Bruises

By Dragonsbone

"Kit and Emilia, two good friends. Some people could say that they are best friends. But, what is happening w... More

~I'm here~
~Can't you see?~
~Good morning~
~It's time~
~What are you doing?~
~Just married~
~Sunrise~
~Belfast~
~Can I be the one?~
~Dream~
~Goodbye~
~Late~
~It's not too late~
~Home~
~Last Christmas~
~Papers~
~Family~

~Alone~

1.1K 44 8
By Dragonsbone

Hey there! The next chapter is here again! It took me less than I thought😆 Although I can't say that it's a good chapter as I hadn't the proper time to write. Anyway! Remember that every story becomes better with music, so put your playlist on and enjoy! Don't forget to leave a comment about your thoughts, you are the greatest motivation for a writer. Enjoy! <3

Los Angeles, September

  The clock on the grey wall is ticking, yet time's not flying. He told me to wait here until he'll come back in any minute.
  I preferred to come here, in LA, rather than London. Privacy is higher here, as it is a really big city.

"So, Mrs. Clarke.", he said entering his office. "I have the results of your last week's exams in my hands. Are you ready?"

"Yes, please."

"Well...", he sat on his office chair and opened the file he was holding moments now. "Oh."

"What is it? Is it...", my words stuck in my throat.

"Unfortunately, Mrs. Clarke. It's negative."

  I closed my eyes and I felt relief. I took a deep breath and opened them again, looking at the doctor. "No. It's fine."

"Are you- are you sure? I mean, a pregnancy is a great thing for a woman.", he said, confused to see my reaction to the news.

"Yes, I am."

"Okay then. I suppose the results are what you expected.", he smiled to me and stretched out his hand on an attempt to shake mine. "I guess we're done here. It was a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Clarke."

  Mirroring his gesture, I also stretched out my hand and shook his own.
"It was a pleasure for me too, doctor. Thank you." I stood up and walked to the door. "Have a nice day." And with that I left the office.

  Rainy. Good. Okay, I'll get in my car and drive back home. Everything is gonna be alright.
Fortunately...
To be honest, I was starting to get used to that idea. Having a baby.... Nah. It's better this way. I guess...

  As I was walking down the street, my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my bag and pressed the green button.

"Hello?"

"Hey. It's me. Just arrived at the house.", Lola said from the other side.

"Oh, great. How was you walk?"

"Fine, but that's not the point. So?!"

"No.", told her, nervously, looking at my feet, in a low voice.

"What do you mean 'no'?"

"I'm not.", I whispered.

Some seconds passed before I get her response.
"Oh."

"Yeah..."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Never been better...", I said looking at my hand that I placed on my stomach without thinking and I pulled it back immediately.

"Okay... Em?"

"Yes?"

"Will you be okay on Monday? I mean- You know what I mean."

"Absolutely. Don't worry. Besides, you will be with me, remember? I'll be okay."

"Okay then... Well, hurry up, I'm cooking for ya!"

"You spoil me! I'm on my way." I smiled.

"Great, I'm waiting. Bye!"

"Bye!"
I hung up the phone and started walking to my car.
  No. Monday will be fine. I mean, we will have fun and we will laugh, and dance, and maybe we will get some awards, and... it'll be just fine.

•+++•

  Finally, home. I feel so tired.
I pulled out my keys and opened the door. As I was placing my jacket on the chair, I heard some footsteps, coming to my direction. I lifted my head and saw Lola, smiling at me.
"Hi.", she said.

"Hi.", I responded, smiling back sadly.

  She then approached me and took me in for a hug and I closed my eyes, hugging her back.

"Are you okay?", she whispered, caressing my head, still in our embrace.

"Yes. I guess."

"Come. Food is ready." She freed me from her arms and led me to the kitchen.

"Wow! Damn, this smells really good!"

"Yeap! Wait until you eat it.", she winked at me and we both laughed.

•+++•

"Ugh, I'm full. Lord, you're really spoiling me.", I said lying on my couch.

