OUTCASTS | THE ORIGINALS

By arios2004

In which Cadence Delacroix, a siphoner witch who was shunned out of her coven for being an abomination, unexp... More

EXTENDED SUMMARY
CAST + PLAYLIST
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27

3

20.2K 653 309
By arios2004

OUTCASTS
— 03. Tangled Up in Blue

  In front of the Jardin Gris Voodoo Shop, Rebekah waited outside and turned to greet Sophie and Cadence, who was approaching her from down the street, "Oh, so glad the two of you could make it," Rebekah greeted them sarcastically, "Elijah only lies daggered and rotting whilst you dilly-dally."

"You're lucky I came at all," Cadence replied with an attitude, "I'm supposed to be at work in five minutes."

"No need to worry about that, love," Rebekah assured her, a smirk on her face when she noticed the confused look on Cadence's face, "Nik compelled your boss to give you the day off while giving the pay."

"Hmm," Cadence responded, her eyes lighting up as she nodded her head, quick to agree after she gifted her with a day off from work, "Okay then. Sounds good to me."

"What do you want?" Sophie asked Rebekah, butting into the conversation before turning to glance at Cadence, "And what is she doing here?"

Cadence began to glare at Sophie, hearing the distaste she had for her in the witch's tone. She was used to it, of course, but she'd be lying if she said it didn't hurt her.

She, Katie, Sabine, and Sophie were friends once, even after Cadence was shunned. However, that changed when Cadence fell pregnant with a werewolf's children and joined sides with Marcel. It was two things that left Sophie, Katie, and Sabine with no choice but to cut all ties.

If they didn't, they knew they'd be facing consequences at the hands of their own coven.

 "Hayley was attacked last night by Marcel's crew because somebody told him there was a werewolf in the Quarter," Rebekah informed the two girls, even though Cadence already knew about it since she had been there, "She only made one stop. Whoever saw her here ratted her out. Watch and learn."

   Rebekah turned and walked into the shop. Instead of walking inside just yet, Sophie turned to Cadence to see what she was going to do. Cadence shrugged her shoulders, just before following Rebekah into the shop without a care in the world.

Inside the shop, Katie came out from a back room with a box, and smiled when she saw Sophie, "Hey, Soph," She greeted her friend before turning her head to see Cadence, a former friend of hers, "Cadence."

"Hey, Katie," Cadence responded, her tone implying that she wasn't that happy to be seeing Katie, which was obvious. 

Katie turned her head to see Rebekah touching a necklace hanging from a stand, and showed no sign of recognition toward her, "That's filled with marigold; Great for attracting the opposite sex," She informed Rebekah brightly, "It would look awesome on you!"

"I very seriously doubt that," Rebekah told Katie as she stalked toward her. Sophie and Cadence stood off to the side, both of which were clearly nervous about what Rebekah was about to do, "Do you have any others, one with, say, I don't know...." She trailed off in a sarcastic tone, "Wolfsbane, perhaps?"

   Clearly being caught off guard, Katie stopped what she was doing, her widening. Not wanting to give herself away, Katie continued setting up some new items at the shop around the room, "Wolfsbane?" She questioned, clearly playing dumb, "Why would you want that?"

 Rebekah vamp-sped toward Katie, holding her in a chokehold, "Please do not play dumb with me." She demanded in a threatening tone as she shook her head in disapproval.

Before anyone in the shop could react, Rebekah picked her up and slammed her flat onto her back on a table, "Rebekah!" Cadence shouted in warning, a horrified look on her face.

Katie gasped out as she struggled to breathe through Rebekah's tight chokehold, "I just sold a werewolf some herbs," She managed to get out, "That's all."

"Are you lying to me, Katie?" Rebekah questioned as Katie continued to gasp for breath, "I suggest you answer my question honestly."

"Sophie—" Katie began to say, but Sophie soon cut her off.

   Sophie let out a large uncomfortable sigh before responding, "Just answer the question, Katie," She insisted quickly, knowing they didn't have much time before Rebekah decided to kill Katie due to getting no answers from her, "Please."

"Yes. I told someone, but you don't understand," Katie informed her quickly, not wanting to lose her life for not answering in enough time, "I—I love him."

