Man in the Mirror || irwin (D...

By desmadres

She found something, or rather someone, she never expected to find in her new room. More

man in the mirror
prologue
[ part one ]
[ 1 ] 2013
[ 2 ] 2013
[ 3 ] 1960
[ 4 ] 2013
[ 5 ] 2013
[ 6 ] 2013
[ 7 ] 2013
[ 8 ] 2013
[ 9 ] 1960
[ 10 ] 2013
[ 11 ] 2013
[ 12 ] 2013
[ 13 ] 2013
[ 14 ] 2013
[ 15 ] 2013
[ 16 ] 2013
[ 17 ] 2013
[ 18 ] 2013
[ part two ]
[ 19 ] 2013
[ 20 ] 2013
[ 21 ] 2013
[ 22 ] 2013
[ 23 ] 2013
[ 24 ] 2013
[ 25 ] 1960
[ 26 ] 1960
[ 27 ] 2013
[ 28 ] 2013
[ 29 ] 2013
[ contest ]
[ 30 ] 2013
[ 31 ] 2013
[ 32 ] 2013
[ 33 ] 2013
[ winners ]
[ 34 ] 2013
[ 35 ] 2013
[ 36 ] 2013
[ part three ]
[ 37 ] 2013
[ 38 ] 2013
[ 39 ] 1961
[ 40 ] 2013
[ 41 ] 2013
[ 42 ] 2013
[ 43 ] 2013
[ 44 ] 2013
[ 45 ] 2013
[ 46 ] 1962
[ 47 ] 2013
[ 48 ] 2013
[ 49 ] 2013
[ 50 ] 2013
[ 52 ] 2013
sequel
MITM Series

[ 51 ] 2013

16.4K 1.2K 521
By desmadres

[ 51 ] 2013 

-

"If I can't have my life back, you can't have it either."

-

Harley was sat down in the grass of the large backyard, in a space secluded by trees and rose bushes. Cindy's laptop was atop a stone bench and a song was playing. It was a combination of Snoop Dogg's Drop it like its Hot and The Little Mermaid's Under the Sea.

The newly blonde haired teen watched as Cindy demonstrated the dance steps.

But everything looked so complicated to Harley. "Can you maybe move a bit slower?" She asked Cindy, "I don't think I'm getting it."

"Come on." Cindy smiled, offering her hand to help Harley get on her feet. "I think you'll understand better if you do it with me." She walked over to her laptop and paused the song. 

She stood next to Harley and motioned for her to follow her movements.

Cindy began with the routine moves slowly, and even then, Harley couldn't follow. Her feet and arms wouldn't move the right way and she was getting frustrated. She noticed how Cindy was trying her hardest to contain her laughter, but there was a point where it was too much for her to handle. 

"I'm sorry." She said between laughs. "I'm really sorry. I shouldn't be laughing."

"I'm never going to learn this." Harley bit her lip.

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, Cindy clapped her hands together. "Starting with the Mermaid Drop It was a bad idea. Lets try the band routine. That one is easier."

Harley watched Cindy's movements carefully, trying to follow the steps correctly. Though this routine was much easier, she felt her movements were stiff and she knew Cindy agreed when she said with a giggle. "You look like a dancing robot. People are gonna think you're making fun of Erick."

"Who's Erick?" Harley wondered.

"There's a boy on the soccer team that plays as forward and when he scores, he does the robot as a celebration dance." Cindy explained.

"This is why I didn't want to be a cheerleader." Harley complained.

Cindy patted her on the shoulder reassuringly. "You'll get it. You just need to keep practicing. Come on, try it again."

Harley nodded and attempted to get the routine down. The two girls spent several hours under the shade of the trees until the sun started to go down. That was when Luke went to look for them. "Cindy! Harley! Let's go eat dinner somewhere."

"Uh..." Harley looked at the blue eyed boy who jogged up to them. "Aren't you having dinner with your parents?" Like a normal family, she almost wanted to add. Then she mentally scolded herself for thinking that. Right. Like your own family is normal.

Cindy shook her head. "Dad's too busy at work. And mum is probably out shopping somewhere."

"But its the weekened." Harley pointed out.

"Every day is a work day for dad." Luke told her. "He says one can either have a family life or a lot of money. He chose the money."

"So you two practically live here all by yourselves?" Harley asked.

Cindy nodded, looking down at the ground for a moment before lifting her head to look at Harley. Forcing a smile on her face, she said in her ever present cheerful voice. "We have the people who work for us and our nana Mary is always here. She has cared for us our whole lives."

Harley didn't know how lonely they really were. Which was probably why they surrounded themselves with so many people at school. They wanted to replace the care they lacked at home with the artificial care of people at school who would betray them in a blink if it meant they'd be the next Queen bee, just like Kylie had once been. Just like Cindy was now. And just what everyone wanted Harley to become.

Having a sudden and possibly short lived change of heart about Cindy, she smiled at her, suggesting something she never thought she'd suggest. "Why don't we order some pizza and have a sleep over with some of the other girls on the squad? We can watch movies and play games."

Cindy grinned at that. "Great idea! I love sleepovers."

Luke complained. "I don't want those girls here."

"Lock yourself in your room then." Cindy rolled her eyes at her twin brother.

.

.

.

.

