Everything You Are - Orm Mari...

By LAC1940

Book 1 of the 'Everything I Need' Trilogy An Aquaman AU where Atlanna and Tom have a little girl, Aurelia, Or... More

Note
Welcome!
Prologue - Destiny
Chapter One - By Birthright
Chapter Two - A Warning
Chapter Three - Welcome to Atlantis, Welcome Home
Chapter Four - Homecoming?
Chapter Six - A Whole New World
Chapter Seven - More 'Good' First Impressions
Chapter Eight - Legends of Old
Chapter Nine - When We Were Young
Chapter Ten - Betrayed and Betrothed
Chapter Eleven - Ocean of Sand
Chapter Twelve - Not Legends Anymore
Chapter Thirteen - Painful Truths

Chapter Five - Royal Guest

2K 67 12
By LAC1940

Leaving the Great Hall was like taking a breath of fresh air. Or, in this case, a breath of fresh sea water.

Aurelia heaved a heavy sigh and immediately turned to Vulko and Aria. "Well that was fun. I'm so glad you brought me here so that I could be mocked and insulted and ogled at by everyone!" She threw up her hands in frustration. "I told you they wouldn't take me seriously."

The two nodded and sighed. "Aurelia," Vulko began. "We know that-"

"-But it's really nothing new, though, so I should be used to it by now." Although this had been much different than all those times at school being picked on as a kid.

"Princess Aurelia-" She jumped slightly when she heard the melodic voice of the prince and turned to see him floating nearby. Well that was fast.

Vulko and Aria immediately straightened up and bowed their heads. "My Prince."

He gave them a nod of acknowledgement before turning back to Aurelia and giving her a welcoming and sympathetic smile.

"I really prefer just 'Aurelia'," she told him. "Aurelia Curry."

"Oh, yes, of course. Aurelia. I sensed your discomfort as you left the hall, understandably, and wanted to make sure you were all right."

"Oh, um-" She was a little caught off-guard. She hadn't been expecting this to be honest.

"I'm very sorry about my father's attitude towards you, but it won't change, I'm afraid. My father is very narrow-minded-"

"Huh, yeah you don't say."

"But I hope you're not too offended..." Now he looked embarrassed, embarrassed for the way she had been treated when it wasn't even his fault.

"It stung a little, but I've heard it all before. Well, most of it. A lot of it," she admitted. "But thank you for the apology and coming to check on me. I appreciate it."

His smile brightened now. "Of course. I wanted to make sure we hadn't scared you off when you've only just returned to me - uh, us," he spluttered towards the end, straightening up.

She chuckled. "Don't worry. It takes a lot more than a pompous-assed king like him to scare me-" Vulko and Aria were shooting her warning glances. It was then, of course, that she remembered who she was speaking to: that pompous-assed king's son.

But Orm only chuckled, not trying to hide it. "Well, I'm glad. And I'm glad to have you here. Very glad-" He seemed to get lost in what he said, before he straightened up again and cleared his throat. "I was wondering, and hoping, that you might join us for dinner tonight in the dining hall?"

And face all that criticism again so soon? She wasn't so sure. "Uh, you know, thank you for the offer, but I don't think I'm feeling up to it tonight."

The disappointment was written clear on his face, but he tried to keep himself composed. "Of course, I understand, of course. I'll have the cook prepare you a tray for your room."

"Thank you."

"Of course. My pleasure. But I'll hold you up no longer, let you go and get settled. Again, I mean it, if you need anything, come and find me. I want you to feel comfortable here. Unlike my father, I feel that it is only fair for you to be allowed here. You are Atlantean, full-blooded or half-blooded. It is just as much your home as it is ours."

Again, his words surprised her. "Thank you."

"My Prince." The others bowed their heads again, and Aurelia was about to join them in doing so, but stopped herself. This was already showing signs of a very iron-fist rule, with a bit of fear playing in there as well, all the signs were there. And she had only been here maybe an hour.

Vulko and Aria shared a parting kiss before heading their separate ways, he probably to his duties and Aria to show Aurelia to her room.