  Rebekah, clearly caught off guard for a moment by the girl's response, froze briefly, just before violently throwing Katie down onto the floor. She took a step closer to Katie, holding the heel of her stiletto dangerously close to the girl's throat, "And tell me, who is this vampire Romeo of yours?" She questioned the female witch curiously, "Shall I count to three?"

Katie remained silent, knowing she or her boyfriend would most likely die if anyone found out.

Cadence, who couldn't bare watching the sight anymore, sighed in defeat. "Thierry Vanchure," She suddenly spoke up, causing the three other woman to turn to Cadence in shock, "He's Marcel's best friend, his right hand man. The only one who Marcel trusts completely in his inner circle."

 Katie stared up at Cadence, a betrayed look on her face. Cadence stared back at her, trying to hide her guilt. She said it to save Katie, but it wasn't like she or Sophie would actually believe that. After all these years, they only thought the worst of the siphon witch.

_____

    Later on that day, instead of being at work like she usually was at that time, Cadence was roped into helping Klaus and Rebekah. No matter how much she didn't want to harm Marcel by helping the Original duo, she felt inclined to after Klaus helped her not once, but twice.

She sat beside Sophie on a couch in Klaus' study while Rebekah and Klaus stood nearby. After they had heard Klaus' plan for that night, both females witches looked at the immortal hybrid incredulously, "Are you out of your mind?" Sophie asked Klaus in disbelief, "No way."

"It's very simple," Rebekah tried to convince Sophie as she paced around the room, "We need you, with the aid of Cadence, to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother."

"Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and then they get killed." Sophie reminded the Originals, clearly growing annoyed. Her sister was a prime example of what happens to witches who don't follow that rule. 

"Yes, about that," Klaus spoke up, walking closer to the group of three females, "It seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal. Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic..." He trailed off, allowing Rebekah, who was now sitting in a chair to finish for him.

"Girl about yey high, cute as a button, anger issues?" She questioned, holding her hand upwards to indicate how tall Davina was.

     Cadence shifted uncomfortably in her seat while Sophie looked shocked when she realized who they were talking about, "Davina?" She asked, her eyes wide in realization, "Where have you seen her?"

"I don't know," Rebekah admitted, letting out a large sigh in annoyance, "The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind."

Cadence smiled slightly, shaking her head. Klaus turned to her, clearly noticing the fact that she found the revelation amusing. It was clear, she knew more than she was letting on. It was why she was so quiet.

  Cadence turned her head to see Klaus staring and immediately stopped smiling, not wanting to give herself away any more than she already had.

"Let me cut to the chase," Klaus stated, pointing at both women, "Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel."

"I don't," Cadence muttered under her breath, but it was obvious.

"We don't know where she is," Klaus continued on, deciding to not respond to her comment, "Ergo, we need magic."

    Cadence sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose, "Haven't you learned anything?" She asked Klaus in annoyance, "Davina would sense it."

"Unless, of course, another witch..." Rebekah trailed off, leaning forward in her seat, "Say, a traitor to the cause, Katie for example—was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen, concealing your very small spell from Davina."

Cadence turned, exchanging a look with Sophie before shaking her head in disapproval, "Katie may be considered a traitor, but she doesn't deserve to die," She complained, clearly not agreeing with their antics.

   Klaus angrily slammed his hands on the table before standing up to face her, Cadence showing no fear toward him. She had experience with people that had serious anger issues. Much of it. 

"Cadence Delacroix!" Klaus exclaimed loudly, pausing for a moment to find a seat next to Cadence so that he could look her in the eye, "You're in no position to be so principled. Not even three days ago, you slit a woman's throat in the same room your children were in."

   A furious look on her face, Cadence leaned forward and glared at Klaus, "It was self-defense, Klaus!" She shouted at him, their faces just inches apart, "She was trying to kill them. Katie, on the other hand, doesn't deserve to be killed."

"You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be," Klaus reminded her, causing Cadence to roll her eyes, "As I said, you're in no position to be so principled."

"In no position to be so principled?" She asked in disbelief before letting out a humorless laugh, "I came here to help you because I owe you! I shouldn't even be apart of this. Marcel has never done anything to me. He's helped me my entire life. Whenever else shunned me away for being different, he never did."

"And what did he ask for in return?" Klaus questioned Cadence, who furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "Tell me, love. I know it didn't come for free. Countless times, he's used you for siphoning abilities to keep the witches in line, has he not?"

