Devotion // Patrick Kane

By alittlebitbias

A man devoted to his woman can be hard to come by. But they do exist.. and that's what Patrick Kane is to her... More

1 • PILOT
2 • PARTY
3 • OFFICIALLY A HAWK
4 • NEW TEAM
6 • NEIGHBORS
7 • ADJUSTING TO THE NHL
8 • COMFORT
9 • MIDDAY BLUES
10 • NEW COACH
11 • DRINKING WOES
12 • 30TH BIRTHDAY
13 • MIXED EMOTIONS
14 • SPEED
15 • NIGHT IN
16 • DALLAS
17 • CHRISTMAS
18 • WINTER CLASSIC PT1
19 • WINTER CLASSIC PT2
20 • CONFUSION
21 • STORM
22 • AFTER THE STORM
23 • TOGETHER
24 • OFF WEEK PT1
25 • OFF WEEK PT2
26 • QUESTIONS

5 • PATRICK KANE

1.9K 46 1
By alittlebitbias

                PATRICK KANE. Parker may have been biased towards the Dallas Stars having grown up in Texas; but, being in the same room as one of the greatest hockey players to live, intimidated the hell out of her. She felt starstruck just staring at him, with her mouth slightly ajar as he walked into the restaurant. Everyone stopped what they were doing to shake his hand and try to start a conversation with him. He was just a big of deal as she always assumed.

Her eyes darted over him multiple times since his arrival. He was so much prettier then she always thought he was. Apart of her still hoped he would stay away from her for a little bit, he was making her heart race and feeling jittery. She was so ready to meet him until he actually stepped foot in the building..

It took what felt like awhile, but Patrick finally made his way over with a smile. His stride was long and confident with his eyes never leaving her.

"Patrick Kane." the winger stuck out his large hand Parker's way once he got to her. For once, he towered over another hockey player.

"Parker Sullivan." she did her best to give him a firm handshake, and not seem too taken back. Looking up and making eye contact made her voice seemed to be snatched right from her throat. The first thing she couldn't help but notice were his beautiful blue eyes that just stared her down.

"It's nice to meet you. How's it going?"

"Uh, pretty good..." Parker genuinely didn't know what to do or say next. The air around them was already growing tense as it was clear how awkward things were. First times meeting people were almost always.. not ideal.

Patrick had this clear feeling, or aura to him. He had this confidence that screamed legendary hockey player. He had the vibes where he knew he was talented and important. However, just from his smile alone she could tell he was kind. Parker liked to think she could read people like no other; and if this conversation wasn't ideal, she liked the feeling she got from Patrick. Even though he made her insides feel flustered from one look. He was attractive in his khakis, nice shirt and with his curls peaking out.

She normally didn't care much about impressing people, but Patrick and every other person in this room she knew she needed to. First impressions were important and Parker felt like she was blowing it.

"Well we're happy to have you here. If you need anything let me know." Patrick gave her a sweet smile before he hesitantly placed his hand against her arm as a friendly gesture. Parker smiled back at him, thankful that he put an end to the conversation before it could take a turn. He then made his way back over to Debrincat's table.

"Thanks.." she simply whispered feeling flustered. He definitely must have thought she was uncomfortable as he turned and made his leave pretty fast.

             Parker internally groaned and scolded herself for acting like such a child. She definitely just made a fool of herself in front of Patrick Kane and definitely didn't want to have to look him in the eyes anytime soon. What did he think of her? She did her best at trying to shake off the incredulous feeling of eyes on her.

Making matters worse, Jonathan looked her way with a look. He heard the whole thing and was clearly holding back a laugh. She sure knew how to make an impression on his best friend.

"Oh shut it." Parker grumbled at him hoping he wouldn't say another word.

She went took a seat at the table and wanted to bury her face into her hands. When Jon took a seat besides her with Duncan next to them, they just had to bring it up.

"Good job embarrassing yourself in front of Kaner, kid."

"Thanks Duncan, don't think I'll ever forget that..." Parker glared his way.

This girl made Duncan laugh. She seemed carefree and just dry with how she talked, "Oh you'll fit in nicely here."

"But don't worry, Kaner's way more of a quiet type person than you'd expect. He's probably feeling awkward too."

The rest of the time Parker spent with her new teammates took a huge weight off her shoulders. Already, she could tell she was being accepted even without her hockey skills. For someone who didn't care what others thought of her, she certainly cared what her new team did. Her laid back attitude helped her now, along with her humor making her incredibly popular to go talk to. It was almost like she was on display as the men gathered around her. However, she didn't feel that way. Finally getting this out of the way helped her breathe, especially since she'd been worrying since signing her contract.

The only person still stuck on her mind was Patrick.

•••

"That's her right?" Patrick Kane had finally arrived at the restaurant after forgetting what today was. He was the final to arrive, and the final person that needed to meet the new female teammate. His eyes were able to find her easily in contrast to Jonathan's large form.

"Yep. She's pretty cool, we're gonna be friends I can tell." Alex DeBrincat said. They were around the same age, so it was easy for the two to click. He was similar to some of her college teammates and that right there assured they'd end up close.

