipe all the blood from her face.  Luna lets him do this and stares into his eyes while he's focused on her cheek.  He glances into her eyes, returns to his stare on her cheek, before settling on her eyes when he notices she's staring at him.  The high she had after attacking the Ghost Riders is diminishing, and her unclear feelings for Theo is clouding her mind.  If she turned bad, Theo would be the only one who would understand.  Although, he probably wouldn't be the one to help her get back to who she is.

"Ugh, guys?"  Liam interrupts the two.

Theo drops the lab coat and releases his hold on her.  Both of them turn to Liam to see him pointing down the hallway.  A new wave of Ghost Riders were standing at the end of it waiting to attack them.  Luna watches Theo glance between Liam, her, and something behind her.

His eyes rest on her once again and he commands her, "Call for the elevator and get inside."

The expression on his face coerces her into doing as he says.  She runs down in the other direction from the Riders and pushes the button to get the elevator.  Before it even opens, Luna witnesses Theo pulling Liam with him down the hall towards her.  Right after the doors open he tosses Liam inside, but doesn't go in himself.  It dawns on her as he tries to push her in, too, that he's trying to save them.  She fights to stay out.

Theo doesn't try too hard to put her in because then Liam would get out as well.

From the floor, Liam questions Theo's motives, "What are you doing?"

"Being the bait," Theo replies as the elevator doors ding and shut.

"No!"  Liam yells as he gets up, but it's too late.  He slams on the doors as he watches Luna and Theo disappear behind them.

Luna stares at Theo in admiration.  For the first time, she's witnessed him try and save someone other than himself.  Maybe being down with his sister and experiencing what he did over and over did change him, even just a little bit.  Maybe he was still trying to change.  Maybe that's what he's been trying to do with her.  Maybe he needed a little bit of help.  Maybe they could keep each other good.

"You were supposed to go with him."

"Where's the fun in that?"

At the same time, they flick their claws out, roar, and run towards the Ghost Riders.  Liam's listening through the elevator doors as they attack.  He hears their roaring, then their yelling, then gunshots, and then nothing.

Hi, guys!  Can you believe it?  After five months, I have returned with a new chapter!  It's going to be a slow process because I am back at college but I will try my hardest to update every time I finish a new chapter until this is completely done.

What did you think of the new chapter?  What do you think is going to happen with Luna since she's changing every time she turns into the Beast?  What about Theo and Luna?  What was your favorite part?

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!  Please vote or comment what you think!

- chelsie

word count: 3155

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

252K 6.4K 53
"somewhere there's peace, they just have to find it." in which a girl whose smile is the brightest of them all finds herself falling in love with a...
10.3K 846 15
***: ХАРААЛ ИДЭГ WINWIN БИ ЧАМАЙГ АЛАХ БОЛНОДОО ***:Ээ Силги~~ уучлаарайдаа амь өршөө 4 охин ба тэдэнд тохиолдох хөгжилтэй , сонирхолтой түүхийг та б...
183K 4.5K 31
"If anyone asks where you're going, lie, baby, lie." She's the sister of Lucifer, the most dangerous drug dealer in Los Angeles. He's the devil's rig...
386K 7.2K 28
Bellamy/OC (Based on the TV Series 'The 100') "Fighting is all we have left. If we don't fight, we don't survive" I do not own Bellamy Blake, The 10...