FIRE AND ICE โŽฏ n.mikaelsonยน

By -L0VELESS-

๐…๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ๐œ๐ž | โ๐™จ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™–๐™ฌ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™š๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™จโž โŽฏโŽฏ In which Tyler Lockwood'... More

๐—™๐—œ๐—ฅ๐—˜ ๐—”๐—ก๐—— ๐—œ๐—–๐—˜
๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ...!
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ข. โ–ฌโ–ฌ ๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ด ๐™ต๐™ธ๐š๐š‚๐šƒ ๐™ด๐™ฝ๐™ฒ๐™พ๐š„๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐™ด๐š
หห‹ 01
หห‹ 02
หห‹ 03
หห‹ 04
หห‹ 05
หห‹ 06
หห‹ 07
หห‹ 08
หห‹ 09
หห‹ 10
หห‹ 11
หห‹ 12
หห‹ 13
หห‹ 14
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ข๐ข. โ–ฌโ–ฌ ๐™ท๐™ด๐™ฐ๐š๐šƒ ๐™พ๐š…๐™ด๐š ๐™ผ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ณ
หห‹ 15
BAD DECISIONS
XVII. POISON
XVIII. MEDICINE
XIX. YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
XX. SWEET BUT PSYCHO
XXI. LIE TO ME
XXII. TROUBLE FINDS YOU
XXIII. YOU SHOULD SEE ME IN A CROWN
XXIV. SUCKER
XXV. EXCUSES
XXVI. WORK IT OUT
XXVII. DANCER IN THE DARK
XXIX. INDESTRUCTIBLE
XXX. STUPID IN LOVE
XXXI. I BET YOU LOOK GOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR
XXXII. MISSILE
XXXIII. HOLD ON
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„; ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
XXXIV. BROKEN
XXXV. ASHES
XXXVI. LITTLE WHITE LIES
XXXVII. EVERYTIME
XXXVIII. COLLAR FULL
XXXIX. LONE RANGER
XL. KILL OF THE NIGHT
XLI. UNPREDICTABLE
XLII. STILL FALLING FOR YOU
XLIII. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS
XLIV. HOW TO SAVE A LIFE
XLV. EYES CLOSED
XLVI. RULE THE WORLD
XLVII. SHADOWS
XLVIII. SOMEONE YOU LOVED
XLIX. BEAUTIFUL CREATURES
L. TOO GOOD AT GOODBYES
LI. FIRE AND ICE

XXVIII. POWER OVER ME

40.2K 954 1K
By -L0VELESS-

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ - 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦]

"i wanna know who you are,
I want your heart to beat for me"

✧✦✧✦✧

A contented sigh left the brunette teen's lips as she stretched her aching limbs in a bed unfamiliar to her own. Snapping he eyes open at the thought, Thea sat up as she glanced around the room in confusion and slight panic earning a chuckle from the smirking hybrid lying next to her. "Morning, little wolf," Klaus muttered, startling the wolf slightly as she snapped her head in his direction

Thea, upon seeing the smirk upon her soulmates face, let out a groan in frustration as she fell back against the soft silk pillows of Klaus' bed, closing her eyes in hopes she could disappear. The brunette prayed that if she kept her eyes closed for long enough, the events of last night would cease to exist and she would awake in her own bed. Away from the hybrid and his seductive smirk.

The brunette didn't regret anything that happened between her and Klaus, necessarily. In fact, though she'd never admit it, she enjoyed herself and was more than willing to do it again. But she was supposed to be mad at him- and here she was, laid naked in his bed as he smirked tauntingly at her. It was as if all her common sense and will vanished at the mere sight of him, and instead of holding her ground she found herself giving into him. She was no better than a love-sick dog and she hated it.

"Quit staring at me," Thea snapped as she felt Klaus' eyes on her, a scowl settled on her face causing the hybrid to chuckle. "I'm not staring, I'm merely gazing at your beauty," the hybrid retorted tauntingly causing Thea's eyes to snap open in annoyance, "it's creepy," the wolf deadpanned as she glared at the smirking original.