Not knowing how to respond since he had a bit of a point, Cadence let out a large sigh, just before she sat back down.

    Feeling victorious, Klaus turned to Sophie, who was next in line to be convinced, "Sophie, how many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't?" He questioned the female witch curiously, "Your sister, executed in the public square for practicing magic--who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?" He questioned her curiously, clearly hinting at something that Cadence almost instantly caught onto.

"She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down the Mississippi," Sophie explained to him in an uneasy tone.

Klaus nodded his head in response, "And who, pray tell--of Marcel's valued inner circle--manages his business at the docks?" He asked Sophie, who let out a sigh as she began to piece everything together.

"Katie's boyfriend, Thierry," Sophie responded quietly, causing Cadence to tense up.

____

      At her apartment, Cadence was in the living room, cleaning up the mess Hunter and Hayden had made with goldfish in the kitchen. The twin brothers decided that it'd be great to throw them at each other while their mother was going to the bathroom.

   Cadence used the broom to sweep all of the goldfish into the dustpan. Just then, there was a knock on the door, causing her to frown in confusion. She threw the goldfish in the trash, just before walking over to the door. She opened it, only to find Rebekah standing there.

"What are you doing here?" Cadence asked Rebekah confused, "Wait, how do you even know where I live?"

   Rebekah rolled her eyes, deciding to ignore Cadence's second question, "Tonight's going as scheduled. But instead of going to the cemetery right away with Sophie, I need you to attend Marcel's Masquerade Party."

"And why would I do that?" Cadence questioned her with an attitude and Rebekah sighed, clearly growing frustrated with her, "What? You and your brother keep forcing to do all these things for you. Do you not realize I have two sons at home to worry about? I can't be risking my life doing things like using magic. Marcel will only give me a few freebies before I get in trouble like the rest of the witches who use magic."

"I've convinced Cami to attend the Gala," Rebekah informed Cadence, "The only reason she's agreed to come is because she believes you're coming as well."

"Why the hell did you involve Cami!" Cadence exclaimed loudly, her eyes widening in disbelief.

"Well, we needed someone to distract Marcel. And from what my brother's told me, you know better than anyone that Marcel fancies her," Rebekah answered calmly, causing Cadence to groan in annoyance.

"Fine," She hesitantly decided, crossing her arms across her chest as she glared at Rebekah, "But I need a dress."

    Before Cadence could react, Rebekah held out a beautiful off the shoulder black dress, "Where--" Cadence began to ask, but before she could, the blonde vampire cut her off.

"Before you ask where I got it from, Nik has a fetish for giving pretty girls dresses," Rebekah commented, causing Cadence to furrow her eyebrows in confusion while Rebekah smiled mischievously at her.

"I'll be there in an hour," Cadence relunctantly agreed, deciding not to reply to Rebekah's comment, "I have to call the babysitter."

   Just as Rebekah was about to speak up, Cadence shut the door in her face, causing Rebekah's mouth to gape open in shock before she began to smile in amusement. 

    With that, she walked off, needing to get ready for the masquerade ball.

Cadence sighed in defeat after closing the door, an uneasy look appearing on her face.

What the hell was thinking, getting involved with original vampire business?

____

      Standing on the sidewalk just outside the compound, Cadence could already the music from inside. The two women shared a glance with each other, a smile on both of their faces. Cadence wore a tight-fitting black, off the shoulder dress that went all the down to about three inches above her knee.

  Cami wore a white dress, one that was tight, beaded and had large angel wings that fanned out behind her. Cadence knew for a fact she couldn't top that and she was totally fine with it.

Cadence let out a large sigh, just before they entered through the small corridor and into the courtyard, a place Cadence knew all too well. She had lived at the compound for almost two years, she knew the place better than she'd like to admit.

Many people were conversing with each other around the courtyard, wearing formal clothing. Colorful confetti fell from the ceiling and dancers, along with acrobats, performed for all of the attending guests.

"This place is amazing," Cami commented, glancing around in shock.

  Cadence smiled, nodding her head in agreement, "It is, isn't it?" She replied, continuing to smile as they moved further into the party.

   Soon enough, Rebekah approached them, causing the two women to stop in front of the blonde original. Rebekah wore a strapless black dress with a necklace and black feather hairpiece to go with it.

"Hello, darlings," Rebekah greeted the two girls, a smile on her face as she glanced between them, "You two look precious."

