Tale of Love || Male Kris x F...

By Migiiiiii14

Kris, the only human living in Hometown, has a normal life there with Toriel. He and Susie, an unlikely frien... More

Before you read
Chapter 1 - A Human in a World of Monsters
Chapter 2 - Susie, the school bully
Chapter 3 - Dark World
Chapter 4 - Ralsei, the lonely princess
Chapter 5 - Ralsei's fighting lesson
Chapter 6 - Field of Dances and Dreams
Chapter 7 - Lancer, the King's son
Chapter 8 - Reenconter
Chapter 9 - The Fun Gang
Chapter 10 - K. Round's battle
Chapter 11 - Misunderstanding
Chapter 12 - Battle between allies
Chapter 13 - Feelings
Chapter 15 - The Whole Gang
Chapter 16 - Lock in the castle
Chapter 17 - Spade's Castle
Chapter 18 - Kris' Side Quest
Chapter 19 - The Golden Flower Legend
Chapter 20 - Rouxls Kaard, the puzzle master
Chapter 21 - Rematch and The Secret Prisoner
Non Chapter - A Special Draw
Chapter 22 - UEE HEE HEE! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Chapter 23 - Defeated at last
Chapter 24 - Light in the Dark
Chapter 25 - Walk in Memory Lane

Chapter 14 - Revenge

2.7K 35 100
By Migiiiiii14

General POV

Kris smiled at Ralsei after realizing his true feelings. To him, staring wasn't creepy but soon found out that the princess was getting embarrassed by the stare. He quickly turned away before anything could go wrong. When he looked away, his smile faded. A black shadow was in front of them again.

"...is that what I think it is?" Ralsei asked Kris as they approached it. A light appeared in the shadow and revealed it. It was the trashing machine from earlier again. Susie and Lancer came running and Lancer clicked a button making the machine explode into dust and smoke. Ralsei was almost sent backward with the fright but Kris caught her in time. "Why did you build another one just to blow it up?" Ralsei asked still shaking with the fear she caught.

"It's funny!" Lancer laughed.

"Well, in any case, you defeated us... I suppose we can become bad guys now!" Ralsei said trying to seem optimist even she had doubts about what was going to happen now.

"Hey, not so fast!" Susie quickly answered not wanting them to be. Before their fight, she wanted them to be bad guys at her command but after she saw them in that state her mind changed. It's wasn't fair of Susie to make them after almost killing both. Beyond that, she could enjoy fighting against Ralsei one last time. She wasn't proud of her behavior in the past but still felt mad about Ralsei. Everything in Ralsei made Susie angry. Although she didn't know the reason. 

"It's really boring if you just give up!!! The LEAST you can do is show some resistance!" Lancer demanded with his tongue out.

"Yeah, looks like we gotta teach you a lesson!" The purple lizard said and took the blue blade's ax of her back. Lancer jumped to his bike pretending to be preparing the bike's non-existence engine.

"You're going to thrash us AGAIN?!" Ralsei said surprised by their attitude. Kris looked at Ralsei. He had faith they would win this time but Ralsei didn't seem as confident. His SOUL hurt for a moment as Ralsei finished.

"Seems like it." Susie smiled and another battle started.

Kris' SOUL flew again from his chest but this time Kris had a plan. Not wanting to risk his downfall for a second time he decided to grab it with his hands to protect it. He was defying the typical fighting style between humans and monsters with Darkners on the mix this time. (I feel I'm writing a recipe)

Throughout Humans and Monster's co-history, when they fought humans always had an advantage. Their SOULs, Humans' SOULs were always stronger which lead to humans having better resistance than monsters since monsters were attacked in the body, getting weakened easier. But it came with a risk. When a SOUL was attacked a certain amount of time, it cracked, causing unimaginable pain that leads to the human's death. Kris' SOUL was already weak from last time and he didn't want to repeat the process.

Instead of grabbing his sword, Kris was just protecting his SOUL from any attack. This was a test to his reflexes now.

Although the blue human was mad at Susie, he tried to resist the temptation of dropping his SOUL and attack. He decided to reason with Susie so she wouldn't fight but she screamed that his actions wouldn't work on her.

Confused about how to attack, Susie jumped to Lancer's back drove in direction of Kris. Kris jumped to his left side, rolling and trying to evict smashing his own soul in the fall. Susie was considering if she should really attack at this point. If she blamed a blow on him, Kris would get weaker and possibly die because his HP wasn't on the maximum but on half.

Kris told Susie he liked her pink hair. Susie felt flattered but quickly denied it, trying to focus on battling. His acting seemed to be useless against this monster. 

Susie tried to throw her new attack of white axes but Kris escaped them all by jumping and rolling at the right timing.

Kris sighed losing ideas to act on Susie. He was surprised someone didn't have a weakness but he quickly shook his head not giving up on acting. He growled like a bear trying to intimidate Susie. Everyone looked at him with confused stares and he shrugged not realizing why he thought it would work.

Lancer charged his bike at Kris but at the halfway point the bike lost fuel and stopped working. Susie looked at the spades prince and told the Fun Gang to wait.

"(My bike's out of fuel. What can I do now, Susie?)" Lancer asked Susie. He never fought anyone without his bike before and wasn't wanting to try for the first time. Susie sighed.

"(Umm, don't worry. I got this! I can take care of Captain Toothpaste and Kris.)" Susie told Lancer. He nodded and ran off and came back seconds later with popcorn. The battle was just between the old allies.

