Damien ✔️

By illiteratehomebody

Book 1 in Dominant Series • Mia has spent most of her life in an orphanage-sheltered and with little joy. Sho... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Cast
Skittles
Cast 2.0
Drugs
Cast 3.0
First Day
Luxe
Shirley Temple
Confession
Sanchez
A rat, a rat
Mornings
Caught
Doubts
Crybaby
Deflowered
The Morning After
Oh Brother
The Truth
Dinner for three
Lolita
Moving Forward
Isolation
Blood
Aftercare
The Kill
Reclaimed
Epilogue

Enigma

295K 6.5K 10.2K
By illiteratehomebody

Damien couldn't stop thinking about her all day.

Even at work he was insufferable, he could barely focus during team meetings. His eyes were trained on the clock, waiting for it to strike six so that he could be where he is now—her front porch.

He rose his wrist to knock on the door of the orphanage, but it swung open before he had the chance.

"Damien," She breathed as if she couldn't believe that he was really there.

Although a childish scream interrupted their moment, and the girl quickly closed the door behind her in embarrassment.

"Um, you actually came."

"Of course, I did. I told you I was, didn't I?"

There was that playful tone again.

Mia smiled a bit, briefly entranced by Damien's dark, yet charming smile. His brow rose at her lingering gaze, but it only drew her attention to a few stray strands that rested delicately on his forehead.

"Ready to go?"

"Huh?" She hummed with a distracted blink.

A low chuckle passed his lips as he repeated his question.

"I asked if you're ready?"

"Oh!" Mia exclaimed. "Yes, yes let's go."

With an amused shake of his head, Damien rested his palm on the small of her back as he led them back towards his car.

He rushed to open the passenger door and offered a dimpled smile to the shy girl who whispered a quiet "thanks."

He slammed the door shut and made his way to the driver's side of the vehicle, before throwing himself in roughly and closing the door. Silence enveloped the black Range Rover as Damien buckled himself in and started the car. He rose a brow in surprise when Mia reached over to fiddle with the radio dial.

The shy girl paused her actions and shrunk back into her seat when she noticed his staring.

"S-sorry, I—"

"No, please, go ahead. Don't mind me." Damien coaxed as he pulled away from the curb.

He didn't want to make the poor girl nervous by watching her every move, but it was so hard not to. She interested him like no other and he found himself fascinated by the most mundane things just because they were done by her.

"I don't get to listen to music much." She spoke after a minute.

Damien took his eyes off the road momentarily to look at her, but her head was turned to face the passenger window.

"I've never really had the time." She spoke again, this time reverting her gaze to the blues of the tattooed man beside her.

Damien locked his eyes on hers for a brief moment before focusing on the road and tightening his grip on the wheel.

"When you're with me, you can listen to all the music you want, baby.

Mia smiled to herself and continued to stare at this enigma of a man. His tough and cold exterior was quite misleading, if she were being honest. She focused on the assortment of rings that decorated his long fingers and the tattoos that crawled up his sleeves. There was no doubt that he's an intimidating man. But he didn't treat her like she was less than; no, he made her feel good and fuzzy and experience all kinds of warm emotions.

Damien was an enigma of a man indeed.

~

Mia gasped in awe as she looked up at Damien's house. The large structure was 10 times bigger than her rusting orphanage and the flora that surrounded it was spectacular.

"Your house is very beautiful", Mia whispered, although mostly to herself.

"Thanks"

Damien parked the car crookedly in his large circular driveway and jogged to Mia's side of the car to open the door. He outstretched his hand for her to take.

Mia placed her hand in his, the larger hand dwarfing her small one. As she stood to her full height, she barely reached the top of his chest and she bent her head up to meet his eyes.

"Hi," she breathed.

Damien replied with a small smile playing on his lips.

"Hi little one"

He pulled her along gently and entered his house, smiling as Mia's gasps of

Mia paused in the entryway of the kitchen, seemingly trying to soak in the dim lighting, dark toned finishes and the well decorated table in the centre that held an abundance of professionally made foods.

