No Heroes, No Villains

De Jays_PissRocket

Living in Hells Kitchen your whole life has been pretty dull until recently. With the "Devil of Hells Kitchen... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Author's Note!
Chapter 7

Chapter 5

234 6 2
De Jays_PissRocket

"Foggy, seriously I'm fine."

"Just give me another-"

"Franklin Nelson if you don't step away, I'll hit you in the dick so hard you'll never be able to have children."

Foggy takes a hurried step back as Pete laughs quietly in the background. Karen and Matt have locked themselves in his office, leaving the three of us alone in a destroyed waiting area. There was an annoying and obvious tension between Foggy and Pete. The men stood opposite of each other in the disheveled area, angry stares being shared. Pete crossed his arms, leaning against the wall comfortably.

After Matt, Foggy, and Karen busted in to find the office in disarray; chaos ensued. Pete had made eye contact with each figure, his gaze holding Karen's the longest. Matt's body language was strange. He was poised as if he were ready for a fight to ensue. Once Foggy finally caught a glimpse of my figure behind Pete's, he rushed over. His face full of worry and despair, grabbing my face between warm hands. That's when the interrogation began, with Matt and Karen silently slinking off to his office.

Silence filled the seemingly cramped room, until Matt opened his office door. The squeak from old hinges catches everyone's attention as Karen walks out confidently. Her heels click rhythmically against the hard wooden floor. Occasionally a small piece of glass would crunch beneath the heel, creating a new musical number. Matt follows close behind, head straight with unnerving stillness.

Karen walks right up to me and I gulp loudly. A floral scent flows between us, and her smile is blinding. Well here goes our confidence. She grabs me by the shoulders and pulls us both into a warm embrace. Reacting more surprised than I should've I hugged back too enthusiastically. She pulls away, keeping her hands planted firmly on my shoulders.

"Charlie, I'm so excited to meet you. Foggy has said so many great things about you!"

"Uhhhh-h-hey?" Was all I could muster before Matt breaks the uncomfortable situation with a clearing of his throat. All eyes fall onto Matt as he steps into the center of the room. His suit jacket has been removed, a white long sleeved button up covering his torso. His tie has been loosened, hanging freely about his neck comfortably.

"Charlie can you come stand over here please?"

"Uh, sure? Everything okay Matty boy?" I question, stepping cautiously around Karen's slim body. Matt motions to the spot behind him and in front of now Foggy. The journey to this spot seems endless and foreboding. The eyes of Pete burn into the back of my head as I shuffle by. While walking past Matt, he uses his arm to guide me safely behind him. This is really weird. Weirder than usual. Weirder than probably the ninja cheerleader.

"Why are you here?" Foggy addresses Pete who has yet to move from his position.

"I need the help of my favorite lawyers, jackass." Pete quips, finally removing himself from the wall. He stands tall and confidently as he sizes up both Matt and Foggy. Matt visibly tenses up, stealthily shifting his body further in front of mine. We should say something.

"Anyone wanna explain to me what's going on?"

The question hangs strangely in the air. Everyone but Pete shifts uncomfortably while glaring at one another. Foggy places a hand on my shoulder, but I ignore it, keeping eye contact with Pete. Karen moves over to Pete, moving her hair behind her ear in the process. He stands a little straighter as she takes a similar stance to the one Matt is in.

"Frank needs our help, it's what we're here to do."

Whose Frank?

"Karen, you know we can't do that. Not after what he's done." Matt's voice is forceful and sincere. There is no hesitation while he speaks, no trembling in his voice. The response was confident and completely sure. Matt wasn't wavering on his stance, and to be honest it was bone chilling. It was also really hot.

"Listen here Murdock, you owe me you sonofa bitch." Pete spits, leaning across Karen's tall frame.

"Okay, that's enough." I proclaim loudly. Pulling away from Foggy and pushing my way past Matt I take center stage. Hands placed strongly on my hips, I bring my attention to Matt and Foggy. Fear covers Foggy's face while Matt has the remnants of a smirk fading slowly from his.

"Okay assholes, Mr. Castiglione has every right to representation; regardless of what he's done. It our jobs you idiots. So-"

"Charlie, that's not Pete Castiglione." Foggy inserts rushing forward.

"What do you mean Fogger?"

"That's Frank Castle."

*******************************************************

The dull orange hue of the sky decorates the city as if Vincent van Gogh had painted the scene himself. A chilling breeze pushes loose leaves and trash gingerly along the pavement. The city buzzes with activity, truly being a city that never sleeps. Tall, frightening shadows from the towering skyscrapers litter the streets. The sweet smell of cinnamon mixes with the fresher smelling air. Matt's lean arm brushes tenderly against my shoulder, sending goosebumps to attack my skin. Glancing over quickly, his head was already turned towards my direction. It feels like he's looking right at me.

"So, Matt?"

"Hm?" We step simultaneously down the stoop and onto the connecting sidewalk. The rhythmic tapping of his white cane helps us keep our pace. Offering his arm, I slip mine into his and we continue our journey elbows linked.

After finding out Pete was actually Frank, I think I handled the situation well. I only threw one chair, and the string of fowl words weren't all that awful. Foggy did have to hold me back while Karen rushed Frank from the room. Anger wasn't my first reaction, which is a surprise. My first reaction was fear, because I had no idea who this guy was. Why would he lie about his name? Why did he act like James Bond? How did he know my best friend, and his friends? He saved my life which is something I'll forever be thankful for, but he also put my life at risk. Something tells me those bullets weren't meant for me. Before anymore damage could be done to the office, Matt had offered to escort me home.

