Willow

By ChantelIvana

Willow Lorraine Juste has come back home after gaining her Associates Degree while away at school. She's deci... More

<< ONE >>
<< TWO >>
<< THREE >>
<< FOUR >>
<< FIVE >>
<< SIX >>
<< SEVEN >>
<< EIGHT >>
<< NINE >>
<< TEN >>
<< ELEVEN >>
<< TWELVE >>
<< THIRTEEN >>
<< FOURTEEN >>
<< FIFTEEN >>
Forgive Me?
<< SIXTEEN >>
<< SEVENTEEN >>
<< EIGHTEEN >>
<< NINETEEN >>
<< TWENTY >>
<< TWENTY ONE >>
<< TWENTY THREE >>
<< TWENTY FOUR >>
Small Claims
<< TWENTY FIVE >>
<< TWENTY SIX >>
Updateee
<< TWENTY SEVEN >>
<< TWENTY EIGHT >>
Wattys 2019
<< TWENTY NINE >>
What's goooood?!
<< THIRTY >>
<< THIRTY ONE >>
<< THIRTY TWO >>
<< THIRTY THREE >>
<< THIRTY FOUR >>
<< THIRTY FIVE >>
New Story??
<< THIRTY SIX >>
<< THIRTY SEVEN >>
<< THIRTY EIGHT >>
<< THIRTY NINE >>
<< FORTY ~Finale~ >>
<<New Story- Spin Off>> OUT NOW!!

<< TWENTY TWO >>

5.5K 227 42
By ChantelIvana

Tonight was the big night.

I had been getting things together all day.

The girls and I went in today to set everything up and decorate. The workers had only finished two days ago, so I was on edge.

I literally sat there with them waiting for the paint to dry. Dave tried to get me to leave after the contractors came in and did their final inspections, but I just couldn't. Everything had to be perfect. And in time for tonight.

I had just left Key's after tasting the food. Of course I knew everything would be perfect with that. Because she sure knew what she was doing. But she'd never catered an event before and wanted my approval.

"The cake lady just texted me she said she could have everything delivered at 4. It just has to be stored in a cool room before the guests come." Jayde told me as we pulled up to my place in the cab.

"Okay, that's perfect. We should be almost ready by then so I'll just have my mom or Ivy let them in. Actually let me text them now." I said.

"Good. Can't rush all this beauty. You take you're time to get ready. I'll hurry up and get there before it starts to make sure everything is in its place. Even though you made a blueprint of it all." She laughed.

"You know I need everything to look perfect." I pouted.

"And it will. Willow always makes a way. And it aways looks amazing. So will you." She said hugging me.

"Thanks, sis. You always have my back and tell me all the nicest things" I said starting to tear up.

"Ew. Don't start crying. You know I can't handle all that." She joked pushing me away.

I laughed it off and grabbed her pulling her to my room.

"Let's get ready!" I squealed getting pumped for tonight.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you, Kathy! Everything looks great. I'll see you later tonight when I get there!" I said over FaceTime.

The cakes and everything had just gotten there and I had Ivy call me so I could look over things and thank Kathy myself.

"Of course! Thank you for having me and letting me network as well." She said.

"Absolutely! My clients and future clients would be so happy to meet you. And it'll look great for both businesses to have a tie." I smiled.

After hanging up, I gave myself one last look over and called Dave in to let him know I was ready before turning my laptop off.

Jayde has already finished and left so I had him come and keep me company before we had to leave.

"You look beautiful, love." He said looking me up and down.

"You too. Real beautiful." I giggled hugging him.

"Man, always ruining the mood." He laughed. "You ready to go? Aug said it's already getting packed in there."

"Yes! I'm excited." I said jumping up.

"You should be. Congratulations on everything, baby. I know I told you that a million times but I'm so proud of you. Let's go celebrate your accomplishment. The first of many." He said, kissing me deeply.

"When we get back, you're getting head. And whatever else you want." I said seriously.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It was only about 45 minutes after the event started and from the looks of it, things were already starting to pick up. So many people were here.