"It's romantic," he stated causing Thea to roll her eyes in exasperation before climbing out of the bed, wrapping the sheets around her frame as she did, "I still hate you," she muttered as she gathered her clothes from the floor. Klaus smiled lazily at her as he watched her from the bed, "that's not what you were saying last night," he taunted with a smirk causing the brunette to glare at him.

"A moment of weakness. I can assure you that it will never happen again," she told him sternly, her cold gaze fixed on the hybrid's blue eyes, not allowing them to drift as he stood from the bed walking towards her as naked as the day he was born. "Never is an awfully long time, little wolf. Are you sure you can resist me?" Klaus taunted with a smirk as he towered over her, his eyes daringly locked on the molten chocolate eyes of his soulmate.

Thea smirked up at him, a challenge set firmly in her eyes, "well, lucky for me, I'm known to be quite stubborn," she taunted with a wicked grin as she moved her face closer to his. Klaus smirked down at her, his heart beating rapidly at how close they were both stood, "are you sure you can resist me?" Thea taunted in a whisper against his lips before pulling away with a wicked smirk, letting the bed sheets fall from her frame as she strutted into Klaus' en-suite.

"I need some clothes," she spoke with a teasing tone as she felt Klaus' hot gaze on her, causing a small smirk of victory to appear on her face, knowing that she had just as much of an effect on him as he did her. Klaus coughed as he came to his senses, "clothes, right," he muttered as he dressed himself quickly before exiting the room, muttering in annoyance as he did so causing the brunette to laugh. Klaus-0, Thea-1.

✧✦✧✦✧

A little while later, Klaus and Thea were sat in the Mikaelson living room, the former painting as the latter teased Kol about his run in with Damon Salvatore. "It's just hard to believe that, you, 'the wildest Mikaelson', ruthless and daring got your neck snapped by a vampire, who, let's face it, is much weaker than you," Thea taunted from her place besides Kol, bursting into laughter at the sight of his annoyed scowl.

Before the original had the chance to retort however, the front door slammed open, alerting everyone to Rebekah's return. "Well, well, well. There's our girl," Kol taunted as he got up from his seat, blocking the blonde vampire's bath causing her to scowl, "get out of my way, Kol," Rebekah hissed causing Thea to smirk in amusement.

Kol laughed at his younger sister as he refused to move out of her way, "out all night. What a scandal," he mocked before looking at Thea and Klaus, "it seems Nik wasn't the only one in the family to get lucky last night. I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?" Thea's eyes narrowed at the brunette Mikaelson, "if you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth," she promised threateningly, causing Klaus to grin from behind his painting.

"Don't start, Nik!" Rebekah warned as she caught his teasing grin, "I didn't say anything," Klaus retorted as he held his hands up in mock surrender causing both Rebekah and Thea to narrow their eyes at him. "I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment," Kol whined as he looked towards Klaus, "what are you waiting for? Go on, have at it," the elder Mikaelson stated boredly as he continued to paint.

Kol huffed in annoyance at his brothers' lack of interest causing Thea to laugh quietly. The vampire was over a thousand years old and still acted like a child. "It's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart," the Mikaelson manipulated with a small smirk causing Rebekah to roll her eyes as Thea laughed once again. Definitely still a child.

Klaus smiled at his soulmate before looking towards his younger brother with a light expression, "okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date." Kol smirked at his brother in reply, "if I remember correctly, I think you were rather occupied with something, or should I say someone, else last night," he taunted causing Thea's cheeks to flush pink as the hybrid only laughed in response. Sensing her friend's embarrassment, Rebekah narrowed her eyes at her brothers, pushing Kol in the direction of the door, "yes, please go. This house has enough men rolling around in it."