"This Castle guy... What exactly went down with him? I tried doing some research on him while you guys were out and nothing popped up."

Matt stays quiet a while as I fully embrace the scenery. New York has always been on my list of favorite places, and I've done a little travelling in my college days. No matter where I went, I always compared every place to New York. Comparing the lack of buildings, the different smells and people. The way birds sang their song's never matched, which made me crave the big city even more. Picture an old movie set in New York, what do you see? Old ladies yelling from fire escapes, men walking around in business suits holding leather brief cases. It's still the same. Being in Hells Kitchen is like taking a step back in time, minus the raging homophobia.

Matt moves quickly around a broken bottle before answering. His voice is even and calm, not giving a hint of any of the previous tension. "Frank Castle is an old client, who has done some pretty horrific stuff. We all thought he was dead, that is of course until Karen told us otherwise. Charlie, please just leave this to me and Foggy."

"Well, ya see Matthew, I just can't do that." I sass, pulling his body closer to mine so a pedestrian can pass. We stay close for a few more feet before he pulls away slowly, his warmth going with him. The city's street lights are popping on randomly while the sun retreats behind the buildings. Still another hour until full sunset, yet here in Hells Kitchen night comes early.

"Heh, oh and why not?" Matt's chuckle was enough to send joy through my whole body. It was airy and free. Not loud in any sense, but the perfect pitch and volume for those close to hear. The reaction came right from his chest, the movement of the area visible. A soft smile lit up his face before he turns toward me with an eyebrow raised.

"Because Matt, this isn't something someone can just let go. You said it yourself 'everyone deserves representation'. Regardless of what this lumberjack looking James Bond-"

"Lumberjack looking James Bond?"

"Don't interrupt Matthew. But yeah, lumberjack looking James Bond. Regardless of what he's done, if he needs us then we have to help. If you or Foggy won't help him, then I will."

We reach a crosswalk and our own personal silence blocks out the noisy world. The sidewalk fills with people, pushing our bodies into one another. His sweet scent is intoxicating and I can't help but smile at the moment. Glancing through hooded lids, I can see a similar smile playing on his own lips. Matt rolls his lips together, a look of deep thought flashing across his features. A set of white teeth appear while he smiles.

"You know, Foggy never mentioned you being so stubborn."

"I'm not surprised," I laugh "Foggy has always been quiet when it comes to my personality. He likes to call it 'over-powering' or 'intimidating' whatever that means." The little man turns green, giving us the go to cross the street. Tugging slightly, Matt and I continue our walk. The crowd thins pretty quickly, leaving the two of us to enjoy the walk alone.

"Eh, intimidating is a bit much. Foggy can be over-dramatic."

"Matt, you're avoiding the subject."

Our steady pace slows to a stop and Matt turns to look at me. His face doesn't give a hint as to what he's thinking. Pulling my bottom lip between my teeth, I wait for an answer. The city around us continues to darken and the streets are now coming to life with the night crowd. Another chilling breeze creeps into my bones as the temperature continues to drop. Gripping my coat tightly against my chest, I shift back and forth on my feet in annoyance.

"Charlie... why don't we talk about this tomorrow? I'll come get you tomorrow morning for breakfast."

"Yeah, I suppose Matt." I grumble, and start walking away. Matt jogs a little to catch up, and links his arm through mine again.

"Whoa whoa, slow down. I did say I would walk you home."

***********************************************************************************************

The rest of the walk home was awkward but oddly comfortable. Knowing that Matt and Foggy were that against helping this Frank guy was awful. Every one deserves representation, it's in the defense attorney handbook. As if sensing my attitude toward the situation, Matt didn't try and continue to make small talk. Thoughts continued to pool even after we had reached my apartment. Matt had wished me a quick goodnight, and I went in as quick as possible. Even walking up the stoop, or when behind the door I felt Matt's focus on me.

My heels hit the wall loudly as I kicked them off. The soft patter of bare feet against the wood floor fills the apartment. While walking down the hallway, I unzip my dress letting it fall slowly. Stepping over the fabric, my foot fall continues quietly until I reach the bathroom. The light blue room is a welcomed and refreshing sight. Stepping in smoothly, I reach right over to the hot water tap of the shower. Once the steam starts to pool from above the curtain, the bra and underwear come off. Checking over my body, small bruises have begun to appear from the events of the day. Stepping into the hot water, a moan of pure ecstasy escapes. The burning water feels so therapeutic and heavenly.

The bathroom door opens slowly, a loud creak following suit. My heart jumps into my throat, a scream building. A large dark shadow casts over the shower curtain, making goosebumps kiss my skin. Hard footsteps echo across the tiled floor, the steps themselves sounding as if they came from combat boots. Grabbing the small razor from the soap holder, I hold it out ready to use as a weapon. Gulping loudly, I move slightly to the edge of the tub. Grabbing the curtain between two fingers I breathe out before getting interrupted.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you Charlotte."

Ripping the curtain back, standing there is a familiar face.

"What the fuck are you doing in my HOUSE?"

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

96 7 9
Matt finds an unnamed superhero on top of a building, half dead. Out of pity (and guilt), he took them home to patch up while in hopes of making it t...
7.2K 194 45
" You have your secrets and I have mine. Just because you said yours to me doesn't mean that I will tell you mine " Matt Murdock × Adelaide Watson ...
1.5K 62 9
A short story - with more parts available if it proves to be enjoyable. Daredevil has had a rough night and this time he needs someone to protect hi...
ghost De alijah

Fanfiction

11.7K 527 17
Lex Williams, just your everyday journalist with many not so everyday secrets to hide. -- "Ghost, huh?" "Yeah." "Why?" "'Cause I should have died mu...