Once Jayde spotted me see called the attention of the DJ and grabbed the mic once the music lowered.

"Good evening, everyone. I'd like to direct your attention to who just came in. The lady behind it all! My best friend and the business owner of Events by Design!" She announced as everyone cheered.

"Thank you" I told her pulling her into a tight hug. "Hello, everyone. First, I'd like to thank you all so much for coming out tonight to celebrate the grand opening. I hope you all enjoy yourselves and get a taste of what we have to offer. And that I'll get to work with you someday to make your event wishes come true. And of course I'd like to thank..." I went on with my speech thanking everyone would helped and supported Events by Design before we got here. After that I kicked the party back up allowing the DJ to do his thing.

I went over to my parents first, grabbing Dave's hand on the way.

"Dad! Nice to see you, old man!" I laughed jumping on him.

"Old man, where? You did good, baby! I know where you get all this success from, me, but I know you'll do big things, baby girl." He said kissing my forehead.

"Shut up, chump. And give me my baby." My mom said hugging me. "We love you, Willy. Everything looks amazing! Even that young man behind you, acting like he don't speak." He said eyeing Dave.

"Nessa, don't do that like your man isn't standing right here. Who is this and why is he standing so close behind my little girl?" My dad said puffing up his chest.

"Momma, Dad, this is Dave. My boyfriend." I asked holding onto his arm.

"Good evening, y'all. I'm David. Nice to meet you." He spoke up shaking their hands.

"You too, I see my daughter has my taste in men. We'll have to sit down and have dinner soon. She's been holding out and we've been dying to meet you." My messy mother said.

"Dave. Come let me talk to you, away from my lusty wife. Excuse her, she's already had two glasses of wine." My dad said leading him away from us.

Laughing, I shook my head and made my mom go sit down with her friends.

I saw the girls along with Loc, Chris and Aug over by the food.

"Hey guys, thanks for coming." I said hugging everyone.

"Of course, we had to come and show sis some support. This shit looking real spiffy up in here. Good looks." Chris said.

"Well eat up, look around and enjoy yourselves!" I said to the rest of the guys after they joined us.

Walking around with Jayde to thank a few more people personally and to meet a few, I was beginning to finally loosen up and enjoy things myself.

I sat down and ate and had a few drinks before settling down at a table with Dave and everyone else.

Soon I felt a little chill, meaning someone had opened the door. Looking up to see who came in or left, I saw Malcom walking in with flowers.

"Uhm, what is tall, pale and creepy doing walking in here looking like that?" Jayde asked getting up.

"Be nice, I had to open the invite to everyone." I laughed sitting her down and walking over to him.

"Hey, you've made it!" I said cracking a forced smile.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it. These are for you, congrats on everything." Malcom said coming in for a hug.

I reluctantly put an arm around him patting his back.

Being this close to him just felt weird. And wrong. But I just brushed it off.

Just as I was about to pull away, he spoke again.

"And as always, you look good, Willow." He said in my ear and it sent a very odd feeling down my spine.

I pulled away a bit too quickly, just wanting to get away.

Something about that felt real weird.

"Well grab something to eat, and a drink maybe. Some of your colleagues are sitting at a table in the back." I said as I walked back to the table.

"You good?" Dave asked holding my face.

"Y-yeah. Something about him just freaked me out a bit." I said, putting the flowers down in front of me.

"What's that smell? What kind of flowers are those?" Dave asked eyeing them.

I picked them up, inspecting them. "Pretty sure these are carnations, why?" I asked.

"Nah, these smell weird. I'm not bugging right?" He said looking over at Loc.

I picked them up. "Let me go put these in water or something, maybe it's the wrapping around them." I guessed, getting up from the table.

"Or we can just throw them away." Jayde said coming with me.

We made our way to the back where my office was.

"Let me grab a drink real quick, I'll be right there." She said.