Kol smirked at his younger sister as he stopped at the door, Klaus by his side, "just like you, Bekah," he mocked, rushing out of the door as the blonde vampire threw her shoe at him. "You coming, little wolf?" Klaus asked his soulmate with a smile from his place in the doorway, causing the brunette to shake her head in response, "no, I think I'm just gonna chill here with Bek's for a bit before I go home." The hybrid smiled at her warmly causing her heart to flutter, "be careful. She might be riddled with diseases," Klaus joked causing Rebekah to groan in annoyance once again as she threw her other shoe at his head. "Good riddance, both of you!" the blonde snapped causing Thea to laugh in amusement as Klaus left.

"Rebekah," Elijah spoke as he entered the room from behind them, causing the blonde to sigh in frustration, "not you too, Elijah," she muttered as she rubbed her hands over her face. Thea watched the two siblings in amusement, only frowning once she noticed the concerned look etched upon the elder Mikaelson's face, "I'm worried about mother. Have you noticed her strange behaviour?"

Rebekah frowned at him, "she's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?" she retorted, causing Elijah to sigh, "burnt sage," he stated as he pulled the sage from his suit pocket, handing it to the blonde, "she was doing a privacy spell." Thea frowned at the siblings, her own worry regarding the original witch's loyalty resurfacing. She didn't trust Esther one bit, especially now she knew Elijah didn't fully trust her either.

Rebekah sighed boredly, handing the sage back to her brother, "you know she fancies such things. Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her." Elijah frowned at his sister, "I don't trust Finn. He hates what we are, he always has," he muttered causing Rebekah's frown to deepen, "that's not true. And as for mother, she returned for one reason, to make our family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?" she asked before walking away.

Thea frowned at her friends retreating figure in sympathy, praying that what she had said was the truth for her friend's sake. The brunette knew how much Rebekah loved her mother, she had just gotten her back and they were finally able to be a family. It would kill her if her mother's intentions were less than pure. "What are you thinking, Lijah?" the wolf asked, noticing the perplexed expression on the elder Mikaelson's face as he stared at the burnt herb in his hand.

Shifting his gaze, his eyes locked onto the brunettes with a small smirk, "I'm thinking we go and pay a little visit to your doppelganger friend."

✧✦✧✦✧

"I forgot how much I missed this land," Elijah breathed wistfully as he, Thea and Elena stepped out of his car and into the woods surrounding Mystic Falls. The brunette wolf gazed around her in wonder, reminiscing about the times she ran through those very trees in her wolf form- completely free and unburdened by the harshness of her reality. In truth, she missed turning. Some wolves hated the turn and the pain it brought along, but Thea loved the control she gained from it. It was the one thing she had complete control over in her life, and since finding out she could shift at her own will, she had neglected to do so having been so caught up in all the supernatural drama that had occurred.

"I can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago," the Lockwood muttered in awe causing Elijah to smile in reminiscence as he gazed at the woods in front of them, "you know, your school was built over an Indian village. That was where I saw my first werewolf." Thea smiled at the original as he continued, "the town square was where the natives would gather to worship. Matter of fact, near that, there was a field where wild horses use to graze."

"That's incredible," Elena spoke in awe as she and Thea listened intently to the vampire's words, both equally amazed by the history of their town. Elijah nodded at them both, "come," he spoke as he began to walk further into the woods, the two brunettes trailing behind him, "do you know this place too?" the doppelganger asked in slight apprehension as the three came to a stop on an open field. Elijah nodded with a hidden smirk which caused Thea to worry slightly. She wished to know what Esther was up to, yes, and whilst she prayed her friend had no involvement in it, she knew she was naïve to think it- but that didn't mean she wished Elena to come to any harm. No matter what the circumstances, Elena was still her friend.

"I do. Below us is a cavern I used to play in as a boy. Connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area," Elijah began as he looked intently at the brunette in front of him, "perhaps it is nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon. My mother said there must be a balance." At the mention of the original witch, Elena's head snapped to look at the floor as her eyes shifted nervously causing the Lockwood teen to narrow her eyes.

