A Whole New World ✶ J.S. [CO...

By kay_alex

Olivia grew up with parents who constantly fought. Now, her dad wonders why she's always acting up and skippi... More

Cast
Epigraph
Playlist
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.

epilogue.

1.4K 36 6
By kay_alex

Yes, the epilogue is here. I hope you enjoy, and I hope this farewell does justice to the story and the characters until the second movie comes out (if there is one).

Song of the chapter: Lucky by Jason Mraz

My eyes travel down to the picture frame sitting neatly on the stand at the end of the couch. A smile falls onto my lips as I remember the picture being taken. It was our graduation day, a little over a year ago. The six of us promised to get one good picture together, and we did. Now, it sits right there every day and I thank god that I was there that night at the mine with Kimberly. 

Lee, our small Boston Terrier, pads into the living room and hops up onto the couch. He curls himself up right next to me as I gently pat his head. He was Jen's graduation gift to me and Jason. 

I let my mind wander to all of the fond memories we had during our senior year. I miss everybody, even if we do meet up once every month. I'm glad we all ended up staying in Angel Grove, that way we can stay close. Jason and I have stuck by each other this whole time, and I couldn't imagine it being any other way.

"I'm home!" Speak of the devil. Lee jumps up and lets out an excited bark as he greets Jason at the door. Jason takes his shoes off and kneels down, petting the dog with a smile on his face.

"How was work?" I ask, standing up and wandering over to him. My arms wrap loosely around his neck and his hands rest on my waist.

"It was work, but I get by when I remember that I get to come home to you." I push myself up onto my toes and press my lips to his, the same butterflies filling my stomach like they did the very first time. "Should I start dinner?" I shake my head.

"Oh no, buster. I'm making dinner. You've been at work all day, you get to relax for a little while." He opens his mouth to protest but pull him into the living room and shove him over near the couch. "Sit and take a breather, I'll let you know when it's ready."

"Thank you." He smiles softly, and I nod. I head back into the kitchen and pull out the stuff for spaghetti. Jason isn't a picky eater by any means, but spaghetti and tacos are his favorite meals, so I always make sure to make either spaghetti or tacos once a week. I usually alternate every other week so he doesn't get tired of them. I love food in general, so I enjoy all of it. 

Once the food is done, I set it all on the counter and pull out a stool for myself. I fill our glasses with water and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top.

"It's done!" I say, flopping down onto my stool as Jason saunters over and sits down next to me. He happily looks down at his plate and picks up the fork, taking a bite and groaning contently.

"How is your spaghetti always better than perfection?" He asks, his mouth full of noodles and spaghetti sauce.

"Because I make it with love." He smiles. 

"So what did you and Lee get up to today?" I shrug.

"I finished that book I was reading, and I got online to do some classwork. I'm pretty close to getting all of the credits I need for my bachelor's degree." Jason smiles brightly.

"That's amazing! How many more do you need?" He asks, taking a sip of his water.

"Only a couple, I got an early start and I've been doing extra classes so I only need a few more courses to get the minimum required credits." 

"I am really proud of you, y'know." I smile, taking a bite of my food. "So, I was thinking about something earlier, and I thought I'd bring it up to you." I'm not sure if I should be worried or intrigued.

"Really? What's up?"

"Well, I don't know how my mind wandered across this thought, but how would you feel about kids?" He asks, his voice trailing off as he finished his question.

"I would love kids," He perks up "But you know we can't right now. We're living in a one bedroom apartment, we're not even old enough to drink yet, and we're technically still Power Rangers so what happens when we have to run off and have no one to babysit the kid?" He nods.

"I know, I know. But we could think all that through. We don't have to try right now, but we could figure out what we'd need to do in order for it to work." I finish my dinner and pick up the plate, walking around the counter and placing it in the sink.

"Jason, we're not even married yet." I say, running some water over the dirty plate.

"Well then I guess we'll just have to get married." He shrugs. I raise an eyebrow.

"Is that a proposal, Jason Scott?"

"It's more of a dare, but you could take it as a proposal too, considering I picked this up a little while ago." He pulls a dark purple box from his jacket pocket and I shake my head.

"No you did not..." I stare down at it as he opens it.

"Oh yes I did." He chuckles, pulling the ring from the box and holding it up. "So, how 'bout it?" I walk around the counter and cup his cheeks in my hands, pulling him into a gentle kiss. A tear slips out of my eye as I pull away, a smile plastered across my face. Jason reaches up and wipes the tear away from my cheek with his thumb. "Is that a yes?" I roll my eyes.

"Yes, you big dummy." He takes my hand and slips the ring onto my finger, and we both admire it for a moment. "It's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you..."

"You are so corny." He chuckles as I playfully slap his arm. Suddenly, a small buzzing noise catches my attention. I glance around, finding my silver coin vibrating against the end stand beside the couch. Jason reaches into his jeans pocket and pulls his out. The vibrant red coin glows against his face.

"Think this means we need to go back?" He asks.

"I bet that's the only thing it could mean." I snatch mine up off of the table and put my shoes on, following Jason out to his truck.

***

"Good, you're all here." Zordon's voice booms through the room, memories flooding back into my mind like they just happened yesterday.

"Yeah, what's going on?" Zack asks. I remember the day Zack's mother got better. He group called all of us and spoke so fast we couldn't understand anything he said. He finally calmed down and said that the new medication the doctors gave her was working. We were all so grateful, and Zack was ecstatic. 

"After you defeated Rita, someone found out about it, and he isn't very happy about it." We all glance at each other in confusion.

"Who is he?" I ask.

"Lord Zedd."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there it is, the epilogue. It isn't the greatest but that's partly because I didn't have a structured script to go off of like I did with the rest of the book because the epilogue wasn't part of the movie. What do you think will happen in the second Power Rangers movie if there is one? I honestly don't know, they could go a lot of ways with it. I just hope it lives up to the expectations left by the first movie. Anyways, hope you enjoyed, thank you for reading, and Jasivia will always live on in our hearts. Catch you on the flip side!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 192 23
Jessica is adjusting to being a ranger and is trying to get back into Karate with the help of her brother Jason and her boyfriend Tommy. But with a n...
4.5K 112 11
Aria walker, a familiar face for the police, constantly in and out of trouble, with her best friend Jason Scott. Y/n is very protective of her younge...
30.8K 351 37
Casey Jones and her family can use the power of snow and ice to help other rangers defeat evil. Casey's childhood best friend Jayden Shiba was traini...
903 12 6
After Rita Repulsa and her lethal monster's escape after 10,000 years of imprisonment inside a dumpster, she is determined to conquer the nearest pla...