Power Rangers Beast Morphers

By KuroYin

After being chosen to defend the Morphing Grid from the most powerful virus; Evox, a newcomer comes into the... More

The Grasshopper

1K 11 4
By KuroYin

I sling the backpack over my shoulder as I make my way into Grid Battleforce. "New day, new life..." I thought. As I walk along the school's halls, nothing out of the ordinary; high school bullies bullying the new or nerdy kids, couples holding hands in the hallway, friends chatting amongst each other. From the corner of my eye, I see vibrant blonde hair. But in the midst of seeing this blonde, I bump into someone; a boy who donned a red and light grey shirt.

"Watch where you're going nerd," he yells

"... Sorry," I say

I kneel down to pick up my book, but the bully grabs me by the collar and makes me stand.

"That's no way to talk to your superior," he growls

Unphased, I grab his wrist and squeeze it. His face begins twitching and his hand began loosening, but not by a lot. But then his hand began tightening again. I kick his ankle, and he falls, letting go of my shirt. I kneel down again.

"Ya know, brawn doesn't always beat brain," I say, poking his head

I brush myself off, and picked up my book again.

"Is that a new kid?" Ravi asks

"Sure looks like it," Devon whispers

As I was just about to begin walking to class, another person bumps into me. However, as I caught myself, I also catch her.

"Hey, sorry about that," I say, "You okay?"

Instead of words, she only nods.

"Name?" I ask

"Zoey," She answers, "Yours?"

"Kacey," I reply

She lets out a smile, I clear my throat and let her back up, but only to kneel down again and pick up her notebook.

"This, should be yours, Zoey," I say, standing up and handing her notebook

"And this should be yours, Kacey," She replies back, handing my book to me

I make my leave from her, giving a smile upon my exit. I turn the corner and then a right, into my physics class. I take a seat in the back corner, closest to the window.

Taking the typical notes in this small class of cadets, answering the questions the teacher had asked the class, which not even half of the class was interested. Myself and possibly another select few of people were as well.

"Now class don't forget to do the two page homework assignment that is due tomorrow," The teacher announces as everyone gets their stuff together, "This homework will help you with your quiz that is on Friday. Don't forget that next week is a test to test all of your knowledge and strength to become a Battleforce Cadet. Now study up."

I could tell the teacher was just as done as her students... As soon as she told us to study, her expression dropped and then she began packing her things also. "Some class this is... People won't pass if they just slack off..." I thought. I look down at my watch and begin walking towards the cafeteria.

As I sit at a table, I look up to see Zoey, who also just looked up as well. She smiles and waves at me. I did the same. Later, with papers scattered all over, I take a bite of my sandwich and write.

".... Nope," I say

*Zoey's POV*
"I don't get this physics problem," Zoey says, "I don't understand how people can understand this right off the bat..."

"Why don't you ask her over there," Devon says, "Wasn't she the girl that told Hank that brawn doesn't always beat brains?"

"That's the one," She says, "I was being dumb and bumped into her. It was... Kind of cute how she caught me. Do you think she'll be good enough to wield a Beast Morpher?"

"Nonsense," Devon says, "There's only 3 that have been created."

"It wouldn't hurt to have more members on the team," Ravi says, "Maybe we can help her give her own Beast Morpher."

"The more the merrier Devon," Zoey says

*Kacey's POV*

I look down at my watch, and practically fall out of my chair. I gather all of my belongings and shove them into my backpack, not thinking about the organization of them and run out of the cafeteria.

*Zoey's POV*

I watch her run out of the cafeteria, however, when I look back over to the table a sheet of paper was still there. I get out of my chair and grab the sheet of paper and begin hastily walking in the general path of that girl. Right as I get through the doors, she's already gone around the corner...

As I begin walking back to Devon and Ravi, Devon waves at me.

"Hey Zoey did you catch that girl?" Devon asks

"No, unfortunately she left before I could even reach her," I say, "But, hey look at this..."

I place the sheet of paper between us and see calculations of a contraption, rather two contraptions; two bottles.

"What are those supposed to be?" Ravi asks

"One looks like... a Rabbit?" Devon says

"'Faster than any other being'," Zoey reads

"What kind of inventor is she?" Ravi asks

"Don't know," I say, "I hope she isn't secretly working for Evox..."

"Keep an eye on her then," Devon says

I seat myself back into my chair, but not even a few seconds after settling in, Devon, Ravi and I overhear screaming. We turn around and see people running. We get up from our seats and exit the school. The three of us look in the opposite direction of the people who were running.

"Another one of Evox's viruses," I state, "It's gotta be."

We run into the direction opposite of where the people were running off to. Just as we slow down, it's Roxy, importing another virus into an everyday object...

"You're just in time rangers," She says, "Time to test to see if you are really fit to protect the morphing grid."

She lets out a laugh.

"We're so much better," She says

"Because you're creating things that battle for you?" Ravi asks, "Roxy please..."

She doesn't reply, she only laughs and completes the virus injection.