"I should probably go home," the doppelganger muttered causing Elijah's eyes to narrow, "I admire you, Elena. You remind me of qualities I valued long before my mother turned us. It's not in your nature to be deceitful and yet, when I asked about your meeting with my mother the other night, you lied to my face." Thea closed her eyes in disappointment as she looked towards the floor. She wasn't stupid. She knew her friends would never leave Klaus alone after all he had done, but she had hoped that her word and friendship meant more to them then it appeared to.

"That's not true. I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start," Elena denied, repeatedly shaking her head causing Thea to sigh, "we can hear your heartbeat, Lena," she muttered as Elijah nodded, "yes, and it jumps when you're being dishonest. You lied to me at the ball and you are lying to us now. Tell me the truth." The doppelganger shifted in fear at the sight of the vampires harsh glare, "I never wanted this to happen," she muttered causing Elijah's eyes to narrow even more.

"What, Elena?" Thea asked slightly fearful of what the doppelganger had to say. She knew Esther couldn't be trusted and she was planning something big, but they needed to know what and when. "We were told that whatever was going to be in that coffin was going to kill Klaus. When we found out that it was your mother, we didn't know what to think," the brunette trailed off as she glanced between the wolf and original vampire nervously.

"Since her return she says she only wants this family to be whole again," Elijah scoffed humorlessly as he shook his head in disappointment at the realisation of his mother's deceit causing Thea to frown in sadness, knowing all the Mikealson siblings truly wanted was their family back together. "When she asked to see me, I-I thought that maybe she could help. That she would find a way to kill Klaus, except, its not just Klaus that she wants to kill," Elena muttered hesitantly as she noticed the wolf's hardened glare.

"She wants to kill them all, doesn't she?" Thea asked in disbelief, her frightened eyes locking onto Elijah's in worry, "she wants to undo the evil she created," the original muttered in a hurtful tone. Elena looked between the two in guilt, "I'm so sorry," she muttered repeatedly causing the wolf to scoff in disbelief, "no you're not, Lena. You never are," she laughed bitterly causing Elena's face to fall.

"Just tell me this, the other night when you apologised- were you still planning to murder my soulmate?" she asked frostily as her gaze hardened causing Elena to shift nervously, "wow," Thea muttered in exasperation as Elena nodded her head in response. "He killed Jenna, Thea. He has to die," the doppelganger snapped angrily causing the wolf to scoff in annoyance, "and Damon killed my uncle! Did that slip your mind when you were kissing him or are things just different when they happen to you?" she hissed.

"That's unfair. Klaus is dangerous, T. He has to go, and this is the best chance we've got," Elena spoke, her voice cracking at parts signifying she was trying to persuade herself as well as the young wolf. Thea shook her head in disappointment, hurt in her eyes as she looked at her friend, "and Elijah and the rest of his siblings? Do they deserve to die because of Klaus' mistakes? Do I?" she asked sorrowfully causing Elena to look down in guilt.

"I wish there was something I could do to help," the doppelganger spoke regretfully as she noticed the tears in her friends eyes, realising how badly she had treated the one person who was always there for. "You know," Elijah spoke up, his tone and gaze both equally as harsh as he stared at the doppelganger in annoyance, "one thing I've learned on my time on this Earth, be careful what you wish for," he hissed as he broke a whole in the floor, grabbing both girls and jumping into the caves underneath.

✧✦✧✦✧

After Rebekah came to watch over Elena, Thea left to find Klaus and Kol and warn them of their mothers plan. Whilst the wolf was reluctant to leave her friend in the hands of Rebekah at first, knowing the blonde wanted nothing more than to see the doppelganger in the ground, a sudden need to warn Klaus overcame her and she found herself caring more about saving her soulmate than her friend.

The strong feelings she held for the hybrid in such a short amount of time scared her immensely, and she wasn't entirely sure what to do about them. There was still the whole issue with her brother and her friends, knowing none of them would approve of whatever relationship the two would share, but as she spent more time with Klaus' siblings she found herself caring less.

