Secrets /1/ TVD

By poultergeist

Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls... More

Rewrite / I'm Back!
Part One
Cast
Ch. 1 Bad Moon Rising
Ch. 2 Memory Lane
Ch. 3 Kill or Be Killed
Ch. 4 Plan B
Ch. 5 Masquerade
Ch. 6 Rose
Ch. 7 Katerina
Ch. 8 The Sacrifice
Ch. 9 By the Light of the Moon
Ch. 10 The Descent
Ch. 11 Daddy Issues
Ch. 12 Crying Wolf
Ch. 13 The House Guest
Ch. 14 Know Thy Enemy
Ch. 15 The Last Dance
Ch. 16 Klaus
Ch. 17 The Last Day
Ch. 18 The Sun Also Rises
Ch. 19 As I Lay Dying
IMPORTANT
Thanks Guys!
Part Two
Updated Cast
Ch. 1 The Reckoning
Ch. 2 Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ch. 3 Ghost World
Ch. 4 Ordinary People
Ch. 5 Homecoming
Ch. 6 Our Town
Ch. 7 The Ties That Bind
Ch. 8 Bringing Out the Dead
Ch. 9 Dangerous Liaisons
Ch. 10 All My Children
Ch. 12 Heart of Darkness
Ch. 13 Do Not Go Gentle
Ch. 14 Before Sunset
Ch. 15 The Departed
5K! (Late)
Part Three
Updated Cast
10K
Ch. 1 Growing Pains
Ch. 2 Memorial
Ch. 3 The Killer
Ch. 4 We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes
Ch. 5 My Brother's Keeper
Ch. 6 We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
Ch. 7 O Come, All Ye Faithful
Ch. 8 A View to a Kill
Ch. 9 Down the Rabbit Hole
Ch. 10 Bring It On
Ch. 11 Pictures of You
Ch. 12 The Originals
Book 2
Thank You!
You Guys Are Amazing!!!!
100k

Ch. 11 The Murder of One

8.4K 249 101
By poultergeist

TRUST
[3×18]

THE MIKAELSONS NEEDED FIND THE WHITE OAK AND GET UNLINKED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. To do so, Klaus and Rebekah decided to split up. She was staying in Mystic Falls to look for the remaining white oak, while Klaus went to get the blood of all his siblings to unlink them. Given that all of them had ran for the hills after almost being killed by Esther, he had to make several stops. And since I didn't mind going to see Kol and wanted to help keep them alive, I ended up on a road trip with the hybrid. Carol was more than happy to watch Lilly for a weekend.

We had already gotten Kol's blood. Of course, the vampire had once again offered to let me travel with him. And while the idea was almost appealing, I once again said no. Then we found Elijah and got his. All that was left was Finn.

I was actually kind of enjoying myself. My parents didn't travel. I had only ever stayed in two different states, one where my dad had lived, and in Virginia with my mom. Klaus kept making small stops to show me the tourist attractions.

He actually wasn't a bad traveling companion. Unless we were talking or at some tourist attraction, he would usually be sketching something. He never let me see any of them. It was getting a little annoying.

Today we were sitting in our hotel room. I had been video chatting with Carol, who was definitely enjoying her grandma time. Klaus was sketching as usual. I hopped up, walking over to him. "Can I see?" I wondered. He quickly moved the sketch pad so I couldn't. "This is getting annoying."

He chuckled and flipped through a few pages. He looked at it, before sighing. "Here," he said. He handed me the book and I looked at the page. I was surprised to see it was me with Lilly.

I remembered it. Klaus had been sitting across from me, sketching, while I had been trying to teach Lilly how to say Bekah. Rebekah had been sitting with Klaus, whining about how Lilly already said mom, Aunt Care, Bon Bon and Day, but didn't know how to say her name yet.

"I love it," I said.

"Really?" Klaus asked.

"Yeah, it was funny watching how annoyed Rebekah got that day. She was mad Lilly even had a way to say Damon's name but not hers," I said. Klaus smiled, remembering it.

"Can I have this?" I wondered. Klaus looked at me for a minute, before nodding. He carefully tore the page out and handed it to me.

|

Me and Klaus walked up behind the eldest Mikaelson. "Hello, Finn," Klaus said.

"Hello, Niklaus. Oh, did you bring your little girlfriend with you this time?" he asked.

"I'm very persuasive," I promised, making Finn scoff.

"I have nothing to say to either of you," Finn said.

"I'm not here to chat. I will ask you one time, though, where is our mother?" Klaus wondered, as we walked down the sidewalk.

