Four Paws and A Tale

By Billycorn2002

Pokemon fanfic; Jacob was you're standard 17 year old guy when all of a sudden he's not! Will he be able to m... More

Prologue:
Chapter 1: Jacob
Chapter 2: Jacob
Chapter 3: Jacob
Chapter 4: Jacob
Chapter 5: Jacob
Chapter 6: Jacob
Chapter 7: Pixie
Chapter 8: Jacob
Chapter 9: Pixie
Chapter 10: Jacob
Chapter 11: Jacob
Chapter 12: Unknown
Chapter 13: Jacob
Chapter 14: Jacob
Chapter 15: Jacob
Chapter 16: Pixie
Chapter 17: Jacob
Chapter 18: Still Unknown (May be revealed soon, maybe?)
Chapter 19: Pixie
Chapter 20: Pixie
Chapter 21: Jacob
Chapter 22: Jacob
Chapter 23: Pixie
Chapter 24: Jacob
Chapter 25: Pixie
Chapter 26: Jacob
Chapter 27: Jacob
Chapter 28: Jacob
Chapter 29: Jacob
Eulogy-Pixie: Author
Chapter 30: Pixie(?)
The Real Chapter 30: Jacob
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: Archie
Chapter 33: Jacob
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: Jacob
Chapter 37: Jacob
Chapter 38: Pixie
Chapter 39: Pixie
Chapter 41: Jacob
Chapter 42: Jacob
Chapter 43: Jacob
Chapter 44: Jacob
Chapter 45
Chapter 46: Pixie
Chapter 47: Jacob
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue:

Chapter 40

348 14 6
By Billycorn2002

Glair, Tertle, and Pixie walked towards the Guild, Adrie had left for a nearby town and was going to meet with them the next day. The three stopped outside the cave, Pixie moved to walk over the grate but froze.

Glair's voice was filled with concern, "Pixie, what's wrong?"

Pixie's voice broke, "Last time I saw him... I, we, what if..." What if? One question with thousands of answers. Glair frowned and Tertle nodded sadly.

"If you're looking for Jacob he's not here." The trio jumped at the voice, a short black creature emerged from the shadows; "Hi there, I'm Marv, I'm a Marshadow, I'm Jacob's sidekick and yeah, that's about it."

Glair didn't miss a beat, "Hi Marv! Nice to meet you! I'm Glair, this is Pixie and the Old Fart is Tertle." Tertle frowned.

Pixie frowned as well, "What do you mean he's not here?"

"Well, you, see, he was here but now he's not, I think."

Tertle was confused. "He's not here, you think?"

"No, no I am mostly certain, he is somewhere but not here. Sorry."

Pixie's brows furrowed, Tertle was about to continue the odd conversation but she interrupted. "I know where he is."

Pixie turned and started walking, Glair started following until Pixie stopped.

"I'm sorry Glair but, I have to go alone."

Glair sounded sad, "Oh, are you sure?"

Pixie poured courage into her voice, "Yeah, don't worry, we'll be okay. I'm not sure when it happened but he's not the Ace we once knew, somewhere along the way, he grew up."

With that, Pixie left. Glair, Tertle and Marv walked into the guild and waited.

*****

Jacob sat on the edge of Sharpedo Bluff, below him was the cave he had once shared with Pixie. The wind blew softly, it ruffled his fur and carried away the sigh that escaped his lips.

"Pixie, I'm sorry... If only tears could bring you back. I miss you, but, I have to let you go... Everyone's fighting so hard for the future, I can't keep living in the past. Thank you, for everything you taught me. Goodbye, my friend."

The Eevee sat crying hard, tears slid down his cheeks and his body shook with sobs.

Someone sat beside him, he didn't notice, until that someone spoke, and his eyes flung open.

"Goodbye hurts more than anything, especially when deep down you know you'll never say Hello again. Let's never say Goodbye."

Pixie was staring out at the open ocean, when she looked at him her eyes were wet.

"Pixie... I'm so sorry."

Pixie leaned in and nuzzled his neck, she whispered in his ear.

"I wonder how many times we forgive, just because we don't want to lose someone."

"I, I don't deserve, your forgiveness."

"Then try, try and earn it."

"I don't deserve you."

"You never will, I'm out of your league, remember?"

The pair laughed, and cried and were okay, they were okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 325 19
After Leaving everything back in Kalos, Ash worries about the decisions he had made that day. " I regret Everything" He always says to himself. Ash h...
76 6 16
A former Pokemon Trainer turned Pokemon Gym Leader and Breeder meets an ambitious trainer who wants to be his apprentice after having been beaten by...
233 6 21
A story of a boy who struggles with the bearings of schizophrenia, and builds hope through his visits with Doctor Teary in Room 17. Born in a rough h...
24 0 4
(You are reading as a Beta Reader. For those who was unable to put a comment, you can use this google form to write your comments! https://forms.gle...