Don't Falter || Jikook

By itsmehyunnieee

Jimin grew up to rules as a vampire. His clan raised him up to a strict system where was thought right from w... More

-READ FIRST-
1 • Unexplainable
3 • Forgotten
4 • Safe Haven
5 • Misunderstood
6 • Wonder
7 • Questions
8• Answers
9 • Closer
10 • Pause, Play

2 • Mortal

213 14 25
By itsmehyunnieee

Jeon Jungkook had no parents.

All he knew though was that they died in a car crash when he was six. At least that's what his relatives always told him, he was raised by his grandparents but both of them had passed away after he finished high school.

So as of the moment, he had no other guardian whatsoever. He's a broke college student that works part-time at night in a bar singing his ass off and spends his weekend working in a coffee shop all while balancing his school schedule.

Jungkook used to live in his friends apartment that was located in a decent distance from campus. Truth be told, he lived a pretty plain life with nothing out of the ordinary.

The only thing he did found weird was his maintenance of drinking cherry tasting wine for his “health” condition, he's told that he was anemic and needed iron in his system to function which is why his grandparents stacked up boxes and boxes of this drink and had advised Jungkook strictly to drink one of it everyday until the day he turns 18.

It didn't really taste weird for Jungkook, and he was a good kid so he never questioned it since the drink looked harmless and just tasted like regular cherry soda. He's been drinking that shit for almost 11 years now and it's almost grown as a reflex to him at this point, he just find it a bit mind boggling due to the fact that he still hasn't found an exact replica of that drink from any store.

Trust me, he visited LOTS of stores.

Jungkook is currently taking up a major course in Photography just because that's what he excels in the most, he doesn't really have much money to pay for university so he's happy to be lucky enough with his scholarship in the state. He's also genuinely interested in videography so that's a plus.

Like any college student though, he's struggling to pay rent and sustain his finances all the while juggling with his studies.

His room mate had currently left their shared apartment to move somewhere near the suburbs so Jungkook was left to pay twice the amount he used to when he lived with the latter.

Why is this important you ask? Well, frankly because it's already been two months since he had last paid rent and since he's short on money and time and his shifts don't match his schedule at school he couldn't tend to it.

It was a priority too but Jungkook just didn't have enough and couldn't split his body in half, he's at least grateful the land lord hasn't kicked him out at this point. Which he had just did but again, not that Jungkook really had a say in it.

The landlord simply told him he's going to be given atleast a day to file out his stuff from the apartment.

So yeah, Jungkook was homeless, stupid, and broke.

Mostly stupid though because he did not want to ask for help from anyone because of his stubborn ego. Claiming to himself that his friends will be burdened and he can deal with his shit alone.

He had his long time best friend living somewhere closer to the City; he would provide what Jungkook asked for in a snap but the latter was shy and didn't want to ask until he had officially reached rock bottom.

Feeling hopeless, the younger boy just zipped his mouth and packed his bags with a mission to continue his night shift at the bar and try to think positively.

>>>

He didn't expect to see him there– the person he bumped into when he was on his way to the bar.

If he was being honest, he was completely stunned by the man because the silver-haired was absolutely head to toe fucking gorgeous.

He looked younger than him and had a very pale complexion, contrasting his blood red lips that looked so plump and silky. Jungkook especially has a bias for the person's eyes though, his eyes were mesmerizing. Brown hazelnut orbs that the latter could voluntarily get lost in every single day if he had the chance.

Jungkook was pretty surprised that he had managed to even stroke up a conversation with him since he wasn't really in good shape by then, he was partially convinced that he looked like a zombie with no makeup on since he usually fixes himself up at the bar.

In his defense, he didn't really expect to see him there at all.

It was also fairly odd because the minute Jungkook saw the slumped figure at the far end of the bar, he recognized him the latter immediately without any identifiers.

Which was again, weird. Since Jungkook wasn't that fast to pick up details about a person but somehow he just knew.

And so, he plucked up the courage to approach the man with shaky strides and his breath tightly held.

As soon as they talk though, It's as if it was a natural occurence to Jungkook because he was so frighteningly comfortable around him. Another mega confusing fact because Jungkook is naturally a very very akward and introverted person, epecially with people he finds attractive.

But somehow with Jimin, He just wasn't.

Jungkook wasn't drunk when he said Jimin looked beautiful; No. Even with all Jimin's bruises he still looked stunning as ever.

The latter didn't even dare to ask what had happened, because he felt that was too forward and may be over stepping their not so friendly boundary. So instead, he settled on asking Jimin if he could buy him a drink in order for them to engage in a light and comfortable conversation.

Jungkook didn't want to get laid either, if he did he'd go to a club for that but the place he worked at was a night bar; and Jimin was different. His inner self just wanted to get to know him.

They conversed of course, they talked and talked about sweet everything's and nothing's at once.

Jungkook learns that Jimin was two years older than him, and that he had an infatuation with cats and his favorite color is blue. He finds out how his brother was married and how he fell face flat on his own birthday cake on the age of two.