"Why thank you, Rebekah. I wouldn't be wearing such an elegant dress if it wasn't for you," Cadence replied with a smile on her face. She glanced around, continuing to smile, "I didn't expect this party to be so insane."

Cami smiled, nodding her head in agreement to what Cadence had said, "And I think I went a bit splashy with this dress." She paused, noticing a familiar individual approaching them, "Is he the famous on-again/off again?" She asked curiously as he came closer.

Cadence turned her head, only to see that it was Klaus. He wore an all black suit, which Cadence couldn't help but notice looked great on him. In a way, it matched her own dress. Had Rebekah done that on purpose?

As he strode toward the three women, Klaus kept his eyes locked on Cadence until he finally stood next to Rebekah. Only then, did his gaze shift over to Cami, "He's the brother, actually, and my sister is right," He paused, turning to look at Cadence once more as he said his next words, "You both do look stunning."

    Cadence didn't even have to force the smile that grew on her face as she kept her eyes locked on Klaus, "Well, you don't look too bad yourself." She replied playfully.

Klaus' pride immediately grew larger than it usually was as he heard Cadence's comment, "Well, don't be fooled, love, I'm the devil in disguise." He replied, causing Cadence to slowly nod her head.

"Hmm," She hummed in response as she continued to smile, "I'm sure."

Rebekah glanced between the duo as they continued to stare at each other, both of them smiling. 

 Rebekah grew uncomfortable with the silence and cleared her throat, causing Cadence to immediately turned her head to look at her, "You two chit-chat. I need booze."

     Cami glanced between Klaus and Cadence before turning to Rebekah, "I'll join," She spoke up, feeling as though being a tag along to Klaus and Cadence was the last thing she wanted.

"Do they do the eye flirt thing a lot?" Cami asked Rebekah as they walked away, not realizing Klaus could here that.

"From the times I've seen them together? Yes, they do," Rebekah confessed, rolling her eyes at the thought, "It's quite frustrating, actually. I give it a few weeks before they're sharing a bed."

"I heard that," Klaus called out to his sister, who stopped walking.

She turned to face him, smiling mischeivously before walking away with a puzzled Cami.

Klaus smiled in amusement, watching as Cami walked off with Rebekah, leaving him alone with Cadence.

Cadence sighed in defeat, watching as Cami and Rebekah headed toward the bar. She slowly turned back to Klaus, only to watch as he held out his arm to her, "Shall we?"  He questioned her curiously.

Cadence gave him a hesitant look before finally doing so, "Sure, why not?" She replied as she locked arms with him.

  The female witch remained at the hybrid's side as he brought them to the middle of the large room, where numerous couples danced to the soft music playing in the courtyard.

   Klaus grasped one of her hands while he placed his free hand on her waist. The duo began to dance to the music and it became quiet between them until Klaus finally spoke up, "We're a lot alike, you and I," He told her, causing Cadence to give him a curious look, "Both considered outcasts to the supernatural world."

"Yes, that may be true, but I don't use my abilities to cause harm to anyone around me," She retorted, maintaining her calm, "You've killed before."

"And you haven't?" Klaus questioned Cadence, raising a skeptical brow at her.

"Out of self-defense," Cadence reminded him in a low tone, "I've only killed three people in my entire life. Two to protect my sons and the third..."

"And what of the third?" Klaus asked her and Cadence remained silent. He became in deep thought, trying to figure out who the third person might be. He heard her whole life story from what Rebekah and Marcel had told her, "It was your father, wasn't it? Not your real one, of course. But the one who raised you."

Cadence kept her mouth shut as she nodded her head. She let out a sigh, just before speaking up, "He ruined my life. He physically abused me and treated me like I was an abomination my entire childhood even before it was revealed who was my true father," She paused, looking Klaus directly in the eye, "Has anyone ever treated you like that?"

  Klaus became teary-eyed as he nodded his head, but didn't show Cadence that what she told him had hit a nerve. Cadence had basically lived the modern day version of his childhood, "Yes, someone has," He admitted quietly, beginning to think of Mikael.

"About two years ago, I went to my former home. My family still lived there, but no one was home. Well, no one but my stepfather. I murdered him in cold blood. I sucked the magic out of him until there was none left and then I killed him. For the first time in a long time, I felt free," She froze for a moment, looking up at Klaus, "If we're being honest with each other, there was a fourth."

