Unbreak Me

By Howard774

Avery Adley is trapped and broken. After losing her parents at the age of 8 she was sent to her Uncles family... More

Authors Note
HELPLINES
Tip Jar
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64

Chapter 37

369K 13.2K 3.2K
By Howard774

Avery Adley

I didn't see Oliver for over a week.
I wasn't trying to run into him either. We were both avoiding each other.
I would still cook for him, but it was just left uneaten.

I was too afraid to see him.

I'm such a selfish coward.

Maybe if I had talked to him, he could have helped me. Maybe he could have helped me escape my probable death.

That anger. It wasn't like Mr. Adley. His eyes were as cold as ice. His voice held no emotion. His face was indecipherable. The only emotion I could decipher that wasn't anger, was disgust.

I ignored the pressure building behind my eyes.

Mr. Adley had told me to make copies of reports and statements. These were all for his confidential files.
If anything were to happen to them, I would receive a beating of a lifetime.

Among the lot I found Wilson & Co's statement.
They had transferred over 4 million to... Mr. Adley's personal account?

Don't tell me this is like hush money.

I had seen evidence of embezzlement and blackmail. I know he has never received an amount this high in one go.

I sighed and continued making copies of everything.
I placed all the necessary documents on his desk.

I made myself a coffee and began checking emails and writing reports as well as updating Mr. Adley's schedule.

It was approaching 5pm when I was called into Mr. Adley's office.

"Yes sir?" He threw a magazine at my face. I caught it before it fell to the floor.

I looked at the front cover and saw a various pictures of Leah on the cover. She was taking drugs, drinking excessively and making out with various men. In the corner was a picture of me and Oliver sitting closely together on the park bench.

"What the fuck is this?!" He roared. "Did you know about this?!"

"No sir, of course not." I frowned.

"Fix it!" He yelled.

"Yes sir." I turned on my heel and went  back to my desk.

I worked for hours and could only get a few more respectable publications to stop printing and retract the story.

I rang the lawyers and they had said there wasn't much they could do considering the images basically spoke for themselves. 

I rested my head on the desk before I got the shock of my life.

Adley burst through the door looking at me murderously.

"I-I'm sorry sir!" I cowered back as he took slow steps in. "I can't get the story down!" I cried. Tears leaked from my eyes and ran down my face.

He paused in mid step.
"You what?!" He raged. The look in his eyes alone made me tremble. "I bet you wanted this!"

"No no!" I shook my head frantically.

He smirked. "I have someone here for you."

My heart leaped in to my throat.
Mr. Adley lunged forward and pulled my over my desk by my arm. I yelped as the computer and files fell to the floor.

I was dragged into Mr. Adley's office where Mr. Denner was waiting with a disgusting smile.

"No! I didn't do anything!" Struggled to get out of Mr. Adley's hold.

He threw me to the floor and took a step back.

Mr. Denner got up from his seat and stalked over to me.

"I told you what would happen if Oliver came to know about our involvement in his business." He spat. "You had to tell him all about Wilson & Co, didn't you?" I could hear the grinding of his teeth.
Before I could get a word out he turned and walked out of the office.

"Now sweetie, be good and nothing bad will happen." He sounded as though was trying to placate a child.

I scooted back away from the man. Before I could comprehend I was cornered.

Mr. Denner's smile widened and he squatted down and took a hold of my ankles.
My eyes widened and began to push him away from me. I scratched and clawed at his skin and even his face.

Tears flowed freely slightly blurring my vision.

"Be good now." He growled and tore the skirt from the small split on the side.

He pushed me back by my shoulders. I was helpless against his sheer size and weight.

"Lets finish what we started last time." His voice rung in my ears and I was sure I was going to throw up any second.

"No! Please!" I begged. "Let me go!"
I cried and screamed but nothing worked.

He kept the assault on my body up. He touched anywhere and everywhere.
The ripped my shirt. Buttons popped and scattered along the floor.

"Just give up!" He yelled and slapped me across the face.

That didn't stop me though. I managed to push him back enough for me to move out from under him.

"Fuck!" He exclaimed. "Get back here." Mr. Denner tripped me over and I fell face first on the ground. I caught my shoulder on the corner of the desk.

I groaned in pain and I rolled onto my back only to have Mr. Denner crawling up my body.

He made it up to my face and began kissing at me. He nipped my neck and shoulder. He bit the soft skin on my collarbone.
I cried and thought of giving up.

I looked up and saw the ceramic pot plant on the edge of the desk.
While Mr. Denner was too busy with my body to even notice me reaching up for it, I pulled it down and crashed it on his head.
I used enough force to knock him out. I scurried away from him. He seemed to be out cold.

The only sound in the room was my own heavy breathing.

