Her Mentor [BeyxMani]

Por jblingy

Normani dreams of making it in the entertainment industry and gets the opportunity of a lifetime when her bos... Mais

Author's Note
Her Mentor [Prologue]
Her Mentor Part 1
Her Mentor Part 2
Her Mentor Part 3
Her Mentor Part 4
Her Mentor Part 5
Her Mentor Part 6
Her Mentor Part 7
Her Mentor Part 8
Her Mentor Part 9
Her Mentor Part 10
Her Mentor Part 11
Her Mentor Part 12
Her Mentor Part 13
Her Mentor Part 14
Her Mentor Part 15
Her Mentor Part 16
Her Mentor Part 16
Her Mentor Part 17
Her Mentor Part 18
Her Mentor Part 19
Her Mentor Part 20
Her Mentor Part 21
Her Mentor Part 22
Her Mentor Part 23
Her Mentor Part 24
Her Mentor Part 25
Her Mentor Part 27
Her Mentor Part 28
Her Mentor Part 29
Her Mentor Part 30
Her Mentor Part 31 (A)
Her Mentor Part 31 (B)

Her Mentor Part 26

2.1K 112 92
Por jblingy

It had been a while since Normani had hung out with friends. Her communication with Lauren, Dinah, and Ally had dwindled with the girls all living their own lives. Her own life now consisted of working in the recording and dance studio, maintaining her fitness, networking with people in the industry, and of course, spending time with Beyoncé.  As for Justine, Normani didn't even have to cut her off because Justine was seemingly living under a rock now. It was a shame because Normani loved her like a sister.

"This my song!" Ryan gushed to Normani.

Normani smiled and danced with her to "Nice for What." Princeton did a two-step as he drank. After catching up with Ryan over lunch, Normani invited her to the club as her plus one to Princeton's outing.

"Drama at 5'o'clock, drama at 5'o'clock," Princeton alerted Normani in her ear.

She was confused. "Huh?" She watched as the male moved his head to the side and following his vision, she saw Teyana coming towards her. To say she was staring Normani down was an understatement. The gaze was so strong that Normani knew she couldn't play it off like she didn't see her.

Princeton noticed his friend's reaction and danced in front of her, attempting to block her from Teyana.

"Excuse me," Teyana said, bumping him out of the way, sending his drink to the floor.

He was irate. "Yo!"

"My bad. You want me to get you another one?"

"No." Princeton rolled his eyes.

"Aight." Teyana turned towards Normani who was focused on Princeton. She looked shocked.

"You good, Prince?" Normani asked him.

"He good, it's just a drink, he'll live," Teyana said.

"You better not start no shit," Princeton pointed at Teyana.

"Who the hell you think you talking to, nigga?" She got in his face, clenching a fist.

"Okay, okay," Normani said, getting in between them.

"I ain't trying to start shit. I don't even know why yo' ass cockblocking when we know you don't like girls no way." Teyana looked him up and down.

Princeton, darkened, considered saying something but chose to walk away.

"Is everything okay?" Ryan asked, approaching Normani. Her eyes darted between her and Teyana.

Normani sighed and was about to answer when Teyana beat her to it.

"You a model?" Teyana asked Ryan.

"No."

"You need to apologize to Princeton," Normani told Teyana.

"Apologize? I offered to buy that nigga a drink."

"I'll go check on him," Ryan said before leaving.

"Okay but come back!" Normani called after her. She then looked at Teyana and shook her head at her. "Girl, you are a piece of work, you know that?"

"A work of art, yeah I know." Teyana ran her fingertips over her own pixie.

Normani tried not to smile.

"Anyway, why you been acting like a stranger?" Teyana asked.

"I haven't been acting like a stranger..."

"You changed your hours at the studio so I wouldn't see you no more. Did I do something?"

Normani could see that Teyana actually cared about their lack of contact. She masked another smile.

"No, not at all, that change had nothing to do with you." I am lying my ass off, Normani thought. "I just had to time manage better." She laughed when Teyana narrowed her eyes. "I'm for real, Tey. There's no beef."

"Yeah, aight. You know that song you liked from me?"

"The 'are you gonna love me' one?"

"You better had remembered. Yeah. I'm making that my new single."

Normani smiled widely. "Aw, that's great!"

Teyana smirked some. "You haven't heard the final version yet. Come to the crib tomorrow—any time. Relax, you look scared like I'mma Harvey Weinstein you or shit."

"No!" Normani playfully pushed her arm and Teyana laughed. "I'm so done with you."

