Destined || Peter Parker FanF...

By rileyymayy

"The stars will go out before I could ever forget you, Peter Parker." • • • Nylah Odinsdottir is an Asgardian... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Epilogue
AUTHOR's NOTE
What if...

Chapter Twelve

13K 347 90
By rileyymayy

The next day came around and Nylah was back to at school, dressed in a black and white striped shirt that was neatly tucked into her black skirt with her denim jacket keeping her arms warm. She played with the sleeves of her jacket nervously as she stood beside Ned, who stood a little to the back of the group alongside another girl – Michelle. Nylah had not talked to Michelle before, and she wanted to have a go at it, then she remembered that after the whole thing with Vulture, she would be heading back home. She did not want to make any more friends if she was only going to leave and only see them when another problem arises.

"Peter?" As soon as the name fell past a feminine voice, Nylah's eyes lit up and butterflies piled into her stomach and flew around carelessly. Everyone watched as Peter jogged his way towards the school bus, a nervous look on his face and he was yet to spot Nylah standing beside Ned and Michelle. "What are you doing here?"

"Yeah, I was hoping I could maybe rejoin the team." Peter suggests before his eyes drifted from Liz's to Ned, to then Nylah. Nylah could feel betrayal coming off of him as he stared at her with a look of hurt and sorrow, causing for Nylah to look down and for that butterfly feeling to vanish.

"No, no way." Flash interrupts as he stomps towards Peter with angry eyes. "You can't just quit on us, stroll up and be welcomed back by everyone."

As if on cue, Mr. Harrington stepped off of the bus with forms in his hand and a bright smile on his lips. "Hey, welcome back, Peter!" As the teacher went on to explaining to Flash about his position change, which is given to Peter without hesitation, Nylah could feel Peter's eyes burning into her body.

Nylah slowly looked up to find that Peter had moved his eyes to Ned, almost death glaring the poor guy. Ned shrugged his shoulders at his best friend with a cheeky grin on his lips while Peter gulped, his eyes hesitantly wandering back to Nylah's. He stared at her with a look that Nylah could not recognise, though she told herself it was betrayal and that was the end of it. Because that is what felt. Betrayed – surely. Nylah knew that she would if she were in Peter's position, finding out that your friend isn't really your friend, and only made it seem so because of a mission to stop him from doing anything stupid.

"Protesting is patriotic," Mr. Harrington spoke before he used his hands to gesture to the kids to get themselves onto the school bus. "Let's get on the bus."

Peter leaned his back against the window as Liz quizzed the team, each having their own buzzer resting on the top of the seats in front of them. Liz read out questions that Peter ignored, his attention on his best friend and the girl that he thought he could call his friend, Nylah Davis – Odinsdottir. Nylah Odinsdottir.

He watched as Ned excitingly asked Nylah questions, presumably about Asgard and what life was like there – because although Peter would not admit it to himself yet, he wanted to know more about it too. He wanted to know how life was different for Asgardians compared to humans on Earth, the only thing he did know was that Asgardians age a lot slower than humans do, which only made Peter question Nylah's age. She could not be fifteen when Thor was thousands and thousands of years old... or at least, that's what Google said when Peter searched late at night to learn everything he could about the Odinson/Odinsdottir family. He relied heavily on Google, which always has the possibility of its information being false, when he had an Asgardian only a foot away from him.

But he couldn't become friends with her just because he wants to learn about Asgardians, he could not do what she did. He knew that it was a different situation – Tony was just because over protective of Peter and constantly treating him like a little kid, hence why he sent an Asgardian to look out for Peter. Which, another thing, that did not make sense. As Peter searched on Google all night, he could not find a single thing about her abilities until he stumbled up on an old book that was on the internet. It had Thor in it as well as Loki – the God of Mischief, and for a second, Peter thought that he could not find Nylah until he stumbled across a title – Goddess of Healing. Peter found it strange that her brothers had gifts like magic and thunder and lightning, but Nylah? She had the most beautiful gift one could have. The ability to heal those who have been hurt; and now with Peter watching her smile to his best friend, everything was beginning to make sense.

