Forbidden Love- USWNT

By uswnt-fanfic

Christen is the new varsity soccer coach at Pinewood High School after moving from Sweden because of a scanda... More

Welcome to Pinewood
The Student
Party at Servando's
A Late Night
Keep My Mind Busy
Win, feelings, and Strange Calls
Cars, clothes, and Calories
The Forbidden Kiss
Avoid... if possible
Keep Calm, Stay Strong
The Mistake
Everything's Going to be Just Fine
Clearing the Air
The Bachelor
Mini Golf
Unwelcomed Visitors
Sweet Thoughts to Not
My Highlight of the Day was...
Where's Christen?
Say Your Goodbyes
Ms. Tom Cruise
Fox Bridge
Home Sweet Home
*BONUS CHAPTER*

Roll Through the Punches

3.8K 68 6
By uswnt-fanfic

Hey guys, thanks for hanging in here, just trying to balance life's shiz, but here's another chapter. (Kinda long) But enjoy! 

Tobin's Pov. 

I shot up from the bleacher and stormed away from Christen. I heard her calling me back, but I ignored her. I couldn't believe I was going against her, but I need to play this week's game. But my chances are pretty slim at this point.

 I grabbed my soccer bag and headed for my car. I threw my bag on the passenger seat and immedietely started heading home. 

As I reached home, I saw my mom in the garage, while my brother was playing with our neighbour's dog. 

"Hey Tobs, how was practice?" Asked my brother after I turned off my car. 

"It was fine, until Coach told me I can't play this week's game," I said coldly. 

"Why, something the matter honey?" asked my mom worriedly. 

"I just had a really hard fall today, but I'm going to try to make me play," I soothed. 

"Well if Coach Press says you shouldn't play then I'd do as she says," my mom says. 

"God, why do you have to agree with her. Its like everyone's against me nowadays!" I complained. 

"Honey, we're just trying to make the right decisions." 

"Yeah, whatever," I grabbed my bag and again stormed away inside to be by myself. 

During my shower, I found myself scrubbing more aggressively because of me being pissed at litteraly everyone. 

I threw on a loose oversized shirt and a pair of soccer shorts and started working on my homework. 

I blasted my playlist that was called, "jams" and got lost in my own world. During the game, Chirs will just realize how important I am. 

Game Day 

During the whole day, teammates were hyped about our game against Columbus. Last year, we had to go over time, score 1-1 and with just five minutes left, I gave a beautiful cross to Alex, who headed it right into the goal. 

Everyone went wild, and after the game we had a big party with just teammates at Ashlyn's house. 

That was when Alex and I first kissed, and ultimately our relationship started. 

I was sitting in physics, the last class before lunch. Waiting for the bell to ring, I began tapping my fingers on the table. 

"Piss, Tobin, quite it!" hissed Morgan sitting behind me. 

I turned around, "sorry Moe." 

The bell rung, and I shot up and grabbed my things to head up to the cafeteria. 

I walked with Kelley to our lockers, and caught up with Allie and Julie. 

We headed to the cafeteria, grabbed some food, and sat down at our usual spot. The rest of the team came trickling in, and as soon as we had everyone, the table became very loud. 

I kinda sat quietly to myself, playing with my pasta. Everyone was talking about the game, but I knew I wasn't going to play. I would get ready as if I was, but that was all. 

"Hey Tobin, what's up?" asked Allie. 

"Nothing, just tired I guess," I lied. No body knew about me, and I didn't want people's spirit goign down and getting worried. 

"Anything I can do?" 

"Just keep hyping about the game, that's all!" I said with a fake smile. 

She laughed and gave me a high-five. Inside I felt down about my situation. 

I heard some loud voices behind us, and turned around to see Servando and his group of guys comin in. I groaned. 

Alex looked up too, but immedietely put her head down. I turned back, and kept my eyes on the pasta. I could feel his cold eyes staring right at me. 

Allie, Moe, and Julie could tell at this awkward situation and decided to take action, "hey you guys done? Let's go to the courtyard!" suggested Julie. 