"And who might the fourth one be?" He questioned her, a fragile smile on his face.

"A member of my real father's coven," She confessed, her voice just above a whisper. She had never admitted that to anyone out loud before, "I didn't mean to. A year ago, he came to New Orleans, looking for me. My real father sent him. We became close and I ended up introducing him to the twins. He said something about a merging ceremony and that they would be the next in line to merge for the coven after these twins Lukas and Olivia did so when they turned 22. He said they were my siblings, that I had more. That I wasn't the only one who had my abilities. He said instead of using those abilities for something bad like my older brother said, I could use them for good. He was going to tell others from the coven about the twins, but I knew I couldn't have that. I couldn't let him put them at risk. I killed him right there and then, without blinking." She explained, tears threatening to spill from her eyes, "I've been telling myself it was self-defense, but I don't know anymore."

"It was," Klaus responded quietly, "You were protecting the two people you love most."

Cadence didn't respond. Instead, she glanced around, searching for Cami's whereabouts. Soon enough, she found her cousin, dancing with Marcel.

Klaus followed her gaze until his eyes locked on Marcel, "Do you trust him?" He questioned her curiously and Cadence immediately turned to him.

"I guess," She replied, shrugging her shoulders, "I trust him, but not fully. He's still a vampire. And my kind was raised to hate vampires. I also know he'll only keep me around as long as I'm on his side."

Cadence turned her head once more to see Cami now standing alone, "Excuse me," She told Klaus, who immediately let go of her hand and pulled his other away from her waist.

    She sent the hybrid a small smile, just before walking over to Cami, who remained standing alone, "Hey, I thought you were with Marcel," She stated, only to turn her head to see Cami looking up onto the second floor, where Marcel stood in front of Thierry as he shouted at him.

    The two friends were clearly in a heated argument and an expression filled with guilt appeared on Cadence's face, knowing the part she was playing in Klaus' plan was signing a death sentence to both Thierry and Katie, two people who had never done anything to truly wrong her in any way.

"Are you alright, love?" Klaus suddenly asked, walking up to the two females. He had noticed the look on Cadence's face. She was practically near tears.

She turned to look Klaus in the eye, only to see that his face wasn't filled with concern. He seemed calm about it all, "Is it time?" She asked quietly, so that Cami was unable to hear.

Klaus nodded his head in confirmation, causing Cadence to let out a sigh. She gave Klaus the look that told him to watch over Cami without actually saying it before she left the compound, off to the Lafayette Cemetery to help Katie and Sophie.

    At Lafayette Cemetery, Katie and Sophie talked inside a candlelit mausoleum in preparation for their plan. Katie was sobbing, and though Sophie didn't seem happy, she comforted her friend in her own way, "I know you think he's a monster." Katie cried out, only to be cut off as Cadence stepped out of the shadows. She walked over to the two witches, crossing her arms over her chest.

"It doesn't matter what Sophie thinks, Katie. Don't you get that?" She spoke up with an attitude, "Your vampire boyfriend killed someone of his own kind. He broke Marcel's biggest rule. You'll never see him again...Unless we do something."

"We?" Katie asked her in confusion, "We're not even friends anymore. Why would you help me?"

"Sophie wants to save your people and I want Marcel to be taken down," She told Katie, even though the part about her was a lie, "You want to save Thierry? There's only one way we can do all three."

     Meanwhile later, Cadence, Katie, and Sophie sat out in the cemetery, arranging items for a ritual, "You ready?" Sophie asked both Katie and Cadence.

Katie didn't respond. Instead, she began sprinkling sand over their tableau before they began to chant their spell, Cadence holding the hands of both Katie and Sophie as she used the magic they contained that originated from the Ancestors.

_______

      After Katie had left, Sophie and Cadence remained outside the mausoleum, where they had set up a map, a bottle of black sand, and a pocket watch to cast her locator spell. Rebekah soon entered the cemetery a moment later, and when the two female witches heard her coming, she glanced up at her, both of them looking anxious, "You're doing the right thing. Both of you. It's the only way to find Elijah." Rebekah told them, causing Cadence to scoff loudly.

"I've had one conversation with your brother," Cadence complained with an attitude, "I'm doing this because I don't want to feel like I owe anything to Klaus anymore after he saved my life."