But Luke did not lock herself in his room as Cindy suggested. Instead he invited his friends from the soccer team, which he had mentioned he co-captained. 

The girls were all gathered in the family room which was equipped with a fully stocked bar which was conveniently unlocked. Some of the girls grabbed a few of the bottles, but Harley refused to have any. She knew Ashton would disapprove and for one reason or another, his opinion was always important to her.

Cindy also stayed away from the alcohol.

Making an attempt at having an authentic sleepover, each of the girls dressed in their pajamas. Cindy let Harley borrow one of hers. She felt exposed in Cindy's clothes.

They were sat on the two couches and on the carpeted floor. There were bowls of popcorn, chips, or candies going around and there was a scary movie on. After the movie they had other typical sleepover activities planned.

But it was all ruined when they heard tapping on the glass sliding doors that led to the back yard where the pool was. None of the girls wanted to go see who it was, it was already dark outside and the movie had scared all of them. Even Harley who didn't scare easily was grabbing onto Cindy's arm tightly, the two flinching every time anything sudden happened.

The tapping continued for a few more minutes until they heard the wooden liding door open. It was the one that led into the kitchen.

Harley got a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach and seconds later, someone jumped out from behind the couch, yelling loudly and making every single girl in the room cry out in terror. Some of them nearly jumped ten feet into the air in fear. 

The boy who scared them was a boy in a few of her classes, but she couldn't remember his name.

She only remembered when Cindy kicked him in the ribs when he was rolling around on the floor laughing. "Jack! You scared us." She clutched her chest for a moment.

Jack laughed. "That was the point."

"I have an idea." Phoebe grinned. "Grab him and don't let him escape. He needs a make-over."

Grace nodded in agreement. "Someone write a note and tell them we have him in our hands and we'll hand him over after we get our revenge."

"Let Cindy write it!" Rin suggested. "She has the nicest writing."

.

.

.

.

Cindy wrote a letter of war declaration against the boys and though seemingly childish to her, Harley decided to participate. It wasn't often that she had a normal teenage life, especially since she moved into the old house.

All the girls got to work, doing Jack's make-up while Cindy ran up to her room to get a pretty dress and acessories for him to wear. He kept thrashing around and Harley waited until they were half-way done before she delivered the note, slipping it under Luke's bedroom door before rushing back towards the family room. On her way back, she saw a familiar person in the hallway. But it wasn't really a person.

It was the ghost of a former cheerleader.

Kylie.

Harley stopped dead in her tracks. "How did you get out of your mirror?" She asked.

Kylie smirked. "That doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm out and now I can make sure you stop trying to take over my life."

"Your pathetic life isn't something I want to have." Harley scoffed. "How stupid are you? Killing yourself over a boy? So he got a new girlfriend, big deal. He never loved you enough to stay, so why cry over him?"

"Shut up." Kylie hissed and suddenly everything started to shake in her anger. It was like an earthquake. The decorations and photographs hanging on the wall fell to the ground and shaking only intensified as the seconds passed. "Of course you want my life. Cindy was my best friend, Luke was my boyfriend, that was my spot on the cheerleading squad."

"Was." Harley pointed out. "Stop thinking about the past Kylie. You made your decision, now stick with it."

"No." The former cheerleader refused. "If I can't have my life back, you can't have it either."

-

so i had harley being a normal teenager for the night, but kylie had to ruin it. 

sigh.

but i am in an exceptional mood today cause baes, it has been a delightful football week. wednesday- argentina slaughtered germany. i mean, i like germany too, but this was an epic revenge match.

friday- brazil vs. colombia. and though i like both, i was cheering for cafeteros cause james. though they lost, it was a pretty violent revenge match.

saturday- mexico vs. chile. this wasn't a revenge match. but its the match that would have been played if mexico had beaten brazil at the world cup. and it was pretty even, with a 0-0 result. memo was a beast out there, not allowing goals to no bitches. and he was captain for like half of the game and my heart couldnt handle my aztec warriors. the feels.

sunday- germany vs. scotland. surprisingly it was a pretty even match. and though i adore germany with all my life, my heart always tends to go for the under dogs cause mexico is a big underdog, always underestimated by people. so it was a crazy game tho. first germany scored. then the most surprising thing happened: scotland tied. then germany scored again, thus winning. and MY CHIVAS PLAYED TODAY. against U de G. AND THEY KILLED. i finally get to celebrate a red and white victory after like six weeks of losing. 3-0 bitchachos! my bby CARLOS FIERRO scored two of those goals. so proud of my gueritooo.

but enough about my football feels.

i actually have a question of the day for you all: who is your all time favorite character in this story and who do you absolutely hate? my favorite is harley cause she's strong and she's a boss ass bitch. i'm not very fond of andrea, but she is my creation so i gotta love her :D

thank you for reading!

only 150K more reads before 1M. thank you all bbys.

i love you and i'll try to update again as soon as i can.

-clary xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.1K 2.2K 27
All you ever wanted is to have someone that you can trust, talk to, be yourself with and when you thought you found that someone, suddenly everything...
34K 2.6K 36
Someone who has become a stranger.
109K 2.2K 52
Lauren never knew that when she bumped into somebody, her life would change forever.
1.8K 31 11
She thought she had left that life behind but boy was she wrong, and now she is getting the apartment ready to house someone from her past that she t...