Bloodline

By gabriellawrites_

"I don't think I would have done it. I mean, I was prepared, but I don't think I could have gone against you... More

CAST
PLAYLIST
SEASON ONE
ONE|twisted
THREE|dark paradise
FOUR|blow out your candles
FIVE|babies in the bayou
SIX|midnight swim
SEVEN|banshee rescue mission
EIGHT|betrayal
NINE|forgiveness
TEN|the harvest
ELEVEN|house fires
TWELVE|the missing originals
thank you
THIRTEEN|family feud
FOURTEEN|moonlight dances
FIFTEEN|ignorance is bliss
SIXTEEN|balcony kisses
SEVENTEEN|sacrifice
SEASON TWO
EIGHTEEN|facing the music
NINETEEN|reunions
TWENTY|bonding over murder
TWENTY ONE|offer
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 π—π—π—ˆ|π—π—‹π–Ίπ—‚π—π—ˆπ—‹
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾|π—†π—‚π—Œπ—Œπ–Ύπ–½ π–Όπ–Ίπ—…π—…π—Œ
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 π–Ώπ—ˆπ—Žπ—‹|π—…π—ˆπ–Όπ–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾|𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝖺𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗇 π–»π–Ίπ—‡π—Œπ—π–Ύπ–Ύ
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 π—Œπ—‚π—‘|π—…π—ˆπ—π–Ύπ—‹
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 π—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—‡|π–»π—ˆπ—‡π–Ώπ—‚π—‹π–Ύ
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍|π–Ώπ—‚π—‹π—Œπ— π—π—‚π—†π–Ύπ—Œ
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾|π–½π—‹π–Ύπ—Œπ—Œ π—Œπ—π—ˆπ—‰π—‰π—‚π—‡π—€
𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒|𝗏𝖺𝗆𝗉𝗂𝗋𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝖽𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 π—‰π—…π–Ίπ—‡π—‡π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ
𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 π—ˆπ—‡π–Ύ|𝗐𝖾𝖽𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 π–»π–Ύπ—…π—…π—Œ
𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 π—π—π—ˆ|π—π—π–Ίπ—‡π—„π—Œπ—€π—‚π—π—‚π—‡π—€
𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾|π—π—‹π—Žπ—Œπ—
𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 π–Ώπ—ˆπ—Žπ—‹|𝗍𝗁𝖾 π—π–Ύπ—Œπ—
thirty five|the test part 2
thirty six|birthday surprises
thirty seven|a wolfs death
thirty eight|youth
thirty nine|doubt
SEASON THREE
forty|aftermath
forty one|reunited
forty two|the beach
forty three|witch massacre
forty four|vampire club
forty five|secret dinners
forty six|holiday news
forty seven|breakups
forty eight|wine nights
forty nine|birthday pancakes
fifty|talks and revelations
please read!
fifty one|ice cream
fifty two|secret plans
fifty three|a painted house
fifty four|our happy ending
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Thank You!
A Mikaelson Halloween

TWO|the killer flower

20.7K 445 151
By gabriellawrites_

The Originals

S1:E2

☄. *. ⋆

Twenty four hours. Veronica had been forced to stay in the house for twenty four hours.

Despite the endless amount of books to read and places to explore, the girl found herself growing bored easily. However, one thing that kept her brain occupied was Elijah's disappearance. A couple hours after she got settled in, Veronica asked Klaus where he had gone. The hybrid simply said that Elijah had taken a holiday, but she knew he was lying.

Veronica knew he would come back soon, so she didn't worry too much. Out of everyone she knew, Elijah was one of the most trustworthy people she's met. If he swore he'd be there for her, he meant it.

Although, she did begin to worry once she heard a car park outside. Veronica was aware that Klaus was currently downstairs doing who knows what and she didn't know if anyone else would be stopping by.

If it were someone planning to harm her, the plan of "attack" was to use a fire iron which she quickly picked up from the floor beside the fireplace. As she made her way down the stairs, Veronica sighed in relief once she saw a blonde.

"Your hair," Rebekah blurted, her eyes drawn to Veronica's head.

"It's nice to see you too, Bekah," Veronica sighed, walking down the stairs and dropping the stick.

"I'm sorry... It's just..."

"Pink? Yeah, I had a little midlife crisis a couple weeks ago and dyed it with some college friends."

Rebekah snorted, then as if suddenly remembering why she was there, her expression sobered. She crossed her arms over her chest, sending the girl her best glare.

"I would hug you but quite frankly I'm a little angry with you. You slept with my brother; Klaus out of all of them!"

Veronica groaned, "It was just a one time thing, but look where that got me."

Rebekah shook her head and smiled, bringing in Veronica for a hug. Pulling away, Rebekah placed a hand on Veronica's stomach, to which she rolled her eyes.

"Would you look at that; my first ever niece."

