return • theo raeken [2]

Bởi -obriens

❝I'm not fearless. I'm terrified.❞ - allison argent Luna Louve has spent years alone, but now she doesn't hav... Xem Thêm

PART ONE.
prologue.
one. memory lost
two. superposition
three. sundowning and relics
four. relics
five. radio silence
six. ghosted
seven. ghosted and heartless
eight. heartless
nine. heartless
ten. blitzkrieg
eleven. blitzkrieg
thirteen. memory found
fourteen. riders on the storm
PART TWO.
fifteen. all my exes live in texas
sixteen. pressure test
seventeen. pressure test
eighteen. pressure test and triggers
nineteen. werewolves of london and genotype
twenty. genotype
twenty-one. mended love and broken glass
twenty-two. the wolves of war
twenty-three. the alpha beast of beacon hills
epilogue.
thank you.

twelve. memory found

3.4K 128 123
Bởi -obriens

third person

IT WAS DECIDED THAT Liam, Sheriff, and Luna return to the Sheriff station where Theo was.  Stilinski wants to get ahold of his deputies, but Liam is going to argue the fact that they could use Theo.  Liam's riding with Luna as Stilinski takes his own car.  When she pulls into the parking lot of the station and shuts the engine off, she stops Liam from getting out.  Luna had told the Sheriff that she'd needed to speak with Liam when they got there, so he's sitting in his car waiting.

"Hey, Liam.  I need to talk to you," Luna says.  He'd already started to get out, but at the sound of her voice he only leaves the door cracked.

Liam asks, "Right now?  The Ghost Riders could be coming any minute now."

Knowing Theo is probably listening in after hearing her truck's loud engine pull in and park, Luna tells him, "It shouldn't take but a minute.  I want to tell you about the news Charlie gave me."

Liam shuts the door of the truck to listen to her.  The news has been plaguing her for a couple of weeks, and Liam knows it's something very serious to do with her family.  Luna was right about Theo.  The moment Theo heard her truck coming down the road, he began using his werewolf hearing to listen to her.  He couldn't help but think she is only talking about this with Liam because she wants him to hear it.

Liam says cautiously, "Okay, but you don't have to if you don't want to."

"No," Luna stops him.  "I do.  I need to.  If Corey hadn't been taken, I'd tell him, too.  You're my best friends and you guys deserve to know."  Liam nods and waits patiently for her to speak again.  "You know, I have a little sister, right?  Rosa?  A couple of months ago, around the same time Stiles was taken, she tried making her way to Beacon Hills."  The same confused look she'd gotten when she heard that part of the news is on Liam's face.  "She tried to hitchhike with semi-drivers, but she only made it to the next town over.  It took them a couple of days, but my werewolf brothers and my dad were able to track her body in the middle of a desert."  Luna's voice starts to shake as she begins to think of all the things that could've been done to her before the trucker left her in the desert.  "She was naked and half-buried under the sand.  They couldn't tell it was her from her face, but scent doesn't lie.  Even if it did, they got her fingerprints checked and DNA definitely does not."

"Oh, Luna—" Liam goes to hug her but puts her hands out to stop him.

She says, "Please, don't hug me.  I'm surprisingly keeping the tears at bay, but if you hug me there won't be any stopping them."

Liam understands and settles with apologizing, "I'm so sorry, Luna.  Did they catch the guy who did it?"

Luna shakes her head and says, for Theo's sake, "No, they couldn't track his scent so they gave up."

Theo, while Luna is able to keep her tears back, lets his tears fall freely down his face.  Luna wasn't the only one he was close with.  He'd been friends with Asher, and he joined in on picking on Rosa whenever the three of them were in the mood to.  She was like a little sister to him and always sang the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song whenever he was around Luna.  When he hears the sound of car doors closing, he wipes his tears away and is left with a small pit of anger in his gut.

Liam and Luna follow Stilinski into the Sheriff station and Liam's trying to plead his case about Theo.

"Look," he says, "I'm not saying you have to like him.  I'm just saying maybe he can help us."

"Liam," Stilinski says over his shoulders as he leads the two of us to where all of the Deputy desks are sitting.  "I'll consider asking Theo for help when I don't have a station full of armed deputies to back me up."

The three of them step into the room and find a mess of leaves, papers, and overturned desk lamps with zero deputies working to clean it up.  There's a radio buzzing from the floor and the Sheriff walks over to fiddle with the knobs.  Liam and Luna share a weary glance but go to stand near the Sheriff anyway.

Stilinski calls out over the radio, "Any available units, this is Sheriff Stilinski.  Do you copy?"  When all he gets back is radio static, he tries another channel.  "I repeat, any and all units, this is Sheriff Stilinski.  Respond immediately with your 20."

All he gets is static and Luna and Liam share another glance as Stilinski goes to repeat himself.

"They're gone," Liam interrupts him.  Stilinski stops to look at the two.