"You cook?"

The girl tilted her head up towards him, but he was already looking down at her, causing their eyes to lock in a brief, yet particularly intimate moment.

"It's a guilty pleasure."

While it was obvious that he was talking about his culinary abilities, the low husk of his voice and the way he raked his eyes over her smaller form evoked a tingling feeling that left Mia hot.

She licked her lips nervously before looking down to break free from his gaze. Her plump thighs rubbed against one another in an attempt to ease the foreign feeling; it was a subconscious act that she wasn't even aware of but Damien...he was watching.

"Come sit over here." He took her hand and led her to the table where he pulled out the chair for her.

"Oh, thank you." Mia murmured shyly before lowering herself down; she was grateful that her hair was curtaining the right side of her face as to conceal her flustered appearance.

"Mia."

The girl hummed absentmindedly, while her mind ran rampant with taunting words and thoughts that were nowhere near appropriate for the current setting.

"I want to see your face pretty girl, you look beautiful."

"I...um, thank you." Mia obliged, using her dainty fingers, her nails painted a soft pink, to push the rebellious strands behind her ear.

"This looks delicious Damien, but you really didn't have to go through all this trouble—"

"Hey." The taller man called, his blues once again locking with her sparkling aquamarines. "I wanted to. Now, what do you want? I'll make you a plate."

Mia sat pretty in her seat, her Mary Janes just barely brushing the wooden floor as she watched Damien spoon heaping servings of food on her plate. She bit her lip as he piled it high, resisting the urge to tell him that he was giving her way too much, as he had already hushed her for making the same comment earlier.

"So, how long have you been baking?"

Mia licked her lips, glancing down at the plate that was just placed in front of her.

"Um, since I could walk." She let out a light giggle. "Or at least that's what Andra tells me."

She stabbed a piece of broccoli on her fork before she had the urge to look up, only to see that she had Damien's full attention, his palm resting under his chin.

"Andra?"

"Ya, she's um, s-she's my caretaker at the orphanage. She basically raised me and some of the other kids."

Mia swallowed a bite of honey-glazed chicken breast along with the broccoli and hummed at the taste, her legs swinging in delight.

"W-what about you? This food is delicious. You must've been cooking for a while."

Damien watched her eat, his mouth curved up in a smile as he took in how dwarfed she was by the oversized sweater she was wearing and the chair she was sitting in. He had never seen someone so delicate and tiny; she wasn't even sitting that high up and her feet could barely touch the floor.

Everything about her screamed innocence, but even her body was starting to betray that pure image. When she squeezed those thick, creamy thighs of hers, she probably had no idea what she was doing but he knew that she was just begging to be touched. He wanted to help her through these new feelings, either with his fingers or his mouth—as a gentleman he'd let her choose.

"Damien?"

"Sorry baby, yes, you're right. I don't cook often though; I never have the time."

The conversation transitioned to light chatter, and Damien was happy to see that Mia was a bit more relaxed, letting out boisterous giggles and animated expressions when telling her stories. He could tell that she was generally a quieter person, so he felt special knowing that she was sharing a side of her that most people didn't get to see.

Mia went to stab another piece of food onto her fork but furrowed her brows when she was met with a 'clink.' How did I finish all of that?

"All done?" Damien asked with an amused lilt to his tone.

The girl blushed and put down her fork with a nod.

"L-let me help you clean up." Mia stood up and walked over to grab his empty plate, but Damien gently grabbed her wrist before she could do so.

"So polite." He murmured while caressing the back of her hand. "But don't worry about it, I'll have one of the maids do that."

Mia nodded while trying not to think too hard about the fact that Damien had maids.

"How about we watch a movie hmm? Would you like that?"

She smiled at his offer and stepped closer to him. "Yes please."

Damien's jaw ticked as he resisted the urge to pull her onto his lap; it would be so easy too—to have her straddling him and wrapped up in his arms. But since he didn't want to scare the poor girl away, he got his shit together.

"Let's go then."

They made their way to his secluded home theatre, which was a floor down from where they came in.

