Return and Remember

By elizpua

Caroline regrets the way she treated Klaus, and now she is given a second chance to make things right. Set af... More

Remembering
The Return and Princess Dress
The Mikaelson Ball
Questions and Late Night Talks
Family Moments
Remembering II
The Voice and Revelations
The Night and Revelations II
Saving the Originals
Broken Necks
Anger and Love
Confrontations and a Broken Picture
Humanity and Interrupted Kisses
Calm Threats and Broken Ground
Mikaelson's Humanity
Broken Legs and Broken Hearts
Girl Talk and a Reunion
Paintings, Sketches, and Insecurities
Girl Talk II and Kisses in the Night
Journal, Confessions, and a Plan
Kidnapping and the Truth
Family and Hate
Pain
Death and Happiness
Poisoned and Betrayal
Death and Old Love
Trust and a Protector
Attempted Rescue
Family Moments II, Worry, and Battle
Battle and Life Decisions
Punishment, Death II, and Reunion II
Mothers and Family Moments III
Losing the Lights
Possessions and the Past
Esther's Favorite and Lonely Torture
Comfort, Sisterhood, and Connections
Feelings, Phone Call, and Destroyed Soul
Fighting Humanity
Returning, Remembering, and Light
Getting Even I
Author's Note: One Last Chapter
Finality and The Future
Author's Note II

Devotion and a Victim

6.4K 152 71
By elizpua

"Absolutely not, I forbid it!" Klaus raged.

Caroline stood in front of him with her hands on her hips defiantly. "Klaus, as I have told you time and again, you are not the boss of me. I am going to do this with or without your support."

Klaus glared at her and huffed. "You are going to be my wife, and I don't want you to be put in any danger."

Caroline softened.

Matt had been gone for a week, and Bonnie had been slowly gaining her strength. She missed Matt terribly, but he had made his decision. The rest of the gang had heard of their engagement, and they were very excited, but it was still too soon after Matt's death. Stefan had been coming by almost every day to talk to Rebekah. He had been invited in the house, but he decided to take one step at a time, because he, too, thought she needed time to get over Matt.

Lily had informed them, before she left, that there was a great battle ahead, but one only Bonnie and Caroline had to fight. The family did not like that idea, especially Klaus. He had thrown a complete fit at the news that his precious Caroline had to fight his battle, and Kol had completely agreed with his brother. Now Klaus and Caroline were in their bedroom 'discussing' their predicament.

"I know you worry about me, Nik, but sometimes you over react." Caroline replied, stepping towards him, placing her hands on his chest.

"With reason, Caroline, I can't stand the thought of losing you, and I don't like the idea of you facing my mother and Abby in battle."

"Klaus, I will be just fine. Bonnie is getting stronger every day. I promise this will work out. I did not cross time and space to find you and then lose you again." Caroline stroked his faced softly.

Klaus sighed, and closed his eyes. "Caroline, I..."

"Don't, Nik" Caroline whispered, placing a finger on his lips. "I love you, Niklaus, and I promise you that nothing is going to ruin my plans of becoming your wife. Do you hear me?" She stated, sternly.

Klaus smiled. "You are always stubborn." He said taking her hand into his.

Klaus bowed his head, and looked at the ring he had placed on her finger, a perfect fit.

Caroline followed his eyes, and smiled at the ring, her ring. This ring symbolized her commitment to the one man she loved. It symbolized that she belonged to him. The man who was once characterized as a big bad hybrid, now the man who would die to protect her.

"Klaus," She began with a whisper. "Do you remember what I promised you when I accepted your proposal?"

Klaus looked up into her eyes, and nodded. "You said you would fight and die to protect me." He whispered.

Caroline nodded. "Well, Niklaus Mikaelson that is exactly what I intend to do."

Klaus smiled, as he lifted his free hand and stroked her face. "I just want you to promise me something." He replied as he gazed into her eyes.

Caroline smiled. "Anything, Nik" She whispered.

Klaus gazed deeper. "Promise me that you will be careful."

Caroline's smile deepened. She wrapped her arms around his neck and began to laugh. "I promise." She replied, with tears pouring down her face.

Klaus wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"Klaus, sweetheart, your Caroline can't breathe." Caroline wheezed.