Everything would think that an Asgardian who is a child of Odin, a sister of two powerful men, would have powers that could only benefit them in war. Peter saw Nylah's powers as an extraordinary gift, something that was so beautiful. Her gift related so much to her personality. Of course, Nylah was bound to be born with a heart of gold. Her kindness, her need for caring about people around her. With the way she acted the night that Peter found out about her mission, he could see the look in her eyes and how the entire time she was upset with herself. It made him wonder if she knew how powerful she was. Because to Peter, she was not only a beautiful person inside and out, but she was inspiring. Not only that, but kind of adorable, considering that one time that she tried to cure him of a non-functioning brain when it was only used as a metaphor.

As Nylah's eyes made contact with his own, he felt his heart skipping a beat. He heard talks around school and the streets when Thor first made his appearance on Earth. Asgardians were born beautiful, with their faces perfectly sculpted as well as their bodies – no matter the type. Asgardians were confident and beautiful, and with the only two Asgardians that he knew, Peter assumed that they were all as caring and kind as the two siblings, Thor and Nylah.

"Peter?" The sound of Liz Allen's voice echoing in his eyes brought him back into reality, his head turning to face Liz as he felt his cheeks burning. "Were you even listening to the questions?"

"Uh, no, sorry." Peter apologised before clearing his throat awkwardly after receiving a look of disapproval from Liz.

"Let's focus, okay?"

On the other side of the bus, Nylah watched Peter intensely as he spoke to Liz. The blush on his cheeks did not go unnoticed, and her staring did not go unnoticed by the teenage boy beside her, either. Nylah heard rumours from Asgardians back home that humans were incapable of perfection and were ugly creatures, inside and out; after all, they were not only over-populating their planet, but they were also destroying it. Nylah believed them as a child, but the day that Jane came into her home, Nylah's beliefs were fading away. She did not understand how a beautiful human like Jane, inside and out, could be capable of destruction.

Now that she has met Peter – any thought of hatred for humans had vanished. Living on Midgard, only for a couple weeks, Nylah came to the conclusion that no one is perfect, no matter what planet any creatures are living on. Perfection is not something everyone should aspire to be. But, Peter... despite thinking that perfection is unachievable, that boy, Peter Parker, he was perfect inside and out. He knew when to forgive people and when not to, instead of giving in so easily like Nylah. He was kind and passionate, always feeling the need to put everyone above himself. He always strives to put kindness into the world and protect those who cannot protect themselves against the evil in the world.

Peter Parker was a blessing to the Earth.

Within another few minutes, they finally arrived to a hotel that had been taking in all decathlon nationally. The bus parked and it was soon time for everyone to gather their things and exit the bus before making their way inside.

As Nylah walked into the cool-aired hotel, with kids walking and giggling to one another everywhere, she could not help but still be amazed by Midgardians designing skills. Asgardian buildings were stunning with their structural designs and golden beauty and Midgardians were completely different when it had come to architecture. Nonetheless, Nylah found it beautiful. All she had to do was look up at the ceiling if she wanted to look up at the sky, that was about 15 stories up high.

"You have your laptop, right?" Peter asked Ned while Nylah distracted herself with the beauty of the building. Nylah's head slowly turned to face Peter when she finished admiring the building as Ned nodded his head at his friend, his eyebrows quickly furrowing together in confusion.

"Why?" He asked, though Peter did not seem interested in sharing the reason. With his eyes awkwardly looking at Nylah before returning to look at Ned, he tucked his lip between his teeth and looked down. Nylah looked down too, feeling embarrassed and stupid to think that Peter would trust her again. "I am going to lock you both in a room until you both sort everything out."

"That can't happen," Flash interrupted them with a chuckle that caused a shiver down Nylah's spine – and not that good kind. "Mr. Harrington put us into allocated rooms. Girls bunk with girls, guys bunk with guys. Must suck for you, Penis Parker."

"Stop being so unkind." Nylah said with a soft voice and hurt in her eyes still from the rejection Peter had given had seconds beforehand. Clearly not wanting to deal with female emotion, Flash held his hands up in defence before her wandered off with another boy beside him.