He walked over to the large flat screen and set up his Netflix account before giving the remote to the blonde girl on the couch.

"You can pick whatever movie you want. I'll be back with snacks."

Mia's head shot up at the mention of food and she gazed at him expectantly. Without words her message was heard.

Chucking softly Damien replied, "I didn't forget about your skittles baby."

With that, he left her to pick out a movie, and went upstairs to change into some sweats and get the girl some snacks.

Mia flipped through the selection curiously, unfamiliar with the streaming service. The only movies she watched were on DVD at her orphanage, the only luxury they could afford.

She quickly found something she recognized and loved; Frozen. The movie was under the category "most popular" on Netflix and she found it fitting as she had seen the movie countless times before. It was her favourite movie out of the 10 they had at her home and she grew excited waiting for Damien's return.

Speaking of which, the tattooed man descended down the stairs, although pausing briefly to take in the girl's excitement. While he found her quietness endearing, it was nice to see her bouncing in place, full of energy. She deserved to feel that way.

After watching her from the entrance he made his presence known and placed the popcorn on the small coffee table in front of them. He plopped himself down next to Mia and leaned over to retrieve the popcorn and the skittles that were still perched on top.

"Thank you." She smiled, before taking the red bag from him and digging her hand around to find her usual combination of red and yellow. After retrieving the pair, she threw the skittles in her mouth, sucking them with earnest.

Damien started the movie and got comfortable only to glance at the girl beside him and see that her cheeks were hollowed with her tongue poking against it ever so often. He groaned quietly, cursing himself for being so horny at such an innocent act. He hadn't had sex in a while, so really, you couldn't blame him for all his pent-up energy.

Damien forced his eyes away from the blonde girl as he felt his length twitch beneath his sweats. He decided to follow along with the movie as a distraction from his aroused state; although he found himself confused as to why the snowman was singing, walking and talking and why there was a musical number every ten minutes.

Eventually, the temptation grew too much, and he looked down at the angel once again and almost came right there and then at her actions.

The small girl was sucking her fingers now, trying to rid them of the butter and salt from the popcorn.

Damien now had enough of her antics. Although he knew her actions were innocent in nature his cock surely didn't.

"How about we get you a napkin, baby." He cleared his throat as he stood from the couch, all but ready to leave the room and get his situation...situated.

"Sorry—oh, look there's one right here."

Mia reached over to grab the lone paper napkin and cleaned her fingers while looking up at him with furrowed brows.

"Are you all right?"

The large man looked caught off guard for once and shuffled back over to sit next to her on the couch.

"Yeah! Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

Mia hummed, unconvinced that Damien was telling the truth. She paused the movie and turned to face him, giving him her undivided attention.

"You've been so nice Damien, nicer than anyone's ever been to me. If something's bothering you then please, tell me. It's the least I can do to repay some of your kindness."

Damien didn't say a word. His jaw clenched when he felt her knee brush against his length that was now obviously printed against his black sweats. As his eyes searched hers, he could tell that she was starting to overthink things again. Her mind, while selfless and caring of others, was not so kind to itself.

"It's not you." He answered before she could even ask the question. "Well, it is but it's—" Damien sighed, not knowing how else to explain this.

He took her hand and placed it on his crotch watching as the girl's lips parted and rosy pink started to fill her cheeks.

"It's you"

Mia closed her mouth and opened it again, but no words escaped. Finally, she was able to stutter out a response.

"I-I'm sorry."

Damien groaned at the apology and shook his head at her.

"You have nothing to be sorry about baby, trust me."

A pregnant pause filled the room as Mia withdrew her hand, but her eyes flickered down to his black sweats again, hesitation lining her expression.

"Can I...is there anything I can do to help?"

Mia's words shocked them both. The blonde looked the most flustered of the two, her skin pink and eyes bright, adrenaline clearly pumping through her body.

"That's not...Mia, I'm not asking you to—"

"But I want to. I-I like you Damien, and I...I want to help. I want you to teach me how."