"Gone to find another way to end our abominable lives. And when she does, I will sacrifice myself all over again," Finn said.

"How fortunate that we found you. I require your assistance," Klaus said.

"I have no wish to help you. Only to see you dead," Finn told him.

"Well, that's the thing. You see, you won't be able to see me dead, because if I die, then you die, so it is a wish unfulfilled," Klaus said, making me smile.

"Oh, bother someone else with your hollow charms, Niklaus," Finn snapped.

"Why? When I can bother my big brother? I need you to accompany me back to Mystic Falls. I have a witch there who can help undo Esther's spell that linked us together," Klaus said.

"I have no wish to be unlinked," Finn yelled at him, stopping.

"Again with the wishes. Let me rephrase, you will come back with me or I will put you back in that coffin in which you rotted for nine hundred years," Klaus said.

"What happens to one happens to all. You may not feel the effects of the dagger, but you'd lose your precious Rebekah," Finn warned.

"Wouldn't be the first time," Klaus said. Finn scoffed and walked around us. He used vampire speed to run into an alley.

I took Klaus' hand and he used vampire speed to run after Finn. We ran into the alley, blocking Finn's exit while Rebekah blocked his path. "Let's not make this any worse than it has to be, darling brother," she said.

"You're siding with him?" Finn asked her. "Rebekah, he stored us in boxes."

"At least he's not trying to make us extinct," she said.

Finn glanced back at us. "What are you going to do? Kill me?" he asked.

"Oh yeah, that's right. You have a death wish. Fine. Pathetic, but fine. The thing is, I'm not going to have you take down the rest of us with you," Klaus said, and threw his brother into a wall. He smiled at me and Rebekah.

"Can we go home now?" I asked.

"Of course, little wolf."

|

Klaus literally threw Finn into the house when we got home. I laughed, walking into the house with him. "Gather your witch, let's get his blood and get on with it," Rebekah said as her and Klaus also entered.

"You can't force me to help you," Finn said.

"Oh, I'm pretty sure they could. But we have something a little less messy," I said.

A red haired woman started walking down the stairs, staring at Finn. Rebekah had called, telling us she was in town. Her and Finn had dated nine hundred years ago. Finn stared at her. "Hello, Finn," she said.

"Sage?" he asked. He quickly got to his feet, running to her and pulling her into his arms.

"What do you know? True love prevails," Rebekah said.

"It does occasionally have its uses," Klaus said. I rolled my eyes, and saw him checking his phone.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing, Kol says hello," he told me. I smiled, I missed the Original.

"It was easier than torturing him. I have something to do," he said.

"What do you need from me for this spell?" Rebekah wondered.

"Just your blood and your blessing. Where are you going?" Klaus wondered.

"I have some unfinished business with Damon Salvatore. Ask Sage what he did to me and you'll understand why retribution is in order," Rebekah said.

"Just do me a favor and don't kill him," I said.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Give Lilly a hug for me when you see her," she said and left.

Me and Klaus looked back towards Sage and Finn. "Well, that worked perfectly," I said, smiling at him.

|

I was very happy to finally be back home, where I had my own bed instead of the uncomfortable hotel ones. I walked downstairs into the living room, to find Klaus in a room with Bonnie. "What is going on?" I asked.

"Ms. Bennett is helping us with our unlinking spell," Klaus said.

"You kidnapped her?" I asked.

"Rory, don't," Bonnie warned.

I looked at my friend. She was scared. "What is he holding over you?" I asked.

Bonnie's eyes filled with tears. "Jeremy," she said.

I felt my blood begin to boil. "We need to talk," I told Klaus, leading him out of the room.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked.

"I am breaking that link, which I thought was what you wanted," he said.

"You can't just threaten my friends," I snapped.

"Rory, love, I needed a witch. Bonnie was all too vulnerable and had the perfect unguarded leverage. That's it," Klaus said.

"She's terrified," I said.

"I won't hurt her, alright?" he asked.

"Klaus," I said.

"Look, she is free to go as soon as she finishes the spell. Why don't you just go upstairs and when she is done I will send her to you so you can see that she is perfectly fine?" he asked.

I scoffed and walked away from him.

|

I ran downstairs when I heard screaming. "Klaus, what was that?" I asked.

"Nothing you should worry about, love," he said. He was watching as Bonnie preformed the spell.

"Was- was that Damon?" I asked.

"Rory, can you please just calm down," he asked.

"Klaus, I said I would help you, but I can't if you're torturing my friends in the next room," I snapped.

Klaus yelled for someone and one of his hybrids entered the room. "Don't even think about it," I said.

