knock on | nct mark lee

By ILIECHI

y/n is now the new manager for nct 127. she's the youngest of the managers in sm entertainment having been bo... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
48
47
48
49
50
51
epilogue
not an update
GUYS I NEED ADVICE PLEASE HELP
THANK YOU GUYS

24

7.8K 216 159
By ILIECHI

y/n was in the dreamies' dorm helping jaemin and jeno with their english assignment. aside from the foreign swaggers,y/n was also really fluent in english but was the only one capable of teaching the other members properly.

"nana christmas is on december not november." y/n told jaemin.

"who made the calendar?!why did they make half of the year 'ber'?!" jaemin cried out in frustration.

"nevermind let's finish your essay." y/n said while laughing.

"who's going to interview hyung?" jisung asked renjun.

y/n was just hanging out with jeno and jaemin in the living room when she overheard jisung and renjun from the pantry.

"someone named sarah?the girl from dispatch." renjun said.

"Sarah Jane Edwards sunbaenim?!" jisung yelled.

"yeah her. what are you yelling for?" renjun asked.

"ah jinjja hyung she's really pretty, i really like her i'm gonna text mark hyung to take a picture with h-"

jisung was cut of when the three hyungs were gesturing for him to shut up.

y/n was just looking down pretending she didn't hear anything but deep inside she was burning with jealousy.

"i mean she's really ugly haha." jisung laughed nervously which made renjun facepalm.

the next day the hyungs were watching mark's interview with sarah. y/n went inside the dorm but no one seemed to notice. she saw all of them watching mark's interview but mark wasn't in the living room with them.

"mark is so awkward with girls." taeil laughed.

"that interviewer likes our marko." jaehyun said.

"i know right she's so obvious." jungwoo agreed.

"she's kinda pretty tho." taeil said

jaehyun and jungwoo nodded.

y/n just stood there also watching the interview quietly. no one seemed to notice she's been there for a while.

mark suddenly came out of the hallway wiping his wet hair with a towel.

"noona!" mark said happily.

the hyungs watching in the living froze in their spots.

"how long has she been there?" jaehyun nervously whispered to yuta.

"i don't know man,aish." yuta whispered back.

"hiiii y/n hehehe have you been there long?" taeil asked nervously.

"neh." y/n said while smiling.

"what's up with you guys?" mark asked the hyungs.

y/n walked to the kitchen to put the cupcakes she baked this morning on their kitchen counter.

"you made it again?" mark asked happily.

"yeah i'm trying to practice baking." y/n replied handing him a cupcake.

y/n didn't have to "practice" baking. that's just some bullshit she made up cause she just wanted to feed mark cupcakes. he said it was so good when he first tasted it so y/n baked it twice in a row. it really was good,even the other members agreed.

while mark was busy eating the cupcake. his phone suddenly vibrated and had a notification on the screen.

sarah sunbaenim: mark?

that's what the text read but y/n pretended she didn't see it. she was starting to get really upset but she was really good at acting so no one knew that she so close to crying.

this was one of her fears. she was inlove with a famous idol who can get any girl he wanted. she knew how easily replaceable she can be,it happened to her before,multiple times.

"how was the interview?" y/n casually asked mark.

"it was aight. took really long tho i wanted to go home earlier." mark said.

"oh." y/n said. she wanted to go back to her bedroom and cry in her pillow. 

she can't really get mad at mark,aside from the fact that they're not together, she likes him too much to be angry at him so she decided to just go back to her room,cry,then sleep.

"oh wait the laundry." mark went to the laundry room in their dorm. he was the one assigned to do the laundry.

"i'm gonna go back guys. good night!" y/n greeted the hyungs who felt really guilty.

y/n went out when she was sure mark was in the laundry room. she knew mark would follow her if he saw her leaving cause it was their routine every night.

"where'd she go?" mark asked the hyungs when he got back to the living room.

"talk to her ppalli!" jaehyun exclaimed.

"why?what happened?" mark asked concerned.

"she saw us watching your interview with sarah sunbaenim and well,we kinda said she was pretty and that it seems like she likes you." jungwoo explained.

"neh,mianhe minhyung we didn't know she was there. she looked pretty upset." taeil apologized.

"yah!she might think i like her or something i'm not even attracted to her!" mark said in frustration then ran off to y/n's dorm.

mark knew the password to their door since he saw y/n dial it in multiple times.

he knocked on y/n's room.

"unnie,i'm not feeling very well,mianhe but i'm gonna sleep early." y/n said.

"it's minhyung." mark said through the door.

after a few seconds she opened the door slightly to see mark standing in the doorway looking all worried.

"can i come in?" mark asked.

y/n opened the door for him.

"are you upset about the interview?" mark asked.

y/n just nodded. there's no point in lying about it,she's not the type to lie when she's already being obvious. 

"you think she's pretty?" mark asked again to which y/n nodded again.

"do you think that i think she's pretty?" mark asked her while coming closer to her.

y/n nodded again.

mark suddenly held her waist and kissed her forehead.

"you're really short noona."

"yah why are you insulting me." y/n rolled her eyes.

"i'm not insulting you." 

"you just called me short."

"you're perfect." mark said then held her waist even tighter.

"you literally just said 'you're really short noona.'" y/n mocked him.

"it's the perfect height for me." he kissed her forehead again. "see?it's the perfect height to do that."

y/n pursed her lips trying not to make it obvious that she's feeling giddy.

"you like me too." mark said. "nevertheless,i'm still going to wait for you to say you want us to happen."

y/n just kept quiet. she didn't move from her spot as mark's arms were wrapped around her waist.

"and i don't find her attractive." mark suddenly took out his phone from his back pocket and showed the texts to y/n.

sarah sunbaenim: hope to see you again mark!it was a great interview. i got your number from one of the PDs hope you don't mind.

mark: thanks noona!

sarah sunbaenim: you did well <3

mark: you too noona.

sarah sunbaenim: maybe we'll see each other again?

mark: depends if i'll be chosen to introduce an album again,noona.

sarah sunbaenim: well maybe we can go out sometime...

sarah sunbaenim: i won't say no if you ask me out :')

mark: sorry, i'm going to be really busy lately. check my schedule with my manager here's her number [insert y/n number]

sarah sunbaenim: come on,even just once?

after 20 mins

sarah sunbaenim: mark?

mark didn't reply after that. so that was the last text she saw.

y/n now looked at mark.

"ahh jinjja minhyungie you're such a dork." y/n said while laughing.

"wae?i did well right?" mark said.

"she's really pretty marko,i honestly don't know why you like me,there's so many girls out there and i'm just a potato." y/n said.

"you just don't see yourself the way i see you." mark said.

y/n smiled at mark.

"you're good guy mark. i'm very lucky i'm the one you like." y/n said.

"love." mark corrected her.

"araso. go to bed now." y/n said then sent mark out of the room.

before he stepped out of the dorm he turned to y/n.

"good night,noona." 

"good night,minghyungie" y/n smiled at him.

"and i love you." mark said then turned to walk back to his dorm.

i love you too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 581 44
Elyse is a new intern at SM entertainment where she'll be working with NCT, along side her best friend Frida who is a composer for SM. Will this be a...
169K 4.8K 36
Mina Jung is an 18 year old girl studying abroad in Canada. When she was heading home to Korea to visit her family and celebrate her cousin Hoseok's...
141K 3.7K 113
In a world where different sex bands are frowned upon, a company takes the risk to make a change within the system. Lee Minseo, an 04' liner with pa...
467K 15K 53
"You don't want to do this, I'll ruin you." "Maybe I want to be ruined." What will happen when Mirae finds out her friends are all in a gang and she'...