Luna says, "I'm sorry, Sheriff.  None of them are left except for Parrish and Douglas is using him as a lap dog."

"That—That's not possible.  That's—"  The older man gets to his feet and says, "They couldn't have taken everyone."

Luna's heart jumps as she hears Theo's voice state, "They didn't."

Liam glances at her, having heard the change in heartbeat, before turning back to the Sheriff.  The two guys turn the heads while Luna shuffles around Liam to stare at the boy behind bars.  Stilinski sighs as he leads the two over to the cells.  For a few minutes, the three stare in at Theo making him anxious.

"Please, please tell me that you brought the key card," Theo says.

Stilinski counters, "I also brought my gun."

"And your sense of humor," Theo states.  "That is great.  But if we're the only ones left in Beacon Hills, then we need each other.  Which means you need me out of this cell."

"We need to trust you," Liam tells him.

"Then you need to get realistic, because trust is not important right now.  Alright?"  Theo turns to every person, holding their stare, Luna's more than the others.  "It is us against them.  And you want a lot more of us considering how many of them there are."

"I hate to say he's right but—"

"Story of my life," Luna mutters when Liam pauses.

"He's kind of right."

Stilinski thinks for a moment before saying, "If I let you out and I see any behavior that I find remotely suspicious, I'll put so many bullets in your head, God won't even recognize you."

"I'm an atheist.  Fire at will."

Luna gulps as her gaze shifts from Theo to Stilinski.  The older of the two lifts the key card out of his pocket and toys with it near the scanner.

"You're going to need to be a lot closer than that, Sheriff.  Wave it over the card reader, come on.  Right here."  Theo pats the scanner.  "Up and down.  You can do it."

"He's not a fucking dog, Theo," Luna blurts out harshly.

Theo glares at her but he's not angry with her.  He just wants out of the cell with a fair chance at fighting.

"Sheriff, we need him," Liam states.

Only a few seconds pass before Theo tries reaching through the bars to grab the key card.  Luna sighs and rolls her eyes when his poorly thought out plan isn't successful.

"Tell me something," Stilinski demands.

Theo's confused, "What?  Tell you what?  What are you talking about?"

Liam and Luna can hear the wind blowing which is the start of the Ghost Rider's presence.

"Tell me about my son.  Tell me one thing about Stiles that you remember.  Just one."

"You swipe that key card, I'll tell you anything you want."

"Sheriff," Liam says, the sound of thunder echos overhead.  "They are coming."

But Sheriff is not backing down and repeats, "One thing.  Just one thing!"

Theo grunts and yanks at the bars.  Stilinski starts to walk away from him.  Luna quickly glances between Theo and Stilinski, subconsciously panicking.

"He was smart!"  Theo stops the Sheriff from leaving.  When he turns around, Theo lowers his voice.  "He was smart enough not to trust me."

It's all the Sheriff needed to swipe the card and let him out.  Theo hurries out of the cell before any of them could change their minds and lock him back inside.  His eyes lock on Luna's, wanting to finish what he was trying to tell her earlier, but the Sheriff is already leaving the room and Luna is following after him.  In a straight line, Liam follows behind Stilinski while Luna follows Liam and Theo takes up the rear.  Thunder rumbles, wind whistles, and horses neigh.  Theo steps around Liam and Luna to stand next to Stilinski, and Luna steps forward to stand next to Liam.

"They're here," Liam announces.

Stilinski asks while pulling out his gun, "How close?"

The three werewolves listen to the steps each Ghost Rider were taken.

"Too close," Theo answers.

"How many?"

Liam says, "I heard a couple horses.  Maybe more."

"I think there's four, maybe more," Luna tells them.

"Five.  I—I think five at most," Theo infers.

Stilinski says, "Four of us.  Five of them.  You ready?"

"Luna can take on five by herself, I'm more than ready," Liam states.

Luna shakes her head and says, "I'm not shifting.  I'm not ready to do that again."

"What do you mean?  Luna, it's us or them.  You're the big guns," Liam tries to convince her.

"I don't like how it made me feel, Liam.  I don't care if it was self-defense," Luna tells him.

Stilinski moves forward after cocking his gun and Theo stops him and asks, "Wait, are you kidding?  You heard Luna, she doesn't want to do it.  Us against five Ghost Riders?"

"We can still take 'em," Liam declares.

Theo's still against it, "Five of them?"

"Four of us."

"Yeah, I'll still use as much of my strength I can.  We'll be able to take them," Luna explains to Theo.

"Yeah," Stilinski mutters before leading them to the door.  The werewolves flick out their claws as the Sheriff opens the door.  They're faced with more than five Ghost Riders.

"Oh, fuck," Luna blurts.  Stilinski grunts as the Ghost Rider's lift their guns to point straight at him before shooting.  The puff of green smoke erupted in front of Luna and the three teenagers jump on either side of the doorway.  The Ghost Riders keep shooting until they can't see the kids.  Luna and Theo stare at each other across the space of the doorway before Luna reaches over and grabs his wrist to pull him to her side.

