Return and Remember

Bởi elizpua

Caroline regrets the way she treated Klaus, and now she is given a second chance to make things right. Set af... Xem Thêm

Remembering
The Return and Princess Dress
The Mikaelson Ball
Questions and Late Night Talks
Family Moments
Remembering II
The Voice and Revelations
The Night and Revelations II
Saving the Originals
Broken Necks
Anger and Love
Confrontations and a Broken Picture
Humanity and Interrupted Kisses
Calm Threats and Broken Ground
Mikaelson's Humanity
Broken Legs and Broken Hearts
Girl Talk and a Reunion
Paintings, Sketches, and Insecurities
Girl Talk II and Kisses in the Night
Journal, Confessions, and a Plan
Kidnapping and the Truth
Family and Hate
Pain
Death and Happiness
Poisoned and Betrayal
Death and Old Love
Devotion and a Victim
Trust and a Protector
Attempted Rescue
Family Moments II, Worry, and Battle
Punishment, Death II, and Reunion II
Mothers and Family Moments III
Losing the Lights
Possessions and the Past
Esther's Favorite and Lonely Torture
Comfort, Sisterhood, and Connections
Feelings, Phone Call, and Destroyed Soul
Fighting Humanity
Returning, Remembering, and Light
Getting Even I
Author's Note: One Last Chapter
Finality and The Future
Author's Note II

Battle and Life Decisions

4.1K 122 13
Bởi elizpua

The wolves began to encircle the two girls, and Caroline began to wish for Nik to be there, but Matt's voice echoed in her ears. Only she and Bonnie could fight in this battle and only they can defeat Esther.

Bonnie closed her eyes, and drawing strength from Caroline and her love she began to chant. Caroline closed her eyes, and began to focus all her strength to Bonnie.

The chanting seemed to work, because the wolves began to howl in pain. Pretty soon they were in so much pain they couldn't stand being in their wolf form and transformed back to their human state.

Now there were five hybrids surrounding them, and Bonnie stopped her chant. She looked at the hybrids with little fear, until one began to charge towards her and Caroline.

Caroline jumped in front of Bonnie, and blocked the attack. She wasn't as strong as the hybrid, but her need to protect her family gave her the strength. She threw the hybrid towards a tree, where it broke the tree in half. He laid there in pain, and Caroline felt another one come up behind her and grasp her tightly. Caroline struggled to break free, and found it extremely difficult to move. She turned her head and watched as Bonnie used her powers to throw the men away from her. Bonnie was holding her own, until she was taken by surprise by her mother.

Abby lifted her daughter in the air, and pushed her against the tree. Caroline screamed as she watched her friend being confined by her mother and then two hybrids surrounding her.

Caroline brought her head back and smashed it against the hybrid's head. There was loud crack, and the hybrid's hold loosened. Caroline took her moment and pushed out of the hybrid's grasp. When the hybrid lost his balance, Caroline ran to her friend only to be caught again by another hybrid.

Esther approached Bonnie and smiled as she turned to Caroline.

"I would have preferred to kill the object of my son's affection first, but you will have to do. After all you are the one who performed the spell that screwed up my plans time and time again."

"If you had been a true mother, we wouldn't have done this." Bonnie stated.

Esther frowned. "I am a true mother. I gave my children eternity, and then I wanted to end their suffering. A mother looks out for her children, and cares for them."

"You're not a true mother." Caroline yelled, still struggling with the hybrid. "A true mother would love her children no matter what."

Esther shrugged. "It doesn't matter now. Tonight my plan is going to be complete. My children will be punished for what they have done, and you will die."

Abby listened to her daughter and Caroline talk about mothers and her heart broke at the words. She realized she was not being a mother. She was being a monster. She was destroying her daughter's life, a life where her daughter was happy and had a family. Vampires or not, her daughter had a family. It was everything she ever wanted for her daughter.

Esther stepped closer to Bonnie and smirked. With a nod to the nearest hybrid, she watched as the hybrid reached around and grabbed Bonnie's head and snapped her neck.

Caroline screamed as her friend's limp body fell to the ground.

Abby watched in horror as her daughter died in front of her. Her pride and joy was now dead. Tears fell down her face, as she took in the sight. Her daughter was dead and she was never coming back.

Caroline wrestled with the hybrid as Esther approached her.

"How dare you kill my friend?" Caroline snapped.

"You'll be joining her soon my dear." Esther replied.

Caroline cried out and glanced again at her limp friend's body.

Esther came forward and raised her hand to gently caress Caroline's cheek. She looked down for the first time and a frown appeared on her face as she noticed the ring on Caroline's finger.

"Where did you get that?" She whispered.

Caroline glanced down at her hand, now gripping the hybrids forearms.

"Nik gave it to me, why do you care?" Caroline cried, tears pouring down her face.

"That was the ring Niklaus' father gave me."

"Mikael" Caroline whispered.

Esther shook her head. "No, Niklaus' father, Garrett," She whispered.

Caroline felt new tears forming in her eyes for the sadness she detected in Esther's voice.

"What happened?" Caroline whispered again.

"Mikael killed him."

"I'm sorry."

Esther shook her head. "I loved Mikael. Garrett was only an accident, but I loved him too."