"Somebody has to teach you how to eat, Mrs. Clarke.", she laughed and sat next to me.

"Please, don't call me that. I heard it so many times from the doctor today.", I told her, my eyes closed.

"Oh yeah, about that...", she started.

"Oh my god-"

"Come on, Milly. You didn't say a single word from the moment you arrived.", she complained, looking at me and I opened my eyes.

"Okay...", I said, lifting my body in a sitting position.
"Well... he was surprised by my reaction."

"What do you mean?" She pulled a pillow on her legs and hugged it, her full attention to me.

"You know... I was relieved. I'm totally okay with that. It was just a false alarm." I position myself on the fluffy pillows of my couch, and looked at the pool out, through the large glass door.

"Are you?", she asked me, dragging my attention back to her.

"What?"

"Are you really okay with that?", she asked again.

"Of course.", I said clearing my throat.

"Em.", she met my gaze. "You won't fool me. You lowkey wanted it, didn't you?"

I took a deep breath.
"Pfft. Maybe... I mean- I'm watching my godson, this beautiful little beast, laughing, and growing, and... you know." I looked at my hands.

"Aww. Baby, I'm so sorry.", she whispered, reaching and holding my hand.

"It's okay. Never happened, right?", I shook my shoulders and smiled sadly at my best friend, as I felt tears gathering in my eyes.

"I'm always here for you." She hugged me once again.

"I know. I know...", I whispered on her hair, closing my eyes.

•+++•

Emmy Awards, September 17th

  The doors of our car opened and a hand stretched out to help me to get out. Instantly, flashes and voices flooded the environment. I could hear my name everywhere. On my left, on my right, behind and in front of me. I showed them my biggest smile and waited for Lola to come by my side, so that we can walk down the beautiful golden carpet together.

"Go on. I'm right behind you.", she said when I looked at her.

  I started walking and smiling at all of them, as photographers were shooting my name. Some of them wanted to interview me, but I refused. It's really not the right time to do this.

"Where the hell were you?", I asked Lola as soon as we both got in the building.

"I told you! I was right behind you.", she said laughing while we were walking in.

  There were so many people in there. All in suits and gowns. I'm so happy to attend such an amazing event. Great actors and talents people everywhere. Every time it's a surprise. And I'm here too!
  Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I froze. I turned my body and saw two big familiar smiles.

"Emilia!", Nathalie said, hugging me. "Oh hi Lola!"

"Oh my god! Hi, you gorgeous!" I returned the big smile as we separated.

"Hi, guys!", Lola said.

"Your Grace." Jacob bowed in front of me.

"Hello! How are you guys? It's been so long.", I asked them both.

"Good! You know, walking around the place.", Jacob said smiling.

"We're fine, excited to be here! And what about you, gurl? You owe me some explanations as I remember. I'm sure you have news too.", she smirked at me.

"Actually...", I shook my head.

"Oh! Okay.", she frowned and cleared her throat.

"So, is anybody else from the crew here yet or we came early?", I tried to change the subject.

"Yeah! Nikolaj is here with his wife. Oh! And Kit came. To be honest, I saw him moment ago."

  My stomach became a knot on the sound of Jacob's words.
"Really? Is he somewhere around here?", I asked him as my eyes were travelling all over the place.

"Well he...", he started saying but his words faded and a smile appeared on his face.

  A hand touched my waist. That touch was so familiar that made me shiver. I arched my back. I don't want to turn my head.

"Hello.", he said.
How much I missed that voice...

  I turned my body and saw him. His warm brown eyes looking straight in mine. No one where around. Not anymore.

"How are you, Kit?", Lola said dragging both of our attention back.
  She came closer and hugged him, giving me the look. I moved backwards and cleared my throat.

"I'm fine, thanks.", he responded, smiling. His eyes met mine once again.

"What do you think of going inside, guys? I think it's time.", Nathalie said, always saving me.

"Yeah, really good idea.", Lola agreed and held my arm.

