Behind a Cat's Smile [Discont...

By KuRomi_H34rts

"A cat that prowls under the moonlight that grins in darkness, the Alicein's Cheshire Cat - Céline Midnight... More

"OC" Character Information
Chapter 1: Frantic Escape
Chapter 2: Naming a Stray
Chapter 3: Welcome to the Secret Garden
Special Chapter: Birthday "Tea Party" at Valentine's Day
A/N: I'm sorry!!!
Chapter 4: Entering a Maze of Lost Memories
Servamp OC Céline Midnight's New Information Trivia!
Chapter 5: Synchronization of Emotions and Memories
Chapter 6: Doubtful Feelings
Chapter 7: It comes off with a Price
Chapter 8: Melancholic Mystery (Part 1)
Ch. 8's Melancholic Mystery (Part 2)
Chapter 10: Looking for a Needle in a Haystack

Chapter 9: Madness within the Pain

226 8 3
By KuRomi_H34rts

[⚠️Warning⚠️ Flashback deaths and a hint of Angst]

Normal Pov.
[Flashback/Dream]

"••••••! Go hide quickly!"

"M-Mum...? Why is Daddy yelling...?"

"Just do what he says, sweetie!"

"O-Okay..."

"No matter what happens, we love you, ••••••!!" Her father grabbed a hidden gun as her mother leads her daughter to a hiding spot.

A scared and confused little girl then hides inside the closet as her parents tries to keep things in order at their home.

She could hear banging door sounds and shouting outside the closet as she whimpers and tries to stay quiet and hidden while covering her mouth with her small hands.

Then she heard horrifying screams of pain and a loud double thud as if something heavy fell on the floor. She recognize those screams as she couldn't help but burst out of her hiding spot.

"Mum! Daddy...!!"

She could see her parents laying down on the floor with a pool of red warm liquid around their pale bodies as she runs to them.

"Ahhh, so they had a little brat all along? Now I feel bad for finishing them off~" A person says as their physical silhouettes could be only seen.

"M-Mum...! Please wake up! Daddy, help Mum, please...! Wake up!" The little girl wails as she shakes them in attempt to wake them up, but fails.

"Hey, what should we do about her?" One of them asks the other.

"We can't have any witnesses around and she saw our faces. Get rid of her."

The little girl then screams in fright as they grabbed her. "N-No, let me go...!! Mum! Daddy...!! Please help me...!!"

"Hey, you know they're dead now, so it's pointless to try to 'wake' them up~ Don't worry, you'll join them soon~" They laugh as they prepare to kill her.

She screams out more as she struggles then she kicked one of them on their crotch and face.

They yelled out in pain as she was dropped to the floor. She then grabbed her father's gun as she points it at them while shaking in fear.

"You little brat!" They yelled as they rushed towards her, eyes glowing red as they reached for her.

On instinct, she pulled the trigger with a loud BANG as she also screamed in pain while blood splatters around by her neck and falls down.

The last thing she saw were them running away with their injured comrade and left her for dead until some new people in white uniforms arrived as she reaches a hand up to them.

"H-Help.........."

[Flashback/Dream End]

Céline then gasps as she sits up in her bed awake, panting hard. She looks around her then sighs as she looks at her shaking hands.

"It was just a dream again..... But... What... Was that...? Is it really just a dream?"

She then sighs and got up from bed and goes to her own bathroom to wash up.

"Ever since I had that talk with Tsubaki, I've been having those dreams... He knows something I don't know. Or maybe he just knows what I'm actually feeling deep inside because he's Melancholy?"

Céline mumbles to herself as she strips her sleeping clothes off and steps into her shower. She washes herself as she tries to think about her dreams, but somehow everything became fuzzy again.

She finished showering as she dries herself and got dressed up. Then she checks her phone for the time.

"It's already 12 PM... I overslept? Why didn't anyone wake me up?"

Céline walks out of her room to the garden where she first met Misono and Snow Lily. She sat by the fountain as she looks up at the sky.

"I didn't receive any information job requests, so I guess I'm still supposed to be on my day off..."

"Miss Céline?"

Céline hears a small synchronized voices of small girls as she looks over. Two pink-haired little girl twins were standing by the window upstairs where Snow Lily's children Subclasses are staying.

They waved at her as if they want her to come over as they couldn't get out to the sunlight. Céline got the message as she goes back inside to the Subclasses' room.

When she arrived, she was greeted by children as they smile at her with innocence emitting from them. Céline knew that despite their appearances, they're older than her, yet they still act like real children.

"Miss Céline, play with us!~"

"Miss Céline, lookie here!~ I drew you!~"

"Miss Céline, can we eat some snacks together?"

Céline was surrounded by the Subclass children as they attached to her hands, legs and the hem of her clothes excitedly.

"W-Wait, hey...." Céline felt a tad bit uneasy since she has never dealt with children before. But seeing their smiling innocent faces somehow also made her feel warm and soothed inside, yet her expression remains the same.

"Miss Céline, are you alright?" The same pink-haired twin girls talks to her in unison as they look at her. "The Cheshire Cat looks troubled."

"Cheshire Cat?" Céline asks as she looks at them confused. The girls nod as they held her hands.

"Cheshire Cat smiles a lot even if everything around him is troublesome. He knows what to do. But Miss Céline isn't smiling. Please smile for us."

Céline looks at them a bit surprised at their short speech. She knew that Cheshire Cat is a character from the children's story book of 'Alice in Wonderland', but she still doesn't understand what Cheshire Cat has something to do with her.

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there."

She remembers those words from the book as a conversation between Alice and the Cheshire Cat when the young girl wanted to find her way out.

Céline felt like she was also looking for her own ways about herself, but she's still stuck in the same situation of long-time amnesia. She doesn't even know where to start to reach to her goal.

Cheshire Cat was said to smile a lot no matter what, but the pink-haired twins whose actual names are Yully and Marry, wanted her to smile as well despite her troubles.

"But I don't want to go among mad people..."

"Oh, you can't help that~"

"We're all mad here.
I am mad.
You are mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?"

"You must be, or you wouldn't have come."

Céline remembers more of the conversation of Alice and the Cheshire Cat as she looks at the children then looks down, her wavy purple bangs shadowing half of her face, sending her in deeper thought.

"Cheshire Cat, huh.... So I'm supposed to be that type of character?"

Then she felt pain deep inside again. Céline also felt more confused and troubled as she excused herself from the children and quickly goes out of the room, tears slowly flowing down her cheeks.

The more she thinks about it, it brings her more pain just like Tsubaki said. It was almost driving her crazy that she cannot figure out her own past and the horrible dreams she just had wasn't helping her properly.

She doesn't recognize those people in her dream, but she also felt like it happened before.

"Who are those people...? And those other people in white uniforms... Were they from C3...? And that little girl....."

Céline then unconsciously touches the left side of her neck over her black choker.

"When she got hurt, why did it hurt me too...? Again, they called her '••••••' like how Sync called me in my subconsciousness... Could that little girl be......" She then slowly took off her choker, revealing a long old scar.

Upon realization, she felt like a glass barrier shatter around her mind as if she passed the first test of discovering that girl's identify.

".....Was that me?"

To be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 8.5K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
80.9K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
187K 18.8K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
480K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...