A Home for My Heart

By freestyle_dancer0115

Cold. Alone. Frightened. I wasn't always like this I swear. I used to have a perfect life, the one where the... More

Prologue
Chapter One

Chapter Two

29 0 0
By freestyle_dancer0115

Cetera Hendrix

Everyday for five long years, it had been a routine for me. Train, hunt, rescue, repeat. And within those years, I had to deal with the fact that I was betrayed by those who I thought loved me. My parents who I thought were to some day rescue me. I gave up on waiting for someone to rescue me, so thanks to Serene, she had helped me escape.

Bloody and bruised, I laid on the cold floor. I couldn't even feel my legs nor could I even feel my whole body. I was numb, the only pain I could feel was on my face. My head was throbbing with pain and my eyes were sore with tears and bruises. I wanted to take my life then and there but Serene refused to let me do it.

"Please Moon Goddess... Please take me, what use am I to this life if I stay as a useless slave? Have I done any sin to make you hate me that much? Is this my punishment? If so, please accept my plea... Let me die peacefully..." I muttered, quietly.

"Cetera?! Cetera!" I heard a familiar voice whispering softly to me. My eyes were so blurry that I couldn't be able to see the face.

"Oh my goddess, Cetera," I recognized that voice to be Serene, "don't you dare close your damn eyes on me, okay?"

"S-Serene? I-I just want to go, please let me?" I wheezed out. Tears began to pour out of her eyes.

"No, I won't... I promise I will get you out of here at early dawn. I have already came up with a plan and I have came with painkillers to take with you, as well as medicine to heal your wounds," she said.

"H-how did y-you get here?" I breathed out and began to cough.

She had a small smirk on her face, "I may or may not have sedated the guards but who cares?"

"Hurry we don't have much time... I will take you somewhere they won't be able to find you. I have already masked our scent." She told me.

As morning had come, my body felt much better than last night, clearly the medicine had helped. I was in a log cabin that was surrounded by barbed wires. I turned to see where I was and who had bought me here until I remembered that Serene had helped me.

Startled by the opening of the door, I was relieved to see that it was only Serene, who had a tray of food in her hands.

"Oh, you're up! Good timing too, since I know you hate it when someone wakes you up. We have time to go to the borderline and then from there I will let you go. I will try to hold off as much trackers away so you could escape."

I was overwhelmed by the feeling and I couldn't help but cry, "Thank you, Serene..."

She took my hand in hers, I saw her eyes turn glassy as she smiled, "You have nothing to thank me for, if anything, I wanted to thank you–"

She was then interrupted by a loud roar, "Get up and take this with you..." She held out a plain black duffle bag for me.

I stood on my wobbly legs and went to the back door, listening to the conversation as I did.

"Serene," a voice growled out, "where is she?"

"I don't know what you are talking about brother," Serene says way to smugly.

"Don't you dare lie to my face and say that she isn't here because I know she is! I can strongly smell her scent... She– she's my mate..."

My eyes widened and I ran as fast as I could and prayed that he will never find me and that I will make it out of their territory.

I mean, would you still stay if the one who abused you were to be your mate? Exactly. I had cursed Moon Goddess on the day of his eighteenth birthday.

Not to mention, that I also had to live with the fact that vampires, werewolves, fairies, etc. exist. And everyday during those five years, I had been accompanied by an ancient vampire, Heil, who has been a major impact throughout those years. He acted as a father/uncle to me, shaping me into who I am today. He was more than almost a ten decades older, yet he looked like a goddamn youthful man that was in his mid-thirties– only with more paler complexion, white slick hair and full black eyes.

A few weeks ago he was captured by one of the strongest of fairies – the Fairy king, King Nelston. They had claimed that he was the one who had murdered one of their people. Like Heil, he was an ancient, maybe a few decades older than Heil. That bastard had taken the only person who stood by my side after all those years, and damn it, will I make him regret being alive.

Fairies, had their way with tricks and magic that could misguide humans, hunters to where their kingdom was. Vampires, fed on either animal or human as well as other supernatural beings, only when they are mated to any. Hybrids were most common amongst this non-human world. Werewolves, were mostly like everyday humans, but they have enhanced hearing, sight, and strength along as healing powers. They are known for their hierarchy, from Alphas to Betas, and Gammas to Omegas. It's disgusting if you ask me, since they treat omegas as their slaves.

Thankfully, I was raised as a Hunter, a human that knew how to survive in the wild. Although I hadn't grown up to the custom, Heil had taught me everything I needed to do as a Hunter. By the time he knew that I was of a family of Hunters, he tried to kill me.

Of course, I never knew a single thing that had come out of his mouth, since I knew so little information. Yet, I was furious when he had accused me for not telling him, trying to fight him off me. He was impressed with my skill and technique that he wanted to help me improve more of it.

Now, I am running through the mountains to find the hidden kingdom of the fairies that I might or might have not been torturing a hybrid– of a vampire and fairy blood– to get information. It was clear that he never knew about it, but I knew that fairies were lying son of a bitches.