"Ooh, there's wolfy. Such a tasty little thing," the wolf heard Kol taunt his older brother as she walked in to the Mystic Grill causing a small smile to adorn her face. "Say another word and I'll tear out your liver," Klaus warned as his eyes focused on the beautiful brunette, "Thea!" he called with a smile of adoration on his face as he caught her eyes. "Great, you're still here," she muttered in relief causing the two originals' faces to fall in confusion.

Feeling a pair of eyes on her, Thea's eyes filtered around the bar, landing upon the crystal blue of her best friend whose face twisted in anger at the sight of her talking to Klaus. "Join us for a drink?" the hybrid asked, drawing her attention back to him causing the wolf's gaze to falter. "Mmm, I'd rather die of thirst. But thanks," she spat frostily, shooting the hybrid a look that told him to play along and follow her lead.

The young Lockwood needed to inform Klaus of his mother's deceit and their plan to stop her, but she couldn't do it in front of Damon. With one last glance at the hybrid, Thea turned on her heel, strutting out of the Grill with Klaus watching her every move, "isn't she stunning?" he muttered in awe causing Kol to laugh in amusement. "She certainly looks good walking away from you," he taunted causing Klaus to smirk, "I'll take that as a challenge," he retorted before downing the contents of his drink and following the brunette outside.

"Thea!" the hybrid shouted as he crossed the road, nearly getting hit by a car as he followed her causing the brunette to roll her eyes, "are you mental? Where's Kol?" she shouted as he came to a stop in front of her. Klaus' face twisted into a frown as he looked at the brunette in confusion, "Kol? He's inside," he told her causing the wolf to shake her head in exasperation, "you're unbelievable," she muttered in disbelief.

"Don't be angry, love. We had a little spat. I'm over it already. You should be too after last night," he taunted, a teasing smirk on his face that caused the wolf to roll her eyes in annoyance. Here she was trying to warn him that his mother was planning on killing him, and all he was doing was trying to seduce her. "Ah, well. I'm not," she smiled bitterly causing the hybrid to laugh, "how can I quit myself?" he asked her honestly, wanting nothing more than to make up for all the hurt he had caused her.

Thea sighed, her eyes shifting to the floor as the raw emotion in his eyes made her uncomfortable, "Klaus, we don't have time for this," she muttered causing the hybrid to shake his head, "take a chance, Thea. Get to know me, I dare you," he smirked, grabbing hold of both of her hands. Thea rolled her eyes, a small smile adorning her face as she looked at the giddy smile on the originals', her heart beating erratically at the sight.

"I fancy you, little wolf. And I want to know about you. Your hopes, your dreams. Everything you want in life," he told her softly, adoration clear on his face as his eyes melted into hers. "Just so we're clear, I'm too smart to be seduced by you. Again," she muttered with a small smile causing Klaus to laugh, "it may come as a shock, but your stubbornness is one of the many reasons why I like you," he smiled brightly.

It was at this point that the wolf found herself falling hopelessly and recklessly in love with the man in front of her. Sure, he was massively flawed and cared little for other people; but he cared for her, and that was undeniably clear in the way he looked and spoke to her. Right now he was vulnerable, displaying all his emotions and feelings openly to the woman in front of him in the hopes that she reciprocated those same feelings, and Thea had never liked him more. Before she had the chance to respond however, the wolf felt a sudden pain in her chest as if she had been stabbed.

Falling back into Klaus' hold, the brunette clutched her chest as the pain got worse causing the hybrid to panic as he felt it too. "Thea? What's happening?" Klaus asked frantically as he held her, his face contorted in worry at the pain displayed across his soulmates face, "Kol," she muttered raspily, gasping in agony as the pain got worse.

Nodding, the hybrid picked the wolf up bridal style before rushing to the alleyway besides the Grill, finding Alaric, Damon and Stefan stood over a daggered Kol. Placing Thea on the ground carefully, Klaus rushed over to them, knocking Alaric against the wall before pulling the dagger out of his younger brother as Stefan rushes to him about to knock him down before Thea snapped his neck, successfully knocking him out.