"Niece? We don't even know the sex."

"It's a girl. I will not accept a mini Klaus running around."

"You and I both."

Winking, the blonde took her hand off of her stomach and looked around the house, "Anyways, where's Elijah? He hasn't been returning my calls."

"Beats me. Yesterday he was making me some epic promises and he just disappeared."

"You and I both know Elijah doesn't break his promises. Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like," Rebekah replied, walking towards the living room. "Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

Klaus, who reappeared through a pair of doors, said, "Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?"

"They were very rude. Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends." Rebekah spoke, causing Veronica to let out a small laugh.

"I do have friends. I have Marcel. You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the 'King of the Quarter' now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you."

"I don't care about Marcel or his rules. Elijah doesn't welch on deals. What did you do to him?"

"Perhaps he's on holiday, or taking a long autumn nap upstairs. Well, go on. Take a look around. You remember this house as well as I."

"I remember everything," Rebekah responded coldly.

"Well, he wasn't good enough for you." Klaus shrugged, knowing what his sister was referring to.

"No one was ever good enough for me, Nik, you made sure of that. Now where is Elijah?"

As the hybrid was about to make up another excuse, his phone started beeping. Without saying anything, Klaus headed out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Veronica asked, watching as he walked past her.

"It appears the night is not quite over, yet. I'm off for another drink with Marcel."

"Elijah told me about your plan to take apart Marcel's empire piece by piece. I don't remember it involving you two drinking New Orleans dry together," Rebekah said, narrowing her eyes.

"I know you don't have many friends, Rebekah, but what some friends do when they get together is they drink. And when they drink, they tell secrets. Marcel has somehow found a way to control the entirety of witches in the Quarter, and I aim to uncover the 'how' so I might take it for myself. Finding Elijah didn't make my to-do list today."

"I do have friends. I have Veronica!" The blonde shouted as the hybrid walked out of the door.

Once Klaus was gone, Rebekah turned to the brunette.

"I'm going to search this house inch by inch until I find what my evil brother has done to my good one. You're helping."

"I suppose I don't have a choice," Veronica said, following behind Rebekah as they walked down a staircase.

"The governor had lots of secret rooms. I'll show you his favorite."

Once Veronica could see the room, she immediately spotted a row of coffins. Shaking off how creepy the sight was, she turned her attention towards Rebekah.

"You think Klaus daggered him?"

Rebekah hummed in agreement, walking in front of the coffins, "This one's mine."

"He keeps your coffin on standby?"

"He likes to be prepared for when his family members inevitably disappoint him. Elijah's isn't here – he must've stashed him elsewhere."

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Veronica mumbled.

"Welcome to the family, Roni. You know you should've run the second you realized Elijah was gone."

"Yeah, well, the witches have put some sort of hex on me. As long as I'm carrying this baby, I can't leave New Orleans. If I do, they'll kill me," Veronica explained.

"Well, knowing Klaus, he's planning a box for you the second you give birth to whatever's cooking in your tum. I love you, but I'm leaving as soon as I find Elijah. Being daggered in a box for decades sucks, trust me. You'd best find a way to break that hex and run," Rebekah said, starting to walk up the stairs.

Veronica stood rooted in her spot, considering what Rebekah said. She knew Klaus cared little about the child, and the witches weren't letting her go anywhere anytime soon.

"You coming?" The blonde asked once she noticed Veronica wasn't behind her.

Clearing her throat, Veronica sent Rebekah a tightlipped smile, "Yeah."

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica stared at the shop, Rebekah's words from yesterday running through her head.

While Klaus and Rebekah were gone, Veronica snuck out of the house and headed into the French Quarter. When she and Sophie were still friends, they would sometimes visit one of the witch's shops. From all of the times they've gone, Veronica knew what she was looking for was available in the store.

Before she could second guess herself, Veronica walked up to the door. As she was opening it, the witch walked out.

"We're closed, sorry." The witch, Katie, said.

"I just need one teeny, tiny little herb. Please?"

"Which herb?" She sighed.

"Crushed aconite flower."

"Wolfsbane? That's a poison. You're gonna kill a wolf?"

Veronica chewed on the inside of her lip, "Something like that."

"Give me a minute," Katie said, going inside the shop then coming back out with a vial in her hands, "Cut it with jimson weed. A few drops in some hot tea – that should do it."

Sending her a small, grateful smile, Veronica handed her some cash before stuffing the vial in her coat pocket. Making her way towards the closest cafe, she refused to let her mind wander towards the 'what ifs'.

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica sat on a bench chair, mixing the herb and tea.

"Come on, Veronica. One bad stomachache and this whole stupid thing is over. Your life can go back to normal."

Just as the girl was about to take a sip, she heard a branch snap. Quickly standing up and turning around, she took notice of a vampire standing in front of her.