Klaus eased up, and backed away, as he looked her over. "I'm sorry, love. How can I acquit myself?"

Caroline smiled. "Well," She began as she took his hand and led him to the bed. "You can start by holding me in your arms all night long."

Klaus smiled, as he sat down beside her and pulled her into his arms. "That I can do, love."

They laid back and held onto each other as they drifted off to sleep. All Caroline could think was the battle ahead. She had to think of something which would protect her fiancé, and her family.

Beauty was going to have to pick up a sword and defend the beast.

~Kol's Bedroom~

"Kol, calm down" Bonnie pleaded, as Kol hit another piece of furniture with a baseball bat.

Kol glared at her.

"Don't start with me, Bonnie Bennett." Kol threatened, pointing the bat in her face.

Bonnie glared at him. "Don't you point that thing at me, Kol Mikaelson" Bonnie stated, glaring at him.

Kol dropped the bat, and sighed as he walked over to her. "I'm sorry, Bonnie."

Bonnie gazed at him, and gave a sad smile. "I know that look, Kol."

Kol looked at her worriedly. "What look?"

"The look that says, you are worried." Bonnie answered, placing her hand on his face.

"How can I not be worried, Bonnie? Lily told us that you and Caroline are the key to protecting this family, and that you and Caroline are the only ones who can defeat mother and Abby."

Bonnie smiled.

"How can you smile at this, Bonnie? Your life hangs in the balance. You were poisoned, and I nearly lost you. This is not a laughing matter. I could seriously lose you." Kol replied emotionally.

Bonnie's smile faded at his words, and she gazed seriously at him. "I want you to understand something, Kol. I love you, and I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to make sure you don't lose me. I meant what I said before; I want to spend eternity with you."

Kol was taken aback. "You really mean it." He whispered, searching her eyes for the truth.

Bonnie nodded. "I can start tonight if you're okay with that." She stated.

Kol rocked back on the bed, and grabbed her hands. "My Bonnie lass, you know I want nothing more than to spend an eternity with you, but I'm sure if we can start now. The poison could still be in your system, and I don't want to endanger you."

Bonnie squeezed his hands. "Kol, I've been stuck in this bed for a week, and Lily told me that the poison is gone from my system. The only thing wrong is my strength."

Kol sighed, and closed his eyes. "Are you sure? I don't want to hurt you, Bonnie."

Bonnie smiled, and touched his face. "You won't hurt me, Kol."

Kol nodded, and raised his wrist to his mouth. He bit down and felt the blood enter his mouth. He removed his wrist and held it out to Bonnie.

Bonnie gripped his arm, and pulled it to her mouth. For the first time, she willing drank blood. Not because she needed it, but because she chose to. If she was going to live with Kol forever, she had to. She knew in her heart that this was the only way.

She might not survive this battle, but she knew that she would live forever, with the man she loved more than life itself. A man she would willing die for, and for that she was drinking a little at a time.

Kol pulled his arm back and smiled at Bonnie, who had extra blood coming down her chin. He leaned forward and kissed the blood away, and she sighed into his mouth as he kissed her deeply and passionately. He pulled back, not sure if now was the time to do this.

"We should wait a little longer, my Bonnie lass." Kol whispered, trying to control his breathing.

Bonnie nodded. "Will you hold me though?"

Kol smiled. "Always, my Bonnie lass, always" He whispered as he gave her chaste kiss before wrapping his arms around her waist and settling down beside her.

~Elijah's Room~

Elena paced back and forth.

"I can't let them do it, Elijah." She remarked, franticly.

"You can't change their minds, Elena, and you heard what Lily said. They have to do this alone. There is no choice in the matter." Elijah replied, leaning against the wall, watching her.

"They are my best friends, Elijah. They can't sacrifice themselves for me or for anyone else."

Elijah moved from the wall. "What makes you think they are doing this for you?"

Elena stopped pacing and looked at him. "Everything everyone does is for me. I know it is."

Elijah shook his head. "Not everything, Elena. This is not for you. They are doing it for this family. You are not always at the center of every catastrophe."

"Well why not? I was at the center of Klaus' sacrifice, Damon and Stefan's estrangement, trying to destroy this family. I'm always at the center of everything, Elijah." She ranted.