That was the thing, growing up, while she hadn't had her parents' relationship in her life, she had had Vulko and Aria's. Of course, there was no shortage of affection in Tom's remembering of Atlanna, but it was different seeing it between two people. Whenever she saw the affection shared between her mentors, she couldn't help but smile.

"Right this way." Aria led her winding through the palace to a wing far from the Great Hall that she was sure she would never find again.

"Wow. This is - wow..." She was speechless as they entered the room that was apparently to be hers, a room larger than the whole lighthouse that she called home. "Excessive. Really? I don't need all this space."

"Orm had us ready the best guest room for you," Aria explained.

Why am I not surprised? That explained a lot. Wait, guest bedroom? She wondered what the royal chambers were like then.

"He really wants you to feel comfortable here," Aria reiterated what Orm himself had assured her of before.

"Yeah, no kidding." She half expected to find a gift and big sign that said WELCOME!

"And he's completely going against his father in doing so."

"Yeah. Old Orvax would probably have me locked up in the dungeons."

"He will if you don't start being careful about what you say here. Someone can, and will, report you."

Aurelia scanned the room again, quickly noticing the lack of a crucial thing for a bedroom. "Uh, where's the bed?"

Aria smiled and gestured for her to follow her through a doorway and into a wide space where a giant bed was. "Seriously? All mine?"

"All yours."

"Whew!" She collapsed onto the bed, letting herself fall back onto the cushy surface - it was the softest, most comfortable bed she had ever been in. "Well, I'll sure have to thank Orm for his hospitality. Yikes, after my intro to the king, I didn't expect his son to be so nice," she remarked.

Aria smiled. "That's his mother's kindness and compassion shining through him, her legacy that he continues to carry. I have always been the adviser to the Queen, you know. Your mother, and when your time as Queen comes, I will be yours as well."

"And if Orm becomes King, whoever he marries, you'll be her adviser too."

Aria paused in her wandering about the room for a moment and then nodded. "Yes. And I was also adviser and attendant to Orm's mother when she became Queen after marrying King Orvax, Opal. She was lovely, the sweetest woman. She bared the king a son, and her little prince was her pride and joy. She loved him so much, and he loved her. But she died when he was ten years old, and so his father's influence has been the only one he's had ever since. Vulko and I try to keep his mother's spirit alive the best we can when advising him, but Orvax is very strict, as you can probably already tell. Thankfully, Orm has retained much of what Opal taught him, although as time passes, I worry how much longer it will last with his father leading." She paused. "I had hoped your visit might help with this."

Her words caused Aurelia to sit up on the edge of the bed thoughtfully. So much pressure... People were expecting so much of her, and she didn't want to let any of them down. But she honestly didn't feel like she could help them, at all, not in the way they needed. And this whole thing was only becoming more and more complicated.

The smile that had fallen during the end of her speech returned to Aria's lips. "Well, I'll give you some time to get yourself settled and comfortable in this new setting. Come and find us if you need anything."

"Thanks, Aria."

"My pleasure, as always."

Once the chamber door closed behind her, Aurelia fell back onto the bed once more, sinking into the soft blankets which threatened to swallow her whole, and let out a heavy breath.

After a few minutes of lying there, she got up and began wandering around herself. She felt she could even get lost in this ridiculously large room, so she would definitely get lost in the rest of the city.

As she stood on her chamber balcony, looking out at the ancient-like city yet which glowed with the power of technology, she heard a chirping, and saw Daphne and the other dolphins swim over, joining her in her taking in of the city.

"I don't know about this, girls," she admitted to them with a sigh. "I don't know."

(Thank you for the 600+ reads! :) you all are amazing!

Can't wait for some more interactions between Aurelia and Orm! ;) Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed (as always!))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 61 23
Laura plunges back into distant memories, to the time where she was captured by a strange man and discovered secrets, burried in the unknown. Was she...
21.7K 942 33
Set after the events of 'Aquaman' - To Atlanteans, their great kingdom is thriving, however, to surface world dwellers, this magical underwater land...
278K 9.6K 53
After surviving a bank robbery, with much thanks to Aquaman, Camille decides to complete her training to join the police force; to help people like h...
18K 386 22
Once it had been love, but with the coronation, so much changed and that in a direction that was difficult to put into words. In the following years...