"Please just take her to her room till this is over," Klaus said.

The hybrid grabbed my arm. "Don't you dare," I said.

"I need to finish this, Rory," he said.

|

The hybrid locked me in my room. "Look, I get you're not able to control this, but I need out of here," I told him while sitting on my bed.

He looked over at me, seeming very annoyed and bored. "Shut up," he said.

"Ha, you don't know me very well. My mouth doesn't stop moving very often, especially when I'm mad. So maybe you just let me out of this room and we can both stop listening to me ramble on," I said.

He walked over to me. "I said, shut up," he said.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. "Here's the thing, you can't hurt me. If you did, your master will kill you," I said.

He then grabbed me. "I wouldn't be so sure about that," he said. "I'm sure Klaus wouldn't mind me getting a little snack."

His eyes turned gold and I saw his fangs, right before they entered my neck. I grabbed the knife I had learned to keep on me, and shoved it into his neck. Alaric had taught me where to stab someone so that I hit there spinal cord. I knew that wouldn't keep him down long, though. I cut his head off, I wasn't in a great mood. I then walked downstairs.

Klaus was sitting on the couch. "You will be pleased to know I got Bonnie to undo the link right before Finn was killed by your friends no less," Klaus said, not turning to face me.

"Where's Bonnie and Damon?" I asked.

"In their beds, safe and sound, I'm guessing," he told me.

"Good to know, I guess I will be leaving then," I said.

"What?" Klaus asked, finally looking up at me. He saw the blood and ran to me. "What happened?"

He tried to touch my neck, but I pushed him away. "Don't touch me! You promised I would be safe here. I trusted you. Then you attack my friends and leave me to get attacked by one of your idiot hybrids," I said.

"I'll kill him," Klaus muttered.

"Don't bother, I already removed his head from his body," I said.

"You did what?" he asked. I couldn't tell whether he was angry or concerned anymore.

"I killed him, because he attacked me. I trusted you, Klaus! Everyone told me not to, but I did! If Alaric hadn't taught me to carry a knife, he probably would've killed me," I said.

"Rory, I'm sorry, little wolf," he said.

"Don't call me that. Don't even talk to me. I thought maybe I could live here. Maybe I could help you guys, that's over!"

|

I walked into the Salvatore house, tears running down my cheeks. Caroline and Elena were cleaning up the living room. Elena looked up as I walked in. Her eyes widened as she saw the blood on me and the tears. "Caroline," she said.

My sister looked up. "Oh, my gosh," Caroline said. She ran over to me. "Are you okay? What happened?"

I just let my tears run. My sister pulled me into a hug, not caring that I was getting blood on her shirt. She took me upstairs and got me cleaned up. She gave me her blood and I changed into one of Damon's T-shirts. Then we went back downstairs and I curled up on the couch.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"For what?" she asked.

"Not listening to you," I said.

"You like to see the best in people. I do the same. I can't judge you off that," she told me. I gave her a small smile.

"What all did I miss? I heard you guys killed Finn," I said.

"Yeah, Matt did. Umm, there is something I need to tell you about that," she said.

I sat up, hearing the nervous tone to her voice. "What is it?" I asked.

"After Finn died, Sage and another vampire also mysteriously died," she said.

"Okay, why does that matter?" I wondered.

"Because Finn turned Sage, and Sage turned the other vampire," she said.

My brain tried to process all of this. "So what? You're saying that if you kill an Original, you kill everyone they've ever turned, along with everyone that person has ever turned?" I asked.

Caroline nodded. "Damon is trying to find out whose line we're from. But if it isn't Klaus, they're planning on killing him," she said.

"And in doing so, they'll kill Tyler."

IMPORTANT NOTE: Rory did not trigger her werewolf curse in this chapter. I get this question a lot so I thought I would explain it. Because hybrids and vampires have already died once, they're technically dead already and killing them doesn't trigger the curse. Which I believe is canon in the show given that Hope killed several vampires in season five of The Originals, but the human she killed by accident was what triggered her curse.

Moving on, I skipped episodes 16 and 17 because I couldn't find a place to fit Rory in. And Rory and Klaus' friendship is over. Not really.

Please vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 1.4K 44
The Vampire Diaries Season One to Season Four The Originals Season One to TBD Kol Mikaelson x OC
55.3K 1.3K 34
❝ 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞.. ❞ the original family.. the first vampires, the legends that are told to...
118K 2K 60
What if Damon and Stefan Salvatore had a little sister? What if she fell hard for their Mortal Enemy? Well In this story, you'll get the answers to...
180K 7.1K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...