  We walked in. A lovely woman came to show us our seats.
"Hello! So...", she opened the file she was holding. "Mr. Anderson. You're in the D section, with Mrs. Emmanuel. My colleague will lead you in your seats.", she smiled at them.

"Thank you. See you on the stage guys.", Jacob said and then they left.

"Okay, and... Mr. Harington, you're in the C section, right in front of Mr. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. And you Mrs. Clarke... Oh yes. You are in the B section.", she lifted her gaze from the papers and smiled at us.

"Wait- Why aren't we sitting next to each other? I mean, the cast.", Kit said, pretending to be cool, but I know him too well.

"Well- I'm not in the position to answer you that, Mr. Harington. I guess the rules are this way."

"Oh, okay. Of course.", he said nervously.

  The woman smiled and then looked at me. "Mrs. Clarke, please follow my colleagues. They'll show you your seats."

  I smiled back and did what she asked me to. As we were walking to our seats, I turned my head and saw him speaking to the woman and then looking at me again. I immediately turned my gaze and kept walking.

"Oh my god! Aren't you excited?!", Lola asked me, as soon as we took our seats.

"Yeah, of course.", I replied, looking around.

"You don't convince me though.", she said and looked at me suspiciously.

"Shut up." I laughed and hit her gently on her arm, causing her to laugh too.

"Shhh, it's starting!", Lola whispered to me.

  Everyone was applauding. So it is starting. And he is here too... Wait. Alone?

•+++•

"The Emmy for the best writing for a Comedy series goes to," Millie Bobby Brown announced on the microphone. Such a lovely girl. I looked at the card and saw the name too. "Amy Sherman-Palladino!"

  I smiled at the crown, who was applauding, waiting for the winner to come up to the stage.

"Congratulations!", I said shaking the winner's hand.

"Thank you!", she said smiling at me and then turned to face the audience.
  As she started speaking to the microphone, we took some steps backwards to give her space for her speech.

"I really feel honoured to present with you, Emilia. I love your work.", Millie told me.

"Aww, thank you so much. That's really nice of you! You're also doing amazing, young lady.", I said to her, causing her to smile, and then we both turned our gazes at the applauding audience, as Mrs. Sherman-Palladino was walking down of the stage. We followed her and headed to our seats.

"Umm, excuse me, Mrs. Clarke?"

  A man stopped my attempt to walk to my seat. I turned around and saw Lola too, standing in front of me and smiling.

"Yes?"

"Your seats has changed. You're sitting on the C section, right next to Mr. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, and his wife."

"Oh! Okay...", I said to him and looked at Lola suspiciously. She shook my head and mirrored my gaze.

"Follow me please."

  As the ceremony goes on, we were approaching the C section when Nikolaj spotted me.

"Emilia! What a surprise!" He stood up to give a hug, such as his wife.

  My eye caught his figure. On the sound of my name, he froze.

"Hi! How are you?!"

"Great, dear!", his wife, Nukâka, answered to me, as she motioned to me and Lola to take the two free seats on her left side. "Come on!"

  We walked in the row and then took the seats.

"I told them, we all have to sit together.", Kit said and then looked at us from the front seat.

"You did it, didn't you?", I told him, smiling.

"Maybe I did.", he shook his shoulders and smiled back at me.

"Hmm... And where is Nath and Jacob then?" A smirk appeared on my face.

"Well, there were only two free seats here.", he said smiling and turned again in front, looking at the stage.

"Sucker.", I murmured, refusing to let my smile go off my face.

  Suddenly, everyone around us started applauding and standing up.
"What's happening?", I whispered to Lola's ear.

"I don't know, something is happening on the stage.", she replied.
  We mirrored their actions and stood up too.

  On the stage, was the winner of the Emmy of directing for Variety Special, Mr. Glenn Weiss.

"I didn't ask yet. I didn't ask yet.", he said on the microphone, smiling so damn bright.

  I saw his partner, Jan Svendsen, walking towards him. She was literally shaking, led by some people to the stage. Her smile as bright as his.