"Hey, It's getting late.” Jimin chuckled out when they start finishing off their drinks. “Shouldn't you be home by now?"

Jungkook stiffens at the question thrown his way. He glances up warily at Jimin, obviously hesitating to tell him.

It's not like Jimin would help him since they did just meet today.

So... he wouldn't be, over sharing in a way?

He wouldn't burden Jimin right?

"About that..."

"Mm?" Jimin tilts his head in question, finishing the last of his drink and waiting patiently for Jungkook to continue.

"I sort of... don't have a place?" the raven haired squeaked out with an awkward laugh.

“What do you mean you don't have a place?" he asked making air quotations with his fingers, his brows furrowing making him look more attractive– Jungkook. Get it together.

Jungkook reaches up to scratch the back of his neck in embarrassment and scrunches his nose in stress, Jimin thought it was cute.

It made Jungkook look younger than he already was.

"I got kicked out of the apartment I lived in because I wasn't able to pay rent for two months but that's okay. I'll figure it out, Beautiful." the singer quickly reassured with a dismissive wave of his hands.

"So you're telling me that you bought me a fuckin' drink even though you don't have a place to live in?!" Jimin screeched out in protest, his eyes wide as he realized how ridiculously reckless the raven haired was.

"I had excess from the rent I was supposed to pay recently and you were pretty. It was an exception." Jungkook retorted with a proud grin and a shrug of his shoulders.

Jimin huffs in frustration, standing up from the couch and grabbing his phone from his pocket. He pulls the hood of his jacket down and dials someone as Jungkook just stares at him in confusion, his own drink already long forgotten on the table.

"I'm worried you might lose your life just because someone is 'pretty', Jeon Jungkook." Jimin scolded, pressing his phone on his ear and setting his lips into a thin line.

Jungkook hears a muffled 'hello' from the phone speaker but before he could ask what Jimin was doing, the latter had pulled him of the chair and towards the exit of the bar.

The raven haired hurriedly grabs his bag from the counter as he gets dragged outside.

"Yoongi-hyung, Can you do me a favor?” the silver-haired asked gently through the phone call. “I need a condominium from outside the boundaries? The one where Jin-hyung's parents own. Yes that. Yep. Thank you!"

"Jimin? Hey! Jimin-ah! What do you mean?"

Jimin stops on the sidewalk, hails a taxi without replying and opens the car door, he looks at the taller expectantly and ushers towards the inside of the vehicle as Jungkook just stares at him with wide eyes.

"What?" the raven haired asked in disbelief.

"Get in." Jimin commanded.

"Why?!" Jungkook questioned in panic, raising both of his hands in distress.

"Just get in, Jungkook."

"How am I not sure you arent going to kidnap me?" Jungkook spluttered out earning a light shove on his shoulder and a roll of Jimin's brown eyes.

"I dont have time for this, bun. Get in or I'll make you." the silver-haired warned.

Jungkook folds his arms and glares. He wasnt going to go in– with a yelp he gets pushed in the cab and the door closes behind him. In the blink of an eye Jimin had enterd through the opposite door, finding a sear beside him and saying something to the driver.

When the raven haired manages to grasp what was happening after the car starts moving, he scrambles to sit up from where he was thrown.

"What did you just do?" Jungkook screamed out, both flustered and shocked by how fast that had happened.

Jimin is texting beside him, when Jungkook says that he looks at the younger boy with a cheeky grin.

"Im paying for the drink, handsome."

>>>

"Jimin! NO! I wont accept this!" the raven haired protested, petulantly standing at the entrance of the new condominium with his arms folded and his head turned away from Jimin.

The pure-blood snorts, throwing Jungkooks bag on the bed and looking around the condominium he just bought.

It seemed liveable.

Jungkook can stay here, he decided mentally.

"Isn't it a little tight? Do you want a bigger one? I can ask for--"

"No! No! I dont want anything. Jiminie, you dont owe me anything. I dont need this!" Jungkook stuttered out with his eyes blown wide.

"Yes you do. Please, just let me do this for you." Jimin coaxed out gently, smiling at the latter with a tired grin.

"You literally just met me awhile ago, Why are you being like this!" the latter argued, stomping his feet on the carpet.

"Because I care?" Jimin reasoned out lamely.

"You care for a stranger?!" Jungkook screamed out in stress.

"No, I care for you and you arent a stranger! You're Jungkook.” Jimin replied, folding his arms to mirror Jungkook's stubbornness. “Accept this, no return engagements."

"B-But..."

"I jus said no buts!"

"You didn't say that..."

"Jeon Jungkook!"

"R-Right. Im sorry, Im sorry. How can I ever repay you for this?"

Jimin giggles, eyes crinkling cutely into perfect crescent moons even with the discoloration.

"Just let me stay here for a night. I'm not in the mood to go back home."

"That's all?! You dont want me to... I don't know, serve you for an eternity or something?"

