Unexpected Second Chance

بواسطة pseudoannie

(Complete) Joe Walch was in love with the girl of his dreams. Everything was perfect until it all changed... المزيد

Part One - Joe Walch
Chapter 1 - Slow motion movie
Chapter 2 - In love with a laugh
Chapter 3 - My father hates him
Chapter 4 - First Friday
Chapter 5 - Two new friends
Chapter 7 - Going home
Chapter 8 - More than words
Chapter 9 - Guilt
Part Two - Ella Burke
Chapter 10 - Sad girl
Chapter 11 - The kiss
Chapter 12 - One thing
Chapter 13 - Boston
Chapter 14 - Hi El
Part Three - Second Chance
Chapter 15 - Welcome
Chapter 16 - Permission
Chapter 17 - Déjà Vu
Chapter 18 - New student
Chapter 19 - Goosebumps
Chapter 20 - Butterflies
Chapter 21 - Move on
Chapter 22 - His brain
Chapter 23 - Privacy
Chapter 24 - A reaction
Chapter 25 - Not a very good role model
Chapter 26 - Mystery girl
Chapter 27 - Your secret
Chapter 28- Assets
Chapter 29 - A Choice
Chapter 30 - Five minutes
Chapter 31 - Grizzly Bear
Chapter 32 - Numb
Chapter 33 - Rounds
Chapter 34 - Answers
Chapter 35 - Textbook
Chapter 36 - The Bear
Chapter 37 - Lost bet

Chapter 6 - The garage

3.4K 291 20
بواسطة pseudoannie

Joe went outside to where they were taking pictures by the lake. He watched from a slight distance and again witnessed the closeness of the family. Their teasing and laughing and touching was so natural. The whole family obviously loved the bride. She was no taller than Ella, although she lacked Ella's curves and ample bust. Don't be a pig, he thought as he found himself looking at the way Ella's dress made a vee between her gorgeous breasts. Embarrassed, he had to discreetly adjust his pants and turned his focus away from Ella, which was difficult to do. Her voice was like a homing beacon for him.

Thankfully she didn't seem affected by his stupid comment in the car and once the family photographs were over, she never left his side. The only thing to make being with her perfect was if he could take her hand, as they casually socialized with the guests. He wondered if it was how it felt to be a couple. Joe had never really been a couple, except when he was in high school and it didn't count. He had gone out with girls, but he always kept them at arm's length. Embarrassed of his house, he never brought a girl home. If he did his mother would tell her about Whitney. Even still, his mother was convinced he was going to return home and marry Whitney. There was nothing that Joe wanted less, except perhaps to see Garrett again.

If Joe had to choose the perfect moment of the entire day, it would be hard, but even more than Ella's singing, it was when they danced. They only danced together once. As he held her he took in her unique scent, the vanilla was coming from her hair while the musk was on her skin. Again he had trouble in his pants, as he imagined tasting her musky scent right down to her toes. He had become Owen for Christ's sake! A close third to her singing and their dancing alone was when they spent a good deal of the night dancing with Bridget. He wanted to whisper to Ella and ask if she was jealous, but he had already put his foot in his mouth once.

Joe drove Ella and Ava home. Arriving at their house at the same time as their parents, Tim insisted Joe come in. He had seen houses like the Burkes but had never been inside one. He was surprised when Ella pointed to the house next door and told him it was Nick's house.

"Living next door was a good thing, because my mother took care of those babies after their mother died."

"I'm sorry. My father died when I was just a little older than Bridget is now."

She looked at him with sympathetic eyes. "I'm sorry."

He nodded. but didn't elaborate mostly because he didn't want her to know about his dark past. Inside the house was warm and inviting, not stuffy and uncomfortable. Tim had decided Joe was his new best friend and kept Joe laughing as he insisted they have a beer. Joe had only had the champagne for the wedding toast, because he didn't want to let his guard down with alcohol. He agreed to the beer.

The family each disappeared and returned in comfortable clothes. He had taken off his suit coat and tie. He felt so comfortable he wanted to ask to be adopted. Even if he said it as a joke, he would have to tell about his past. He didn't want to, as they were laughing together and talking about the wedding.

"Joe helped with the little ones," Mrs. Burke said.

"It was nothing, Mrs. Burke. They are something."

"Julie, please Joe. Save the Mrs. Burke for Granny. Just Tim too. Right dear?"

Ella had been distracted on her phone. She was probably texting the boyfriend. He watched as she got up and left the room.

Tim nodded and affirmed by raising his beer bottle. "I'm just glad all the kissing is over. You'd think my brother was in love." He emphasized the 'in love'.

