Carl & Meeka: A South-side Lo...

By IamSakaiahReign

Inspired by the hit SHOWTIME Series "Shameless" comes a brand new story about young love, murder, and gang li... More

Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14
Chapter 15.

Chapter 1.

834 15 9
By IamSakaiahReign

WARNING ⚠️
Chapter contains
A death scene and language.
_______________________________________________
Meeka's POV
Washington D.C
P Street , 9:40 PM

"Get a fucking grip, Dad! I'm coming home!" this is the 8th time in an hour my dad has called me.
I wasn't supposed to leave the house tonight because I'm grounded for getting into a fight at school. Again.

A girl and her friends cornered me in the bathroom after chorus class and accused me of giving them dirty looks.
Bitch, I can't help where my glance goes.

I tried walking away peacefully, but one of the girls punched me in the face and talked shit about my family.
That's something she shouldn't have done, so I kicked her in the stomach and punched her in the nose.

She ran off crying and told a teacher.

The principle called my mom to come get me from school.
As usual, I got suspended for the fight I did not start. I'm ordered not to return for five days.

It was originally going to be for a month because of the others fights on my record, but Dad was able to get it reduced.

Not that I asked him to, but he did it anyway so we could get it over with.

I'm the daughter of a black police officer and a white mother. There are special privileges involved with having a parent in law enforcement, you can get out of trouble and other things. But the status is not all it is cracked up to be.

We live smack dab in the ghetto outside of Washington in a neighborhood called, P.Street. Or as I like to call it, "PISS STREET." There's gangs that frequent this place too.

The whole block hates us because we are a mixed-race family. But most of the hatred is directed at dad.

Dad, or should I say Officer Marcus Malone, is not the easiest man to get along with, on and off duty.

He has a ruthless attitude.

Right when I walked in the door from school, he cursed me out for causing all of this trouble.

Mom defended my actions, and said it wasn't all my fault.
I apologized to her, but not dad wasn't hearing none of it.
I'm grounded for three weeks as apart of the suspension.
I've been in my room for all day doing homework, but I forgot my lyrics book was at school in my locker.

I usually sneak out of my room when I'm on punishment, but I decided to ask mom for permission to avoid getting dad angry.

She told me it was fine because dad wasn't home yet, but to to call her if I needed a ride back.

Lately, our family has been the topic of controversy because of my big brother, Jordon.

He's joined a gang named, B.M.D (Blood.Money.Drugs).
This news sent my parents into shock.

Our dad in particular.

My brother and dad have never had a good relationship with each other.

The two of them are completely different people though they share the same blood and last name.

Before Jordon became a thug, he was a good kid. He played basketball and got decent grades, we were close too, but it was never enough to make dad proud of him.

"You can do better than that."

"You're such a loser!"

"Your little ass ain't gonna be shit but become a worthless bum."

"Try doing my job every day. That'll make you into a real man."

That's what started the weed, then the pills, the lack of respect for our parents, skipping school, and running away.

Just last week, Jordon was caught carrying a knife into school to use it on a kid in his gym class.

Thankfully no one was hurt and dad made the charge g away.

He's tried convincing Jordon to leave the gang and to get him information about all of the drug trades they are doing so he could bust them, but Jordon refused to turn on the gang.

Dad told Jordon that he would rather see him in a pine box than to look at him anymore. God that night was horrible.

Mom was screaming for the arguing to stop, but all it did was make everything worse. Jordon left and stayed out all night after that.

I tried calling mom earlier to come and get me, but she never picked up. I can't get ahold of Jordon either. He must be out with his friends again.

I'm walking back now, I don't have anywhere else to be.

Its because of my dads strict nature that I barely have friends, or a boyfriend to lean on.

Other than that, I don't trust anyone else but my mom and Jordon. But sometimes I wished there was a guy that liked me. Just not here.

I need some mood music. I search through my Spotify playlist for a song to drown out the quiet in this area.
What is be a good, song? Hmmm. I choose Kendrick Lamar's, "Humble". I might as well make loud and enjoy it because once I walk inside, dad is going to go ham on me.

I walk under the alley street lights, past the building owned by one of my neighbors I make it midway up the block, I reach my block. That's when I see a multitude of squad cars flooding my street.

Really, Dad? I was gone for two hours. Poor mom, she must be stressing out over Dad blowing this shit out of proportion. There's no need to look any further asshole, I'm back.

But as I get closer, the block is cut off with crime scene tape. The neighbors swarm behind the tape in fascination.
What exactly is going on? Two more officers appear in protective equipment and holding guns. Oh my God! That's my house!

I run into the crowd, shoving people out of the way to get through. My dad is standing infront of the house on his phone with a horrified look on his face.

That's when feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"You think the son finally lost it?"
"Thats what I heard."

I go under the tape to get to my house.

"DAD, DAD!!" I shout, "NO MISS! MISS YOU CANT COME THROUGH HERE! We a stand off in progress."
"Let me through! This is my house!! Dad!"
"Whats Your name?"
"Its Meeka Malone."
"Let her through!!!!
I hear my dad yell from across the lawn.
"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?!! I'VE BEEN WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU!"

"DAD, I WENT TO GET MY BOOK FROM MY LOCKER! Tell me what's going on?!"

"I got a call at work. Someone's broken into the house. Th mans got himself barricaded in the bathroom.
Were trying to get him out can."

I bet it's that Jackson douchebag from down the road.

He's been threatening to fuck up my dad for four months after charging him with indecent exposure.

It looks like he finally acted on his threat.
Then again it could be anybody on P Street.

"But where are Jordon and Mom?!! They're okay right?!!"

I look all around the growing group of onlookers for them.
"Meeka she's inside."
His eyes told me what my gut is feeling.

"Oh my God! She's inside! & J-J-J-Jordon!!!
I'LL KILL HIM!!"

I lunge at the door, but dad grabs me.

"Don't worry. We're gonna get them out!
Just tell me when was the last time you saw Jordon."

"I saw him leave the house at 5:30."

"Did he say where he was going?
That he was staying at home?"

"He told me he was going to Kyle's house."

"What? I told Jordon to stay away from that dirty rat. I swear that boy has got no GODDAMN SENSE!"

"Dad, would you calm down! You're always blaming him for shit!"

"NAH! DON'T COME AT ME MEEKA!

THIS HAS GOT JORDON'S NAME WRITTEN ALL OVER IT! HE GOT THAT PIECE OF SHIT

HE CALLS A FRIEND TO ROB MY HOUSE AND HE'S HOLDING MY WIFE HOSTAGE! YOU NEED TO STOP TAKING UP FOR THAT BASTARD SON OF MINE! I KNOW MY SON!"

"AND I KNOW MY BROTHER AND HE WOULDN'T HURT US!"

Oh my god, Meeka. Snap out of it!
You're thinking about the past shit! Stop! I doubt he has anything to do with our Mom being held hostage. Jordon wouldn't stoop this low... would he?

Out of nowhere, I hear glass being broken from one of our windows. The cops draw their guns.
I get placed behind my dad.
"This is the Washington County Police! Come out slowly and put your hands up!"
The Perpetrator runs out the window.

"SECURE THE PARAMETER!"

Dad runs towards the house, I follow behind him.

"Lockdown the exit by alley NOW! Go!"
He screams to his partners.

"Meeka stay back!!!"

My dad pushes me away from the lawn and runs towards the house.

The cops chase after the man.
The rest of them swarm the house.

My dad draws his gun from his holster as he walks forward into our house to look for my mom.

"Angie...Angie, are you in here??"

"Dad!"

"Meeka, no!"

Officer Webber grabs my waist to hold me back.

"Let go of me, Webber!!! My family's in there!"

God, he's freaking strong.

"LET ME GO!" I kick him in the leg and break free.

"Meeka! Meeka, come back here! AHHH SHIT!" Webber clutches at his leg as he tries to run after me.
I jump on the fence and climb up it.
Officer Radley runs up behind me and grabs my leg.

"Ah! I got her!!"

"THE FUCK YOU DO!"

Officer Radley tries to tear me off the fence.
I kick him too but in the dick.
He falls down.
I jump over the wooden fence into our backyard and run towards the laundry room door.

It slams shut. I go up the stairs into the kitchen and make an awful discovery.

The place is a wreck. All of the bookshelves are thrown around. Our windows are shattered along with the pictures that hung on the wall by the staircase.
My heart races as I step over the glass shards.

I know the neighborhood hates our family because of my dad, but how can anybody be this cruel?
When I find the bastard, I'll cut him.

But all I care about right now is finding Mom and Jordan.

"Mom...Jordon... are you in here? Mom. Jordon."

All I get is silence.

The living room is in the same condition as the kitchen,
but worse.

There's blood on the floor.

I get closer to the spot and find that there's more pouring out into a pool.

The blood is coming from underneath the couch.

I lift it up.
_______________________________________________
Marcus's POV
Bedroom
10:48 PM

I'm searching through the closets, under the bed, and bathroom with my flashlight.
Where are you, Ang?

"ANGIE! JORDON !!!!!!"
I yell out for them.

-Stubbs to Malone!-
-Stubbs to Malone!-
-Stubbs to Malone!-

What's going on???

I get on my walkie.

"Talk to me, Stubbs."

"It's Meeka!
She got away from
Webber and Radley
and ran inside the house."

"OH SHIT! YOU STUPID FUCKS!
WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT HER IN THE CAR!"

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

I hear my daughter scream.
I race downstairs with my gun.
_______________________________________________
Meeka POV
Living room

"MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Dad falls to his knees in disbelief.

"Oh, my God!"

I cradle my mom in my arms, her skin is pale with blood pouring out of her stomach.

Please let this be a dream.
Let it all be a dream.
Just don't leave me.

"Mom! Please wake up!!" I shake and shake her,
but there's nothing I can do.

My dad roughly grabs my hands from mom's corpse and holds onto me tightly.

I can't breathe from all of the cryings.
The D.C. police walk into our home.

"No. No."

"I'm sorry you had to see this."

"No......"
My best friend is gone.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 199 65
Alexis,Dani,and Rae are coming back to school from Christmas break and word around town is that local rapper turned Mr.Hollywood,Chresanto August,is...
3K 41 3
Ciara and August 1, 2, and 3: A Big Easy Love Story is available on amazon. Completed series! Book 1: https://www.amazon.com/Ciara-August-Easy-Love...
17.1K 228 13
You have a crush on the Southsides bad boy, Mickey Milkovich 😎😎 also youre a Gallagher, set in season 1. you will be referred to as (Y/N) and your...
3.7K 29 10
On the Northside or any place nicer then Southside Chicago love was something pretty it was flowers and chocolate and kindness. Not on the Southside...