I wore a black cloak, that covered my head to my toes that Heil had gifted me on my eighteenth birthday. It helped hide my scent from other supernatural beings that roamed around the area. A black cloth, I had over my face, only showing my eyes made it difficult to know who I was. The same duffle bag that Serene had given me, was filled with weapons and meat with some extra clothing I needed.

As I ran, a stench began to fill the air.

"Fucking hell!" I cursed to myself, "Of all the times, they choose to come when I am almost there!"

I tried to ignore the stench and walked ahead, as the rogues began running to his pack. It was a distraction for me though, I couldn't even focus.

Dammit to hell! I say mentally as I heard the screams and the fighting.

The only reason why I chose to do this was because of Serene. She was like a sister to me, the nicest one that lived in a family of monsters. She was the opposite of them, and the reason why I never looked at wolves the same.

Positioning myself on a tree, I aimed at my target that was two miles in front of me. I sucked in a breath and shot one rogue that was winning to what looked like a human. I shot the other targets and they began to drop like dead flies. As I got the last of them, I could hear footsteps from a distance.

Great! Just fucking great!

I hurriedly climbed down, but as I reached the ground, two guys had came running to me. I tried to run on snow and as I tried, the snow under my feet, made it hard for me to run at every step. So I decided to challenge them.

Facing the two muscular men, who looked like Hunters. One was a few inches taller than the other, both who were two feet taller than I. They looked like they were a few years older than me, one having military cut hair while the other had short light brown hair. Both looked awfully familiar though that didn't stop me from attacking the both of them.

They charged at me the same time making me do a somersault that made me land perfectly on the ground. The guys...not so much. Their mouths were filled with snow that I had to resist the urge to laugh. One, got up and nodded to the other. He threw a fist at me which I caught and kneed him in his manhood. He groaned falling to the floor in pain, whereas I roll my eyes and glanced at where the other one was.

I heard a slight woosh in the back of me and I can see from the corner of my eye that the guy with the military hair cut was trying to get me with a dagger.

I did a roundhouse kick, kicking his hand that now dropped the knife and punched him in the face. I was met with a hand that almost collided to my cheek, but did the matrix making him hit the other again on the nose.

"Dammit, Dymon!" The bloody nosed man, cursed.

Wait, Dymon? I froze in shock, when I heard my brother's best friend's name.

What the hell was he doing here? Was he helping out his family?

I had so many questions, to which I got punched by him. I accepted it, wanting to know where this will lead me to. It looked like he wanted to take off the cloth that covered my face, so I headbutted him.

"We got the intruder, over..." Dymon groaned in pain, before the radio statics.

"Bring him in," A deep manly voice said.

"Get your ass up!" I swallowed a laugh, when Dymon yelled at me. I swear, puberty certainly did him good.

I would have love to have a camera, just to take a picture of your face once you realize its me...

They grabbed both of my arms as their other hands held my duffle bag and bow and arrow.

"What the hell do you carry in this bag? A bomb?" The guy with military haircut asked.

"Klein, shut the hell up..." Dymon commanded.

My eyes went wide, Say whaaaat? Holy damn! Wow, yup, puberty definitely did them good!

Klein was also my brother's best friend, but was a year older than me. They were most of my brother's trusted friends and they would usually look after me when Blade wasn't available. All in all, they were like brothers to me.

The only thing that I hated was when they would always keep arguing with each other... Like how they were arguing right now. I always thought that they had chemistry between the two of them somewhere.

"–you weren't supposed to you asshole!" Dymon argued.

"Well, how the fuck was I supposed to know that the damn kid was there?" Klein argued back.

"The door was open, surely you should have known something– someone was in there!"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and let out a sigh of frustration.

If they weren't my brother's best friends, I would have killed them right now.

We continued to walked, to a certain area that I remembered. It was the sparring field of Alpha Montreal's pack.

I shivered slightly, as I began to reminisce the memories I had in this pack.

Not too far away, I saw a familiar face. His face was similar to mine, a stubble on his cheek and hazel eyes that held in my appearance to which I kept my head down. From then, I had no doubt that he was my brother.

My mind was blank, How was I going to react? Should I be mad at him just like I am with my so-called parents?

I always admired my brother, always wanted to be like him. He was more tougher than me, always sticking up for me whenever I was teased by other kids. I also admired how kids respected him, became his friends. I was usually the loner, only loved reading and doing homework so of course I was a nerd. I guess that was the reason why I had pale skin when I was young. Compared to now, that shy and frightened girl had become a strong confident young woman. All those years of living within the forest with an ancient vampire, I had learned to love the wild and animals within.

My once pale skin slowly started to turn to a normal complexion, my shoulder length brunette hair, grew down to my hips. My hazelnut eyes that sparked with so much happiness, was now dull. My eyes would change into a darker shade of hazel due to my anger.

I could hear a roar getting closer, a roar that sounded like a wolf that was desperate that gave me the goosebumps. When we were a few steps away, they forced me to kneel, kicking the back of my knees. Dymon ripped away the black cloth that I used to cover my face and I heard gasps.

I smirked, my brother along with the others who had known me through my brother wore shocked brother, "Greetings, brother...."