Jimin sighs, cheecking the empty shelves in the kitchen. "I told you, bun. Just let me do this for you. I like you. You feel like home."

Jungkook flushes at the comment, making his way to cautiously sit down the places sofa and watching Jimin roam around whilst checking stuff.

"Are you sure you dont want anything from me? I'll do anything?" Jungkook countered, his cheeks still burning.

Jimin stops inspecting the microwave and looks back at Jungkook.

"The microwave is dead. I'm buying you a new one, could you tell me the address of your old apartment? I'll call someone to bring your stuff here. Do you want groceries too? Lets go out tomorrow so you can grab some, Okay?"

"I-Its too much! I--"

"No, it's not too much.” Jimin says with a shake of his head. “You don't have to repay me with anything, in turn I just dont leave this place? I want to see you more and get closer– So I, yeah. I just want someone to be here when I want an escape."

"An escape from what?" Jungkook asked with a curious tilts of his head. Jimin looks at him sadly, longingly and shakes his head.

"...I'll tell you soon, bun."  Jimin reaches out to playfully ruffle the boys hair.

"Now, how about you give me the address of your apartment then we can sleep. Yeah?"

>>>

Jungkook snores.

His snores were adorable.

Jimin had to bite his lip so he wouldn't burst out giggling, his phone vibrates in his pocket which pulls him out of his staring so he has to momentarily stop looking at Jungkook's sleeping figure and pick up.

Not that he's been staring for 3 hours. Nope, he totally wasn't. Okay, maybe just a little.

"Yo?" he answered lowly when he picked up, wanting to make as little noise as possible.

(Are you fucking crazy?!) Jimin winced at the tone his bestfriend used, it was so loud it almost made the phone speaker crackle.

He moves the phone away from his ear and complaining about getting deaf while he makes his way towards the balcony of the condominium and lights a cigarette, he puffs the air out before he answers.

"What's wrong?"

(Dont "what's wrong" me Park fucking Jimin! How could you leave right after your sanction!) Taehyung yelled exasperatedly.

"Yeah, About that. I probably wont in a few days." Jimin says with a light chuckle.

(You must be kidding me! Do you have a fucking death wish or something?!) the latter roared out in shock.

"Tae, I'll be fine. Dont worry about it."

(I can't not worry about it Jimin! If your father finds out about this your fucking dead! The order will–)

"I know what the order will do to me, Kim Taehyung. I know. And I'm ready for that okay?!"

(All of this trouble for what Jimin? For what! For an escape?)

"It isnt just an 'escape' for me anymore." Jimin says with finality.

He finishes his cigarette and throws the stick on the floor before stepping on it to get rid of it's light.

(What do you mean?)

Jimin sighs. "I found--"

"Hyung?" A quiet voice whispered.

Jimin jumps in shock and turns around, He's greeted with a half asleep Jungkook with tousled hair. The bedroom blanket was draped across his shoulders while he yawned.

"Shit sorry, Did I wake you?"

(Jimin? Jimin! Who is that?! Who are you with?!)

Jimin ignores Taehyung's questions from the phone.

"No.. I thought you left so I looked for you--" Jungkook mumbled, rubbing his left eye.

"Sorry. I just went out for a smoke."

Jungkook nods sleepily, taking a step forward in the balcony and making grabby hands for Jimin.

Jimin sees Jungkook's skin tingle and raise goosebumps from the cold, he also notices how he shivers at the midnight breeze. The pure-blood smiles a bit in affection and ushers the raven haired to go back in.

"Hyung, Sleep with me." Jungkook whined sleepily, Jimin nods. He tucks the boy into bed and carefully kisses his forehead.

(Jimiiiiin!)

"Shut up. He's sleeping." Jimin hissed at the phone speaker.

(Who's 'he' Park Jimin.)

"I found my fated, Tae."

(Holy shit, you did?! Oh my God! I'm so happy for you, Babe! Hurry and bring him back here to the clan--)

"I-I... I can't do that."

Jimin can feel Taehyung's frown from the phone.

(Why not? Do you not like your mate?)

"No! N-No its not that. I'm completely enamored by him."

(Then why?)

Jimin sighs again, threading his fingers to Jungkook's hair. His eyes watering; and fuck. He's already hurting and Jungkook isn't even his yet.

"H-He's human."

Somehow, that was explanation enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 10.1K 32
Sequel to Derange | Jikook Vampire A.U Book:4 | ___________________________________________ Finally, Jimin and Jungkook are at peace with their fami...
274K 11.9K 39
On her 21st birthday, Y/N's life changes forever. Her once normal existence changes when she discovers an underground world straight out of a nightma...
104K 5.9K 21
Jungkook knew the minute his mate was born he could feel it in his heart, after two hundred years of waiting he/she is finally here, but the next mor...
126K 7.7K 32
You can't choose the way how your life goes. The fate you have can be never changed by you or anyone. Thats what happened in the life of a male omega...