Raising the Stakes; Zelink Co...

By Inastaria

Zelda, the governor's daughter, is an aspiring author who can only write in coffee shops. Forced by her fath... More

Preface (Updated)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
~My break announcement~
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six; Epilogue
Good 'ol Deleted Scenes
To The Future!
My New Story!

Chapter Fifty Three

2.3K 82 32
By Inastaria

All remained quiet as I opened his office door, slipped inside, and shut it softly behind me.

I stood still for a moment then crept forward and wasted no time in going for the safe. The combination was his wedding date. Not because of any love for my mother.

I had this under control. Everything was going fine.

The lock clicked and I held in a huge sigh of relief.

I reached into the back of the safe, pulled out something heavy, then reached back in for another. Then... I had a gun in my hand and one on the floor.

I didn't like how it felt... but it would keep me safe. I set it very gently beside me as I began.

I worked by the light of my phone as I took out several trays of documents and began to take pictures of them, hoping that the flash on my camera couldn't be noticed through the windows or under the door. I took picture after picture, every second passing making me more and more terrified.

Terrified that maybe I'd have to play chicken with a firearm. That maybe Cole would find me and not care that my father would want me alive. Maybe he'd shoot me, and I wouldn't die. Maybe--

I gritted my teeth. I had to focus. Just a few more files. A few more drawers.

Then that was it. I was finished. I put the safety back on the gun, then slipped both of them into my waistband to transport them unnoticed. Goddess, they were heavy... I put my phone in my pocket and slipped out of the office door.

I could feel the metal on my back. Such a stupid thing to do with a loaded gun, but I had no other choice. Just walk carefully... and don't shoot yourself in the leg.

First thing first... drop off what I promised my mother, then get to my room and send the pictures. I walked calmly to the end of the east hall and leaned one of the guns on the wall behind the plant's pot. It shouldn't be found before my mother checked.

I didn't know what she would use it for... I hoped she'd never have to use it. I hoped everything would work out as I'd planned.

Then I went back to my room.

... I didn't make it all the way there.

I was in the main hall when Cole found me. "Well, well, well... is the princess so tired of being home already?"

I turned slowly to face him. He looked casual, but I knew he was just itching to give me more trouble than he thought I deserved. Seeing as I'd just gathered evidence to blackmail his boss, and left a gun for his wife to find... I did actually deserve it for once.

"I'm not running away."

"Then why are you at the front doors dressed to leave?"

"I wanted to take a walk."

Cole smirked. "Oh, yes. How rude of me to doubt." He closed the distance between us and grabbed my wrists before I could go for the gun he had no idea I had.

"Let me go!" I growled, yanking my wrists against his grip.

He didn't let go, he smiled. "I think I'll take you straight to your father and let him deal with you." A glimmer entered his eyes, despite the only light coming from the moon through the windows on the ceiling.

I pulled again, hard, but all that did was hurt. "You bastard let me go!" I kicked at his legs in the faint light.

He let go of one of my wrists and struck me hard on the jaw.

Despite the stars I saw, he'd made a mistake to let one of my hands go.

I didn't get to take that opportunity, however, because a loud voice interrupted us. "What's going on." The commanding tone also sounded bored. How very typical.

We both froze at it anyway. Cole looked toward my father but I couldn't.

This wasn't... going to plan. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 11.1K 34
irls if ur here piss off /lh 𝘆/𝗻 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘂.𝗮 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘄𝗻 𝗼𝗻 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗶𝗻 𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗽𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗮𝗻𝗱 �...
93.9K 4K 31
There once lived a person who couldn't do many things. Sure, their grades were alright in their eyes, and their life was going smoothly for the most...
27.4K 889 9
Twilight finds herself in a mental asylum filled with blood thirsty ponies. When she tries to find her friends, she gets to watch them die at the han...
782K 30.9K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...