Standing, Klaus turned to face his soulmate in surprise, a look of pride washing over him at the sight of her devious smirk. The hybrid shifted his gaze towards the vampire in front of them, breaking the heated gaze the two soulmates held before he got too invested in the brunette- the sight of her dangerous expression stirring feelings within him that weren't particularly appropriate at this moment in time.

"I should've killed you months ago," Klaus hissed in anger as his eyes narrowed at the raven haired vampire in front of him causing Damon to smirk recklessly, "do it. It's not going to stop Esther from killing you," he taunted causing Klaus' anger to grow. "What did you say about my mother?" the hybrid hissed, walking dangerously closer to the smirking vampire, "you didn't know I was friends with your mummy? Yeah, we have a lot in common. She hates you as much as I do."

Thea's eyes narrowed at the raven haired vampire as Klaus rushed towards him, pinning him to the wall by his throat, "leave him! We still need them, Niklaus," Elijah spoke authoritatively as he appeared at the top of the stairs. "What did mother do? What did she do, Elijah?" Klaus spoke angrily as he let Damon go, walking to stand back by Thea as Elijah walked down the stairs towards Damon with his phone in hand. "You tell me where the witches are or I'll have my sister kill Elena right now," Elijah told the raven haired vampire evenly, ignoring the hybrid's questions.

Damon looked towards the clock tower, seeing its only 8:30, causing panic to wash over his face, "you told me we had until after nine," he rushed, his tone holding nothing but worry at the thought of losing Elena. Thea's eyes narrowed in anger and irritation as she looked towards the elder Salvatore, "I'm sure Rebekah will be more than happy to start her work early," she hissed venomously, causing Damon's face to fall as the two Mikaelson's smirked at her in pride.

✧✦✧✦✧

Elijah, Kol, Klaus and Thea strutted through the woods, making their way up a hill and arriving at a pentagram made of salt and torches burning at each point of the star, finding Esther and Finn stood in the centre. "My sons, come forward," Esther says, walking closer causing the three brothers and Thea to scowl, "stay beside me, mother," Finn demanded worriedly as he held a hand out in front of his mother in protection causing Thea to scoff.

"It's okay," the witch responded easily, a small smirk on her face as she caught sight of the wolf's narrowed eyes, "they can't enter." Kol scoffed, walking closer to the pentagram in annoyance only for the torches to burn brighter, forcing him back. "That's lovely. We're stuck out here, while the favourite son plays sacrificial lamb. How pathetic you are Finn," he snapped in anger causing Esther to scowl.

"Be quiet, Kol. Your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine," the elder woman scolded causing Thea to laugh bitterly, "virtue? Ironic coming from the woman that's about to murder her own children," she spat, venom dripping from her words as she glared icily at the woman in front of her. Esther's eyes focused on the brunettes chocolate coloured eyes, a small amused smirk adorning her face which only angered the wolf more.

"Whatever you think of us, killing your own children would be an atrocity," Elijah spoke up in a low tone, anger clear in his voice at the sight of his mother mocking the girl he considered a sister. Shifting her gaze to her second eldest son, Esther simply smiled, "my only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago." Thea reached out, grasping Klaus' hand in her own firmly as she felt his mood shift, feeling the hurt and disappointment radiating from him.

Despite all the pain the woman had caused him, Thea knew that deep down Klaus adored his mother and all he ever wanted was her love and support. But the witch was truly evil, and Thea had never hated anyone more. "Enough, all this talk is boring me" Klaus snapped, his hand still holding onto Thea's tightly, the support from her fuelling his strength as he faced his mother with a look of defiance, "end this now, mother, or I'll send you back to hell."

Esther glared at the hybrid, stepping forward as she looked between her three sons, "for a thousand years, I've been forced to watch you. Felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood." Focusing her gaze on Elijah, the witch stared at him in disappointment, "even you Elijah, with your claim to nobility, you're no better. All of you. You're a curse on this Earth, stretched out over generations. If you've come to plead for your life, I'm sorry, you've wasted your time."