Damien's eyes were the ones that widened at Mia's confession. He definitely wasn't expecting her admit that she had feelings for him. He couldn't deny though, that the prospect of teachingsounded delightful. They were both consenting adults and shared feelings for one another. Just this once, when it really mattered, he would let himself succumb to his darkest desires.

"Okay" He agreed.

Mia was glad he couldn't hear her heart flutter in her chest.

"Lesson one, pretty girl, starts here."

Damien pressed his finger to her pink pout, letting it linger on the soft cushion of her lips before removing it.

Mia licked her lips a moment after and glanced down at his clothed crotch that appeared tented by his strained erection.

However, her gaze was torn when her chin was clutched between two strong digits, allowing her face to be parallel with the tattooed man's.

"Here" He repeated, and the girl finally got the message.

Mia bit her bottom lip and moved closer to his large frame, hoping that she didn't appear too eager. It was clear though, by the upward twitch of her lip, that she was more than happy to press her lips against his.

Damien smiled when her lips met his in a whisper of a kiss. Her pout was soft, and she tasted of candy. He couldn't help but thread his fingers through her blonde strands and press her head closer to his so that he could have more than just a taste of her.

Mia whimpered in pleasure at his rough handling. She loved the way he maneuvered her and pressed into the kiss for control, for dominance.

Damien pulled away just before she was out of breath but that didn't stop the girl from panting all the same. The dominant man held the back of her head as he pressed another kiss to the base of her jaw and neck, causing Mia to moan at the new sensation.

"You drive me fucking insane." He rasped into her skin.

"I-I'm—"

"If you apologize one more time, I'm gonna put you over my lap and give you something to really be sorry about."

Mia's breath hitched at his words, her imagination running wild with what that scenario would even look like. Regardless, his tone alone was enough for her to clamp down on her tongue.

"I won't Damien." She whispered. Although a small part of her wanted to test him and call him out on his bluff. But who was she kidding? Damien didn't seem like the kind of man to stray from his word.

"Good" He mused.

"Can we do lesson 2 now?"

Damien's jaw twitched at her words, and he gripped the girl's hips to pull her over and straddle his lap. Finally

"I think one is enough for today." He voiced reluctantly. If this were any other girl he would gladly proceed, no questions asked. But Mia wasn't some whore from the club— she was so much more. He didn't want to mess things up by going too fast too soon.

But fuck, the temptation was there.

The girl was so eager and ready for him, so trusting of him. Damien wasn't a saint, he was nowhere near one, but damn him if he succumbed to the desire to corrupt and destroy this girl on his lap. No man, no matter how bad, should even dare.

"But I want to." Mia persisted. Her small hands rested on his broad shoulders as she continued, a light blush dusting her nose as she spoke in a softer tone. "Really, Damien...I-I liked kissing you."

Damien bit back a groan at her words. The blonde beauty really wasn't making this easy for him.

"I liked kissing you too, baby" He smiled as Mia's blush deepened and a nervous giggle passed her lips.

"I wasn't too bad, was I?"

"You're a natural" Damien affirmed. He let his finger run across her slightly swollen lips and his eyes darkened when her tongue flicked out to lick his digit.

"You're not as shy as you let on..." He mused, but he was pleasantly surprised at her wanton behaviour.

Mia smiled bashfully but shook her head at him.

"You just make me feel...different."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 2.4K 64
"You good, babe? You kinda seem a bit off today." "How so?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to that question. Damien answered, "Well you haven...
1.1M 44.5K 45
CHASING SERIES BOOK - 1 | Standalone | Rain Carter unintentionally brought her little heaven to hell. Damien Black intentionally brought his hell upo...
2.4M 57.1K 81
Mia Fiore has been running from dangerous men for half her life. Now that she's focused on a fashion career and finally reuniting with her brother, i...
No Pills By ohboy🙄

General Fiction

4.3K 1.3K 50
*~~~~~~~° When Mia discovers her father's suitcase full of illegal drugs, she's plunged into a dangerous world of deceit and cartels. As she delves d...