Charles Smith X OC (RDR2 | 16...

By FortunaxXx

I heard a rustle in the bushes. Instantly I dropped down to my knees with my knife out and carefully scooted... More

Chapter 1. Growing up.
Chapter 2. Lead me.
Chapter 3. An Accident.
Chapter 4. Fitting in.
Chapter 5. Learning.
Chapter 6. Forgiveness.
Chapter 7. Frustrating.
Chapter 8. Drunk.
Chapter 9. Robbing the Stagecoach.
Chapter 10. Wolves.
Chapter 11. Injured but Safe.
Chapter 12. Let's Begin... shit.
Chapter 13. Accident.
Chapter 15. Uh oh.
Chapter 16. Yeah... he died.
Chapter 17. A Deadly Promise.
Chapter 18. A Dangerous Road.
Chapter 19. The Last Battle.

Chapter 14. A New Pet.

982 33 13
By FortunaxXx

I kept catching Charles' eye as we ate breakfast.
His dark chocolate eyes sparkled with love and adoration.

I snapped out of my stare as Lee yanked on my deerskin dress.

"Wh-what?" I shook his small grubby hand off me. Instead of using his spoon to eat, he used his hands.

"Don't you think it's time I get a horse, Anika?" Lee asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Mother and Father never let you get a horse as far as I'm concerned. They cost cash money. We don't have a whole lot to go wasting on a horse you'll only get into trouble with." I said, looking at Lee's dark eyes.

Lee put his metal plate down and crossed his arms. Pouting.

"Don't pout." I hissed, hoping no one would think his bad behavior is my fault. It was his parent's fault!
...
Yeah. It was their fault.

"But I want one!" Lee pleaded.

"Ya just wan'ta pet don't'cha?" Another voice said.

Lee smiled widely at whoever at said that. I realized it was Sean.

"Yup!" Lee said.

I poke his rib.

"Yes sir!" Lee added.

"Well, how 'bout t'is? Me and you will go inta' town and see what it has'ta offer.  If it's a'right with your beautiful sista here o'course." Sean finished.

I think he thought I was Lee's Mom but was using the 'oh you must be the sister' thing. I hear men use it a lot at the saloon. Never works.

"Anika, can I go with him? Please?" Lee pleaded.

"Oh she really is your sista." Sean said, surprised.

"Yes. Fine. Just be back soon. Don't you dare wander out of Sean's sight!" I ordered.

Lee nodded and instantly got up. He took Sean's hand and let him guide him to his horse.

I shook my head.

He bothers me until I agree and then of course that guy needs-

"Anne."

"Hi, Robin." I smile at the voice.

"I was gonna go huntin'.  Care to tag along?" Robin asked.

"I would love to!" I set my plate down and jumped up, excited.

Robin smiled brightly and we walked to our horses.

Before Robin could get on her horse, Ace, her man called her name.

"Whaaat?" She groaned.

"Where are ya goin'?" Arthur asked.

"Hunting! I'll be back later, you can wait."

I noticed Robin winked at the end of her sentence.
Arthur shook his head and walked back into camp, mumbling.

---

Me and Robin rode out on the plains for awhile until we stopped at a small opening with some bushes.

"We'll set up here. I got some bait to lure this fucker out." Robin mused, getting of her horse.

I hopped off of Spirit and followed Robin. She placed a piece of meat wrapped up in cornbread on a small dusty hill.

"So what are we hunting, exactly?" I asked, following her back to the small bushes where our horses stood.

"A mountain lion."  She responds, crouching down behind a shaggy bush.

I sit on my knees beside her and wait for her to expand on the subject. She doesn't. I stay silent and watch the clearing.

"So...." Robin starts.

I glance at her and raise my eyebrows as a signal of her continuing her sentence.

"You and Charles."  She continues, keeping a rifle pointed at the clearing.

"Hm?" I nervously pluck a piece of dead grass out from the soft ground.

"You two a thing?" Robin asked.

"What thing?" I play dumb.

"You guys are in luv." Robin gave me a look.

I shrugged quickly, hating this topic of conversation.

"I dunno. Maybe. Possibly. Yes. So what?" I say defensively.

"Nothin'.  Other than don't distract him." Robin kept her eyes on the bait.

"Distract him?" I look at her.

"Yeah. Charles is a sweet and collected guy and all but a pretty little thing like you could distract a lot of men. Including him. Just make sure he doesn't put your safety in front of a whole group of people." Robin says seriously.

I think for a moment.

"That could.... end badly." I finally say.

"Yup. It could. Which is why you gotta remind him: if the group's safety ain't first then neither is yours." Robin said.

"Did you ever distract Mr. Morgan?" I asked quietly.

Robin scratches her head and then spits near a small stump.

"Kinda. Except when we have our moments together it's mostly when nothin' is happening. When it's serious shit. We keep our heads straight on track." She looked at me.

"He sure thinks highly of you." I admired.

"I know."

I watched the bait. Nothing has come to even sniff at it, much less eat it. I close my eyes and feel the breeze blowing softly through my hair.

"How's Lee doin'?" Robin snapped me out of my train of thought.

"He's doing okay." I say.

"He-"

"Shhh." Robin points to the bait.

Instead of a mountain lion we see a big burly dog. It's head was flat and eyes were on the food.

"That's a wild dog." I whisper.

Robin aims her gun.

"Why are you gonna shoot it?" I ask quickly.

"Wild dogs are nothin' but trouble. Especially this close to camp." Robin holds her breath.

"Always.... shoot when you exhale." She whispers.

Before she shoots I hear Lee.

"Bullet! Bullet!"

"Wait." I use my left hand to bring Robin's rifle down.

Robin listens and hears Lee. I spot him. He comes running up, Sean behind him, and hugs the ugly dog.

"I found him!" Lee said to Sean.

I stomp out of the brush, angry at Lee being so foolish.

"Lee!" I hiss."

He looks at me.

"What is wrong with you? Don't you know better?!" I say in our language.
Sean glances a confused look at Robin who walks up by my side.

"What?" Lee asks.

"Father has always taught us that if you see a dirt circle that's a placing for animal bait and a hunter is mostly likely there!" I growl.

Lee sticks his tongue at me and I lose it.

"If I see that dog around me I'm gonna shoot it!" I yell.

"You shoot anything it's why you shot Akal!" Lee hissed.

I cringe at the name of Lee's old dogs name.

"I didn't shoot him! He got in Spirit's way and got hurt!" I defend myself.

Lee throws a fistful of dirt at me. Just when a sibling fight was about to start, Robin grabs Sean's hand.

"I'll clean him up." Robin promises.

I mumble under my breath.

Robin leaves me and Sean in the clearing. I take a large rock and throw it. Not very far though.

"Easy lass." Sean calms me.

"I hate this place! I hate my life! I saved that little diablo and he continues to treat me like Mother!" I screamed.

Sean took me to Spirit and helped me on. He looked at me.

"Get'a good nights rest. It'll be a'right I promise ya." Sean pats my bare leg and walks away.

I put Spirit in a gallop and continue to curse to myself.

"Little.... mutt. Now there's another mutt." I roll my eyes.

When will this get easier?

-----
Damn Anika does not like Lee right now 0.o

Fun fact:
That dog is a pitbull!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 666 19
COMPLETED!!✔️ This is an Arthur Morgan X reader story, with you as the main character. You work as a brothel lady in the town called Valentine, and y...
21K 765 52
The van der Linde gang has taken shelter deep in the snowy mountains in an old mining camp known as Colter, following their botched robbery in the to...
344 78 49
Me, an extremely friendly, fun loving, good looking, incredibly humorous being, Check.. My girl, an average enough, beautiful enough, funny, outspok...
A Stalker's Passion By Dani

Mystery / Thriller

6.3K 138 16
"CHARLIE!" His screams were getting closer until I saw him completely. I grabbed the knife and pointed it straight at him. "Get away from me!" I say...