Fantasizing

By TJunell

Zen is not the most known or boldest person, but she never backs down. Coping with the death of her mother, h... More

Fantasizing
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilouge
Reality Just Set In

Chapter 28

12K 499 19
By TJunell

Chapter 28

Zen

"I don't wanna get up" I whined, throwing a pillow at King. It was about noon now and I haven't stepped foot out of King's bed. On the other hand, King had already been up and dressed. He had left while I was still sleep, and now he was back, and trying to get me up.

"Zen get that ass up. You been in my damn bed all day" He said, with a frown on his face. "My head is killing me" I whined again clutching the pillow. My head really was pounding. I had this weird feeling all over my body. I felt weak and tired. I just felt like I could vomit all of his sheets, and then take a nap.

"Take some aspirin and suck it up" He said before exiting the room and walking into the adjoined bathroom. I sighed and ignored his request. The last thing I planned to do today was get up. He could honestly suck my ass.

"Aye don't you gotta start that online school shit today?" King yelled from the bathroom. Even though the door was closed I could still hear him clearly. He was right. I did have to start online school today.

I couldn't even focus on life right now and I have to do some dumb ass school work. I groaned in frustration. "I do. Can you bring me your laptop?" I spoke, attempting to scream. He ignored me and turned on the sink; I'm guessing to wash his hands.

Moments later the door opened and he walked out. He had on a plain T-shirt, grey sweat pants, and some J's. He looked good even when he was in chill mode.

"You ain't doing your shit over here. You going home" he said walking over to me and sitting on the edge of the bed. I shook my head rapidly, only making my headache worse. I was at the point where it felt like there was something beating on my head.

"King, please don't make me get up!" I whined again. I knew I was acting like a baby, but that's actually what I felt like. A baby. A helpless, vulnerable, sick baby.

He sucked his teeth for awhile and looked me dead in my eyes. I poked out my lip, emphasizing the fact that I wanted to stay in his soft and comfortable king sized bed. "Aight Zen. You can stay" he finally gave in.

I win again. That little soft spot he has for me never fails, no matter what crazy shit I do. Trust me, I know me getting drunk was probably the worst thing I've done in a long time. I can't even imagine how I acted. The last thing I want is to act like Ian when he used to drink, and I know if I don't calm the fuck down then that's exactly how I'll end up.

King exited the room and came back with a Macbook in hand. "Here. Be careful, It's been a lil minute since I used it" He said, handing me the laptop.

King grabbed a sweat shirt from out of his neatly organized closet. For a boy King was surprisingly neat. He never missed a beat when it came to laundry, he hung his clothes and folded them, and even made his bed when he woke up, usually.

That was completely rare, but I like that he wasn't a complete pig. It was actually sexy, in a way.

"I'm out." He said leaving the room.

"Wait" I almost shouted, making him stop in his tracks.

"Where are you going? You just got back. You don't want to watch me start my first day?" I asked, kind of disappointed that he was leaving. I really didn't want to be alone at a time like this. I don't know why, but I really wanted King's company, especially since I was starting to develop more feelings for him. I couldn't help getting attached.

He chuckled a bit. "That would be fun ma, but I got shit to handle. I won't be gone long though, and I figured since you ain't going home I'd stop and see how Ms.Rice doing."

I mentally face palmed myself. I forgot all about my granny with this headache and all. One reason I had came to live down here was to take care of her, and I was almost completely neglecting my responsibilities.

"I'm sorry King, I can do it. Ju-"

"Nah, you good ma. I got it. I just want you to get all ya rest and feel better. It's some aspirin and water right there on the night stand. Imma bring back some food, but if you get hungry it might be some cereal or somthin' in there. Just focus, and then rest up. I'll be back in a couple hours" he said.

It made me smile that he cared so much, I was so lucky to have a friend like him. I honestly don't know where I would be in Arizona if it wasn't for King. He was my hero.

"Thank you" I mumbled before he disappeared behind the door. I smiled to myself again. King was exactly what I needed, someone who could look out for me instead of take advantage of me. Everything was actually falling into place.

