Everything Will Be Just Fine...

Autorstwa clara_wr1tes

COMPLETED / PAUL LAHOTE FANFICTION Alexandra had never thought anything bad would happen to her. When it did... Więcej

Songs
Prologue
1. Slow down !
2. It Looks Like You're High On Sugar
3. They Ate Pizza To Celebrate
4. You Are Officially My New Friend
5. What Does NF Stand For ?
6. The Sharks Will Eat You
7. We're Not Five Anymore !
8. So Not Nice To See You
9. A Reasonable Reason
10. Sit Down
11. Want To Make A Bet?
12. You Said You'd Grow Old With Me
13. Haven't You Heard The Wolves ?
14. The Fairy Can Come And Heal You
15. Don't Be Sad
16. Your Head Kind Of Looks Like An Egg
17. Things Are Going Back To Normal
18. Going Back To School
19. We Are Leaving
20. He Joined Sam's Gang
21. You Jerk !
22. You Don't Understand What Is Happening
23. I Care
24. She's Hurt Because Of You !
25. What The Heck Is Going On?
26. Lot Of Explanations To Do
27. I Want It To Stop
28. I Thought You Were My Friend
29. I Hate This
30. I Feel At Home
31. Messing With My Head
33. Tell You The Truth
34. I Don't Follow Her Advice
35. What Tumor ?
36. She Fell Into A Coma
37. Gillian Is Here
38. Princess
39. Dobby Is A Free Elf !
40. Is He Thinking Of Hitting Me ?
41. It's Like In My Nightmares
42. I'm Having A Single Date
43. I Don't Want You Here
44. I Love You
45. I Don't Know Where She Is
46. They Took William With Them
47. They really Did Set This House On Fire
48. So Damn Grateful
49. I'll Fight With You
50. Bad Choice
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
notice

32. You'll Have To Reach High Expectations

5.2K 121 5
Autorstwa clara_wr1tes

"I have good news !" Dr. Stevens says as a greeting. We're Monday and I'm back at the hospital, waiting for her.

She sits next to me and pants a bit from all her running. In her hand, I can see the RMI I took thirty minutes ago. She catches her breath a bit and when she looks at me, a big smile is on her face.

"Dr. Cullen came back yesterday !" she announces, clapping her hand excitedly. "He'll be able to help a bit with all this. Careful, I have big news." She pauses and closes her eyes, accentuating the drama. "The tumor stopped growing !" she shouts.

"Really ?" I ask, putting my hands over my mouth. "It's not a sick joke, is it ?"

"No, Alexandra." Someone enters the room and I smile at Dr. Cullen. "The tumor stopped growing and it even shrinked a little bit. Of course, we aren't sure about anything, but we are very positive."

"How was the little trip ?" I ask bitterly. I know he left because of Edward and his problem with Bella. And it makes me mad because some people needed him here and he had to leave. Dr. Stevens alone with all my problems.

"It was... rewarding." he says as he checks my immune system's test result. "Your immune system is weak, but you should be fine with what Dr. Stevens will give you."

He hands her back the test results. "Good job on keeping her alive, Dr. Stevens." he half-jokes. She blushes and stares at the door after he leaves.

"Where were we ?" she suddenly comes back to reality. "Ah, yes ! I noticed someone was close to you during the few days I specifically asked you to see no one." she tells me. "Who was it ?" she asks innocently. "Your boyfriend ?"

"No." I blush, just like she did seconds earlier. "Why ? Did it stop the tumor from shrinking more ?"

"Not at all. On the contrary, it seems your body reacted to the proximity by stopping the tumor from growing." she says, winking at me. "Again, your immune system is weak, so don't go hugging anyone. I'll prescribe you some medicine and we'll see you again on Wednesday."

"What's the next step ?" I ask brusquely. "Will the tumor forever be a part of my body ?"

She looks nervous at the moment. "I suppose we will operate you at some point. But no worries, you're going to live !" she laughs before leaving the room.

*****

"Bella went to Italy to save Edward ?" I say, not believing an ounce of what Embry is telling me.

We are actually going to the cinema to watch the new Marvel film. I love their movies and so does Embry. Surprisingly, he was the one to propose we go see it.

"Yeah. She went all crazy after the pixie told her the news and demanded that she take her. Or so said Jacob." he explains, buying some popcorn".

"I can imagine her going all crazy." I say.

Just when we are going to enter the cinema room, I have the impression of someone watching us. I look around and freeze when I see Kate. Her popcorn box fell from her hands, but she doesn't seem to care as she continues looking at us.

I know what she's thinking and I start walking towards her. She glares at me with tears in her eyes and runs away from me. I can only call her name and try following her.

*****

I hate not being able to talk with Kate. I want my best friend back, I want to tell her everything, I want to laugh with her... I miss my best friend and I'm sad about what happened.

After the cinema incident, I wasn't in the mood to watch the movie so I left Embry alone. He didn't understand a thing and I had to suppress my anger. If only he hadn't come see me at the hospital last time, Kate and I would be watching together the movie.

"Knock, knock." I hear Embry say from the front door. I groan, getting out of the comfortable couch. I open the door and smile sweetly, yet evilly at him.