"Beyoncé got you on a tight leash?"

Normani made a face. "No."

"Then come over. How many industry friends you have anyway? Not including Beyoncé."

Except for Justine, Normani couldn't think of any. Zendaya was a thing of the past and Lori was....well, we know what she was.

"I have Princeton..." Normani said as Teyana sucked her teeth.

"I'm talking about another artist."

"Are you trying to low-ball me into being your friend?"

The girl with the nose-ring chuckled throatily. "Low-ball you? Nah. I feel like we connected those times and I don't get a fake vibe from you. I'm just trying to keep the friendship going." She shrugged.

It would be good to have a friendship or rapport with another artist in the game who was still on the rise. And it was true, they had connected. Normani was happy with Beyoncé and Teyana didn't seem like she wanted Normani, so there was nothing to worry about.

"Okay, friend," Normani said, causing them both to smile. "What's your address?"

#

Normani twirled in her dress.

"You know I love you in yellow," Beyoncé said.

"Yup." Normani beamed and strutted over to her mentor. "And you know I love when you have my babies out." Her baby brown eyes turned downcast at the ethereal yet juicy cleavage on display.

Beyoncé laughed.

"You're laughing, but if we weren't going out for brunch right now, I'd suck the hell out them titties," Normani assured.

"You bad girl. Do I need to spank you?"

"Whatever you want."

"I know you won't let me spank you in front of your friend."

"Beyoncé! That would be awkward as fuck, no."

Leaning forward, the CEO laughed and nodded. "You right. I would scare her off."

Normani smirked. "That's the last thing that would happen. Who wouldn't want to see you spanking someone? But it would be awkward for me. And only you because you might hire her."

"That's why I said I would scare her off. She doesn't want to see her boss in that way. Then again, you did." Beyoncé did the "sips tea" gesture.

"You damn right. My manifestation skills are on point." She grinned.

"Oh, is that what you call it?" Amusement filled Beyoncé's visage.

"Yeah! I manifested you. Or us."

"You should tell your parents that."

"Haha, very funny." Sarcasm etched the young artist's tone.

Beyoncé smiled and pulled her close, squeezing her waist. Biting her lower lip, she absorbed the tantalizing view of her baby girl in a ruffled, mustard-yellow dress that she beautifully filled out. "Looking like a...what do y'all call it? Snack?"

Normani was full of mirth as she warmly regarded the other woman. "You learn good, mama. Even though you are a whole Thanksgiving dinner. Aww, I got you blushing."

"If I'm that, then you're a whole restaurant."

Both of them smiled hard afterwards.

Speaking of restaurant, their outing for tonight took place at Nobu, which was deemed the finest of Japanese cuisine. Ryan met the couple there.

Normani could see the sheepishness in Ryan as she saw Beyoncé. She hugged her friend and then made the introductions. "Hey Ryan, this is Beyoncé. Beyoncé, this is my friend Ryan."

Ryan extended her hand and Beyoncé smoothly rejected it. "You're Normani's friend, we can hug."

Normani held in a laugh as she watched Ryan's eyes widen at her in amazement as she and Beyoncé embraced.

They got situated at their table with a waiter briefly appearing before giving them time decide on what to order.

"So Mani told me you guys met from seeing each other at auditions all the time," Beyoncé said, making conversation.

Ryan laughed silently and nodded. "Those were the days. We low key bonded also because we were both little brownies."

"Yeah," Normani agreed.

"We would get rejected like crazy and that pretty much opened the door for helping each other out. Seeing how we could get better," Ryan continued.

"That reminds me of my days with Michelle and Kelly," Beyoncé said. Only to Normani, did she notice the way she ran over Kelly's name like she didn't really want to say it. "It's good to come up in a sisterhood. You know, having a support system."

Normani gave Beyoncé a slight side eye about "sisterhood" and Kelly, but she nodded nonetheless and said "yeah" in unison with Ryan.

"Sisterhood is so important. Which by the way, I think it's amazing that you decided to take Normani under your wing," said Ryan, smiling.

Beyoncé smiled. "She's a star. Right, love?" she addressed Normani.

"She loves to embarrass me," Normani joked. "We're not here to talk about me."

Beyoncé looked at Ryan and playfully rolled her eyes in response to Normani. The waiter came to take their orders.

"I can't praise you?" Beyoncé asked Normani when the waiter left.

"I didn't say that," Normani lightly said. "I just don't go around calling myself a star." She shrugged, laughing some.

"I know, but it's okay to know you're great. If you don't believe it, how is the audience going to?"

