Slipping Under

By ficsbynic

He didn't realize he had a problem until it was almost too late. More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter One

1.9K 56 70
By ficsbynic

It was a Friday night, we'd started filming again, and things were going good in the YouTube industry of Shane Dawson.

"Do you think you'll be able to stay the night so that we can start editing as soon as we wrap?" Shane walks into the editing room, sitting back down in his chair, handing me a drink. "You wanted this one, right?"

"Tonight?" I take the drink, remembering that I'd promised Garrett and movie night, Shane looks at me, hopeful eyes. "I was supposed to hang out with Garrett tonight..."

"Oh... Oh! Well, that's okay!" Shane smiles, nodding his head.

"But I can see if he wants to hang out here?" I watch as Shane turns around quickly, nodding his head.

"Really??" I nod my head, pulling out my phone.

"Yeah, just let me text him, but it should be fine." I maneuver my way through my phone, finding Garrett's name quickly.

Shane needs me to edit tonight, do you want to come over to his place and hang out?

"You know, I think this new series we did is so interesting," I set my phone to the side and wait for his response, "Editing is going to be a bitch though, we have so much footage." Shane nods

"I know, I wish we could just piece it all together and upload it right now." I laugh at the idea, that'd be too easy.

"You really don't think we'll get sued? Because I don't think I can afford that." Shane shakes his head, sipping his Diet Coke.

"I already talked to the lawyers, and even if anyone tried, I'd make sure you weren't swept up in it." I smile, marveling at Shane's kindness, he really was the best. "So, do you want to start with the beginning footage?" He turns back to his computer, pulling up the footage from a few months ago.

"Sounds good," I check my phone to see if Garrett's texted back, he hasn't which was a little odd, he normally responded pretty quickly. I brush it off and get back to my computer, "I guess Garrett will come over when he gets my text." Shane nods and returns to his computer.

I couldn't help but feel guilty for bailing on Garrett, we'd planned this a couple of days ago and I knew he was looking forward to it. I check my phone again, but still no response. I wonder if I should call him, but I figured he was busy, so I decided to wait a little longer. I put in my headphones and start editing, already regretting my decision to stay. I was over today, I'd barely slept last night, and I honestly had been looking forward to spending some time with Garrett, it'd felt like we hadn't hung out just us two in months. I hated it, and I knew that Garrett wasn't a fan of distance. I check my phone again, hoping that maybe I'd missed his text, or accidentally opened it without reading it, but when I checked there was nothing there.

"Do you think I should call him?"

"Who?"

"Garrett."

"Oh... I mean, yeah, if you want to, is there something wrong?" Shane looks over from what he's doing, and I can see that he's concerned. I shake my head quickly,

"No, nothing's wrong, I'm just worried because he usually texts me back pretty soon after I text him, and I still haven't heard from him." Shane nods his head,

"I haven't either actually, it's been a while since we've talked. I feel bad," Shane pouts out his lip, "I feel like he never comes around anymore..." I nod my head, we'd talked about that a couple of weeks ago, and back then, Garrett had promised to come around more at my request.

"Me too," I sigh, looking down at my phone, still nothing, "I always ask him to come over and hang out, but he always tells me he's busy."

"You should call him," Shane nudges, now seeming a little more concerned about our friend than he'd seemed earlier. "I feel bad for asking you to stay, ugh." I shake my head, knowing all too well that it'd been my fault for canceling on him. I click Garrett's contact and wait.

It rang once, twice, three times. I sigh on the fifth ring, hanging up myself. That was the icing on the cake and I officially felt like shit, I set my phone down, not really knowing what to say.

"He didn't answer..."

A/N: Let me know what you all think in the comments below! I really do love hearing from you all.

A few notes: This fic is set in the present tense, so this is all happening in Shane's new house. The point of view will alternate between Garrett and Andrew, I want to make sure each side of the story is being lived/told. The second half of the chapter will be posted as soon as I get feedback from you guys!! However, the next chapters will be scheduled! I hope you guys love this fic as much as I've grown to love writing it!

<3 Nicole

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One Continued...

"Well, maybe he's asleep?"

"At 6 o'clock on a Friday?" Shane arches his eyebrow and pulls out his own phone, "let me try." He dials Garrett's number, pressing his phone to his cheek.

"Hello?" Shane's eyes instantly, widen, as do mine, Garrett clears his throat, "Shane? Hello?"

"Garrett!" Shane struggles to speak, still a little shocked at the fact that he'd completely ghosted me, but answered on the first ring with Shane, "What's up? Whatcha up to?"

"I'm just hanging out; did you need something? Is everything okay?"

I'm not sure how to feel, I stare at my phone, almost embarrassed at the fact that he'd ignored my call. I check my phone first to see if there was something wrong with it, I decide to call Morgan.

"Hello?" She answers right away, to my demise, I bite my lip.

"Hey, sorry to bother you, I was just testing my phone to see if it was making calls."

"Oh, no problem! Why didn't you call Garrett?"

"I did, he didn't answer."

"Oh! Oh... well, maybe he's busy." I shake my head, feeling annoyed

"No, that's not it, Shane just called him and he picked up right away."

"Dang... Is there something going on with you two?"

"No! No, no! At least... I don't think so, but he's probably mad at me for canceling our plans."

"Why did you cancel?"

"Shane asked me to edit."

"Oh, I see, well I'm sure Garrett understands­­!" I shrug my shoulders, not buying it.

"I don't know..."

"Don't worry too much about it, just hang out with him tomorrow! Go grab lunch or coffee, I know he misses you a lot." I bite my lip and now I feel even worse for canceling on him.