(I'm using the music because it's just Susie)

Susie turned to the heroes and prepared for a solo battle. Without Lancer she was a little weaker but she believed that could defeat Kris and Ralsei anyway.

Using the TP they gathered during this fight, Ralsei told Kris she had TP enough to use a heal spell. Kris nodded and instructed for Ralsei to use it on herself to recover the rest of HP. He was risking his own health just to make sure Ralsei wouldn't faint again. Ralsei reluctantly used the spell on herself, fearing that Kris was risking too much again.

Kris then tried to come up with an idea to act but nothing came to his mind. He closed his fists in anger that acting wasn't working on Susie. Neither flatter nor reason with her. Nothing worked in this purple beast. But then, he had an idea. He decided to use an act he never used against anyone: Flirt.

As he ran trying to avoid Susie's ax but got hurt on his left shoulder. Pain filling his left arm almost making it impossible to keep holding his SOUL. But he wasn't planning on giving up yet. He decided to give a try with his new act.

Kris said Susie's new clothes made her look prettier. Ralsei turned to Kris, wondering why he was flirting. She didn't understand it was to defeat Susie and thought he was hitting on the pink monster, getting a little jealous. Susie blushed at the human's sentence but kept attacking. Getting sick of the human's actions, Susie decided Kris wasn't the best option to attack and used her rude buster on Ralsei. An attack that could almost defeat anyone in one shot. She charged the ax and threw the red blast in direction of Ralsei. 

Ralsei paralyzed with fear as she saw the red flaming attack. She closed her eyes, fearing the worse. Kris realized what was going to happen and quickly ran to Ralsei, dropping his SOUL. He dived and pushed her out of the way, making the blast cut a tree behind them. Ralsei opened her eyes after falling and saw the tree that was cut in half. She then looked to Kris who was on the floor near her. He didn't get injured but his cape was cut by the ax. 

"Kris... Y-You shouldn't risk your life like that..." Ralsei said as she looked to Kris, blushing. "You could have gotten hurt." She finished her sentence. She didn't know what to say. What Kris did left her speechless. She couldn't believe he risked his life just to save her. 

Even though Ralsei asked Kris to stop risking his life to save her, he wasn't going to. He promised to himself that he would protect Ralsei until the end. Like a knight does with his beloved princess.
(We interrupt Tale of Love to bring you The Legend of Zelda!)

"Oh, please. Like you care." Susie said. She always thought Ralsei overexaggerated when Kris helped her with something. Kris glared at Susie when he got up. He took his sword out and ran to Susie, feeling aggressive. Susie didn't expect the human to attack so she didn't move hoping Kris wouldn't attack. 

Kris jumped to Susie tried to attack but she blocked it with the ax cable on the last second. As his sword touched the ax, the blue knight smiled, his eyes visible during it,  and looked to Susie who was with a terrified expression. After falling on the floor he kept the sword and walked away to Ralsei as nothing had happened.

"The hell was that for?" Susie said breathing heavily. Kris pointed to the ax, answering the question. Susie looked to it and saw its cable was smashed and almost broke in half. She groaned and threw the broken ax to the floor.

"We... We won?" Ralsei asked looking to Kris. A smile formed in her face as she finished the sentence. Kris glared at Susie waiting for her to admit that she couldn't do anything.

"...I guess..." Susie said defeated. She looked to Lancer, sad.

Ralsei started to celebrate their victory. She was happy that Susie would finally be a hero again. Kris, however, was feeling empty. He wasn't happy at all by their victory. He then remembered his SOUL wasn't with him because he had dropped to save Ralsei minutes earlier but didn't feel necessity to collect it. 

When he realized where his SOUL was, he suddenly felt an immense desire to attack Susie when she least expected it. She was harmless without the ax. A single blow would do the job. 

Kris held his sword, his hands trembling as he was carrying it. He slowly walked to Susie while looking to the ground with his pink sword leaving a tiny trace on the floor as he walked. 

"Kris!" Ralsei called from behind. Kris turned to her with a pale neutral expression yet still holding the sword. When Ralsei saw his pale expression she became worried. "Are you alright, Kris? You seem... sick?" She questioned wondering why he was holding the sword after the battle was over. Kris remained silent. "Umm... I just wanted to give you this. I think you forgot and left it!" Ralsei said and handed Kris' SOUL. As he grabbed the soul it flew right to his chest making him almost fell with the push. 

When the SOUL returned to his body, Kris started to feel better. However, his strange desire to stab Susie didn't disappear. He shook his head trying to wash the horrible idea but it wasn't going away. A small part of him wanted to betray his friends but Kris tried to control it. The last thing he wanted was losing his only friends. Lose the friendship he built throughout this adventure. But mostly, he didn't want to lose Ralsei. And he wasn't going to break his promise. 

Not even if his life was at risk.

Words: 1844

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 405 8
Seriously though. I'm just joining the bandwagon. Feel free to jump in for a ride. (A/N: A super, SUPER duper old dump of headcanons I wrote waaay ba...
25.4K 678 36
You're new in Hometown from the city, and making new friends wasn't easy, especially since the school bully didn't like you. After an unusual adventu...
88.5K 1.1K 26
(EVERYONE IN THIS STORY BELONGS TO TOBY FOX!!!!) After defeating King Spade and saving the world, the human of hometown began to miss his prince and...
761 14 2
You are just an ordinary human, a person who's graduated from college, ready to live your life as an adult. You head off on your journey to live in H...