Thea glared at the woman, stepping closer to the pentagon with a daring look on her face, "and me? Surely the witches have something to say about the sacrifice of an innocent life," she asked causing the elder woman to smirk. "You're a means to an end. I am truly sorry you got paired with my son, you didn't deserve this, Thea," Esther spoke causing the wolf's eyes to flash golden, anger swirling within her at the mention of her soulmate.

"Trust me, love. The only thing you're going to be sorry about is crossing me. You have amazing children, it saddens me you can't see that," the brunette hissed with a vicious smirk, "but don't worry. You'll have plenty of more time to watch them and think over your regrets when I put you back into whatever hole you crawled out of. You made a mistake coming for my family," she sneered at the woman causing Esther to smirk.

"Sadly, you won't get the chance," she commented, responding to her earlier threat seemingly unfazed. Thea narrowed her eyes at the woman as the ground began to shake, causing Esther to look around in panic. "No! Sisters! Don't abandon me!" she called desperately as the torches began to flare, the fire burning brightly causing Klaus to rush forward instantly, shielding Thea from them, Kol and Elijah both doing the same by the side of them.

As the fire died out, the four looked back towards the pentagon finding both Esther and Finn had vanished. "I am going to kill that bitch, even if it's the last thing I do," Thea hissed in anger as she stared at the spot Esther once stood, "not if I kill her first," Klaus muttered by her side, causing the two soulmates to smirk at each other.

✧✦✧✦✧

After the scene in the woods, Thea left the siblings to go back home, but as she walked around her empty house she realised she wanted to be somewhere else. She had grown too accustomed to Klaus that being away from him felt foreign and unsettling. Which is why after collecting some of her clothes, the wolf was currently stood in the entrance of the Mikaelson's parlour, gazing upon her soulmate as he sipped whiskey from a glass, aimlessly staring into the embers of the fire.

"I thought you'd have gone by now. Elijah's leaving. Kol's left. Esther and Finn are gone too and I don't know where Rebekah is. Everyone leaves," he muttered as he continued to stare into the fire, refusing to turn to face the brunette as he thought about his mother's words. Thea didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve to be stuck with someone like him.

"I'm not leaving, Nik," Thea spoke sincerely, moving to stand closer to him causing the hybrid to scowl in frustration. "You should. What was it you called me the other night? A monster? Why are you still here Thea? Just go" he demanded angrily as he turned to face her, causing the brunette to roll her eyes. Klaus was trying to push her away once again, his mother's words stirring the deep insecurity that he wasn't good enough for her once again. But Thea was stubborn, and there was no way she was going to allow him to cast her aside once again.

"No. Stop acting like a child and listen to me. I'm here, and I'm not leaving. I'm not leaving you, Nik," she told him honestly walking closer to him until she was stood directly in front of him. Klaus glowered down at her, his eyes narrowed, "why?" he asked lowly, insecurity and vulnerability dripping from his tone. "Because, as hard as it is to believe, I like you too," Thea smiled at him causing the hybrid's mood to brighten slightly.

"I thought I was 'psychotic son of a bitch'," he mocked with a small smile, referencing the text she sent him the other night out of anger, causing the brunette to laugh, "well, I at least got the 'son of a bitch' part right. Your mother is a dick," she spoke honestly causing Klaus to laugh loudly. "Speaking of my mother, you were quite the fierce little warrior earlier, love," he joked as Thea smirked up at him, "well, what can I say, she messed with the wrong wolf. Nobody hurts my family."

Klaus smiled at her words, warmth filling his body as he gazed at her, "family huh?" he joked causing the brunette to shrug, "well I mean, Kol and Elijah are pretty cool and Rebekah's like a sister, gotta protect the fam," she muttered mockingly. "And me? Am I a part of this 'fam' as you put it?" he asked as he pulled her closer to him, "hmm, well that depends," she teased, a daring smirk on her face as her hear began to beat rapidly.