"Dumb move, coming into the Quarter. You're coming with me, wolf."

"I'm not a wolf but I've had it up to here having blood suckers tell me what to do," Veronica snapped, throwing the tea into the vampire's eyes.

Once Veronica turned around in the opposite direction, she was confronted by two more vampires. Before she could react, they suddenly dropped lifelessly to the ground, revealing a blonde standing behind them with a heart in hand.

"Now, that is no way to treat a pregnant lady. I do hate bad manners."

"Rebekah," Veronica breathed, her heart rate steadying.

"Come, let's get you home." Rebekah softly said, taking ahold of Veronica's hand and speeding them out of the French Quarter.

Minutes after their return, the two were being lectured by Klaus. Who, in Veronica's opinion, was the last person who should be lecturing anyone on their actions.

"This is why I told you never to leave the house. Werewolves are banned in the Quarter. And despite you not being one, I had a plan, and your little nighttime stroll put it all in peril!" The hybrid yelled.

"If I hadn't overheard this lot bragging about werewolf heads, everyone here would be screwed. And don't give me that crap about having a plan. You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a damn thing! Elijah made a deal to protect your child, so that it could save you from your selfish, rotten self. But you obviously don't give a damn about the child or Elijah, because what have you done to honor it?" Rebekah argued back.

"I have done everything. Let me spell it out for you, shall I? From the day I arrived, Marcel hasn't trusted me. From Day One, he's had his vampires ingest toxic vervain which, as you know, little sister, protects them from my mind control," Klaus said, then picked up one of the vampires and dragged him inside. "And this one – I'm gonna drain him of vervain, compel him to believe his mates found religion and moved to Utah, so that he can explain to Marcel why he lost three more vampires tonight."

Once all three were inside, Klaus turned to Veronica and Rebekah.

"Does anyone have any more questions? No? Good, because I have a question. Veronica, what were you doing in the bloody French Quarter in the first place? Answer me!"

"Leave her be," Rebekah narrowed her eyes, feeling protective over her friend.

"You wanna know what I was doing," Veronica arched an eyebrow, "I was buying poison, so I could put your little baby out of its misery and get us all out of this mess."

Klaus was silent for a few seconds, simply staring at Veronica. Then, in the blink of an eye, he sped forward and grabbed her by the throat, slamming her back against the wall.

Veronica met his eyes, the anger and hatred in them catching her off guard. Wasn't he the one telling Sophie to kill not only her, but the baby as well?

"Nik!"

Rushing forward, Rebekah grabbed onto her brother's shoulders and pushed him off, allowing Veronica to gasp for air.

"Keep your hands off her! She is pregnant, for God's sake! All of this bluster about not wanting the child, and then the second she tells you she's ready to get rid of it? It's okay to care. It's okay to want something. That's all Elijah was trying to do, all he's ever wanted for you. All we've ever wanted."

When Klaus didn't reply, Rebekah moved over to Veronica, placing a comforting hand on her back.

Of course, she didn't want Veronica to get rid of the baby; that was her future niece or nephew after all. But, Rebekah knew that it was Veronica's decision. She didn't want her friend to be miserable carrying and taking care of a child she never wanted in the first place.

"I gave Elijah to Marcel," Klaus whispered after a beat, sitting on the staircase.

"What?"

"Marcel was nervous. It's bad enough one Original returned to town, but two? His crew was getting antsy. He wanted Elijah gone, so... I gave him a peace offering."

"You bartered the good brother," Veronica scoffed, her breathing going back to normal as she glared at Klaus.

"I have a plan. Gain Marcel's trust, dismantle his empire, honor Elijah's wish that that baby be born. I am executing that plan the only way I know how. If you don't like it, there's the door. See if I care," Klaus said, then left the room.

☄. *. ⋆

Later in the evening, Veronica decided to check on Rebekah, seeing as she had been outside since Klaus left.

"Hey," Veronica sent Rebekah a small smile, "Thanks for having my back earlier."

"Us girls have got to stick together. Especially if my closest friend is getting choked by my brother."

Veronica paused before saying, "I have a gift for you."

The girl pulled out two silver daggers covered in a silk sheet and handed them over to Rebekah.

"If a couple of antique steak knives kept you from bringing Elijah back, then here you go," Veronica said, handing the blonde the daggers.

When Rebekah only stared at them, Veronica took it as her cue to leave. Standing up, she wandered back into the house and up to her room, more than ready to end the day.

As she prepared for bed, the dreadful feeling appeared once again. Shaking it off as nausea, Veronica slipped into the soft sheets and hoped tomorrow would be a better day.

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica felt the light from the sun shining on her eyes, but refused to wake up. Seconds prior, she had heard Klaus sneak in and was hoping he would leave momentarily.

But, when she heard shuffling in her bag, Veronica mentally groaned before opening her eyes. Spotting him staring down at a vial, she pushed the guilty feeling away.

