The Captain And I (Captain Am...

By ciaras97

Morgan and Steve are living life on the run together. Facing all of the odds together. But they'll be facing... More

Chapter One: You Can't Run From The Truth
Chapter Two: Please
Chapter Three: Not A Good Feeling
Chapter Four: We Will
Chapter Five: Arrest Me
Chapter Six: Not Me
Chapter Seven: Secrets
Chapter Eight: Wakanda
Chapter Nine: A Vision
Chapter Ten: Wish You Were Here
Chapter Eleven: War
Chapter Thirteen: This Is It
Chapter Fourteen: Join Him
Chapter Fifteen: Sweet Victory
Authors Note
Chapter Sixteen: Oh God
Chapter Seventeen: It's Over
NEW BOOK!

Chapter Twelve: Run

3.4K 89 22
By ciaras97

Just when I thought it was over, the ground shook. Suddenly the outriders on top of me were sent flying off. I got up quickly, and saw Thor. He apparently also had a tree man and raccoon with him. But,I have never been happier to see that man in my life. 

I felt a wave of relief as I saw Steve stand up too. He looked mostly unharmed. Then, before I could make a move he came sprinting towards me. He grabbed me in a hug, not caring that everything around us was falling apart.

"I'm sorry," he whispered in my ear. 

"It's okay," I told him.

But, we both came back down to reality. There was still a war going on and what could be the end of everything as we know it.

"You guys are screwed now!" Bruce yelled, referencing Thor. I knew Thor was a huge help in all of this and we really had a chance now. 

"Bring me Thanos!" Thor yelled, using his hammer. One that I hadn't seen before. Thor then flew in the sky, I had never seen so much lighting radiate off of him.  He came down with such fury it sent so many of the outriders flying. 

We all continued fighting, it was like we had a new purpose. I was using every last bits of my powers to stop these things. I knew we had only one chance at this. That whatever was coming for us wasn't going to give second chances. 

Then I looked towards the edge of the barrier and there was something coming from underneath. I watched in horror as these spike underground disc type vehicles come roaring from underneath. 

"Move!" I yelled.

"Fall back! Fall back now!" T'Challa yelled, warning everyone too. 

I saw one coming straight for me and a group of Wakandian soldiers. I forced, with all I had, the thing into the air, moving it to another vehicle like it. The two crashed into one another and began cutting each other in half. 

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Natasha and Okoye in the path of several of the vehicles. I teleported in front of them, not even sure I could lift that many. I pushed with all my strength, but felt relief. I turned and saw Wanda behind me, her red aura helping move the machines. 

We both looked at each other and nodded, sending the machines hurtling at the outriders behind us. 

"Why was she up there all this time?" Okoye asked. "Where has she been?" 

There wasn't much time before a new wave of outriders was around us. We were fighting each new one that came our way.

"Guys we got a Vision situation here," Sam said into our earpieces. 

"Somebody get to Vision!" Steve yelled into his. 

"I got him," Banner yelled. 

"I'm on it," Wanda and I both said. I knew I could get to him quick. I could teleport to his location. 

I teleported quickly towards where I saw Banner going. I knew Wanda would be right behind. I was gone in a second, leaving behind the girls. I knew they could take care of business.

I saw Banner fly over the two aliens who had Vision, Corvus Glaive and Cull Obsidian. I teleported in front of him, feeling small standing next to all of them. 

"Oh no you don't," Banner started. "This isn't going to be like in New York, pal. This suit's already kicked the crap out of Hulk." 

"You gotta get through us," I warned, holding up my hands in a defensive stance.I let them glow as a warning. 

"What? No! No!" Banner yelled as I watched his arm get clamped in Obsidian's metal arm. The two took off, his rockets carrying them away from Glaive and I. 

"Then there were three?" I offered. 

"Guys! Vision and Morgan need back up!" I heard Banner say into the earpiece.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence," I muttered into mine, keeping my eyes on Glaive, who was holding his spear. We were circling one another now. Neither of us dared to make the first move, yet. 

"You really should leave before it's too late, there is no-one here to protect you now," Glaive warned, my eyes still not moving from his. 

