Secret Trio

By lunafreya51

"I have a letter from Madame Athalena sir." My secretary places an envelope on my desk. I stare at the envelo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 25

37.5K 939 123
By lunafreya51

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. The past few days I've been down with a fever. I feel better now, just colds and cough left. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Last Updated. March 21, 2019

Not Edited.

LEO

Tonight's the night.

I'm driving to Alena's house feeling a mixture of nervousness and confidence. I look to my right making sure I did not forget the box of fudge brownies for the kids.

Another wave of nervousness flows through me seeing the flowers on top of the box.

My mind tells me that this will only make things between us worse. But seeing her upset yesterday, I couldn't help but want to put a smile on her face. Hopefully, this makes her smile. At the very least, I'm not totally out of sync with my brain. I look again, making sure I bought two single white roses; one for my little princess, and the other for Alena. Hopefully also, this eases her irritation about me giving her gifts. I thought, remembering how she made a big deal out of the Cafe Mocha I bought her a month ago.

A few minutes later I park on Alena's driveway. I don't get out right away. I immerse in the silence, steeling myself for what is to come in a few hours. I do not know how the kids will react, but I pray to God that, at the very least, they chose to give me a chance. But God, if you are out there, it would be wonderful if you gift me my children's whole-hearted acceptance. I take a deep breath, pick up my gifts, and proceed to walk to the front door.

Ding dong.

"Hey Leo." Lei greets as he opens the front door a few minutes later.

"Hello, where's your mother?" I ask upon entering.

"Mom's in the kitchen. Lucca's setting the table. Laila's watching TV." He answers as he runs towards the living room.

"Good evening Leo." Alena greets politely from the kitchen entryway.

"Good evening. I brought some brownies." I reply.

This grabs Laila's attention, standing up and exclaiming "YESSS! BROWNIESSSS!"

"Not until after dinner." Alena says sternly.

"And this is for you," I say handing Laila one of the roses "and for you." I turn, handing over the remaining rose to Alena.

"Wow." Laila says staring at the white rose. She then grins widely and says "Mom, my first flower!" Upon hearing that my heart soars.

"Thank you Leo!" She says before running up to her room.

"FIVE MINUTES TO DINNER!" Alena announces before returning to the kitchen.

"Can I do anything to help?" I call to Alena from the entryway.

Alena, with her back towards me, shake her head and answers "Have a seat, Lucca is already setting the table."

Sensing the cold aura radiating from Alena,  I decide to have a seat to avoid any further damage.

Five minutes later, we were all seated around the dinner table with a delicious array of dishes.

After Alena says grace, Lei exclaims "YES FRIED CHICKEN!" as proceeds to grab a piece. But upon seeing Lucca's glare, he pauses. "Hey chill ... I washed my hands."

At that, Lucca nods and waves his hand indicating that Lei could proceed. I look to Alena with a raised brow at the two boys' interaction. Despite all the dinners I've had with them over the past month and a half, Lucca's strict demeanor has never ceased to amaze me.

Alena just smirks and shrugs. Dinner then proceeds smoothly with polite conversations here and there, and a little bit of an arguement among the kids on who was stronger, Tsunade or Jiraiya ... whoever those two are. I have to do some research.

At long last, an hour later we are all enjoying the fudge brownies I brought along. "Their delicious!" My little princess exclaims.

"Finish your milks."  Alena instructs to no one in particular.

She then gives me a look, signalling that it was time. I feel butterflies in my stomach but reply with a nod. Its now or never.

"Kids, Leo and I have something you. It is important so please listen carefully." Alena says slowly to make sure that they understand her.

Lucca and Lei nods showing that they understood. Laila on the other hand asks bluntly "Are you and Leo gonna start dating?"

I stare at Laila, trying to hide my shock. Alena meanwhile is evidently surprised and uncomfortable by the question.

"Well? Are you?" Lucca says glaring at  both me and Alena.

Alena recovers and pastes a stiff smile before replying "No my dear, were not."  Alena pauses, taking a deep breath.

I look at the each of the children's reaction to Alena's response. Laila seems somewhat disappointed, sporting a pout on her adorable face. Lucca continues to glare at me, suspicious. Lei, on the other hand, swats Lucca's leg to make him stop.

I guess the idea of Alena and I together is not very welcome.

"We are not dating BUT he is still an important person in our lives." Alena continues.

The three kids look at Alena curiously, Lucca's expression bordering impatient.

"Lei, Lucca, Laila..." Alena looks at each child then says "... Leo is your father."

Silence follows Alena's revelation. Fear grips me wondering if they would accept me. Laila and Lucca have their mouths open in shock while Lei looks between Alena and I.

Laila breaks the silence by saying "Are you serious? This isn't a joke?"

Alena and I reply with a nod. I didn't, no, couldn't say anything fearing their response to the news.

Lucca is first to recover, putting on a mask of indifference before asking "Where has he been all this time?"

Yes Leo, where have you been?

SHUT UP! THINK!

I look to Alena, asking permission to answer the question myself. She signals her approval with a nod.

Opting to tell the truth, I respond "Because of my idiocy, I didn't know until two months ago that you guys existed." I pause before continuing "By no means is this your mother's fault, she did what she could to tell me but I didn't listen." I look at each of the kids in the eyes, hoping to truly and fully convey my feelings to them. "But I regret each and every day that I was not able to be with you. I know it doesn't make up for my mistakes, but I promise you that from here on out I will be with you every step of the way. I missed your first breath, first walk, first talk, first day of school, but I will not miss anything else. Please believe me."

Suddenly, Lucca rises from his seat and runs to his room. My heart crumbles to a million pieces at his reaction. A warm hand then envelops mine from under the table. I look up to see Alena with a proud smile as she says quietly "You did well. Don't worry let me handle him." She then rises while glancing at Lei and Laila before going upstars.

I look at Lei and Laila, fearing they would do the same.

"Well, at least we know who our father is now." Lei says to Laila.

Laila turns to me with doubt then asks "Are you really staying?"

I put on a determined face before replying "Yes, I promise all three of you that."

Lei and Laila look at each other, then a warm smile enters their faces before Laila says "Then we would love to get to know you."

Joy fills my entire being at her words. The weigh is heavy but I will gladly carry and treasure this chance they have given me.

So Laila, Lei, and I grab more brownies and begin this new chapter of getting to know each other as father and child.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 107 10
I'm bored and I'm not satisfied with the smut/fluff I'm getting so..here you go!
294K 17.9K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
156K 7.7K 16
ABHIMANYU RATHORE is 28 years old. He belongs to Royal family. He is the oldest son in Rathore family. He is the CEO of Rathore Enterprise. He is the...
249K 7.2K 129
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."