We nodded, and got up to go to the courtyard. As soon as we left the cafeteria, I sighed out in relief. 

Alex and I haven't talk after that crazy night at Ashlyn's, and I was in no hurry to. Yes, we had a one night stand, but I was not going to allow it affect the team. 

We spent the remaining time in the courtyard, just talking and chilling. I layed on the grass and bathed in the sun's semi-hot day. 

The bell rung, and it was time for class again. 

After School

I was able to survive the rest of the day, and I was so happy to be done, even though I wasn't playing. 

I walked to the locker room, to see almost everyone else there. Music was blasting, and Megan and Crystal were dancing. 

"Ric Flair drip go "woo" on a bitch. Fifty-seven ninety split the coupe on my wrist Multi-million dollar, I'm a fool with the hits!" Both sang out to Ric Flair Drip.

I chose an empty space and started throwing on the uniform. I pulled out the white jersey with blue going down the sides. 

After throwing on the clothes, I walked to the mirror and put my hair in a tight ponytail and added some water to flatten out the baby hairs. 

"You ready Tobin?!" asked Moe all hyped up. 

"Hell ya!" 

The team soon filed out and walked out to the field, where we started warming up. The away team didn't arrive yet, and we usual got here early, so people were doing their own thing. 

I grabbed a ball and started juggling. I stadium's speakers started up, and played Crystal's playlist, since the team decided she had the best taste in music. 

I then heard a whistle blow, and saw Coach Press, Lloyd, and O'hara coming. The team gathered around them, and started listening to the plan. 

I knew I wasn't going to play, but I still wanted to know what the objective was going to be. 

"Alright, today's starters are as follows," began Christen. Here we go. I thought. 

"Up top is Alex and Mal, Midfield will be Megan,Rose, and Julie, defense will hold Crystal, Becky, Casey, and Emily and of course Ashlyn in goal."

I saw Allie give me a confused look, but I shrugged. The team began warming up, while I followed. I knew Christen wasn't going to pull me off for warmup. 

We saw the away team's bus pulling up, and saw the girls coming out. Last year, they had a really good goalie named Hope Solo, but she went off to college and a really fast forward who was also a senior, but fortuenly we didn't have to deal with her anymore. 

"Keep your focuse here ladies, don't get distracted!" Called out Megan. 

After thirty minutes, it was game time. The stadium was pretty full of fans on both sides. 

People were yelling the I Believe We Will Win cheer and other crazy stuff. 

Th ref called for captains, and Megan and Becky went over for the coin toss. I sat on the bench, ready to do some cheering for 90+ minutes straight. 

Christen then sat next to me, making me look away. 

"I know this is hard, but this is for your own good."

I looked at her, focusing my eyes on her's, "I know, and I'm sorry." 

She nodded, and patted my back before talking to the captains. 

The ref blew is whistle, and the game began. At first, it was kinda slow, but we soon got into the groove of things. Becky passed it down the side to Morgan, who passed the other team's medifield and swtiched the field to Julie. 

She took it the rest of the way, and past a defender, before crossing it to Alex. She got her head connected to the ball, but unfortuently the goalie was at the right place, and stopped her. 

The crowd groaned, and was on the edge of the bench, "come on girls, kepe the pressure!" I yelled. 

The rest of the half went the same. Both sides making shots on the goal, but none could pass the goalies. 

When the ref blew is whistle, we groaned slightly and walked over to our spot to gather and re-collegect ourselves. 

I sat down, and Allie sat next to me, "hey, why aren't you out there? You could be helping us!" 

"Coach probs wants to save me. Its still 0-0, so we got time." 

She nodded, and took a sip of water. Christen walked over to us, holding her clip board. 

"Okay ladies, lets get one thing straight. I'm seeing great stuff from defense, but offense, where ya at? We usual make those shots guys. Supposedly we have one of the best midfielders and forwards in this state, and we can't get the score 2-0."

None of us said anything. Not even Megan who'd say something we're not doing right. I looked around and saw players tired, a little bruised up, or just out of it. 

