Beauty and the Beast

By nekoamamori

Loki is trapped in Jotun form under a curse. Can blind Morgan Stark somehow be the key to helping him break i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 20

9.6K 362 30
By nekoamamori

Loki caught Morgan when she crumpled and hugged her to him, looking down at her worriedly. He knew that seeing the future was a huge magic for a new mage. It would be worse had she actually attempted to see the future than when it came unbidden, but that still didn't make it easy on her. He swept her hair back from her face. "Ana, darling, wake up. Please," he begged, shaking her gently to try to wake her.

She groaned and sat up slowly on her own. She looked confused and adorable about it. "Li? What's-?" she asked, dazed, exhausted, and confused.

"You had another vision, my darling," Loki told her gently and solemnly.

"Oh..." she said softly and took a moment to comprehend that information. She really was dazed and Loki just wanted to let her sleep, but they needed to deal with this vision before the rest of the magic faded. While it was still clear in her mind, even if she didn't remember it. "Your mother did say that might happen," she didn't sound concerned at least. "Apparently blind mages tend to be strong with visions..." she trailed off, distracted by her exhaustion again.

Loki nodded and stroked her hair. "I have heard that,"

She nodded and laid her head on Loki's shoulder. Loki's arms wrapped back around her, though he knew he couldn't let her fall back to sleep. He could let her rest for a moment. "Did I tell you what I saw? Was it important? I don't remember..." she admitted after a moment. It was common not to remember, especially among new mages. Which Morgan was one.

Loki nodded, remembered she couldn't see and said "Yes, darling. You told me," he paused. "You were kidnapped, Happy was injured, and you died," he explained softly and succinctly he tells her softly

She looked up at him, shock and horror clearing her mind some. "But... no! Can't we... change it?" she demanded. He was the magic expert. He should know how to fix this.

He had to know how to fix this.

"We will. I will not lose you," he said firmly, holding her tighter. He refused to let her be lost to him.

She nodded, slumping back into her drained exhaustion. "I don't want to lose you either. Hopefully there were enough clue to figure out how to stop it," she said as she curled in the safety of his arms.

He needed to keep her awake a little longer and he made her sit up again. They had to figure this out while the vision was fresh.

His eyes went wide. "Me. I can change it," he said softly, distracted as he recounted the images you'd described to him.

"What do you mean?" she asked softly, not understanding since she didn't remember.

"Somebody in the vision mentioned something. I think they were talking about me. If I'm with you in the vision, I might be able to save you," Loki mused.

She nodded. "That makes sense. But there had to have been a reason it was Happy with me and not you," she reminded him. He was overprotective at the best of times. He'd be worse knowing that she could potentially die.

"Whatever it is, we can figure it out. Another thing that might help keep you alive is your eyes. You tried to find a way out of where they were keeping you but you couldn't see it." If she'd just been able to see, she would've found the exit of the room and been able to escape. Loki wanted more than anything to give her her sight back. She deserved to be able to see.

"My eyes were destroyed, Loki. There's no fixing them. Even your mother said as much," she reminded him gently. There was no remorse or self-pity in her voice. It was a simple acceptance of the way things were.

"We need to find a temporary spell. The only other way to save your life besides me being there was for you to be able to find the exit to the room where they were keeping you," he explained.

She nodded, though he wasn't sure she really understood, or believed there was a way to temporarily give her sight. Loki wanted to be there to keep her safe and didn't know what in the nine realms could possibly stop him from that goal.

"Maybe your mother knows something. Or how to get more detail from the vision..." she suggested.

Loki pulled her close and kissed her forehead. "Excellent idea, darling. We should go speak with her, especially while the vision is still clear,"

She nodded and sighed and Loki's heart broke for making the poor thing get up and be awake, but they needed to deal with this vision while it was still clear. "I guess that means we need to get up," she said tiredly.

Loki kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry, darling, but it's the best option. We will go see Mother, then you can sleep as long as you need," he reassured her gently. She nodded her agreement and they climbed out of bed to head to Frigga's room. Loki half-supported Morgan as they walked, his arm around her shoulders to offer her support. Her eyes were closed and she let him steer her.

Loki knocked on Frigga's door when they arrived. One of her handmaids answered a moment later, a robe over her nightdress. "Your highness? It's three in the morning," she said disapprovingly. She couldn't deny the prince outright, but this wasn't an appropriate hour to meet with the queen. Though she would make allowances for her son.

"My apologies for disturbing you both this late. This is an urgent matter. May I speak with my Mother?"

The handmaid couldn't deny him and let the pair in, directing them to Frigga's sitting room while she went to wake her mistress. Frigga arrived a couple minutes later, tying her robe over her nightdress. "What is it, darling?" she asked, getting straight to business since Loki wouldn't come at this hour unless it was urgent.

"We need your help, Mother. Ana had another vision. We need to know if there is a way we can avoid what it told us," Loki explained to her quickly. His nerves were evident in his words and tone. Frigga could hear them easily.

She nodded and got straight to business, questioning them quickly on what they knew of the vision. Morgan didn't remember the vision of course, so Loki told Frigga the images Morgan had described. Frigga nodded when he was done and sat next to Morgan on the couch, placing her fingers on Morgan's temples. "Let's see if we can't get the rest of the vision," Frigga said gently and Morgan is swept into a trance, her eyes glowing gold again while Loki watched on nervously. "Why was Loki not with you that day?" Frigga asked in her healer's croon, coaxing answers from the entranced girl.