I walked over to my desk, undoing the cellophane, throwing it away.

Leaning in to sniff the flowers, I noticed they didn't smell like normal flowers. Maybe they were fake.

I heard the door open behind me.

"Jay, these do-" I began but was cut off by the sight of Malcom.

"Hey, sorry I thought you were my friend." I said putting the flowers down on my desk.

"That's okay, do you like the flowers?" He asked, closing the door behind him.

"Uh, yeah, they're nice. I was just finding a vase for them." I said moving behind the desk a little.

"I'm glad. You don't remember me do you? Willow?" He said pulling the shades down, coming towards me.

"Sh-should I?" I asked, slurring a little bit. It was getting a little stuffy in here all of a sudden.

Where the hell was Jayde?

"Willow. I've been waiting to get back to you after all this time. I didn't mean to hurt you, babe." He said.

"Who the- what are you talking about?" I asked sitting down on the desk. It was getting hot and my head was starting to hurt. I know I hadn't drank that much yet.

"It's me baby, I came back for you." He pleaded before peeling something off his face.

"C-Carter?! What-" I got up, stumbling. Suddenly the room was spinning.

"I don't know what came over me, hun. I'm sorry. I went away, but I'm back now so we can be together." He explained reaching out to me.

"H-help! No! You have have... to.. lea- go! Help!" I tried to scream but it was getting hard to speak.

"Shh, baby. They'll hear-" Carter said before the door shook.

"She's in here!" I heard someone yell.

The door opened and in rushed Dave and the guys.

"Yo, what the fuck?! I knew something was up with-" Dave said charging toward Carter.

"Shut up! Just shut up! Willow is mine. She's supposed to be with me." He spoke grabbing me up.

"Put her down, bitch!" Jayde yelled.

"If you all don't just leave us alone! If I can't have her, no one can!" Carter said pulling out a knife.

He didn't even get to raise his hand before Dave sped over and pounced on him.

Jayde came rushing over to me, giving me water and pulling me out the room.

All I heard was Carter's muffed screams as Loc and the rest of the guys came in shutting the door.

Jayde dragged me out the emergency exit for fresh air.

"Are you okay, sis? Did he hurt you?" She asked fanning me.

"No, it was something in the flowers. It made me dizzy and next thing you know he peeled off his skin... like a mask and I saw the resemblance. I knew it was him." I cried. "No one knows what's going on right?"

"Willow. Don't worry about that. But everything's under control. Mike turned up the music and we closed off the back." She assured me pulling me into her.

I calmed down a little, still shook.

Out came Freeze and Chris dragging out a passed out Carter.

Next, a very messy Dave came out.

"David. I'm so sorry I didn't see it! I should've listened to you!" I cried throwing myself on him not caring about the obvious blood splattered all over him.

"It's okay, love. We got this handled. You're okay now. You're good. Listen, go back inside, get cleaned up and finish up the night. I'll see you soon. We have to go finish this." He said giving me a kiss.

"I got her, D." Jayde said.

We went to the back room and I touched up my makeup and changed my dress. I still wasn't a hundred percent, but the fresh air and some cold water helped.

I'd deal with this later. I couldn't let my past ruin my future.

I'm glad nothing happened tonight and that Carter was finally caught and getting what he deserved.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Whew, Chile.

Excuse any mistakes, it's 3am and I just wrote two chapters back to back.

You're welcome!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 706 59
"Goddamn it Ella, open your eyes, own up to what you're feeling. Look at the person who you are feeling this with and realize that I might actually b...
2K 52 23
Azalee Wilder was human. Ezekiel Walters was not. Azalee lived her life sliding by under the radar. She studied, she got good grades, she was a shoe...
3.7K 1.3K 20
#finished A vampire king is searching for his soulmate, he's 2000 years old, he's look like a 17 year old in the human world. He went to the human...
254 57 20
Everything went wrong when Alessandria turned twenty-six. Everything. Now, at twenty-seven, she is a college drop-out who works two jobs to provide f...