"Needletron, destroy them!" she yells

The robot virus charges at us, hardly giving us time to morph. Devon, Ravi and I could hardly keep a fight as the weapon of the monster were needles. The monster throws me across the pavilion. Then throws Devon and Ravi into different directions and begins walking towards me. Just before the monster brings its weapon down, I see a Grasshopper speed by...

"A... Grasshopper?" I call out

*Kacey's POV*

I scan it on my driver.

"Authorize!"

My driver began looping an upbeat rock standby while Hopper jumped past the rangers and began to jump on the monster and fell back. Hopper then jumps elsewhere in my surroundings

"Couldn't help but to notice you three looked like you were in a pinch," I say

"Kacey?" Zoey asks, "What are you doing here?! It's dangerous, you need to get to safety!"

I turn around and reveal a device that is on my waist, which surprises the three.

"Don't think I will," I chuckle, "Can't pass up the opportunity. Because there's only one person who can defeat you. And that's me!"

Still holding a key-pass, I look at the monster.

"So, shall we dance?" I ask

I flip the surface of the pass and it reveals a blueprint of a mechanical Grasshopper. Then insert it into my belt driver...

"Progrise!"

A similar key-pass hologram appears in front of me and begins creating a base suit for the Hopper armor.

"Henshin! (Transform!)" I say

*Zoey's POV*

Once more, the tube construction border closes in on her, but, her style had changed completely.

"Jump up and Rise! Rising Hopper!" It announced, "A jump to the sky turns to a rider kick."

Her fists clenched and began running to the monster. She just constantly kicks and punches the monster, only to stop when the monster draws itself back to try and catch a breather... But, she smacks the pass in her driver

"Rising Impact!"

She kicks the air. She jumps high and her foot ignites in blue flames as she kicks the monster, making him explode. She slides as she lands back onto her feet. 

"Are you guys okay?" she asks, walking back over to us

Just as she holds her hand out, another monster appears, but it's a giant robot resembling Needletron. Kacey turns around and falls onto the ground, looking surprised.

"Don't you have a megazord?" I ask

"No," She says, nervously

*Kacey's POV*

Davon, Ravi and Zoey hold out their right wrist.

"Activate Beast Power!" They yell

They push a button on their morpher and they don a leather suit coordinating to their civilian clothing. They jumped into the air and jumped into their zords. "Isn't that impressive..." I thought. The red ranger's zord immediately transforms into its own megazord... Without needing the yellow nor the blue rangers' zords. I watch them as they combine into the Beast-X Megazord.

"They're pretty good Nii-San (Brother)?" I ask, looking at him

"Yeah," He agrees, "But, they're not as strong as you though."

I chuckle, "Not really Aruto, they took after other animal motifs, you know that. However, they do have a cheetah motif in there."

"Like that AIMS lady?" He asks 

"Yeah, exactly," I reply, "However, he is red."

"Nice, But it's a HE?," He chuckles

"Yeah," I say, "Shouldn't you be working as president?"

"I know I know," He replies, "But, aren't you going to help them?"

"I don't have a giant animal robot now do I?" I ask him

He only chuckles and then he hangs up. I take the progrise key out from my driver and look up at them andwatch them fight each other battle. Eventually, they eliminated the visur and we met up after the fight. I reach my hand out for them to shake. As being friendly as she was, Zoey was the first Beast Morpher member to shake my hand.

"Would this mean you're part of the team?" She asks, with a smile

"Hold up," Devon says, "We don't know if we should fully trust you. We don't know a thing about you."

"Devon, she's clearly proven herself to be apart of this team," Zoey interrupts

"No," I say, "He's right. As I don't know anything about you three, yet."

I turn around and sling my backpack over my shoulder. I begin walking away but before I fully walk away, Zoey grabs my hand, making me stop for a moment. My head turns enough to look down at her hand holding mine. Her expression turns into sadness as she lets go of my hand. I begin walking away, but stop when I'm at a decent space from the three.

"It doesn't mean I don't want to help you guys," I say, "I'll see you three around."

I take out my phone and press a bike app. I scan it to my driver

"Changing to super bike motorcycle mode,"

I see a giant phone that looks exactly like mine and I press the bike app again.

"Motor rise,", "Rise Hopper."

I get on and revv it up to drive away.

*Zoey's POV*

I watch Kacey get onto her motorcycle and put on her helmet, then drive away.

"You like her, don't you," Devon teases

"No, there's something about her that..." I say, "I don't see in other people..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 11K 61
BOOK #2 They say love heals scars, but Seokmin's scars were lessons-bitter reminders that twisted him into a creature of darkness. His life was a ser...
1.7M 61.9K 43
" Wtf is wrong with you, can't you sleep peacefully " " I-Its pain..ning d-down there, I can't...s-sleep " " JUST SLEEP QUIETLY & LET ME ALSO SLEEP...
95.2K 2K 35
🔞🔞🔞 You R@ped me you are a sinner i will expose you in front of this world MR JEON JUNGKOOK.... .................................... He is taking...
170K 9K 57
Abandoned and ignored by her father, Princess Vaella remained at her mother's side. Forced to watch as life went on for those around her, while her...