"Three of us," Theo tells Liam and Luna.  Liam nods and leads the two away from the Ghost Riders in the other room.

"Luna, do you still have the keys to your truck?" Liam shouts over his shoulder.

Luna's fly to her pockets, but doesn't find them anywhere.

"No, no, no!  I must've dropped them!"

Liam stops to rip a box full of keys off of the wall as Theo keeps running towards the exit.  Luna pauses for only a second to wait for Liam before they both catch up to Theo outside.  They glance around to find a vehicle that's not blocked in the parking lot and find one of the cars near the exit.  Theo gets in the driver seat while Liam lets Luna in from the passenger where she shoves her body over to sit on the console as he gets to sit in the passenger seat.  If she'd gotten in the back one of the two would've had to let her out when they'd gotten to their destination and they wanted it to be quick and easy in case the Ghost Riders had them surrounded.

"Keys, keys!" Theo demands from Liam.  Liam opens the box he'd ripped off the wall inside and finds a bunch of different keys inside.  The three of them glance at each other.  "Are you serious?"

Liam grabs a key and hands it to Theo while saying, "Here."

Theo tries to put the key into the ignition but it doesn't fit.

"Give me another," Theo tells him.

"Which one?"

"Any of them.  Come on!"

"There's a lot of keys here!"

Luna studies the keys as the two of them bicker on which key will work.  Theo tries another key and groans angrily when it doesn't work.

"I really feel like you're not even trying right now, Liam," Theo shouts as Liam grabs another key.

Liam lets out a small scream after saying, "I'm trying."

Another one doesn't work and Liam hands him another key out of pure panic.  The key he hands Theo is much smaller and clearly wouldn't fit in the ignition.

"This isn't even a car key!"

Luna reaches out and grabs a key from the box, handing it Theo.

"Here.  It's this one," she states.  Theo puts it in the ignition, and the vehicle starts right up.

"Whoa!  Yes!  Go, go, go!"  Liam hits his hands on the dashboard, urging Theo to start driving.

Theo shifts the car into gear and hits the gas, backing up into the group of Ghost Riders that were starting to surround them.  Theo and Liam share a look with a smile on their faces as Luna stares ahead, waiting for him to drive forward.  Once he does, Liam tells him which roads to take.

Theo asks Luna, "How'd you know which key it was?"

Luna laughs, "The keys are labelled, smartass.  The number on the outside of the car is 95 so I just looked for the key that had the number on it.  I didn't just completely panic and grab random keys like some people."

Luna turns her head so she's staring directly at Liam.

"Hey, in my defense, Theo was yelling at me."

"Yeah, because you were handing me keys that wouldn't even fit in a car ignition!"

"Because you were yelling at me!"

"Guys!" Luna interrupts their bickering.  "It's okay.  We're out of there now.  We found the key.  We're good."

Theo shakes his head as he drives down an empty road.

"Where does this take us?" Theo asks.

Liam answers, "The hospital."

"Hospital?  Why the—What the hell are we supposed to do at the hospital?"

"Hide.  Look, we can't outrun them, right?  I know every inch of that building.  Every room, every corner."

"Hide, that's the best that we've got?"

"We just need to keep them away from Scott for as long as possible."

"Why?  What's he gonna do?"

"He's gonna remember."

"Remember what?"

"Stiles," Luna interjects.  "He has to remember everything about Stiles.  When Stilinski remembered, he created a rift and saw him.  If Scott or Malia or Lydia can do it, they can get him back.  I remembered him, but I wasn't as close to him as they were.  If it were you we had to remember, it'd be a different story."

"What if he can't?" Theo questions.

Liam replies, "Then the rest of us.  We get forgotten."

Hey, guys! Here's another chapter! Not a lot happened within it. More will next chapter so get ready for that!
What did you think of it?
I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please vote or comment what you think!
- chelsie
word count: 2540

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

10.3K 846 15
***: ХАРААЛ ИДЭГ WINWIN БИ ЧАМАЙГ АЛАХ БОЛНОДОО ***:Ээ Силги~~ уучлаарайдаа амь өршөө 4 охин ба тэдэнд тохиолдох хөгжилтэй , сонирхолтой түүхийг та б...
336K 6.9K 28
"𝑁𝑜 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝐿𝑢𝑘𝑒, 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘." (𝙻𝚞𝚔𝚎 𝙿𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚡 𝙵𝚎𝚖 𝙾𝙲) (𝙹𝙰𝚃𝙿 𝚂𝟷) 𝚂𝚃𝙰�...
321K 11.5K 68
𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 | ❝ I'm not Divergent, I'm Fractured. ❞ ━ IN WHICH Rita Rose, a young Factionless girl is given the chance of a lifetime. Or, al...
1.6M 40K 47
After joining the BAU, Isla Rafferty soon learns that fighting crime isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially with Spencer Reid around. [word coun...