"We can do this, I just need you guys to keep the moment going, and communication." 

"Captains, your turn," she said before walking towards Lloyd and O'hara. 

Megan and Becky stood up and walked in front of us. 

"I know this is hurting us guys, but look at the crowd, look at tonight. We're going to make history for Pinewood. I'm not going to give up on you guys. I'm not going to hang my head and say to myself, this is it, we're done. No! We're going to keep fighting. This is our turf, our home, our pride!" said Megan. Damn, she can give one hell of an inspiriation speech. 

"And to others who are not starters, or not playing as much, you guys still matter as much as those who are starters. You guys are just important, and we need to keep that spirit on the bench. Keep cheering for your teammates, because that will give us more motivation to keep going," added Becky. Damn. 

The ref blew his whistle and we had to go back on. 

Both teams got ready, both ready to pumble the other. The whistle blew, and we were on our way again. 

It was the 65th minute, and Julie had the ball. She took a midfieler head on, and megged her and pushed through another player. 

Everyone was cheering, standing up for the goal that could happen.

"Push up everyone!" said Becky from the back. We were all on our seats. Julie was now in the box, and the goalie stepped out to meet her. 

Julie was about to pass it to Mal, but the goalie met her right before, and saved the ball. Julie tumbled down. 

Everyone moaned. I then heard yelling out on the field. I saw Julie crying, holding her leg. 

"Oh no," Christen whispered. 

Coach ran out with Lloyd to Julie. Both teams went into seperate huddles, recovering and communicating. 

"It hurts!" I heard Julie yell. My heart dropped for Julie. 

"Damn, she worked so hard this season," said Alyssa. 

"It's not her knee is it?" I asked. I would hate if she tore her ACL. 

"No, she's holding her shin." 

Slowly, Julie stood up and was helped by Christen and Lloyd off the field. People started clapping for her, and talked to one another. 

I didn't know what was going to happen. As soon as Christen arrived to us, she set Julie down and Lloyd began helping her. 

"What now Coach," asked Rose. 

She thoguth for a moment. She looked worried and I thought someone needed to help her, but she cleared her throat, "we're going to play on, we're just going to have two midifielders right now." 

"Hey, what about Tobin?" asked Allie from the field.

"Not right now," was all she said. 

I groaned to myself. The ref then blew his whistle and we had to continue. I walked over to Julie, who was in tears still. 

"Hey, we'll get through this, your not alone," I comforted. 

"It hurts Tobin, I feel like I broke my shin," she said in between each sob. 

"We're going to get to the bottom of this," I said. I couldn't say it was going to be all right, because I didn't want to jinks it. 

The team was struggling. We were mostly playing on our half the field, and Columbus was gaining ground on us. 

I saw Christen on edge, walking back and forth. In the 75th minute, the team had the ball, and one fast forward took it head on against Ashlyn. She stepped out, trying to make herself big. 

The forward slipped past Ashlyn, and tapped it into the goal. The Columbus team and fans went wild. 

This is a nightmare. I heard Christen groan out loud, and walked over to me. 

"Tobin,  I hope to god everythings going to be alright," as she nodded for me to go in. 

My whole body went wild inside. She's actually going to make me play?! I quickly warmed up before jogging to the center line to sub in for Julie. 

The crowd began cheering as they saw me going in. The ref blew for me to come in, and I jumped up, and took off to my place on the right side of the field. 

"Alright Tobin, let's go!" I heard Allie and Moe yell. 

I felt ready, and I was going to avenge Julie. The ref blew his whistle, and I took off down the line where Mal shot it towards me. 

I controlled the ball with ease, and saw a player coming at me. I smirked, and waited for the right moment to meg her. 

The crowd went wild, and started cheering.

I looked up to see Alex running towards the goal, waving her arm to cross. I passed a defender, and saw three people coming at me. 

I kept the ball tight close to me, and maneuvered myself around them. I then past it to Alex, and she drilled it right in. 