He and the others were speechless, so I rolled my eyes and elbowed Klein in the guts and pushed down Dymon to the ground. I then stood up, putting my arms under my legs to put it in the front of me. Grabbing the key from Dymon's pocket, I kicked him in the ribs. Blade had already broke out from his trance.

Blade's men pointed their weapons to me, clearly they don't know who I was.

"Wow, now isn't that a shitty thanks and a lovely welcome home reunion, don't you think?" I opened my arms widely to the men that had guns.

Blade put a hand up, "Put your weapons down..." He ordered his men and they followed.

"Cetera?–"

"Yes, brother... It's me still alive and well. Now I would love to stay and chat but I have somewhere to be."

I was about to walk away, when I heard a growl, "Mine!"

My eyes widened, I twisted my body to get my bow and arrow only to see him. His whole body was chained except his feet. He stood tall, his bare muscular chest filled with different kinds of scars. His pitch black hair grew to his shoulders. He had a beard, due to not shaving. His bright blue eyes turned pitch black as if trying to control his wolf. His nostrils flared, jaw clenched and his hands were in fists, yet I could still see his werewolf nails drawing blood from his palms.

He was a god, no lie, but I still see him as the one who tortured me. Just seeing him now, caused goosebumps and what I was feeling was not normal. I wasn't used to feeling this way. Was it because he was my mate? If it is then I will reject him.

Rejection to or from your real mate will lead to consequences, such as death or long suffering. It doesn't really matter to me though. It was rare to find rejection since you only have one, and no one but your mate could fill that void, blah, blah, blah all that shit.

Void my ass!

"I, Cetera Essene Hendrix, reject–" I wasn't even able to finish when I felt a hand cover my mouth.

More hunters were trying to hold back Stallone. He growled, his face turning was filled with madness, I could see his fangs come out, "Mine!" He shouted again and again, "My mate!"

I rolled my eyes, pushing my brother's hand away, "What the hell were you thinking?!"

Oh, goddess... I really don't need any lecture right now, I already have Heil to do that.

I walked away from them, grabbing my bag and bows and arrows.

"Where do you think you're going?" My brother came in the front of me, blocking my way.

I stayed silent as I tried to side step him, "Cetera?! Goddammit, Cetera! Answer!"

My jaw clenched, "You want to know where the fuck I'm going?! Fine! I'm going to save the only person who was like a father to me! The person who taught me everything I needed to know about who I truly was! The one who told me the truth about who I was! The only person who made me feel like the perfect daughter! The one who never questioned whether my parents loved me! He never cared if I was a hunter, he cared that I would be able to survive on my own in situations like this! The only person who would put my ass in line when I was this close to killing myself!"

Everyone was silent, even my mate was. The only sound you could hear was my heavy breathing from all the frustration I had poured out. I didn't even know that I was crying until Blade wiped away the tears. He held me like he used to when we were kids and I always loved his bear hugs, even if it has been a long time.

"Who was he?" My brother asked, quietly.

I sighed, "He's a vampire, an ancient... His name was Heil, he was taken by the fairy king when I was out hunting. They must have thought that a powerful vampire like Heil would kill one of his people, you know how fairies are enemies with vampires."

"My team and I could help out with you, the werewolves could help as well..."

I pulled away from the embrace and looked at him confusingly, "What do you mean?"

"Cee, the only reason why we were here was to see if you were here.... The pack members are taken in as slaves–"

I gasped in horror, "Serene... Is she here?"

He nodded, "Don't worry we never hurt her... She– She told us what he did..."

I looked away from him with shame and embarrassment, "Cee?"

"I know what you're thinking...that I failed to keep my virtue. That I was used as a toy and then a punching bag of some sort, I guess that was what our parents thought–"

"Dammit Cee! Fuck our parents! They are no parents of ours when they sold you to a fucking pack leader! And fuck what you said about me thinking that about you! I would never in my whole entire life think that of you. You are still my sister, the one who would laugh at my terrible jokes, who always had the brains... You may feel shameful but I'm telling you I am proud of you. You are strong..."

By this time, it was only me and him who were at the field. The many hunters took my mate that was struggling to get to me, I couldn't even look at him without feeling so angry and vulnerable.

"Serene... I need to see her," I told my brother and he nodded in response.

At the same time I was planning of a way to do this on my own. There ain't no damn way in hell will I be taking them with me. I don't want to lose them. They were my family, my real family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 1K 38
စာမေးပွဲဖြေတုန်းကအခန်းစောင့်တဲ့ဆရာမကလည်း ကိုယ့်အချစ်ဆုံးလူသားဖြစ်လာနိုင်ပါတယ် တီချယ်ကိုလေသမီးအရမ်းချစ်တာ ...
6.2K 21 1
ဆရာမလေးကိုစစ်ကြောရေးမှာ မုဒိမ်းကျင့်တဲ့စိတ်ကူးယဥ်ဇာတ်လမ်းပါ အပြာစာပါ 21+
51.2K 242 22
Just fun little one shots I do in my spare time. No regular update schedule it's just whenever I find the motivation.
107K 3.1K 24
A fire incident at his(Kim Jae-soo) husband's home while he (Baek Ji-Hu )was away made Kim Jae-soo return to his third year of university (he was reb...