    With that, Sophie and Cadence began their locator spell. Soon after, Rebekah grew anxious and impatient, "Hurry." She told them quickly, but was ignored as they refused to break their conversation.

   Soon enough, Sophie sensed something and stopped the spell. She let go of Cadence's hand, causing the woman to frown as she turned to her, "Something's wrong," She informed Rebekah, "Katie's magic stopped. I can keep going."

"You can't," Rebekah argued in a stern tone, "She'll sense it."

"No. I can find Davina," Sophie argued back, "I just need another moment."

Before Cadence could do it herself, Rebekah hurried and grabbed the map. She threw it and the sand aside so she couldn't continue. Sophie looked over at her, both stunned and upset, "You may be willing to die to get your witch back, but Hayley and the baby will die with you," Rebekah informed her, "Elijah will never forgive us, and rescuing him will be for nothing. It's over. We failed."

___

 Cadence went back home and gave the babysitter her pay. She walked to Haden and Hunter's room, only to find the two boys very much awake and playing with their toys.

"You're supposed to be in bed," She reminded them in a calm tone.

The twin brothers turned to their mother, innocent smiles on both of their faces, "But we can't sleep when you're not here," Hunter complained, "It's scary. Monsters might come."

Cadence gave the two boys a saddened look, knowing what he had meant by monsters; The New Orleans witches. They may not have wanted Cadence back, but they definitely wanted Hunter and Hayden.

They were only four years of age, yet they showed tremendous power. They were the offspring of a werewolf and a witch; a witch that was technically apart of both the French Quarter Coven and the also the Gemini Coven, two well known powerful covens. It was clear that when they were older, they would be unimaginably powerful. And together? They would most likely be unstoppable to the rest of the witches in New Orleans. Clearly, the French Quarter wanted the boys to stand alongside them instead of against them as they grew older. It would most definitely work in their favor.

"What do you guys say you sleep in my bed tonight?" She asked her two sons with a smile on her face, "Just like old times?"

Hayden's face lit up as both he and Hunter smiled, "Really?" He asked in disbelief.

"Really," She confirmed, nodding her head, "Now, clean up your toys while I clean off my make up and get into pajamas."

Both boys quickly began to clean up, causing Cadence to smile as she walked out of her room and headed to her own room.

Once getting dressed into pajamas and removing the makeup from her face, the twins soon arrived, quickly hopping into bed with their mother. Hayden and Hunter laid on both sides of Cadence, getting under the covers. She picked up her controller, turning on the tv, "How does watching Wreck-It-Ralph for the hundredth time sound?" She asked them both jokingly.

"Wreck-It-Ralph!" Hayden exclaimed both loudly and excitedly, causing Cadence to quietly chuckle.

"Wreck-It-Ralph, it is," She commented, pressing the play button. She set the controller down on the nightstand before turning off the light on the lamp.

"Mommy, can you to the nightlight thingy on the wall?" Hunter asked her mother curiously, giving her a pleading look.

Cadence let out a sigh, knowing she couldn't waste the magic in her necklace for purposes that weren't emergencies. Just then, she realized. She probably still had some magic left in her from helping Cami with the spell.

"Okay," She replied, muttering a small inaudible spell under her breath, before flicking her hand.

A ball of energy left her hand, forming into a crescent moon shape form of light, just before it moved across the room. It attached itself to the wall, giving the two boys a night light in the shape of a crescent moon.

"Thank you, Mommy," Hunter thanked his mother.

"No problem, baby," She responded, "Now, watch Wreck-It-Ralph and try to go to sleep, okay?"

"Okay," The two boys groaned in unison, just before laying back down as they began to watch the movie on the tv.

Cadence laid down also, making sure to stay awake until they both had fallen asleep. Once they had done so, she, too, fell in a deep slumber, wondering what the next day would bring her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.3K 33
In which Ophelia Rose, Queen of New Orleans, has to fight with everything she has to reclaim her city after it's been taken from her. Season 2 ▻ The...
171K 4.7K 57
Juliette Mikaelson was different than all of her siblings. She was a vampire like them but she also was a siphoner. When she was a human, her father...
52.9K 1.6K 19
The Vampire Diaries Season One to TBD Soulmate AU Kol Mikaelson x OC
1M 26.7K 50
"Are you mental? We have locked these kinds of people here for hundreds of years for a reason" "I know; but she is our last resort" In the years when...