"Oh my god, what's happening?", I said to Lola, embracing my arms to her own.

"He's gonna propose to her!", she replied to me happily.

"This is the ring that my dad put on my mum's finger sixty-five-- sixty-seven years ago,", he turned his gaze to the audience with the ring on his fingertips, "and to my sisters and brothers, I didn't swipe it, dad knows I have it, okay?" We all laughed to that.
"Jan, I want to put this ring, that my mum wore, on your finger, and in front of all these people and in front of my mum and your parents watching, from above, will you marry me?" He then put the ring on her finger and, kneeling in front of her, he waited for her answer.

"Oh my god!", I said jumping.
Without thinking any longer, I stretched out my hand and pulled Kit backwards by his shoulder. "Kit! You see?!"

"Yeah!", he answered, without turning his eyes to meet mine.

  Jan bent over and took her now fiancé's face on her both hands.
"I love you.", she said kissing him.

  The whole audience started cheering and clapping on the sight of the couple.
"Wow!", I screamed, clapping.

"Thank you to the Academy! Thank you everybody!", Mr. Weiss said. He then grabbed his fiancé's hand and together they walked out of the stage.

"Aww, that was really sweet!", I admitted to my mates.
  I took my seat and looked in front. My eyes met two brown ones, looking straight back at me. I panicked.
  I cleared my throat and then- we both smiled.

"What?", I asked him.

"Nothing.", he said and returned in front after some seconds.

Kitten...

•+++•

"It's time, it's time!", Lola said from my side.

"Alright. We've got one more award to go.", the presenter said to the microphone. "The Emmy, for Outstanding Drama Series, goes to,"

"It's happening!", I heard my friends saying.

"Game of Thrones!"

  The intro music of our show flooded the room, everyone around was clapping. All the cameras were on us.
We stood up to walk to the stage where our award was.

"Emilia, wait.", Kit said to me the moment I stepped out of my row.

"What?", I told him, wrapping my arm on him, smiling.

"We need to talk later.", he whispered to my ear, as I leaned forward. He touched and held my hand.

"Sure.", I replied, not knowing what to say, as we were already standing in of the stage's stairs.
  I took my hands off him and started climbing the stairs.

"Heyy! Congrats!", I hugged Gwendolyn, Nathalie, Isaac and Jacob, and stood with them on the back, as David and Dan took their place in front of the microphone.

  David started speaking.
"Well, writing for these actors behind us is the honor of a lifetime but we didn't invent these characters, that was George RR Martin, we could not have-- the show could not be without the mad genius of George. Thank you for letting us take care of your people. Umm HBO, there's no better place to work, thank you Richard Plepler, you said yes to us ten years ago and that's the only reason we're standing up here now. Thank you to everyone else at HBO and umm...", he turned to Dan, "Go."

"And, it's a show as only as good as the people who make it and we are blessed and lucky to have the greatest cast, the greatest crew", he looked at all of us, "led by the greatest team of producers, led by the indomitable Bernie Caulfield", he said as she came in front, "this is the woman who actually makes the show, the rest of us order lunch.", he admitted causing us to laugh, "Umm, and it's an honour to work with them from Spain to Iceland, all the way to our home base of Belfast, Northern Ireland, here's to you Belfast, it's been an honour."

"Amanda Peet, I love you so much, Frankie Molly and Henry, I love you all.", David said.

"Andrea, Leo, Hugo, I love you very much.", Dan said too.

"We love all of you guys.", David said again at the end, turning to all of us with his hands open to us for a hug.

"Aww!"
"Yeah!"
"Good job, guys!"
  Everyone was hugging each other and shaking hands, and we all knew just then that the night had just started.

•+++•

"One more question on the look-back left.", the journalist said. "Thank you very much. Umm, this question is for both Emilia and for Kit if you could both step to the mic please."

  I froze. I cleared my throat and stepped forward, as everybody was looking at us.
"Wooow.", they all did in one voice.