I logged into school and started to focus, with a smile on my face.

Here I go

King

I grabbed the key to my car and walked out the door. Last night was crazy as hell. So crazy that I ain't even wanna be around Zen today.

Well it wasn't that I ain't wanna be around her, more so that I couldn't. She had a nigga thinking about getting serious and shit. It seem like the more I be around her the more feelings I catch.

It's been having me think so hard that I'm at the point that I wouldn't even mind being with Zen's ass. She just got me thinking different than my usual mindset.

Besides the fact, I did have other shit that I needed to do. I had just stopped at home to check on Zen.

It was rare that I had a girl in my bed for that long. Usually it was fuck and then get the fuck out of my house, but I couldn't really put my foot down with Zen. She seemed to be getting exactly what she wanted when it came to me.

I know she hurt about a lot of shit in her life, and like I mentioned before I can't be the one to hurt her even more. That shit would weigh heavy on me.

I put my thoughts to the back of my head and pulled out the driveway.

My first stop was to Zen's house. I forgot to ask her if she needed anything, but I'd just take care of that later. The other day Zen mentioned Ms.Rice's condition was getting worse, and I couldn't really help but worry about her.

Zen and most people don't know this, but over time she's done a lot to help a nigga out. Times I ain't have nobody, but myself and my thoughts she was there to listen. She's loaned me money, and even gave me a place to lay my head back when times were hard. Not to mention she was the reason I passed school. She was basically one of the best woman I'll ever meet. She's like a second mama to me.

The least I could do is see if she straight and take care of her grand daughter, but in reality I could never repay her for all the good she's done in my life.

I got the spare key down from the top of the door and unlocked it. I assumed she was sleeping in her room, and I ain't want her to have to come all the way down the stairs.

I called her name, but there was no answer. I called her name again, half expecting her to be asleep. Again there was no answer. I climbed the stairs becoming worried each step I took.

I finally reached her bedroom and opened the door slowly. Her body lay limply under the covers. Her eyes were closed, and her chest barely heaved up and down. She almost looked lifeless, but I could tell that she still had a little life in her.

I could tell her breaths were short, but I wish I couldn't. I could only hope that she was okay.

For the first time in a long ass time I started to worry. She didn't look well. At all. I hurried to her side and shook her gently, but hard enough to try and get her up. I didn't know what the fuck to do.

Her eyes opened, but she was squinting. She didn't speak, she only lay there, with her eyes half open.

I pulled out my phone and dialed 911 as quick as I could. "911 what's your emergency?" A woman said on the other line.

"Aye, my mama isn't looking good. Can you send a ambulance up here?" I said as quickly as possible. I don't know exactly why I called her my mama, but that's just what came out. That's what I thought of her as.

"Okay sir, what's your address?" She asked. I was stuttering but I managed to tell her the address. She asked me a few more questions and I answered to the best of my ability before ending the call.

I stayed at her side trying to get a response out of her. She was mumbling things incoherently, but it was better than nothing.

I couldn't believe that out of all the shit that could go down I was in this position. This kind of stuff never happened to me, and I still ain't know what to do. It was one thing that my own mama and Ms.Rice always told me to do, and that was the first thing that came to mind.

I bowed my head and silently said a prayer in my head.

Lord I know I ain't spoke to you in a lil minute, but right now I'm asking if you could just let Ms. Rice make it though this. Not only for her, but for Zen and lil Tommy. They need her. Amen.

I stayed with her until the ambulance came and took her away. My heart was pounding and I ain't really even know my next move, but I did know I had to let Zen know.

The paramedic asked me a few questions and then they left. I would've rode with them to go, but I had to go get Zen.

I shot Kane a text letting him know that it was an emergency and that whatever it was we were suppose to get into today that he would have to do his self. I know that nigga probably couldn't hold shot down without me, but he would just have to manage.

I drove slowly back to my house, even though it was an emergency. I was nervous as shit to tell Zen. It seemed like she was finally getting happy, and then some shit had to happen.