Everyone went crazy and started cheering. Alex then jumped on, celebrating our small victory. I winched slightly as I felt her body hit my side. 

"Nice goal Alex," I complimented. 

"Thanks, nice cross, "she said in her raspy voice. 

I looked over to the sideline to see Christen giving me a thumbs up. I gave one in return, and headed back. 

The score was 1-1, and it was the 89th minute. We'd have to score or go into over time. Wee had the ball and I was passing a player with ease, and came up against a defender before going head on and passing her. 

I saw Alex again running to the goal, and as I was taking a cross, someone drilled right into me. I felt my side just explode, and feeling sheer pain shooting everywhere. I couldn't see what was happening, but I then heard the crowd go wild again. 

I slowly looked up, and saw the ball in the net, and everyone cheering. Teammates came running up to me, "you alright? We got another goal!" said Allie. 

I shook off the pain and got up, "yeah, hell of a shot." 

And finally, the ref blew his whistle and that was game. We all cheered, and after saying, "good game," to the other team, we ran over to the crowd and thanked them for coming out. 

"Hey, chilling at my place, who's in?" said Ashlyn. 

Everyone said they'd go, and since I didn't have homeowork, why the hell not? 

I asked my parents, and they said that was okay and gave me a hug before heading out. 

I began taking off my cleats and shin guard. I found myself pretty slow compared to everyone else, as my side was hurting like shit. 

"I'll catch up with you guys, need to take care of some things," I said in the locker room. 

They nodded and took off to Ashlyn's house. I slowly took off my jersey, grunting at the pain.

I looked at it, and saw a big bruise running down the side of my ribs. 

"That looks like it hurts, want some help?" I looked up to see Christen. 

To respond, I moved to my right to give her space to sit. She sat down, and pulled out an ace rapping. 

"Nice crosses tonight 17," as she gently started wrapping the ace around my torso. 

"Thanks, I had to get the job done." 

"I was fighting with myself, do I put you in, do I risk it?" 

"And why did you?" I asked. 

"I knew the school's history with Columbus, and I thought I can't be the coach that loses to them," she explained. 

"So this was for your reputation?" I teased. 

"N-no, I didn't mean it like that," she stuttered. 

"Relax, I'm kidding," I smiled. She sighed in relief. She then grabbed a first aid kit, and pulled out a couple of pins. 

"Why are you here, and this isn't an accusation, but out of curiosity," I cleared. 

"I dunno, I don't have anything to do tonight, and I saw you struggling after the game and didn't see you come out of the locker and wanted to check in?" 

"Thanks," I said. 

She looked up at me and smiled. God that smile kills me. I then looked at her lips, and felt butterflies in my stomach. 

I slowly leaned in, but stopped and looked at Christen's eyes. 

"We shouldn't be doing this," I whispered. 

"I know, but..." she said. We both closed the little space between us, and passionately started kissing. 

I could tast her chapstick and I slowly grabbed her torso. I felt her arms go around my neck. 

I got lost in this moment, I didn't want this to end, but knew one, I needed air, and two, I needed to assess this. 

I broke her contact and looked at her. 

"I'm sorry," was all I said. 

"Don't be, I wanted this," she said. 

We sat in silence for a moment, "I liked it though," I said. She turned to look at me, "me too," she agreed. 

"Christen, I'm wonering, and I know this is going to sound weird, but wanna go get some food with me?" 

"I would love that, any place in particular?" 

"I got some ideas," I said, giving her my million dollar smile. 

"Great, so is this a date?" She asked. 

"Wanna it to be?" She looked at me, smiled and nodded. 

Holy crap, I'm going on a date with Christen Press. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 707 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
6.6K 159 17
"I didn't know what had happened to me, but ever since the night before, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. The thought of our hands touc...
195K 5.7K 52
This story is about two twins who both play soccer and come from a rough home life. Soccer is their safe place. What happens when the USWNT visits th...
3.3K 163 10
Inspired by my one shot of the same name, this short story features Tobin Heath and Christen Press. Staying with her family while recovering from a s...