"I'll take my chances," I said, smiling at him. 

He let out a growl as he lunged for me. I rolled out of the way, just in time. His spear grazed my good arm, I could feel the leather on my suit rip under its steely touch. 

"You're going to have to be faster than that," I taunted, inviting him to lunge again. 

This time he did, but I anticipated it and teleported behind him, kicking the back of his knee, sending him to the ground. 

He rolled quickly though, my metal fist missing him by inches. He grabbed a hold of my arm, slinging me to the side, I rolled in the dirt. I quickly pushed myself back to my feet. 

He was on offense and sending so many hits and kicks I was too busy on defense to use my powers. I was now glad for all the hand to hand I spent learning. His spear went flying at me once more, this time I blocked it with my metal arm, the sound ringing throughout the forest. 

This made him smile, as he did so I felt something attach itself to me, then a shock was sent through my entire body. I gasped as I was sent to my knees, still shuddering from the electric waves going through me. 

"What the hell?" I managed to gasp out. 

"You shouldn't be so cocky," he told me. 

I shook my head at Vision, who was trying to make his way towards me. No doubt wanting to get whatever device Glaive had put on me off. 

"Run!" I told him. 

"Someone Vision needs help," I managed to get out into the earpiece. Each word came out in shaky breathes. 

But, it was too late. Glaive sent his weapon through Vision. 

"No!" I shouted. 

"I thought you were a formidable machine. But you're dying like any man. As useless as she is," Glaive said, rubbing it in. 

I tried crawling forward but my whole body seized as another current washed through me. I let out another scream. 

He pulled the weapon out and Vision fell to the ground. Just as I thought he was going to get him one more time, Steve came running in. He tackled Glaive to the ground. 

"Get outta here!" Steve yelled to Vision. I watched as he frantically made eye contact with me. He looked over me, no doubt seeing the incredible pain I was in. 

I watched helplessly as he punched Glaive over and over, using the shields at the end of his arms to make the impact worse. 

"Go!" 

Steve's POV

I yelled for someone to get eyes on Vision. I knew they were going after him now that we were all down here occupied. 

I felt my heart seize as Morgan was one of the only ones to respond. But, I knew she'd be able to get to him quick. 

I continued to fight off even more outriders, it was like they never ended. I would fight one off just to have five more take its place. 

But, as I was sending more flying I heard Banner over the earpiece. 

"Guys! Vision and Morgan need back up!" 

"Thanks for the vote of confidence," Morgan replied, trying to lighten things up. But, I could detect the edge in her voice. I knew she was taking this seriously. 

I knew I had to get there quick. I went sprinting towards the tree line where they all went in. I was running quicker than I ever had before. 

Then I heard Morgan's voice again. "Someone Vision needs help." 

Her words came out in shaky breathes, like she was hurt. This made me run even faster than I thought possible. I had to get to that stone. I had to get to my wife. 

I ran in just in time, I ran straight for Glaive as he went to stab Vision. I turned and told him to run. 

I made eye contact with Morgan, she was on the ground, convulsing. I needed to take care of this guy, I needed to help her. 

"Go!" I turned and yelled at Vision. If he didn't get out of here this would be for nothing. If Glaive got his hands on him it would all be for nothing.

~A/N Hey everyone! I had some extra time today so I went crazy with writing. Hopefully this one makes up for the two shorter chapters! 

QOTC: What is your favorite part of this chapter? 

As always vote and comment if you enjoyed! I love seeing your replies and getting to talk with everyone!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.9K 1.5K 56
Sequel of Rumors of War, The Immortality War, Winter's War, and War Torn. Book Five of Five Set during Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. ...
228K 9.3K 57
It's post CA:CW. The Avengers have split, a mysterious organization is hunting down Bucky Barnes, and Team Cap is struggling with their loss of the f...
87.7K 2.6K 49
It's the end of the world... There are no other choices left to be made. Desperation is in the air. The Avengers and Morgan must make one final decis...
541 48 16
BOOK 3 OF THE STEVE SERIES After being on the run for years Vi finally heads back home with Steve and the others who also fled. Now reunited with the...