"Already?" Patrick asked amused.

"Of course. She kinda reminds me of you."

"What?"

"Not in a weird way I swear... She's like awkwardly really laid back. I wonder what type of stuff phases her..." Alex realized he may have not explained her the best, but he trusted Pat could figure her out for himself. Besides, she really did seem like she could get along with him.

"I should probably go introduce myself." Patrick was definitely intrigued by Parker. He didn't know much about her besides the fact she goal-tended for Michigan and Bowman liked her. He was definitely unsure about having a girl on the team, it was a different situation for everyone. However, he tried to think that if she's always been on men's teams, then she'd be fine on this one too.

"Probably." Alex looked at the older man as he just stared at her, "she's hot right?"

"You, Alex, have a girlfriend. But yeah she sure is.. like damn." he felt his face start to heat up as he blatantly checked her out. She had a sweet body and her face was just, beautiful. Patrick couldn't remember the last time he saw a girl this good looking, or swooned over one he never met.

"She's also like super southern, that makes it better too."

"Don't go pining over the girl now, I'm sure she could easily put you in your place." Patrick spared another glance at the young goalie. She looked spaced out standing amongst everyone. Jonathan was next to her and it was easy for Patrick to see that the Captain was doing his best to include her in conversation. He remembered how crazy things were as a rookie.

"Nah that won't be an issue. I need someone to hang out with and play video games with."

"You sure she would?"

"I talked to her a lot earlier! We have similar interest. You'd like her too."

"Alright well," Patrick patted Alex on the back to signal he would be taking off, "I'm gonna go head over."

"Have fun!"

Patrick smoothed his shirt as he walked over to the girl. Him and Parker almost immediately made eye contact and he tried to smile. His heart felt like it was going to beat out of his chest, and he hadn't felt overwhelmed like that in awhile. It was a rather foreign feeling to Patrick to get nervous over a girl. She was wearing jeans, a nice shirt, her hair was down and framing her face perfectly. The new goalie was sure as hell beautiful and he wanted to get to know her ever more.

He had not been expecting his first conversation with Parker to go so.. interestingly. It could've been so much worse; however, the air was just weird around them and she clearly didn't want to give him the time of day. She just seemed rather awkward. He immediately made his way back to Alex so he could let his friend know that Parker wasn't going to be too fond of him. Patrick really wasn't sure what to make of it. His mind could only rack with reasons of why she might not like him.

"So uh, that didn't go too great."

"What do you mean?" Alex lifted an eyebrow at Patrick as he came back over and took a seat looking exasperated.

"Don't think she's a fan.. Didn't say much so I figured I'd leave her be." Pat just have a small shrug, before picking up the glass of water in front of him.

"Huh. We had this whole conversation, she's pretty dope... Maybe she was like starstruck for something?"

"Yeah okay. I'm sure it was just that." he rolled his eyes before quickly glancing her way. He barely said two things to her, he couldn't have said something wrong.

"I'm sure this is a lot for her and it's not like your her age so I wouldn't worry."

Pat chuckled at the younger mans words of wisdom. He reached up and ruffled Alex's hair in return."Wow when did you get so mature?"

"Don't act so surprised! I have my moments."

"Just what we need."

Patrick looked back over at Parker, this time seeing her engaged in a conversation with Jonathan and Duncan, finally sitting with a few others. She seemed completely normal talking to them, with a genuine smile on her lips. He could over hear them talk, and her accent is what tore his attention towards them. It wasn't as noticeable in their simple exchange, until now. Alex was right, she was really southern. Hearing "y'all" wasn't a normal thing for him to hear so it definitely caught his attention.

"Bro don't just stare at her."

"Chill." Patrick mumbled. Apart of him wondered whether he should head over there in hopes they could connect better. But then there was another part of him that figured he should leave her be for a bit. She was dealing with enough right now and there would be many chances in the future for them to talk. They would have months.

Patrick was ready for the season to start. His summer felt far too long and the best part was the World Championships in May. If it hadn't been for that month than he was sure he would have gone crazy. This sport was his life, in fact it was the love of his life that he never wanted to give up. He spent this summer working hard, almost starting from scratch to get in the best shape of his life; and it paid off. In just a few short months Patrick would be turning 30, and he knew he needed to adapt as he got older to keep up with the game; even if he didn't feel old.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 4K 53
Sometimes it's easier to stay with someone you've been with. You've opened up, let them know all your secrets and darkest thoughts. But it's not alwa...
3.7K 129 11
Jamie and Patrick are like a cat and a dog; they don't get along. After Jamie St.Cloud joins the Chicago Blackhawks as an intern during college, she...
20.8K 338 19
Christina is a 23 year old working and living with her best friend when her life gets turned upside down and shaken up. Eventually her life gets back...
220K 2.4K 39
Nolan Patrick, 20-year-old 2nd overall draft pick for the Philadelphia Flyers, he was a shy guy who didn't know how to deal with the attention of bei...