"Yes ?"

"I have to talk to you about Kate." he tells me, walking past me.

"Oh just go on. Walk like you own the place." I mutter.

"I can hear you, you know !" he says.

"Damn those supernatural ears !" I swear and he laughs at my word. "So, concerning Kate..."

"She's my imprint." he says and I frown.

"Your... imprint. What's an imprint ?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Really ? Paul didn't say anything about it ?" I remember the time Paul was here at night and snap my fingers.

"Oh, yes he did ! Eternal love, best friend, brother, lover, blablabla." I say until realization hits me. "Kate is all that to... you ?!" I scream like a fan-girl. "Oh my gosh... it's perfect ! She's going to be so happy !" I squeal. "We have to make a plan in which you tell her everything and..." I look at Embry and stop.

He has a guilty face. "You didn't. You didn't tell her everything, proclaimed your love to her and all, without me, did you ?" I say between my teeth, considering at the same time numerous ways to kill him.

"I did tell her everything. That's the problem : she thought I was joking and then, to prove I was right, Ikindoftransformedintoawolfinfrontofher."

"Repeat the last words, please." I say.

"I transformed in front of her." he admits and my eyes widen. "She screamed and ran away. I came to your house because I don't know what to do next."

"Well first, you owe me one." He's about to protest but I cut him off. "I was rooting for you guys since the beginning, you should've done that when I was here. You owe me one." I glare at him.

"Fine." he mumbles.

"Secondly, go see her. Honestly, if a guy told me he was in love with me, I wouldn't believe it. She has to know you're sincere about it."

He nods. "I'll go to her house."

"Add a bouquet of roses, her favorite flower, and a box of chocolate and you're good to go." I add and put my hand on his shoulder. "Dear padawan, it has been an honor being your friend for such a short time. Good luck on your mission." I joke.

"Shut up." he says, pushing my hand off.

Just when I'm about to say something, my phone rings. I take it out of my pocket and freeze when I see the ID. Kate is calling me right now.

*****

"What do I do ?! What do I do ?!" I screech, holding my phone with just the tip of my fingers as if it were a disgusting thing. "It's Kate !"

"Your problem ! I can't do anything !" he says, trying to run away. I grab his shirt to keep him from escaping the house and starts choking.

"I use my favor ! Answer her !" I order, throwing my phone to him. If he lets it fall, I swear he will... He catches it.

"Okay, okay..." he says, accepting the call and putting on the speaker. "Beep ! Hi, I'm not here, but please leave a message after the beep. Beep !" he says in a high pitch voice.

I sigh and hit him in the arm. My voice doesn't sound like that.

"Hum, okay. Hi Alex, it's Kate. I just wanted to talk to you, but I guess I can't... I miss my best friend. Also, I really, really, really, need to talk to you. Call me as soon as you can. Bye." she says in a quiet voice.

I stay silent, not moving. Embry gives me back the phone. "What are you going to do ?" he asks me.

"I guess I have to call her back." I say. I do miss my best friend. My hands shake as I press the 'call back' button.

"Hey." she says, sounding sad.

"Hi, Kate." I whisper. "Listen, I wanted to tell you that Embry and I were friends again, but I didn't want you to feel as if I was betraying you, so I took the choice to say nothing, which was really stupid, but now, I know I should've done that and I feel so stupid and I'm the worst best friend in the whole world and..." I could've talked for a good hour of all I've done wrong but she talked over me.

"ALEX !" she yells and I stop. "Listen to me and stop talking. Embry told me he loves me just a few minutes earlier !" she squeals and I laugh.

"You sound like those girls in movies." I admit and she joins my laughter. "So, how do you feel about that ?"

"I... I am happy that he loves me. Gosh, you know I've loved him since decades ! I'm just scared that it's all just a big joke."

"Kate, I'm sure he's going to show up at your doorstep, sing a love song, throw chocolates and roses in the air and tell you he loves you. Like in those romantic movies you like." I tell her and stare at Embry, mentally telling him to do that.

He makes grimace and I stick my tongue at him.

"Thanks." she pauses. "I miss my best friend."

"Me too."

"Can you come over for a sleepover ? We'll watch some movies and talk boys."

"Sure ! Let's say Saturday night ?"

"Okay. I'll call you later, I kind of need help with some math problem."

"Send me the math problem and I'll send you the answer." I tell her. "Bye !"

She says goodbye and we hang up. I turn around and face Embry.

"You'll have to reach high expectations, buddy."

"I hate you."

"I love me, too." 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

135K 3K 33
She had known pain. She had felt hate. She would battle both on her way to happiness, and damn... it was a long road. *** Diana hadn't heard from h...
316K 7.5K 99
"I've never seen you around here before, are you new?" "No, I've lived here my whole life, but my parents don't allow me outside of the house, someth...
469K 7.6K 10
[BOOK ONE] [RE-WRITING] "You're my personal superhero" Grace Evens just wanted to live her life the way she wanted it, never did she think her goals...
370K 12.9K 45
「𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗘」❝ I dont understand these human emotions ❞ ▪︎Synopsis ▪︎ Zahra was oblivious to the world that existed out of the water. As the only off...