"Since you avoided us on the carpet.", the journalist mentioned and then cleared his throat. "And I'm sorry, I'm not from Australia, Israel, or China, I'm just from Los Angeles, so bear with me here."

"Oh, you're forgiven.", I told him ironically.

"Umm, quick question. How has life changed for both of you because of this project? I mean, what really has happen in your lives because of this?"

  I laughed, looking at Kit. I lifted my hand and motioned to him, and he stepped forward on the microphone to speak first.

"Well I mean-"

"Step to the mic please.", the journalist interrupted him.

"Yeah, okay. Sorry.", he started again. His hands were buried in his pockets. He's always doing that when he's nervous.
"Umm... I- met my wife, in this show, so in that way it gave me my, hopefully, future family, and- and my life from here and on. That's the main thing it did for me, and then it given, you know, it changed it completely, the last ten years you could not ask for a better job to have in you twenties. To take you through your twenties than to be an actor in Game of Thrones, it's been the most amazing thing so it changed it completely, obviously.", he took two steps backwards, giving me his previous spot.

"Thank you, Kit. Umm, Emilia.", the journalist said, so I stepped in front.

"Ahm yeah, really similar, apart from the wife thing, basically.", I said making everyone laugh. "Umm. Yeah, it- it's given me my entire career, and it's given me my entire life, as I know it now, so it's kind of- I genuinely owe it absolutely everything, and it changed everything, so I'm incredibly lucky.", I finished with a smile.

"Congratulations. Thank you."

"Thank you.", I said and turned to take my previous place.

"Thank you very much.", the journalist said one more time, as we all were walking down the platform, to the back room.

  As I was adjusting my dress and everybody was walking in front of me, I caught him with my eye. He didn't even turn to look at my direction. Not that he had to anyway.
  Jesus. You heard him. He met his wife in the show. He wants a future family with his wife. What do you want? To ruin it? Make up your mind, Emilia. And imagine if that was true. If I was indeed pregnant. That would be a disaster. A small, sweet, beautiful disaster of mine... But I'm glad. I really am. I-

•+++•

"Try that one, too.", Lola said to me, holding a glass of some orange liquid.

"What is that now?", I said, taking a sip. "Oh! It's sweet."

"I've no idea, I just grabbed it from the table. Isn't it good?", she told me excitedly.

"Yeah!", I took another sip.

"I'll be back in a minute. I'll go to get us some more.", she then turned her back to me and walked to the bar.

"Emilia.", he said, placing his hand on my waist. I nearly jumped.

"Kit." I turned around to face him.

"How are you?", he asked me looking at his shoes and then at me.

"I've been better.", I smiled. "But I'm okay. What about you?"

"Fine. Thank you."

"I'm glad to hear."
  The silence became awkward as time was flying. I looked at my dress, adjusting it. Where's Lola?!

"Em.", he said, dragging my attention back and coming even closer. "We need to talk."

"I don't think that we have to-"

"We have to.", he interrupted me. "Please."

  I was standing there, in front of him, our eyes locked. What does he want now? Didn't we suffer enough?

"Umm... excuse me."
  We both took a step back and looked at the man who was standing beside us, with a camera on his hands.
"May I?", he said, lifting his camera a little bit.

"Sure.", I said, turning my body to him.

"Mr. Harington, come a little closer please.", the photographer asked Kit.

  He looked at me, asking for my permission, and then he approached slowly. His hand surrounded my waist and he pulled me closer to his chest. I ran my hand on his back and rested it on his shoulder.
  And suddenly his grip on my waist became tighter, taking my breath away. At that moment, I looked at him and fortunately the photographer had already lowered the camera to check what he did.

"Okay, thank you very much. Enjoy your night.", he smiled at us and then he left.

  I instantly got out of his embrace and forced myself to calm.

"Listen-"

"Heyy! Are you partying without me? How dare you.", Lola came and interrupted him, with a smile on her lips, always at the right time.

"No, we were just...", he turned his gaze to me, "talking.", he said putting his hands on his pockets.
"Anyway, maybe we could do this later." He looked at the both of us and smiled. "Enjoy the party.", and with that he left us.

"Is everything alright?", Lola asked me.

"Yeah. I think so...", I replied to her, looking at the direction he walked moments ago.

•+++•

  Time passed so quickly that we didn't even notice. We danced, and sang, and drank, way more than we actually should. Many of the people who attended tonight were already gone. And now it's our moment to go. We walked outside and waited for our car.

"Brr.", I felt shiver down my spin and touched my bare arms, hugging myself. "It's a little cold out here, isn't it?", I mentioned to Lola with a smile and knit eyebrows.

"You're cold for real?!", he told me, laughing. "Emilia, genuinely it's not."

"Yeah, okay. You're only talking cause you have sleeves.", I complained and looked at the road.

"Emilia.", Lola whispered to me.

"What?"

"He's coming.", she said in a low voice, so that only I could hear and looked over my shoulder, smiling.
"Don't tell me you're leaving too. I can't believe it.", she said boldly.

"Yeah, I am.", he smiled. "Actually, I came to say goodnight."

  I finally turned around to face him. I looked at him and the only thing I was able to do is to smile. No words pop up on my head. He met my gaze.

"There was something that I wanted to talk about with you, but I guess it's quite late now for that, right?" I just looked at him.
"So...", he came closer. "Friends?", he lifted his hand for a shake.

Wha-
I felt an invisible break inside of my chest, already regretting all the kind of alcohol I had drank this night.

"Of course.", I took his hand in mine and shook it. "Always.", I said swallowing uneasy, my eyes looking straight in his.
  Seconds became a little more than they should and I finally tried to free my hand. His eyes didn't leave mine and he held my hand even tighter.

"Goodnight.", he whispered and let go of my hand as Lola opened the door for me, of the car that I didn't even notice it had been arrived.
  He looked at me one more time and I noticed that his lips parted as if there was something else that he wanted to say, but then he took two steps back and left.
  I got in the back seat, with Lola next to me, who had already got in previously.

"What was that?", she asked me curiously, her voice almost a whisper.

"I- I've no idea.", I responded to her, looking in front with raised eyebrows.

"You didn't do something that has to do with that, did you?"

"No. Of course not." Did I?...

"Okay, just saying...", she said, turning her eyes on the window.

  That was it. This night seemed like an eternity. Finally it came to an end.
  He had something to tell me. And I didn't let him do it. What would that be? Not something that brings happiness I assume. And that is exactly what I don't need right now in my life.
  The previous weeks were literally like hell for me. Even more the last one... for many reasons. I need to focus on something else.
  Besides, he said it on his own, 'friends'. Maybe that was what he wanted to tell me... So he also want to focus on something else. Perhaps creating his future family like he mentioned. We will always be friends. Right-?

Thank you so much for reading! I hope that you liked it! Leave your thoughts on the comments, it'll mean a lot. I'd love to read them and answer all your questions! I just wanted to mention that, for me, everyone and everything deserves a happy ending...😊 Love you all, see you soon! xx <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 1.1K 68
Rieka Stark never thought she would leave the north. Never thought her best friend would betray her with a smile. Knew she could never could never fo...
111K 4.6K 69
Once upon a time, there was a guy named Jay, just your average college student leading a pretty ordinary life. But one weekend, he decided to watch t...
1.6M 54.6K 61
π€π„ππŽπ‘π€ - 𝑰𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰, π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ π‘ π‘œπ‘“π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ 𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑙𝑒 π‘ƒπ‘Ÿπ‘–π‘›π‘π‘’π‘ π‘  𝑖𝑠 π‘π‘’π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘‘ π‘‘π‘œ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘…π‘œπ‘”π‘’π‘’ π‘ƒπ‘Ÿπ‘–π‘›π‘π‘’. I APP...
6.6K 304 39
"You can't decide not to fall in love, Bran." Jon had said. "It just happens. And you can't stop it anymore than you can choose whom you fall in love...