"On?" the hybrid questioned as his own conniving smirk rested upon his face, "on how well you kiss me," Thea replied with a taunting smile causing Klaus to chuckle. "Oh? I thought you were too smart to be seduced by me," he mocked in laughter making Thea's eyes narrow as she stared up at him, "shut up and kiss me," she muttered as she looped her arms around his neck, bringing his face towards hers.

Just like the many other times the two had kissed, sparks flew as if it was the very first time. The two soulmates kissed each other with so much passion, memorising the way the other felt as if it was the very last time they'd ever get the experience. Before it got too heated, the sound of hurried footsteps broke them apart. "Oh, don't mind me," Rebekah taunted with a devious smirk as she looked at the brunette she considered her best friend, causing Thea to blush in embarrassment.

"Rebekah, I thought you'd have been long gone by now," Klaus muttered in surprise as he looked at his little sister, pulling Thea closer for his own comfort. "I hated you when I learned you killed our mother," the blonde vampire muttered in sadness causing Klaus to wince slightly, "but I realise now that after a thousand years together as a family, you're the only one who never left me."

"Well, aren't we a pair," Klaus joked as a small smile broke out on his face, a true sense of happiness settling within him at the thought that perhaps fate was finally on his side. That hope was quickly diminished however at the troubled look that washed over Rebekah's face as she walked closer to the two soulmates, "there's something I need you to see."

"Come to brag about your skills as a torturer?" Klaus joked as Rebekah showed the two the video of Elena she took in the caves earlier. Rebekah rolled her eyes in annoyance, "look at the images on the wall behind Elena," she told him, "the Natives told the story of our family history, look at the images on the far wall." Thea glanced up at her in worry, fear and dread taking over her "what is it?" she questioned.

"A Native worshipping at the Great White Oak Tree," the blonde replied causing Klaus to scoff as he raised his eyebrows, "and? We burned that tree to the ground," he replied causing Rebekah to roll her eyes. "Look at the markings that precede it. That's the native calendar," she muttered through gritted teeth causing the two soulmates face's to fall, realising what the blonde vampire was implying, "this can't be right," Klaus muttered in slight fear.

"A White Oak tree, three hundred years after we fled back to the Old World," Rebekah revealed, fear in her voice as she looked up at her older brother, "there must have been a sapling, a new tree to replace the old. That tree could kill us. It's not over, Nik."

✧✦✧✦✧

i'm back! sorry it took me so long to update, Uni deadlines have been catching up with me and its suuuuper stressful. but i promise, once they're out of the way in the next two weeks, updates will be pretty regular.

i love writing this book, and it means so much that you all love reading it. if there's anything that any of you want me to add, just let me know and i'll try my best. i love writing, and i love creating things that people actually want to read, so feedback is always helpful.

anyway, thank you again. the next chapter should be up by this weekend, hopefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 9.2K 57
๐€๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐…๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ | โ๐™ฌ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š, ๐™๐™ž๐™ข ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ž; ๐™ฉ๏ฟฝ...
8.4K 307 13
๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐€๐“, ๐ˆ'๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐˜ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐€๐“. โ†ขโœฉโœฉโœฉโ†ฃ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐—ƒ๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐–พ๐—‰๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ ๐—Œ๐–บ๐—…๐—๐—“๐—†๐–บ๐—‡'๐—Œ ๐—…๐—‚๐–ฟ๐–พ ๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—†๐—ˆ๐—‹๐–พ ๐—‚๐—‡๐—๐–พ๏ฟฝ...
224K 6.6K 51
After being kidnapped, Isabel Donovan a high school student is forced to endure the supernatural of her world. And it gets worse. Her enemies are a p...
98.1K 1.6K 26
Book one of the hybrid series ~~~ "Don't fuck with my feelings, just because you are unsure of your own." ~~~ Life is hard, isn't it? Being separate...