I arrived at my house faster than I had hoped. I hesitantly locked the car and walked in the house. As soon as I closed the door I heard Zen calling my name. "King" she squealed from the bedroom. I walked ahead and stood at the door.

"King you're back so fast? But anyway this is the best decision I have ever made. Like it's everything I wanted in school" she began, as she rambled on.

"Zen" I said. She stopped talking and looked up at me. Her eyes filled with hope and happiness. She looked like she was really excited about this school shit.

"I thought you were bringing food" She said with a frown on her face. She crossed her arms across her chest and pouted like a baby. It was cute as hell, but I know after I tell her this shit she wouldn't look like that no more

"Zen get up. We have to go to the hospital" I said, bluntly. Her face fell into a more serious frown. Her excited vibe changed to worry and she looked like she was about to cry any second.

She probably already knew what went down. I don't know how she felt, but I knew it couldn't be good. She got up out of the bed for I'm sure the first time today.

"Is it my granny?" She asked, but it came out as more of a statement than a question. A tear finally slid down her face. She stood on the other side of the bed in only a tank top and some oversized basketball shorts looking at me.

She didn't let me answer before she broke our eye contact and switched the basketball shorts for her jeans that she had on the night before. She didn't mind my presence, she just put them on in a swift motion. I tried my best not to let my eyes roam, but damn it was hard not to look.

I licked my lips and kept on staring. My mind was completely gone and I wasn't even thinking about the situation at hand. Her curves just drove a nigga crazy. And the way her ass sat up? It just made me want to s-

"KING!" Zen yelled snapping her fingers. I shook my head and looked up at her. She had just put on a sweatshirt that she had left over here a while ago and was trying to get my attention.

"Huh?" I mumbled looking at her, alert now. "Let's go" She murmured, before walking past me and out the door. I followed her, and by the time I was out the door she was already in the passengers seat.

She looked sad and angry at the same time. The shit was slick scary, but I just got in the car and pulled off. Zen stared out the window not saying a word. I drove fast trying to get to the hospital as soon as possible.

The ride was silent, I ain't even want to turn the radio on. I don't know what was on Zen's mind, but I honestly feel for her. She been throught shit that people wouldn't recover from in a lifetime. She was strong a hell. I salute her for that. I been through shit too, but it wasn't near a much as her.

When we finally arrived at the hospital Zen finally spoke. "What happened?" she whispered. I put the park and then turned to her.

"Shit was crazy. I walked in and it was like she was unconious or some shit. I don't even know what happened. The paramedic said it might not be serious, but I don't know."

She nodded and then wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. I ain't really know how to comfort nobody or nothing so I just sat there quietly. She continued to shed tears, before she gathered the courage to open the door and get out the car.

We walked up to the entrance and to the front desk. "How may I help you two?" The"receptionist said, behind the desk.

"We're looking for Barbara Rice" Zen said, leaning over the desk.

"Are you family?" She asked, with an eyebrow raise.

"Umm yes. I am her grand daughter and this is my brother" Zen lied. I nodded behind her going along with it.

The receptionist typed something into the computer and then looked up at us. "So you're seven year old Tommy?" she said glaring up at me.

I sighed "Look ma. We ain't up here to start shit. Can you just tell us the room number and mind your own fuckin' business?" I said bluntly.

The woman looked appalled. Usually Zen would object and say what I just said in a nicer way, but she just looked at the woman with blank stare.

"Room 213" the woman said pushing a clipboard to us to sign. I signed my name and the Zen signed hers and we walked to the room. The trip was silent again, and Zen's face looked even more worried than before. Her silence was killing me, but I ain't wanna make her mood worse by saying something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 7.8K 17
Bill Cipher has finally done it. He has take over the world and no one can stop him. Bill is king to this new world that he will shape in to his wor...
208K 1.5K 54
Sa muling pagkakataon subaybayan natin si Jude sa Malibog nyang kwento.At ang nga masasaya,malulungkot at nakakaiyak nyang karanasan. This story c...
214K 10.7K 90
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
35.2K 845 89
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...