The Dead Fleet (Juggernaut #3)

By PeterADixon

Tales from the Juggernaut #3. The dead keep their secrets. Having narrowly escaped Typhon on Parador, Tila, E... More

The story so far...
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five
Sixty Six
Sixty Seven
Sixty Eight
Seventy
Seventy One
Seventy Two
Seventy Three
Seventy Four
Seventy Five
Seventy Six
Seventy Seven
Seventy Eight
Seventy Nine
Eighty
Eighty One
Eighty Two

Nine

636 96 2
By PeterADixon

They hurried to catch up with Tila, and saw her take a left turn. When they turned the same corner, they found her standing by a window, looking out at the graveyard fleet all around them.

"It's wrong, what they've done," she said as they caught up with her.

"You mean the war?" said Malachi.

"No, I mean hiding this ship here, among the dead. The dead should be left in peace, not made witnesses of another crime."

"They're never been any peace here, Tila. Since the battle ended, since the war ended, this place has only seen crime. Grave robbers and scavengers took everything of value in the years after the war, but before there was any security to patrol it. And now everything's gone no-one comes here any more. Just people who want to hide away from the world."

"You make it sound like home," said Ellie.

"It's not the same though, not really. The Juggernaut is for people trying to start a new life because their old one has been taken away. This place..."

"This place is for people who want to destroy the lives of others," Tila finished for him. "It's not a home. It's a pit. A tomb. And we're the grave robbers." She turned away from the window to face Malachi. "Can you tell how far we've come now?"

Malachi pressed his cheek to the window in an effort to see some of the outer hull and make a guess at their location.

"We've come further than I thought. I think we've been travelling along one of the upper decks. The bridge won't be right at the front of the ship, so we might be nearly there."

"Can we get moving then, please?" said Ellie. "I don't like all this talk of graves and dead people."

Tila cast one last look out the window as they resumed their journey.

Had she looked a second time she might have noticed the transport fly overhead as it circled the ship on its way to the central docking bay, eight decks below.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422 65 16
" Summer just got, a whole, lot, hotter." ...Year - 2042. A breakthrough in the scientific world. An island - a treasure trove of resources that were...
579 90 13
Dreamscape - Imphorian Prowess Vol. 2! The Rise of Ahirman. Chris's sorrows. Alyia's bad decision. Alyia had a huge decision to make. So, vast and...
651 36 18
The year is 2019. Just under a year ago, the end of the world began. Zombies. Flesh craving monsters hell-bent on destroying all human life. Gage an...
256 62 45
I'm Abigail Vera. A few years ago, I started a war. With our original plan in shambles, my friends and I head south, for the abandoned city of Kaonon...