"I didn't use it."

Klaus cleared his throat, acting as if he wasn't caught red handed, "You're awake."

"I'm a light sleeper and this place is like a freaking swamp sauna."

Klaus' lips curved up as he walked over to the window, sitting on the ledge as Veronica shuffled up into an upright position.

"What stopped you? You could've been free of all this... of me."

"Those vampires are what stopped me," Veronica said, then rolled her eyes when Klaus gave her a look. "I'm joking, okay? I guess I just always wanted to be a mother. Despite the fact that I'm going to have to drop out of college to raise this baby with, no offense, you of all people, I just thought maybe I'll never get another chance like this. It's not every day you can have a baby."

He hummed, his eyes wandering around her room. Rebekah had gone by Veronica's apartment to pick up some of her stuff, which Klaus could very well notice. The fairy lights strung along the bedpost and the small decorations littering the nightstand and bureau clashed the old look of the bedroom. His eyes, however, were focused on one picture frame in particular.

It featured Veronica and her two siblings, the three of them beaming and posing in their Christmas pajamas on their couch.

Clearing his throat, Klaus shot Veronica a look, "Have you talked to your sister lately?"

When Veronica shook her head, Klaus felt his chest grow heavy. He had heard of her brother, Jeremy's, death and Elena turning her emotions off. Rebekah had filled him in on whatever details he was unable to find out, but based on the way Veronica was acting, he assumed she had no idea what happened.

"You should call her. I'll have someone fix the air conditioning." Klaus said, then walked out of the room.

When the strange feeling fluttered in her stomach, Veronica knew it wasn't a coidende anymore. Picking up her phone from the nightstand, Veronica dialed her sister's number and waited.

"Elena, hey! We haven't talked in ages, how are you?"

"Roni," Elena said, Veronica confused by her shaky tone, "I've been, um, better. How are you?"

"I've been better too, but I've got something to tell you. Is Jeremy there? I wanna tell you both at the same time."

When she only received silence, Veronica furrowed her eyebrows.

"'Lena? Are you there?"

She heard Elena sniffle, "Listen, Veronica, there's something you should know."

"What is it?"

"Jeremy, he um. On the island while looking for the cure he... Katherine killed him."

Now it was Veronica's turn to grow quiet. She could barely hear Elena's desperate rambling, explaining the story and begging Veronica not to be mad at her.

"Oh my God," Veronica whispered, squeezing her watering eyes shut, "And you waited this long to tell me? I had to call and ask you!"

"Roni I'm so-"

"Save it, Elena."

Hanging up the call, Veronica tossed her phone onto the sheets. It was as if she was feeling everything, yet nothing, at the same time.

When anger overruled all of her other emotions, she acted on it.

Feeling the tears roll down her cheeks, Veronica tore down the fairy lights, throwing them on the floor. The girl was practically sobbing as she knocked books off of the bookshelf, her chest frantically moving up and down as she tried to catch her breath.

Her body began reacting the way it did when she witnessed her aunt die. Voices, seemingly hundreds of them, began whispering in her head.

Giving into their demands, Veronica fell to the floor and let out a high pitched scream, her own ears ringing at the noise.

As she wept on the floor, Rebekah came rushing in.

"What the hell-"

Spotting Veronica on the floor, the blonde rushed over and brushed the wet strands off of Veronica's face.

"J-Jeremy, he's dead."

Rebekah's mouth slightly dropped open. She had her suspicions that Veronica didn't know, but told herself Elena wasn't cruel enough to not tell her own sister of their brother's passing.

Not sure there was anything she could say that would help, Rebekah simply wrapped an arm around Veronica, allowing her to fall into her side. The girl was too distracted to hear the light footsteps from outside the door, but Rebekah heard them. She heard the way Kaus' heart beat faster at the sound of Veronica's cries.

For someone who claims not to care, Rebekah thought, he does seem very upset when hearing her cry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.8K 4.9K 57
β˜† 𝗔 π—₯π—˜π—§π—˜π—Ÿπ—Ÿπ—œπ—‘π—š 𝗒𝗙 π—§π—›π—˜ 𝗒π—₯π—œπ—šπ—œπ—‘π—”π—Ÿπ—¦ : what if the child was a teenager/YA throughout the show duration and not at season 5? After...
135K 3.1K 17
𝐌𝐲 π’π­π«πšπ§π πž π‹π’πŸπž|. ❝𝖨'𝗆 π—‡π—ˆ π—π–Ίπ—‹π—‹π—‚π—ˆπ—‹βž Γ— Γ—Strength and courage aren't always measured in medals and victories. They are measured...
951K 21.8K 36
π„π‹π„π€ππŽπ‘ π…πŽπ‘ππ„π’, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...
243K 7.8K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...