"I will. Thanks for the call, Morgan."

"No problem! I'll talk to you later."

"Bye." I hang up the phone still not knowing what to do. Shane's hung up with Garrett, and he turns around when I hang up with Morgan.

"That was so weird."

"I feel so bad, I should've just gone over to his house as we'd planned."

"Well hey, maybe he didn't see your call, I mean, he seemed fine on the phone with me." I shrug my shoulders for the tenth time tonight, not really wanting to talk about it anymore.

"Maybe."

**

I ended up falling asleep over at Shane's, we'd moved to the couch once it'd turned about 11, and Ryland force fed us chipotle.

"You haven't eaten since breakfast, that's not healthy Shane!"

"Nothing about me is healthy!" Shane laughs as he sits down on the couch, resting his laptop on his lap.

After we'd eaten, we'd watched a few YouTube videos on Shane's tv, which led to me immediately falling asleep on the couch and when I wake up Shane's gone and so is Ryland. I sit up, rubbing my eyes, debating on whether or not I should stay but I look at the clock on my phone and see that it's already three in the morning, there was no way I was driving home only to wake up in a couple of hours and drive back. So I crawl off the couch and walk down the hallway to the guest bedroom.

I'm about to fall asleep when I hear my phone ring, I roll over, hoping to see Garrett's name flashing on the screen, but no, it was only Morgan. I make a face, wondering why she'd be calling at this time, but I answer anyway.

"Hello?"

"Andrew? Hey! Did you ever get a hold of Garrett?" I can tell that something's wrong just by the sound of her voice and sit up instantly.

"No, I wasn't able to, I figured I'd just give him space and then try again tomorrow, why? What's up?"

"Nothing, nothing, it's just that... he's passed out in some bar right now,"

"Wait, what? How do you know? Are you there?"

"I'm not there, my friend is though, she just sent me a picture of him because she knew I'm friends with him."

"Oh my God," a wave of guilt crashing over me, I start to put my shoes on, "well, what bar is it? I'll go pick him up and bring him home."

"Don't worry about it, I'm already almost there, I'll take him home and make sure he makes it into bed alright."

"Are you sure?" I bite my lip, that should be me taking care of him, hell, I should've been the one buying the damn shots. "Fuck, Morgan, I'm such a shit friend, I can't even begin to tell you how bad I feel."

"You're not a shit friend, don't be ridiculous, Andrew." I shake my head, feeling even worse.

"I shouldn't have bailed..." I mutter.

"Don't beat yourself up, Andrew. Shane needs you and Garrett knows that he'll be okay. He probably didn't even mean to get this drunk, I'm sure you two will talk it out in the morning and everything will be fine. Go back to sleep and I'll text you once Garrett is safe and sound in his bed. I sigh, knowing that it's the best option I nod my head, forgetting that I was on the phone.

"Okay. Thank you, Morgan, thanks for calling and yes, please let me know when he gets home, and make sure he eats something... He loves Mcdonalds when he's drunk, but he may settle for Jack in the Box, he likes the number three."

"You are so in love with him." She mutters, "I mean... Thank you! I'll call you when we get to his place and he's eaten." I decide to ignore her comment about me and try to focus on Garrett.

"Thank you."

"I got this, Siwicki, try and get some rest." I knew that wasn't going to be happening at all but I tell her that I'd try.

She hangs up the phone and I try my best to get some sleep. I end up staring at the ceiling for a good hour and a half before she calls again.

"Update, I got him Jack in the Box and now we are on our way to his house, he seems pretty okay, he's not angry drunk Garrett, he's really quiet and I think he's listening to me right now actually," I smile at the fact that Morgan had said he wasn't angry, and listen as she talks to him, "do you want to talk to Andrew?"

"Fuck no." He mutters, and I can hear Morgan pull the phone closer to herself.

"Did you hear that?" I wish I hadn't.

"Yeah... Thank you for taking care of him."

"Call him tomorrow, I'll try to calm him down."

"You don't have too, I'll come by his place tomorrow, I need to apologize anyway."

"Well, don't be too hard on yourself," I bite my lip, I hated that she kept saying that, of course, I was going to be hard on myself for bailing on Garrett.

"Thanks, Morg,"

"Well, I gotta go help Garrett into his house, I'll text you when he's asleep."

"Sounds good, thank you."

"Of course, goodnight Andrew."

"Goodnight, Morgan." I hang up for the night and toss my phone to the other side of the bed, I just wanted this night to be over with. "I should've gone and gotten him myself," I mutter standing up from my spot on the bed, I search in the closet for a pair of extra clothes I'd left the other day and walk to the shower, not wanting to sleep at all anymore.

I didn't feel better after my shower, but at least I was clean. I dry my hair off with a towel and toss it into the hamper down the hall, I'd have to do laundry soon, I think I'd stayed over at Shane's four out of the five past visits and the towels were starting to pile up. I walk back to the bedroom, my phone buzzing slightly I look over to see the message from Morgan,

He's asleep, and not as mad anymore, just call him tomorrow please, he misses you.

I decide not to text back, there was no point, and try to go to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 7.7K 30
We told him what happened, we told him what we saw. But he still didn't believe.
Mine By Rhys

Fanfiction

27.3K 1.4K 14
Mew thought he was going to live a peaceful and normal life But little did he think he would catch the eye of someone even the whole world can't catc...
20K 1.5K 44
in which he finds his exception.
23K 1.2K 12
sorry doesn't cut it. ⚠ trigger warning: cancer, angst ⚠ COMPLETE | November 2017 Sheera Ayame