For Her

By __skystories

This is a story about a singer, Charles Bason falling in love with Jennifer Brandon, because of Dan Pent. Dan... More

Chapter 1- JENNIFER BRANDON
Chapter 2: The Elevator
Chapter 3: Beach Date
Chapter 4: Charles Bason
Chapter 5: Katherine's Party
Chapter 6: The Truth
Chapter 7: The Plan
Chapter 8: The Flashback
Chapter 10:Final Chapter

Chapter 9: The Mission

45 8 3
By __skystories

Next day, I reach Charles place. I was eager to know what he had to say. As I reach his house, he welcomes me in and hands me a bottle of beer. He was so calm, I couldn't understand what was going on in his mind and suddenly he said, "I know you are Jennifer's ex-boyfriend. I also know you have a family and you left Jennifer for some mission. I want to know what happened between you and Jennifer and why were you dating her when you had a wife? Don't try to avoid me, I deserve to know everything since you pulled me in Jennifer's life."

Yes he deserved to know everything. But I wasn't sure I should tell him everything. I took a deep breath and thought about it. He was looking at me, his eyes were confused and full of questions. I decide to tell him everything. "So our story started two months ago." I started.

***One morning my team and I were called for a meeting with Jordon Saen's assistant. Mark and Co. Ltd. was signing a contract with a foreign company and opposition party was going to unethically use this contract to win the elections. The company was not ready to disclose this deal to the public before the elections. Our mission was to find out about the deal and stop the oppositions to unethically use this contract for their own benefit. When we started researching about the company we found that a girl name Maurise Wilkes was going to sign this contract. She was one of the managers at the company. Gabriel, one of my team mate started working at Mark and Co. Ltd. He paid some members of the management team working under Maurise to get the information about the deal. But no one knew about the deal. He told us that the contract will be signed within two months but the plan will be disclosed to everyone after the elections. We started to plan a way to get close to Maurise. Maxwell, our second team mate, became friends with Maurise's husband. Whereas I, third and the final member of my team, planned to target Jennifer Brandon. I have faked loved a girl before for a mission too, so I thought we could do the same with Jennifer. While researching about Maurise we found out about people she was close too. Jennifer and Maurise were in same college and they used to often meet each other and discuss about market scenarios. Since Maurise was very close to Jennifer we thought that she would definitely tell Jennifer about the deal.  

As per my plan I met Jennifer for the first time at a night club that I knew she was going to be at. I tried getting close to her that night. But she seemed an introvert girl. I had to make her start liking me which didn't happen that night. So I asked her, if she could come for lunch with me the next day and she agreed. She had agreed to meet me, but she sounded as if she would bail on me. I didn't want my plan to fail. So I decided that I won't call her next day, rather went to her friend Maria Vander's  party four days later. Alexa arranged me with an entry pass for that party. Alexa was my wife and I used to tell her everything about my missions. She is a director by profession but from past one year, after she got pregnant she is on a break from working. She helps me in my missions too, if she can.

I thought that if I met Jennifer again, she would show more interest in me. I went to Maria's party on purpose but acted as if I met Jennifer there again co incidently. I then asked her out for lunch and we went to a nearby restaurant. That's how slowly I made her start liking me and after spending time with her for two weeks, I proposed her to be my girlfriend. Jennifer started trusting me blindly. She used to introduce me to her friends. She used to share her secrets with me. She also introduced me to Maurise. Since Maurise had got a big assignment, she wanted to celebrate and so she invited me and Jennifer for dinner at her place. Maurise used to tell Jennifer everything, and that day while having dinner she told us that she was very happy. She was going to lead an assignment with Stefnard Co. and it's going to be a huge project for her company. I finally had succeeded to find out about the contract. After the dinner, as I reached home I called Jordon Sean's secretary and told him about her contract with Stefnard Co. After I told him about the contract, I don't know what he did to stop this deal. Or what he did to stop the opposition party from getting the benefit. My mission was only to find out about the contract.  I continued dating Jennifer till the Election Day thinking that Jordon's team might need some more information about the contract.

I am well trained agent, so Jennifer couldn't suspect that I had a wife and a kid. Soon it was the Election Day and as we all wanted Jordon Saen had won the elections. The day was here! I had to tell Jennifer the truth and breakup with her. Honestly I was very scared and nervous to talk to her. I couldn't just break her heart. I gathered all my courage and I decided to go to her place and tell her everything. I reached her house but I couldn't go in. I couldn't face her and see her crying. I had started caring for her. So I decide to write it down for her. I bought some flowers for her and wrote down a letter.

"Dear Jennifer,

  I want to confess something to you today. Today I want to tell you something....and to say this I cannot face you so I am writing it down on this letter. I love you with all my heart, I do but today I am breaking up with you. We have been together for two months now and it has been a beautiful journey with you. I know you very well now inside and out. But we cannot be together.

There is something about me you need to know. I don't know where to begin?

{While reading this letter Jennifer's heart pours out. She is in shock and cannot believe it. She continues reading...}

First of all my name is not Dan pent. My name is Damien Shaw, I was faking love with you and was dating you for a professional reason. I knew you way before we first met. Our first meet was not a coincidence. I had planned it. I was on a mission as an undercover agent and needed to get some confidential information related to elections. I knew you could get me close to Maurise and she had those information, so I came close to you. What I found out when I was with you is that you are a sweetheart and the most innocent person I have ever met. I am not allowed to disclose my identity to anyone but I am disclosing it to you because you deserve to know the truth. I always want the best for you in future and I will always love you but not as a boyfriend. I have a wife and a kid whom I love too. I am going to end this letter now. I know you have many questions to ask me, and you have my number too. Please do call me after reading this letter. I would want to explain everything you want to hear. 

Love Dan.

I left it at her doorstep, rang the bell and left. My heart was pumping fast and with every passing time I was getting more scared. I thought after reading that letter she would call me. After few minutes I got a message from Jennifer saying, "Did you write me this letter?" she couldn't believe I wrote that letter. I am sure she was broken down. I felt horrible, so I tried calling her but she didn't answer my calls. I replied to her message "Yes I did, please talk to me." But she didn't call me back.

I just got a message from her saying, "I at least deserved to know the whole truth from you face to face" and after that day she never called me. She didn't pick my calls either. She didn't even ask me about my mission or my family. I sent her several messages, apologizing to her. She didn't even message me back. It was my first mission where I was regretting what I did. I have faked love for a girl before too, but that time I didn't regret hurting the girl. I knew I did it for my country and I was proud of it. Also in my previous mission, that girl needed to be treated like that, breaking her heart was not difficult. But in Jennifer's case I felt bad and horrible about myself.  She was a good person and deserved better.

So I decided that I am going to make it up to her. I would help her fall in love again and move on. She deserved to be happier. I love my wife, I really do but I also started caring for Jennifer. ***

"Let me tell you something Charles, you are someone Jennifer feels for. She had a crush on you and she used to love your songs. I believed that maybe you are that one person whom she could fall in love with again." I said this looking at Charles. I continued, "That's why I planned for you guys to meet. I wanted you to fall in love with her and keep her happy." I saw in Charles eyes, he was feeling bad for Jennifer too. 

"What about me? Didn't you think that she might not be the girl, I would be interested in? I wouldn't want to be with her." he said. I replied, "No, I didn't. I just cared about her and wanted her to be happy, but I didn't think about you. What you want from a girl? Will Jennifer be that girl?" 

"But after the night of the party, where you and Jennifer met for the second time, Jennifer came to me. Early morning, she knocked on my door. She was angry and she knew it was my plan to make you meet her at the party. She made me realize that I was doing the same thing with you, what I had done with her. I made her fall for me but I never loved her back because of my mission. Similarly I was making you fall for her while she couldn't love you back as she loves me. She was afraid of breaking your heart, like I broke hers. I realized that she had a point, for her to be happy I couldn't break your heart. So I backed out and decided not to come between you guys anymore." I told Charles how I realized my mistake because of Jennifer. Charles was listening to me with patience. After a pause he said, "Jennifer is an amazing girl. In just two meets I started feeling for her, until she told me the truth. How is it possible, that you were with her for two months but didn't start liking her?"

"I love my wife. She means the world for me. But I started caring for Jennifer and if Alexa wasn't there in my life I would have fallen for Jennifer." I replied. But honestly I think I had started liking Jennifer. But I ignored my emotions and continued, "Also I want you to know that when Jennifer came to me asking to stop with my plan, I could see in her eyes that she was falling in love with you. She was just not ready to agree. The night of the party when you guys were sitting together I saw a spark between you two. A spark of love. I was standing behind you guys making sure that my plan was working. I don't want to break her heart again, but you should think about her being in your life." I said this to Charles hoping that he would understand my point of view. As he was listening to me I could see in his eyes that he had started feeling for Jennifer.

"I should leave now, you know the whole story and it's your choice now. I won't be interfering in your lives anymore. Also best of luck for your new song with John Carter." I said and I got up to leave. As I was leaving, he said, "Yes about John Carter, thanks for the interview. I do owe you a favor for that. It's a great opportunity for me to work with him." I smiled at him and walked towards the door. I was about to leave, but before stepping out I turned around and said, "After what I did, I really don't deserve to ask this. But please do me one favor. Be in touch with Jennifer and remind her that she can fall in love again, if you get a chance to. It wasn't her fault, what happened with you or her." Saying this I left the apartment. Hoping that he would be in touch with Jennifer, after knowing the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you like this chapter? According to you guys who should Jennifer end up with? Charles or Damien. Let me know what you think.

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 1.4K 15
The story of you and Dan. How you met, fell in love blah blah blah. Trust me you guys are adorable together. Cover by @OopsiDaisy
4K 108 21
Phil lester moves to a new school, and meets this unique kid and it takes no time for Phil to fall in love with Dan. They date... but what's the poin...
785 48 13
Dan has a hard time at school and doesn't have any friends. Phil notices Dan and sees what he does to himself. Phil try to help him. Soon Dan slowly...
1.8K 148 21
I've read a bunch of phan, so why not write one? Dan Howell's life couldn't be any better at the moment. He has met the most beautiful, charming, kin...