"Tim stop! It was a beautiful wedding. David was so proud to be giving Sara away."

"I don't want to think about that day. I won't give her to the one she's off talking to." Tim said, "Come on, Joe. I want to show you the garage."

It was the last thing Joe was interested in, but he followed him out into the large two car garage. Even the garage was neat and clean and orderly with tools lined up on pegs.

"So when will you make your move?" Tim asked.

"My what?" He was certain he knew what Tim meant.

"The other one isn't right for her, but I've seen you look at her. It reminds me of the way I looked... still, look at my wife. Believe me, I know how much Ella resembles her mother."

Jesus, was Tim telling him he knew Joe had the hots for his daughter's physical features? Stammering Joe said, "Um... I don't want to get between her and..."

"Oh don't worry about that! She's upstairs now talking to him, but every time she does she looks sad. They aren't really dating. She just doesn't realize it."

Joe wanted to ask what he meant, but he knew enough about men to guess. He hated the thought of Ella being used. She deserved to be treated like a princess and he wanted to be the one to do it. He didn't respond and Tim didn't push him. Joe suspected the older man had accomplished what he wanted from their trip to the garage. He had sent Joe the message he preferred his daughter to be with him than the man she was with. It felt good to hear, but Joe wondered how he would really feel if he knew where Joe had come from. Ella was still upstairs when he wished everyone goodnight and left without saying goodbye to her. He would text her from home.

🗨J: Sorry I left. If I stayed your father would have shown me his tools!

When she didn't respond, he went to sleep.

Joe was disappointed when Ella didn't respond to his text. He imagined she was with the boyfriend - not going out, which meant only one thing. He wished he was spending the day with her beautiful body wrapped around his. He would need to get a grip or he wouldn't be able to hang around her anymore. He couldn't be a perv with a boner all the time. In the late afternoon his phone rang, while he was correcting essays.

Answering he heard her voice. "I'm sorry about last night and not calling you sooner."

"S'okay." He lied. "I figured you were with what's his name."

"No, I just need some time. I... um... I'm not going to see him anymore."

"You're not?" Joe sounded much too excited. Then more subdued he asked, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just needed some time to think. The thing is I'm embarrassed to say, but I was seeing him for the wrong reasons. Mainly because my dad told me not to."

"So you were rebelling. I was too when I moved to Maine."

"Why?"

"Because I had stayed home for college and needed my freedom. My mother is not happy I'm here."

"Will you go back?"

"No!" He meant it. "You're alright about this thing with the gym teacher?"

She didn't answer for a long time. "Here's the thing. I didn't want to keep seeing him, because I really like someone else."

"You do?" He gulped.

"Yeah. Hey, do you want to come over for dinner tonight?"

"I could take you out to dinner."

"No, my family is important to me and ..."

"Yeah, it sounds like a good idea, because I might need your dad."

"Why?"

"My heart keeps skipping a beat and I think it might stop." She laughed and he said, "You're going to put me into cardiac arrest."

When he parked in the driveway, she ran out to meet him with a smile on her face. He knew he was a fool. "Just to be sure, this new guy you like, do I know him?"

She laughed and nodded and he had no idea who initiated it, but she was in his arms and he finally felt her gorgeous body against him. He loosened their embrace and she looked up at him. Her blue-green eyes probed his and without hesitation, he captured her lips.

The kiss was not urgent, but slow and soft. When it ended he said, "I've wanted to do that since the day I bumped into you at school."

"No, you didn't?"

He nodded and out of the corner of his eye he saw movement in a front window of her house. He whispered, "I think we have an audience."

She rolled her eyes. "Then kiss me again."

When they entered the house, he was accosted by two little bodies.

"Joe!"

Nearby, Tim was smiling and nodding. It felt good to have the approval to kiss her from her father. He wondered if he'd still feel the same, if he knew the impure thoughts going through his head. He had time, since he wasn't going to be the guy who was only after one thing. He loved everything about her not just her amazing body.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

755K 30.9K 76
Alorah Hart thought life was going perfectly until it wasn't. She had a great job that she loved as a nurse. She had been in a relationship with her...
132 16 14
What Happens when you Fall in love with a guy but you don't know how to tell him. Do you suffer in Silence or You confess?. It gets complicated when...
2.3M 83.8K 35
Luke has sworn off love ever since he found out that his best friend and then girlfriend slept together. He loved Olivia and her betrayal cut him dee...
On Call بواسطة Sunny

أدب نسائي

512K 16.2K 30
"How could you break my heart?!" Alex screamed at Aaron. "I promised nothing" He snarled,he actually promised her forever. He twirled his wedding r...