"I'm bunking with you, Nylah." Liz said from beside her, a kind smile on her lips. Nylah returned the smile as Liz linked her arm with Nylah's, guiding her to the elevators. Nylah did not want to be rude and unlink arms to rejoin Ned and Peter, considering that she was also aware that Peter did not want her there either. However, she did not feel comfortable making another friend and lying straight to the girl's face. "We'll have fun. You seem a lot more mature than the other girls at Midtown High."

"Th-thank you." Nylah stuttered as they entered the elevator, along with Ned and Peter who managed to catch up with them quickly. Ned sent a reassuring smile to Nylah before smiling awkwardly at Liz, whilst Peter's back faced both Nylah and Liz. Nylah could not help but frown as she leaned her shoulder against the elevator door as Ned pressed the buttons.

A few hours had passed and Liz and Nylah were finally settled into their bedroom, bags unpacked and clothing in the closest and dressers. Liz had just finished informing the rest of the group that they were going to sneak into the pool area and let loose before the big day tomorrow, though Nylah was not interested in swimming in the warm water. Besides, she had not even packed the suitable clothing to swim in the pool with.

Like any normal Midgardian teenager, she was too busy wound up about a boy. Peter Parker. She was aware that it was going to take more than just a couple days to earn Peter's forgiveness, but she just wished that he could understand. All Nylah has ever wanted was her father's approval; to be told that she is something to be proud of, that she is worthy and should be proud to call herself the daughter of Odin. She wanted to tell Peter everything, from the start of her life until the exact moment when Peter found out that she was sent to Midgard to protect Peter. That was all she wanted. So, then, at least, he could know why she did what she did. Why she took the mission. It was not to hurt him, it was to become something – someone – that her father could be proud of.

"Hey!" Liz said with a confused look upon her face and a towel hanging over her shoulder. "Why aren't you in your bathing suit yet?"

Nylah shook her head. "I think I might have an early night."

"No way, you came all the way here just so you can watch your friends win and that's it?" Liz asked as she folded her arms over her chest with an eyebrow cocked. "Come on, Ny, you deserve to have some fun."

Except she did not. She hurt Peter.

"I did not even bring a bathing suit." Nylah laughed nervously as she gripped the book that she had been reading in her hand tightly.

Liz shrugged her shoulders, making it her mission to get Nylah to come with her. "I have one you can borrow."

"I—"

"No!" Liz exclaimed with a wide grin on her lips. "You are coming with me, you are making more friends – girl friends – because I will not let you only hang around Peter Parker and Ned Leeds. When I'm gone, you are going to at least need to have on girl in school to go to for advice."

"By the time you are gone, Liz, I probably will be too." Nylah says with a sigh, her grip loosening on the book as she closed it and placed it on the bedside table beside her. Liz look up at her from her suitcase, pulling the bikini out of her bag and staring at Nylah in confusion.

"What about Peter?" Liz asked as she closed her suitcase before lifting off the bed. "Won't he want you to stay? And Ned?"

"Ned, maybe." Nylah mumbled to herself, though Ned understood how much she missed her home. So, as much as he would want her to stay, he would not keep her from going home. As for Peter, well, he probably already wants her home. "But Peter? No. He probably wants me leave."

"There's no way Peter actually wants you to move schools, I have never seen a guy look at someone the way that looks at you." Liz rolled her eyes as she threw the baby blue-coloured bikini at Nylah and a smile curving into the teenager's face. Nylah could not help but wonder what she meant by that – how did Peter look at her? Full of betrayal? Hatred? "This bikini is new, but I don't think it'll suit me. You can have it... if you come with us to the pool."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 383 36
*ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ੈ✩‧₊ In which a speedster called for a goddess also known as Thor's sister. *ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ੈ✩‧...
67.5K 1.7K 26
Edited Description: December 18th, 2020I'm only keeping this story up because it has comments from old friends of mine that I fondly look back on. Ot...
286 0 15
IW & Endgame - Thor's daughter From a mission to saving the universe, Icelynn Thorsdottir has much to learn about. !! my oc !!
200K 7.7K 32
What happens after you die? What happens after you lose the fight, lose your loved ones? What happens to your loved ones? What comes next? Well, t...