The doors burst open and I almost forgot about the man who was on the other side.

He scanned the room and looked at his friend who was starting to move.

"Victor!" He shouted and nudged him with his foot. "Get up!"

Mr. Denner groaned and sat up and rubbed his head. He glared at me before realising the blood that came from his nose.

"Shit."

"Get yourself to a doctor. I'll deal with her." He said distastefully. "Though, I don't know how you could have a problem with such a little girl."

I backed away and slowly got to my feet before any one could notice.
Mr. Adley watched as Denner stumbled out holding a handkerchief to his nose.

"You!" He growled as he stalked towards me.

Quickly, I tried to run past him. I wasn't fast enough. He grabbed my arm and flung me to the ground.

A laugh escaped him. After that. His assault started.
He punched me in the face and stomach. He kicked me in the head and anywhere else he could get to.

I cried and pleaded but nothing stopped the onslaught of fists, feet, knees and even elbows.
I could taste my own blood.

He pulled me up by my hair and collided my face with his knee. By this stage I had given up trying to shield myself.

I fell to the floor and heard him unbuckle his belt and slide it out of the loops.

Please no!

A crack resounded around the room. My cries followed along with the stinging of my flesh.
I slipped in and out of consciousness. The sudden feel of two cold hands around my neck pulled me out of the darkness.

I gasped and sputtered as his grip tightened on my throat.
My lungs burned from the lack of oxygen and my heart was pounding.
Black spots started to appear in my vision.
Just before it all took over and my eyes completely rolled to the back of my head, I was dropped to the floor.
I sucked in the air. As much as I could at a time.
I was kicked in the stomach again before I heard footsteps retreating. If he said anything, I didn't hear it.

Everything was hazy. My vision, my hearing, my voice.

After what was probably an hour trying to collect myself, I stumbled up.  I limped up to my office and picked up my coat and bag.
I threw my bag over my shoulder and hobbled out to a cab. I did my best to ignore the pain.
Thankfully there was no one on the streets. I didn't even know what time it was.
I couldn't even see enough to check my watch, which I'm pretty sure was broken.

I hailed a cab and kept my head down the entire way.
I refused the kind offer from the driver to help me out and up to the apartment.

I stumbled through the lobby, thankfully the receptionist wasn't there and I made it home.

I don't know how bad that was for you, but I found it really difficult to write this chapter.

I'm loving everyone's support for this book.

Thanks guys!
Howard x

A/N 2021
I just wrote this in the comments: 

There's a reason why I rewrote it. 🤷‍♀️ I'm not forcing anyone to read it. If you don't like it, just don't read it. It's simple. I read plenty I don't like but I don't go around insulting other people's efforts to explore and create. The only reason I've kept this one up is because I was asked to. I still stand by the essence of the story. Of course it's dramatized and more extreme and not 100% correct. There's only one story that I've read that's a very accurate depiction of abusive relationships (can't remember the name, but if I come across it I'll add it). 

This was a FIRST DRAFT. RAW. UNEDITED. I wrote in the beginning this was the first and the rewritten is much better. Even if it does have some problems. Yet you read this one. What did you expect? Perfection? Logic? Even the rewrite isn't perfect. 

Some of you can be so fucking insulting. Not just to me, but other Wattpad authors too. 

 What happened to respect and compassion? Grow up. Can you honestly be proud of yourselves with some of the things you're saying to each other? 

Not only in this comment section but in others. Obviously not everyone is the problem. There are a lot of genuinely amazing people on here who can voice their discomfort or dislike without being horrible about it and instead be constructive. 

I think some people expect too much from writers on Wattpad. We don't get paid. Most of us don't have an editor. We write for the love of it. It's an outlet where we can escape or be ourselves or just pour our emotions out. Please don't ruin it for us.

I also added in the comments, I was in a super dark place when I wrote this. 

It reflects how chaotic and unhealthy I was as a person. I think that's why I'm so defensive about it even though I don't think it's that good and certainly not my best work. 

Usually I don't care much about these comments. Usually it doesn't bother me, but for whatever reason it's finally just irritated the crap out of me and I had to say something. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 4.8K 31
Book cover: Daby_Xy "Well,I see why your mother and father left you and even your aunt who was supposed to love you in their stead also left you too"...
1.2M 47.9K 48
Avery Adley is trapped living an awful existence. After losing her parents at the age of 8 she was sent to her Uncle's family. For sixteen years sh...
106K 2.4K 27
Cheating With The Billionaire | Previously Titled HER NEW DADDY . . . The man that I'm falling for is a man that I shouldn't want. The odds a...
14.6M 563K 62
Is it fair to let a mistake define a person? .......... "Miss...?" he assessed my face with his calculative eyes, waiting for me to tell him my sur...