Caroline tilted her head in questioning.

"Garrett was a werewolf, but we grew up together. He was there for me when Mikael had left on a hunting trip, and everyone thought he had been killed. That was how Niklaus was conceived. I never told Mikael until after Niklaus was turned. I never meant for him to find out, but he did." Esther said with memory.

"That ring was the only thing I had to remember Garrett. I gave it to Niklaus when he found out. I never told him that Garrett gave me the ring. I just told him to give it to the woman who steals his heart. Apparently he found her."

Caroline smiled, sadly. "I do love him, Esther with all my heart, and you do to, if you didn't you wouldn't have given him this ring. Please end this, and get to know your family. Nik needs his mother, and you need him."

Esther fought back the tears, but let them escape anyway. Caroline was right, but that still didn't change anything.

"That's not going to happen, Caroline. There is no way he will forgive me for what I'm about to do."

Caroline struggled in the hybrids arms again, and grunted loudly. "Please don't. Think about this, if you kill me you will have killed the only person who understands and loves Nik for who he is, and it will be just like Mikael killing Garrett."

Esther paused and gazed at Caroline, but still shook her head. "I'm sorry Caroline. It has to be this way."

Before she could nod, Caroline looked down at Bonnie and her eyes widened as Bonnie's eyes snapped open and she gasped for air.

Esther turned around with a stunned look on her face.

"Impossible"

Bonnie stood up quickly and shook her head. "Love conquers all." Bonnie answered, as she sped over to Esther and grabbed her by the throat and slammed her against the tree.

"How" Esther squeaked.

"Kol" Bonnie whispered as she leaned forward and inhaled Esther's scent.

With the hybrids and Abby distracted, Caroline made her move. She broke free of the hybrid and turned around to reach in his chest and pulled out his heart. She moved from hybrid to hybrid and pulled every heart out, with a force that would make Klaus proud, not to mention Damon.

Bonnie leaned towards Esther; the smell of her blood became overwhelming.

Abby approached her daughter softly. "Bonnie" She replied, tearfully.

Bonnie glanced at her mother. "Mom, stay out of this."

"I can't. You have turned into one of them. How could you?"

"Not now, mom. I have something I need to do."

"No you don't need to drink. You can die."

Bonnie turned her head to her mother, and frowned. "I choose this, mom."

"Bonnie" Caroline replied, coming up behind her.

"She has to pay, Care."

Caroline nodded. "I know, but not by you. You are going through a hyper drive of emotions, and bloodlust. I need to do it."

Bonnie glanced at Caroline and knew she was right. She couldn't do it, but the smell was overpowering.

Control, Control she heard in her head.

She imagined Kol's face, and her bloodlust dialed down. She moved away from Esther and Caroline took her place.

"I ask you again. Please reconsider, and get to know your son."

Esther's eyes welled up with tears. "I can't. Kill me."

Caroline raised her hand, but before she could Esther spoke. "Tell him, I love him, and I'm sorry."

Caroline nodded, as she reached into Esther's chest and ripped her heart out quickly.

Bonnie smelled the blood and went straight for Esther's body. Caroline reached for her, and held her tightly.

"Caroline, I need it."

"I know, but not her. She's suffered enough. We'll get you some blood, soon. Come on, let's burn these bodies, and get out of here."

Bonnie nodded, but still smelled the blood emanating from Esther's body.

She bit her lip and continued to help Caroline pile the bodies up and watched as Abby set them on fire.

"I'm sorry, mom, but this was my choice." Bonnie whispered.

Abby wiped her tears and smiled. "You must really love this guy if you were willing to give up your life for him."

Bonnie nodded. "I love him with all my heart."

Abby nodded. "Then, take my life."

Bonnie gaped at her mother, as did Caroline. "What are talking about?"

"You need blood to survive, and I want to help you live. Think of it as my gift to you."

Bonnie shook her head frantically and stepped back. "No, I won't. They have blood banks back at the house; I won't take your life."

Abby approached her daughter with a mix of happiness and sadness in her eyes.

She pulled out a knife and gave her daughter a smile before slitting her wrist.

"Take it, Bonnie."

Bonnie again shook her head frantically. "I can't. I'll kill you."

Abby held up her hand and smiled. "It'll be worth it for you to live. Take it."

Bonnie tried to resist the urge to clamp her mouth around her mother's wrist. Caroline watched her friend's battle and felt sympathy. She knew how hard Bonnie was fighting the urge, and then she realized that Bonnie was stronger than she was.

Bonnie was fighting for her humanity.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

9.5K 267 21
After walking in on Elena and Damon, Bonnie Bennett has made the choice to live for herself, to not dwell on the past, and to ignore those feelings t...
95.7K 2.9K 17
h "Oh my, brother. Caroline Forbes will be the death of you. And you know it." ~ ~ After Caroline's mother passes away, she turns off her humanity...
407K 8.7K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...
158K 3.6K 79
[𝖮𝖭 𝖦𝖮𝖨𝖭𝖦] ❝ 𝖺𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋? ❞ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝖥𝗈𝗋𝖻𝖾𝗌 𝗉𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖺 𝗉𝗋𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝗂...