In This Together (RE2:Leon Ke...

By QueenLightningF

Airam remembers nothing but waking up in a bright room and being taken away with the promise of safety from U... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Quick A/N
Epilogue

Chapter 3

2.1K 60 65
By QueenLightningF

                     Leon's POV

     We make it to the library. I look over the ledge, watching a zombie walking around, two laying on the floor, another leaning against a desk. I hear Marvin on the radio on my shoulder.

     "Leon, it's Marvin. I need you back here ASAP."

     I grab the radio. "Are you OK, Marvin?"

     "I've got something to show you. It's important."

     "Copy that. We'll be right there." I look at Airam, who's leaning over the edge, looking down. "Airam. Marvin needs us."

     She looks at me and nods. She follows me as I lead us to the other door on the top level. The wood underneath me breaks and I fall through.

     I groan, getting back on my feet. The noise from my fall causes the zombies to have their full attention on me. "Great..."

     Before I can aim my gun, the zombies start getting hit by books. I look up to see Airam throwing books, throwing them hard enough for the zombies to nearly fall over.

     "And people said words could never hurt anybody."

     I take advantage of the distraction and move. I run to the other side of the library. I shoot the zombie on the stairs before opening the door at the bottom of the stairs. "Airam!"

     She throws one last book before running to me. I open the door and close it behind us. I nod to Airam. "Thanks."

     She smiles before walking over to a bulletin board. I look at the unicorn statue and walk over to it.

     I look at the symbols and pull out the little notebook. I flip to the page and look at the symbols. I match the symbols to that of the ones in the notebook.

     Something turns than a spot opens, revealing a medallion with a unicorn on it. "So we got one of them now."

     I turn to Airam, who holds out a map with a smile on her face. I can't help but smile when I see her's. "You're really good finding maps."

     Her cheeks turn pink a little and she turns away.

     'She's so cute when she blushes.' I clear my throat, looking at the map. "O-Okay. Let's see. Okay, so that other door will lead to upper main hall. I saw it needed that key we picked up." I pull the key out of my pocket and hand it to her. "We run for the door and you unlock it. I'll keep the zombies off of us."

     She takes the key with a nod. Got it.

     I grab the doorknob and look at her. I swing the door open, shooting the zombie close to us. Airam sprints to the door, unlocking it and swinging the door open. I follow quickly, shutting the door behind me.

     Airam holds the key out to me but I shake my head. "You hold onto it."

     She nods, putting it in a jacket pocket. I walk towards the stairs but stop when I see Airam jog the other way. "Airam?"

     She picks something up and jogs back over. She hands me the box of ammo. I chuckle slightly and nod. "Thanks."

     We make it down the stairs and towards Marvin. He looks up from the laptop. "There you are. Come here, take a look." He expands one of the screens.

     Standing on the other side of the fence, is Claire. "Yes! I knew she'd make it."

     "You know her?" Marvin asks.

     I nod. "Yeah, name's Claire. I came into town with her."

     "You can get to that courtyard through the second floor... east side." Marvin tells me, jabbing his thumb over his shoulder.

     I look up at that side. "We're on it." I look back at him. "Thanks, Lieutenant."

     I turn to Airam, who nods. We both head up the stairs and towards the door. We enter the little waiting room and Airam heads to the door.

     I look behind the desk to see a safe. I look on the desk for anything with the combo on it. "So that's two that I need to find the combo for."

     Airam taps on the desk, getting my attention. I unlocked it.

     I nod and walk over. I go through first to make sure it's safe. I nod for her to follow. I can hear a helicopter not too far. We go right and the closer to the fire escape we get, the closer the chopper sounds. I see a light go by and something crashes into the building.

     I instinctively pull Airam into my arms as everything shakes violently. I look down in my arms at her, her face buried in my chest, and hands gripping my vest tight. "It's okay Airam. You okay?"

     She slowly looks up at me and nods. We slowly separate and head towards the door. I open the door and step out into the rain, Airam right behind me. I shine my flashlight on the crash.

     "HEY! LEON?!" I hear a familiar voice call out.

     I look and run to side, looking down. "CLAIRE?! HOLD ON! WE'LL BE RIGHT THERE!"

     "OK!"

     I look at Airam and smile. "Come on." I take her hand and lead her down the stairs. I lead us over to the door. I smile at the woman on the other side. "Claire... It's so nice to see you."

     "How're you doing? That helicopter just came out of nowhere..." She nods upwards.

     I look back up at the wreak, before looking back at Claire. "Yeah... I'm in one piece."

     Claire looks down at something and smiles at me with a raised brow. I look to see she's looking at my hand, which still holds Airam's. I blush madly and release her hand, causing Airam to tilt her head with a confused pout on her lips.

     'She's even more adorable when she does that. Damn it Kennedy! No where near the time to think like this!'

     Claire laughs. "So Leon. Who's your friend?"

     I clear my throat and rub the back of my neck. "Claire, this is Airam. Airam, this is Claire."

     Airam waves at Claire with a small smile.

     "Hi there." Claire returns it before looking at me. "I'm guessing you don't have a key in one of those fancy pockets?"

     "Unfortunately... No. But how are you doing?"

     "Oh, you know. Just surviving." She casually leans against the fence. She smiles to lighten the mood.

     I chuckle. "That's good. Any luck with your brother?"

     She shakes her head. "No. Not yet."

     "Claire, don't lose hope. I'm sure we're gonna find him-" I'm interrupted by an explosion behind us. I hold Airam when she latches onto me. I watch as fire engulfs the helicopter and the fire alarm goes off. "Damn it." I look back at Claire, Airam pulling away from my arm. "You know what that means..."

     "Yeah... Dinner time." Claire pulls a gun out, turning to watch the zombies wake up.

     "Claire. I think you should go."

     She looks back at me. "Don't worry about me, Leon. You take care of yourself and Airam." She looks at Airam with a soft gaze.

      I watch the gates shake as zombies push against them."Claire. You need to go. NOW!"

     She steps away from the fence before turning to look at us. "Hey... Let's get through this. All of us."

     I nod. She throws us a smile before disappearing.

     I pull at the radio on my shoulder. "Uh, Marvin? We've got a situation here..." I watch as Airam collects things. "We're surrounded by zombies!"

     I watch as zombies hit the fence, groaning. "Marvin! Do you copy?! Marvin?! Damn it!"

     I look over at Airam to see she's holding a pair of cutters with a confused look on her face.

     "Here, let me." She sets them in my hands and I cut the chain on the door. We do a small trade, I hand her back the cutters and she hands me some more ammo she found.

     We go through the door, getting out of the rain. "We're here again." Once I'm sure there's no zombies up, I pull out the map. "We can either cut through the East Office or go back out and up to the second fl-"

     I look up when I hear something fall. Airam opens the door after cutting the chain. She looks at me with a proud smile, holding up the cutters. I did it!

     I can't help but smile, chuckling a little. "Yeah. You did."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 185 13
Six years have passed since the Raccoon City incident that will forever leave an impact on the world, including Jasper. He joined a top secret agency...
25.7K 861 23
Amara Williams escapes Umbrella's laboratory and heads into Racoon City which has been overrun by infected people. She tries to take shelter in the p...
12.7K 260 16
LEON ART IN BOOKS COVER: @everglaid_ -Twitter or MistFighter -DeviantArt - Female reader! Unless you can change pronouns as you read - After a serio...
54.4K 1.8K 19
Enter the survival horror of the events in Raccoon City, 1998. Leon Scott Kennedy, 21, rookie cop. Even though it's his first and only day on the job...