Elijah grabbed her by the arms. "Well, you are not at the center of this, Elena. Why can't you accept that? Everything doesn't revolve around you. This about saving this family, yes you are a part of this family, but you are not the reason they are fighting to save it. Caroline is doing for Klaus, and Bonnie is doing it for Kol."

Elena sighed and looked down at the ground. "I'm sorry. It's just with everything that has happened in my life, I just automatically assume I'm the cause."

Elijah stepped back and walked over to his bed and sat down.

"Perhaps you should go back to your room, Elena." He replied.

Elena took a step forward and began to speak. "Stefan is sleeping in that room. I told him he could sleep there. He didn't want to leave Rebekah, and she didn't want him to be too far."

Elijah looked at her. "Would you like me to find you another room?" He offered.

Elena shifted on her feet. She was actually nervous; she took a deep breath before answering him.

"Would you mind if I stay here?" She whispered, but she knew he could hear her.

Elijah took a deep breath. "Why would you want to?" He asked.

Elena stepped forward. "I love you, Elijah." She replied.

Elijah stood up and in a second he was in front of her. "Are you toying with me?" He asked, afraid to hope.

Elena shook her head. "I would not do that to you."

Elijah touched her face and sighed. "You better not, because I love you too."

Elena smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled his head down.

Their lips met in a fiery passion, and Elijah pulled her closer, but not too tight. Their tongues met and both fought for dominance as the kiss deepened. Finally, Elena pulled back and grabbed Elijah's hand.

She led him to the bed, and smiled shyly as she leaned into him.

"Let go of your control, Elijah." Elena replied, touching his shirt gingerly. He had long since gotten rid of his jacket and tie. Now he stood in front of Elena with his button down shirt and she began to unbutton his shirt.

Elena felt him hitch his breath as she continued to unbutton his shirt.

"Elena," Elijah began as she finally finished and pushed his shirt off his shoulders and onto the floor.

Elena's stare was the end of Elijah. He grabbed her head and planted his lips on hers, and began to delve deeper until she moaned. Elijah smiled into her mouth as he pushed her onto the bed and began to unclothe her.

In no time, Elena and Elijah were together as one. As Elena lay in Elijah's arms, she began to think about what she had gone through to get to this wonderful feeling of being in his arms. As she drifted off to sleep, Elena thought there would never be another like Elijah Mikaelson.

~In the Woods~

"What do you think you are doing?" Abby screamed at Esther.

Esther sneered. "I'm creating the bait."

"This will never work. My daughter can't stand him. She will never come."

Esther turned to Abby, holding a wooden stake. "She will come, and so will that blonde, what do you call her?" Esther asked turning to her captive.

"Oh, yes, blonde Barbie" Esther replied with sarcasm.

Abby took a step back as Esther approached her captive and began to drive the stake into his stomach.

"How do you know she will come to save him? He is not of the family." Abby asked.

Esther shook her head. "He is part of the family. His brother is with my daughter, and my son's friend. She will come, and when she does we will be ready." Esther replied, driving another stake in his side.

Damon screamed in pain as he looked at Esther.

"You better pray, they will come, because if they don't you will die." Esther whispered.

Damon groaned. "What difference does it make? You'll kill me anyway, right." He replied with a groan.

Esther smiled. "I suppose. As soon as I get rid of that witch and Barbie, I can get to the family. Once the family is dead, you will follow soon afterward."

Damon closed his eyes, and wished Caroline would stay away. He couldn't bear the thought of her getting hurt because of him.

She can't come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 283 21
After walking in on Elena and Damon, Bonnie Bennett has made the choice to live for herself, to not dwell on the past, and to ignore those feelings t...
147K 3.4K 35
{COMPLETE} After Klaus finds out Hope isn't his child and Caroline and Tyler break up they meet again. But will it be the same? When they find out a...
413K 8.8K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...
163K 3.6K 79
[𝖮𝖭 𝖦𝖮𝖨𝖭𝖦] ❝ 𝖺𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋? ❞ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝖥𝗈𝗋𝖻𝖾𝗌 𝗉𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖺 𝗉𝗋𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝗂...