It Doesn't Matter Who I Am (H...

By imtheothergracie

I am Jae Eun. Ahn Ji Gong's last daughter. I wonder the streets of the capital, causing trouble like I always... More

Jae Eun
~Chapter 1~ Nice To Meet You
~Chapter 2~ You're A Pabo
~Chapter 3~ So Much Trouble
~Chapter 4~ I Can Take It
~Chapter 5~ Let's Get Wasted~!
~Chapter 6~ Fighting's Fun
~Chapter 7~ Tense
~Chapter 8~ Secrets Revealed
~Chapter 9~ Lies
~Chapter 10~ Performance to Never Forget
~Chapter 11~ End It All
~Chapter 12~ Save Me Before I Fall
~Chapter 13~ You Wanna Try It?
~Chapter 14~ Rebellious
~Chapter 15~ Lies Can Become Truths
~Chapter 16~ Promises
~Chapter 17~ The World Spins
~Chapter 19~ Nightmares
~Chapter 20~ It Doesn't Matter Who I Am ~End~
~Special Chapter Part 1~
~Special Chapter Part 2~

~Chapter 18~ Even If I Die, It's You

1K 26 33
By imtheothergracie

I start to sprint towards the palace with all speed within me to save Ah Ro. I run through the gates and all the guards and through the doors. Soldiers and guards shouting at me down the hallways as I burst into the queen dowager's room.

"You fucking bitch." I growl out as I stomp over to her throne.

"Your Highness!" Mo-Yeong cries out.

I stand in front of Jiso as I wrap my hands around her throat and she looks up at me with absolute fear in her eyes.

"How dare you..." I growl out as I shake her. "HOW DARE YOU!!! YOU TAKE MY BROTHER AND SISTER AWAY FROM ME FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!! YOU'VE TAKEN EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME AFTER ALL I HAVE DONE FOR YOU AND YOUR STUPID FAMILY!!! YOU'RE MAKING MY SISTER ONE OF YOUR STUPID ASS WON HWA, I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!!!" I yell then I breathe heavily as tears run down my cheeks. "Do you remember when you killed Joon Jeong?" I ask her then she looks at me in surprise. "I hope you relive that day until you die, you fucking bitch." I curse.

I let go of her as she rubs her neck then I stomp away from her. I leave the throne room, shoving the guards away from me as I leave the palace with every strife in my step. I return to Seonmoon and see Ji Dwi standing in the classroom.

"Oh, Jae-Eun, did you find her?" Ji Dwi asks me then I cross my arms as I shake my head.

"Yes." I answer, quietly. "Your mother is making her a Won Hwa." I add then he looks at me in shock.

"Jae-" he starts off then I look at him with tears in my eyes.

"I hope you and your stupid mother are happy..." I tell him as I turn and leave the room.

I walk into my dorm room, where Han Sung was writing on paper and he looks up at me, happily. Once he sees the saddened look on my face, his smile immediately fades away.

"Jae-Eun, what's wrong?" He asks me then I start to cry.

He stands up and walks over to me, hastily, then hugs me tight. I sob into his chest as I hug him back and he rubs my back, softly.

"Tell me what happened, please." He pleads as he puts his hands on my shoulders and looks down at me.

I wipe my face then I look up at him as I start to cry again.

"The q-queen d-dowager is making A-Ah Ro h-her Won H-Hwa." I stutter out then I look up at Han Sung. "I-I'm tired of b-being her p-pawn this whole t-time." I tell him then I wrap my arms around his small waist and bring him close to me. "I did e-everything for h-her f-family and she c-continues to use me a-and n-never once did I-I get a thank y-you or anything!" I shout then I bury my head into his shoulder. "I'm done being played." I tell him then he wraps his arms around my neck and strokes my hair.

"You don't have to be anymore." He tells me then he presses the side of his head against mine. "Remember what you told me when I was training with Hyung and got angry?" He asks me and I nod. "You told me, 'Han Sung, I don't want you to become someone who you think you should be. Only become the person YOU want to become. I won't allow you to become someone that you don't want to be. I promise you I won't allow you to become someone you shouldn't be. Just stay as your warm, loving self.'" He recites then I slightly smile as I hold him tighter. "The same thing applies to you, Jae-Eunie." He tells me then kisses the side of my head.

~~~~Dan Se's POV~~~~

"You wait here." hal-abeoji demands as Yeong Sil Gong's doors open.

He walks up to Yeong Sil Gong with haste in his step and Yeong Sil Gong gives him a disgusted look on his face.

"Yeong Sil Gong, I came here because there is something I need to tell you." hal-abeoji tells him.

"Did you bring the King's head?" Yeong Sil Gong asks him. "I'm positive I told you to do so. Let's talk about other things afterward." Saying as he leaves hal-abeoji in shock. "The riding block." He tells his assistant.

"What are you doing instead of bringing it over quickly?" He asks one of the servants.

hal-abeoji walks in front of the horse and gets on his hands and knees, making my eyes widen.

"Please step on me." He says then Yeong Sil Gong has no hesitance in doing so.

He gets up on his horse and rides away then I walk over to hal-abeoji and pull him up.

"Did you hear? The king's head." hal-abeoji asks me then he looks at me. "You'll have to do it." He tells me then I look down at him. "The King who's in the Hwarang. Bring that guy's head." He demands then I turn to him.

"hal-abeoji, there's an issue to that." I tell him then he raises an eyebrow at me. "The King is Ahn Jae-Eun, Han Sung's friend." I add then he grabs my arm.

"It doesn't matter." He says as I glance down at my arm. "You will kill her, even if it means Han Sung dies."

~~~~Jae-Eun's POV~~~~

"Oh, Jae-Eun, did you find her?" Ji Dwi asks me then I cross my arms as I shake my head.

"Yes." I answer, quietly. "Your mother is making her a Won Hwa." I add then he looks at me in shock.

"Jae-" he starts off then I look at him with tears in my eyes.

"I hope you and your stupid mother are happy..." I tell him as I turn and leave the room.

I place my head in my hands as I rub my eyes then sigh deeply. I hear footsteps run upon me then someone sit down, making me ignore them.

"Here you were!" Han Sung exclaims, making me jump in surprise and look at him.

He smiles at me brightly as he chews on his lip then faces forward, taking a deep breath and becoming very serious.

"There's no such thing as the first path in the world. Someone has to be the first to walk on it for it to become a path. One must thump on firm soil, break it, and dig a hole through it so that a waterway also forms." He recites happily then he looks at me, making me smile at him.

"You always have these wise moments and it's so cute." I compliment as I pinch his cheek then he giggles. "Also, what do you want?" I ask him.

He blows on the end of his pen then starts writing letters in the air as I watch him.

"I'm writing a letter to my grandfather. This time, I'm really going to tell him everything in my heart. I'm going to make sure he no longer bothers my older brother because of me." He reveals then he looks at me with worry as he grabs my hand. "Be being like this, so I mean defying my grandfather, is my first time." He tells me then I nod.

"Of course all your first times are with me." I comment then he slightly blushes. "But why are you doing this?" I ask him.

"I was thinking about what you said to me when I was training with Dan Se and got angry, that you had to calm me down." He answers then he cocks his head to the side. "Do you think a scaredy cat like me can also be like you? Can I also make something like a path?" He asks me and I slightly blush.

He then faces forward with a slight frown on his face and I stare at his beautiful, perfectly sculpted features. I then grab both of his hands and hold them in mine as I rest my head on his shoulder and look up at him as he looks down at me.

"I don't want you to have all qualities of me, because that's my thing." I joke then he light chuckles. "But," I start off as I give him a smile, "I'll walk with you." I tell him then his eyes widen.

"For real?" He asks me and I nod. "For real! You promised!" He exclaims, happily.

I sit up as he scoots over and holds out his pinky and thumb, me intertwining my pinky with his then pressing our thumbs together. He jumps up on his feet in excitement while cheering then looks down at me.

"It's for real, right? You promised!" He reminds then I sigh.

"Yes, that's right." I answer.

"Yes!" He cheers as he dances in place then stops. "It's for real, right?" He asks me again then I roll my eyes. "You promised!" He reminds me then I sigh.

"I promised, you idiot!" I agree then he squeals.

He runs off then I shake my head while rolling my eyes with a smile on my face. I hear him run back over to me and I look up at him. He places his hands on my cheeks then kisses my lips, quickly, then running off again, leaving me in shock.

"He's so confusing." I mutter as I smile a little bit. "But he's my confused one." I say as I smile even more.

~~~~Han Sung's POV~~~~

"'I'll walk with you.'" I mock in Jae-Eun's voice then I smile. "How cute~!" I squeal.

"Han Sung-ah!" I hear someone call out my name.

He hands me a box wrapped in blue cloth then I look down at it.

"What is this?" I ask him.

"He told me to give it to you." He answers.

"Who?" I ask.

"I don't know."

I shrug as I walk to my dorm then place the box on the table then unwrap it. I open the box and see a letter with Dan Se's name on it then cock my head to the side.

"This is Dan Se hyung's, so why did he send it to me?" I ask myself.

I place the letter back into the box, close it, then rewrap the cloth around it and carry it out to where I saw Dan Se was sitting. I walk up next to him then bend down.

"Hyung!" I call out then he looks up at me as I sit down next to him. "What are you doing here?" I ask him then he turns to me.

"You used to run away every time I asked you to practice swordsmanship. Why did you come?" He asks me.

"I don't do that anymore." I answer then I look down at the box and smile. "I also have someone to walk with me forever." I add.

"What are you talking about?" He asks me then I hand him the box.

"Oh, yeah, this is from hal-abeoji, but given to me." I tell him then he takes it. "What's in it?" I ask as I reach for it and he pulls away.

"Isn't it time for Poong Wol Joo's lecture?" He asks me and I frown. "If you skip it again, hal-abeoji will scold me again." He reminds then I sigh.

"Okay." I agree then I stand up and see Jae-Eun walk by. "It's Jae-Eun!" I call out.

I run over to her while squealing then hugging her and she looks at me in surprise as I wrap my arm around her shoulder.

"Why do you look so pretty today?" I whisper to her then she blushes.

"You're much better looking, you dummy." She compliments then we walk side-by-side. "Did you eat?" She asks me and I nod.

"Yeah." I answer then I look down at her. "Did you eat also?" I ask her and she nods.

"Of course. I've been a little more hungry lately and I don't know why." She answers then I hum.

I turn and wave to Dan Se as I walk away with Jae-Eun, with a big smile on my face and a small one on hers.

~~~~Dan Se's POV~~~~

"If our family can't join hands with Yeong Sil Gong this time, I'm going to take my life along with Han Sung's." hal-abeoji tells me and my eyes widen.

"Why Han Sung?" I ask him then I take a deep breath. "What sin did he commit?" I question.

"Do you speak that way even after seeing the humiliation I've suffered?" He snaps then I stay quiet. "If this plan doesn't work out, next time, Han Sung will be the one bending over as a riding block. I can't allow the descendants of the Seok family to live like that." He tells me and I shake my head.

"Are you threatening me?" I question then hal-abeoji pulls out a bottle from his robe.

"Apply this poison to your sword. Even the slightest scrape will cause one to be poisoned and die." He instructs. "If you fail to kill the King, which is Jae-Eun, Han Sung and I will drink this poison." He threatens.

"Jae-Eun is reluctant to many different poisons, is this one she cannot endure?" I ask him then he nods.

~~~~Jae-Eun's POV~~~~

I start to beat on the wooden dummy in front of me with my wooden sword then I remember hearing that Ah Ro was becoming a Won Hwa. I start to hit the dummy harder and harder as I pant then I smack the dummy so hard, the wooden sword broke.

Dan Se walks up to me as I toss the rest of the broken sword to the side and glare at him.

"Would you like to spar with me?" He asks then I shrug.

"Later." I answer as I turn around.

"No." He denies then I stop as I look at him over my shoulder. "Now." He demands, raising my suspicions even more as I sigh.

"Why not?" I answer as I grab my sword. "I need to let off some anger, anyways." I agree then we walk to the sparring center.

I pull out my sword and study it, to make sure it was right for me. Dan Se walks out then I walk out to the center as he pulls out his sword and tosses the case to the side.

"I apologize." He says then I raise an eyebrow at him.

"For what to be exact?" I question then I shrug. "You haven't done anything major to me, I just didn't like the way you were always shadowing me and Han Sung. But I get it now, it was your controlling hal-abeoji's doing and you had to listen." I explain then he gulps.

He lifts up his sword and attempts to strike me from above, but I block it then he pulls down his sword near my feet, I jump over as he walks pass me and I look at him in shock as he looks at me.

"If you can avoid me, please do so. Don't let yourself fall behind a single blow. You must not let yourself have the slightest cut." He warns then my jaw drops. "These words are the utmost consideration I can show you." He adds.

"You're really trying to kill me!" I exclaim as I look at him up and down. "Why the hell are you being so serious?!" I ask him.

"If you have the opportunity, you must kill me." He tells me then glares at me. "Because I'll do the same." He adds then I scoff.

He runs at me while yelling then we start to spar even more. He cuts a string off of my uniform and my eyes widen, knowing how close he got to me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I ask him.

"You talk too much. Do it in the underworld." He tells me then I scoff again.

"I'm definitely going to kill your ass now." I comment as I lift my sword up again.

We switch places as he continues to spar with me then knocks my sword out of my hand, leaving me in awe.

~~~~Han Sung's POV~~~~

I walk around the corner to the sparring area and see Jae-Eun and Dan Se sparring. I watch as Dan Se knocks Jae-Eun's sword out of her hand, that being a first and my eyes widen.

I open up the letter to Dan Se and see in big read lettering, "Kill no matter what", making me look at the paper curiously.

"No!"

~~~~Jae-Eun's POV~~~~

"Well, shit, that's a first." I mumble as I look at Dan Se.

My heart starts to beat furiously in my chest as fear begins to take over me. Now, I have someone's life to fight for, not just mine anymore.

Dan Se cries out as he goes to strike me, then a figure runs in front of me and grabs the sword with his bare hands. My eyes widen as tears well up in them and my jaw drops.

"HAN SUNG!!!" I scream as he stands there with blood running down his arms.

He pants with short, unstable breaths leaving his mouth as tears roll down his cheeks and I shake my head. Dan Se's eyes widen as he looks at Han Sung up and down.

"You...What are you doing?" Dan Se asks him with shock.

Han Sung squeezes then swords tighter, making the sound of flesh tearing echo over the sound of my beating heart and blood pouring out.

"What are you doing, Hyung? Why are you doing this?!" Han Sung asks him as I cover my face in shock.

"Let go! Let go of it!" Dan Se repeats, but Han Sung holds on tighter.

"What if I let go?" Han Sung asks as he gulps. "Then you'll cut Jae-Eun again." He says and my eyes widen in horror.

"Han Sung-ah!" Dan Se calls out.

"Why did you apply the medicine hal-abeoji gave you?" He asks then he collapses.

I crouch down and catch him as he lets go of the sword and his body trembles in my arms and he gasps and he jolts.

"Why did you do it?" He stutters out. "You're a good older brother." Han Sung compliments.

His eyes roll to the back of his head as he jolts even harder and I hold his bloody hands in mine and tears roll down my cheeks as I glare at Dan Se.

"WHAT DID YOU DO, YOU FUCKING BASTARD?!?! WHAT IS IT THAT YOU JUST HAD TO DO?!?!" I yell.

"Poison. It's poison." Dan Se coughs out in shock. "Deadly poison." He repeats and my eyes widen. "Not even you could withstand it." He adds.

I pick up Han Sung in my arms and start to run as he continues to jolt in my arms. My arms start to shake as Han Sung rests his head against my shoulder.

"I...am okay." He assures me as he grows paler. "Doctor Ah Ro will heal me." He spits out and I nod.

"She will...I know she will." I agree as I continue to speed walk towards her clinic. "Please, just keep your eyes open for me." I plead as he lifts up his hand towards my cheek.

"Protect...the baby." He requests and I nod.

"O-Of course..." I agree as my throat grows tighter.

"Us...You said we'd walk together, right?" He asks me and I nod.

"Y-Yes...of course we will." I answer then I look down at him. "I do love you, so I will." I answer then he places his hand on my cheek.

"My Hyung...don't hate him." He requests then I nod.

"I won't, I promise." I agree as he pants a little more.

"I...love you..." He breathes out and I look down at him.

"I love you too, Han Sungie..." I confess as his hand starts to fall from my cheek.

His hand arm then falls to the side of him as I hear his last breath leave his mouth then my eyes widen.

"No, no, no, no, no..." I repeat as I fall to my knees and have him lean on me as I tap his cheek. "H-Han Sung, p-please wake up, p-please..." I plead as he doesn't move a muscle. "PLEASE!!!" I cry out then tears roll down my cheeks.

I look up at the sky and scream from the top of my lungs with all my might as I hold Han Sung close to me. I place my forehead against his as I cry even louder. I make myself stand up and walk into the lecture room, where everyone stares at me.

"P-Please...someone save h-him..." I beg.

I make it down the small set of stairs and rest Han Sung's body on the ground then everyone crowds around him as I stare at his body and Yeo-Wool drops to his knees next to me.

"What happened to this rascal?" He asks his voice chokes up.

I stare at Han Sung's perfectly sculpted features again with his lifeless skin color and blue lips from all the life that left him. Yeo-Wool strokes Han Sung's head as I grab onto his hand and hold it close to my head.

"What's the matter with you?" Yeo-Wool asks him. "What's the matter with you!!!" He shouts as he cries.

Wi Hwa crouches down beside Han Sung and places his fingers against Han Sung's neck with more and more tears run down my face. Wi Hwa pulls his fingers away and had the look on his face, the one that caused me to start screaming in sobs.

I hug Han Sung's body close to mine, tightly, without any intention of letting go and sob into his chest.

"You didn't have to...." I breathe out as I grip onto his clothes, craving for his hold again, but never going to get it back.

I look up with my reddened, puffy face as I pull out the letter to Han Sung's hal-abeoji from his uniform and hold it behind me.

"S-Someone...give this to Dan Se..." I request then I take a deep breath. "I-I'm not l-leave Han Sung again..." I add then I feel someone take the letter out from my hands.

I look down at Han Sung with the saddest eyes possible as memories of us together overcame me.

"Grandfather, it's Han Sung. I'm doing well at Seonmoon. Although, at first you placed me here against my will, now I've come to like living here."

A memory of when Han Sung and I first met then flashes in my mind, of the two of us playing in the creek, splashing water at each other and laughing and playing with no end to it.

"Especially having Jae-Eun here with me, it's nice to have her help teach me. Starting from her, I've learned that a path that doesn't exist can become a reality."

Another memory of when Han Sung first kissed me at the performance day, unexpectedly, popped up in my mind and how I accepted him right then and there.

"One by one, if a person leave behind their footprint, if one can travel together, I've learned that even a rough path becomes a path. The reason I've writing this letter is because, from now on, I'd like to tell you that I will receive the punishment I deserve, for wanting to be my own person. Hyung hasn't done anything wrong. Social status, bone rank, although I may not know much about those things, Hyung is just my older brother. He's the most trustworthy person in the world who's on my side."

I feel a set of hands pull me up off of the ground and against them as Han Sung's body is lifted up and placed into a coffin then covered up. I grip onto Ji Dwi's clothing as more and more tears leave my eyes.

"When tears come out, cry to your heart's content." Wi Hwa tells us as I continue to cry. "Still, in Silla, there seems to be those who shake up the Hwarang and believe that it's alright to do things their way. But, never again, never lose a friend again. Don't be silenced by an order created by another. You are not a horse on a chessboard. You are Hwarang who are freer than anyone else in this world." Wi Hwa tells us then I look up at his teary eyes. "The fact that you are Hwarang...Never forget that."

"hal-abeoji, I'm learning how to be an adult in this place. I've tried many new things, even with Jae-Eun that neither of us regret. Not leaning on anyone, and taking responsibility for the decisions I made."

A memory of Han Sung and I during our first times, then playback in my head as I bite my nail to conceal my cries even more.

"And please, don't hate Jae-Eun or hurt her anymore. She's the one whom I can call the one I love and cherish. I may not know much about love, but I know how it feels. All those times she stepped in front of me from you, was to protect me with good intent. She never meant anything bad or unwell to the actions. She knows what is best for me and has always made sure I received it. She has always been the one for me, I was never interested in anyone else, but her. I wanted to always have her in my arms and be there with her on both her best and worse days. Please, do not punish Dan Se or Jae-Eun for anything that they have done, they've been looking out for me. Hyung has done everything you wanted him to, so please be happy with that. And Jae-Eun is the woman carrying my child, please be happy with that and accept both her and the child for whom they are. Jae-Eun and I fell for each other here and told each other we'll walk together forever. I will live freely. Without thinking of family or power, I will live as a Hwarang."

A memory of Han Sung and I sitting down together with my head on his shoulder and us holding each other's hands while smiling then giving each other small kisses then replays in my mind. Then all the times we've spent together as both friends and lovers plays in my head, the last one being one of the times we were together, smiling and laughing together.

~~~~~~~~

"Jae-Eun, come on, let's go out and train." Soo Ho calls out to me through the doors.

I sit on my bed with my legs against my chest with my head resting on my knees. My eyes burned from the amount of tears I shed and still am. Memories of Han Sung and I continue to play in my head with no end to them.

The door opens, revealing Soo Ho, Yeo-Wool, and Ban Ryu as they step inside the room.

"Ji Dwi said he needs you." Soo Ho says then I get down from my bed.

I leave the dorm room and Seonmoon, going to where I knew Ji Dwi would be, by the river. He was dressed in his king's uniform with his arms behind his back and he looks down at me.

"Come here." He tells me.

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him as I wrap my arms around his torso. I bury my head into his chest and cry my heart out with no end.

"I want him back..." I sob out then he nods.

"I know. We all do." He agrees then he strokes my head.

~~~~~~~~

We walk into the throne room, where the royal council and Jiso were as Ji Dwi and I walk in. He was in his king's uniform while I was in my assassin uniform then he stands in front of the stairs of the throne with me by his side and he looks at everyone.

"I am Silla's King, Jin Heung."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9 0 12
CHA ISEUL (Y/N) You know the perfect girl: blonde hair, blue eyes, desired by almost every guy, dating the future Alpha. Yeah, that's not me; that's...
542K 17K 26
My name is Hyemi and I'm 19.(not from 9muses) My life is being a daughter of rich parents. Expensive jewelry, lots of clothes, and even fancy food bu...