"The AC in the tower was broken. Loki was hiding from the heat in the freezer," Morgan replied in a monotone, trapped in the visions and the trance. Loki growled, annoyed with his weakness to the heat.

"What were you wearing?" Frigga asked and Morgan described a business suit. "Were you still wearing the same clothes when you died?"

"Yes"

"Why couldn't Loki find you?" Loki was making a note to ask his mother how she was doing this for the future when Morgan had visions. She knew a lot more than she'd been able to describe. He would have to learn how to question her in more detail if these visions were going to continue.

"My voice was too small. He couldn't hear," Morgan tapped her head to make it clear to all of them that she meant telepathically. Frigga asked her a few more questions before she ended the trance and Morgan sagged, completely drained.

Loki hugged Morgan to him, cuddling her in his arms. "What do you think, Mother?"

"I have some ideas," Frigga replied, pondering which to suggest. She didn't seem very concerned, though. "There are multiple places to interfere with the vision to change the outcome," she told Loki.

Loki sighed in relief. "What do you suggest?" he asked, stroking Morgan's hair as she cuddled herself in his arms.

"I believe the biggest problem was that you and your friends could not find her once she was taken as you had no tracking method," Frigga mused. If Loki couldn't be there, the next best thing would be to find her when she was taken.

Loki nodded. "That's how it appears. Then we'll need a tracking spell or something..." there were tons to choose from and they all had their positives and negatives.

Frigga nodded. "I have something for that," she said and left briefly, returning to her bedroom. She came back with an antique-looking locket and a slim dagger.

Loki's brows furrow. "What is that for?" he asked warily, wondering what she was up to. Not that he didn't trust his mother with a dagger, but that didn't mean he wasn't concerned.

She smirked. "This is for your lady," she indicated the locked. Holding up the dagger she added. "This is for your hair. It has gotten much too long, darling," she teased the last, though she did intend on stealing a lock of his hair for her little project.

Loki looked at the dagger incredulously. "Mother..." he couldn't keep the whine from his voice. He didn't want to cut his hair.

She laughed. "Teasing, darling. Though I do need a lock of your hair,"

/I like your hair long/ Morgan told him sleepily, her telepathic voice a soft purr. Loki was amazed she was still even that much awake.

/So do I, little one/ he told her and kissed her forehead.

"Go ahead, Mother," he sighed. He was vain about his hair.

Frigga nodded and cut a lock where it wouldn't be noticed. She put it in the locket before casting a couple quick, but powerful spells on the locket. "Your father actually gave me this locket when he was courting me, for much the same purpose," Frigga told Loki as she worked. He watched the spells and her quick spellwork with interest.

His brows furrowed. That wasn't something he could see Odin doing. "Really?" he asked Frigga, shocked.

She nodded. "Why so surprised, darling?"

"I guess I'm just confused as to why he needed to place a tracker on you,"

Frigga nodded her understanding. "He was concerned when I went to the villages to heal the people without him as escort. It reassured him that he would be able to find me if something went wrong," she explained gently. If there was anything in the nine realms that Odin actually cared for, it was his wife.

Loki inclined his head, accepting the explanation. "Now that makes sense,"

Frigga handed over the locket to Loki since Morgan was nearly incoherent with power drain. "It is spelled so only the wearer can remove it. And I am quite sure I taught you how to track the lock of your hair in it no matter where it is. So long as you are both on the same realm of course,"

Loki sighed in relief. "Thank you, Mother,"

"Of course, darling," she gave him a stern look. "Though I trust that I do not need to warn you not to abuse the tracking spell," he would lose Morgan if he tracked her constantly, if he didn't let her live her life.

He gave her a pointed look. "I'm not stupid, mother. I will not use it unless it's necessary,"

"I know, darling, but I'm your mother. I had to give the reminder," she told him warmly, unconcerned over the pointed look. She looked at the mostly asleep Morgan and sighed. "I know you wish for me to magically give her sight back to her, but it's just not possible, darling," she knew he was just being polite not asking.

Loki sighed as well. "I know. I wish there was some sort of temporary spell." Frigga looked suddenly sheepish at that comment, like she knew something she wasn't sharing. Loki looked up hopefully. "Mother?" he pressed. She could never deny him knowledge or answers and he hoped that held true with whatever she knew that she didn't want to tell him.

She hesitated before the said: "There is a spell... but it is not one to be taken lightly,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 1.8K 42
Tony Stark. The merchant of death. Loki Laufeyson. The monster parents tell their children about at night. When their soulmate marks get in the way o...
505K 17.1K 50
You're living with the Avengers, but have no powers of her own. Loki, a former villain, joins the superhero team, claiming that he has reformed, but...
16K 665 17
Amelia suffers from terrible nightmares about Loki that lead her to meeting the god of mischief himself. Why has he been visiting her in her dreams...
2.1K 147 10
CN/TW: Imprisonment, Violence, Torture. Feel free to message me for details! Three days. It had been three goddamned days since he had woken up in t...