"She has a point," Ryan piped up when it was silent. "Well of course you do, you're Beyoncé."

"What kind of work are you looking for?" the mentor asked Ryan.

"I want to work behind-the-scenes. Before I wanted to perform on stage, but I outgrew that."

"Really, why is that?"

"Jaded I guess, and I just lost interest. I think the real power is backstage."

Beyoncé took her words in. "What part of the behind-the-scenes do you see yourself involved in?"

"Probably A&R. I want to have artists' backs and help them execute the direction they want for their album."

"A woman who knows what she wants," Beyoncé remarked, visibly impressed. She looked at Normani who agreed.

Ryan smiled. "It's kind of all I think about."

"Which artists would you like to work with? Name any."

"Luke James comes to mind."

"He's her crush," Normani teased.

"Yeah, but he's also criminally underrated," Ryan said in defense.

Beyoncé smiled. "He is talented. I worked with him before. He seems to be doing well in acting, no?"

"Yeahhh, but he should be on Usher's level in my opinion." She paused. "I'd love to work for this one right here though." She smiled, nodding at Normani.

"Since Luke isn't available huh?" Normani joked.

Ryan smirked. "Oh stop. You know I told you I want to be on the winning team. Plus, I have the advantage because I've worked with you before."

"Say it louder for the people in the back," Normani cupped a hand to the side of her mouth, mimicking one of her favorite songs.

"I know how to go and get a bag, don't I," Ryan sang.

Beyoncé looked between the two girls in amusement.

"I'm honored you wanna be on my team," Normani told Ryan, winking.

"And it's perfect timing," Beyoncé said. "Parkwood is having a meeting about some campaign ideas for Mani."

Ryan's face lit up even more. "That sounds fun!"

"Why don't you come?" Beyoncé suggested.

"Yeah!" Normani said.

"I'm there. I don't even need to check my calendar. I am there."

"It's a date."

Their food soon came, and they tore up their meals while still having good conversation. As Ryan was sharing a story about her grandma, Normani's phone rang. Teyana's name popped onto her screen. The young artist froze. She had nearly forgotten about the fiery entertainer.

Beyoncé glanced at Normani curiously, probably wondering if she was going to answer her phone. She pushed down on the volume button on her phone before focusing on her girlfriend and friend again.

But then her phone resumed ringing over and over. What in the hell? Normani thought, seeing it was Teyana.

"Mani, you okay?" Beyoncé asked.

"Yeah, I'll be back." Normani grabbed her clutch and phone. She asked a waitress for the bathroom and then followed the directions of the huge establishment. She answered Teyana's call. "Hello?" she made sure to show she was annoyed by the back-to-back calling.

"I been trying to reach you," Teyana said.

"I can see that. Is there an emergency?"

"No. But you didn't let me know if you're coming through. I can't be waiting around, you gotta communicate, girl."

"...I'm sorry, Teyana. It doesn't look  like I'mma make it."

The other end was quiet before Normani heard Teyana suck her teeth. "I would've been shocked if you did show up."

Normani couldn't help but smile wryly. "It just doesn't work out, my friend is here."

"Which friend?"

"The one who was with me at the club, the one who you asked if she was a model."

"Oh yeah, I remember her. She's beautiful."

"Yeah."

"She like girls?"

Normani chuckled. "No."

"That's what they all say at first. Anyway, I just wanted you to hear the final version of 'Gonna Love Me' but since you wanna be difficult—"

"What time are you gonna be at the studio tomorrow?"

Teyana quieted down for a second or two. "7pm, why?"

"I'll meet you then. I wanna hear it."

"I'll believe it when I see it."

Normani laughed. "I'm deadass. I'll be there."

"Bring Ryan with you if you do come."

"I said she don't like girls like that."

Teyana just laughed.

AN: Shoutout to @mdcoolstuff, you encouraged me to bring Teyana back. I'd been thinking about it but was unsure about when to do so. Sending love to all my readers.  More to come. 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1.2M 31.7K 112
Fluff Triggers Girl P.O.V GxG
6.7K 195 20
Normani and her family moves to Los Angeles California and Normani meets the most prettiest girl four houses down from her family's house and they se...
119K 6K 72
She's my rival... I could never love her... A Norminah Story (Written in Normani's POV) (G!P) (GxG) (14+) Cover by: @willbyrons COMPLETED.
171K 6K 34
First, you're 18 and in love. You're at the peak of your youth and everything you've ever dreamed of is possible. Then, you're as good as homeless...