Falling for his victim

By Creativecolette

Meet Marcus lane. He's a 25 year old boy who normally doesn't want to ask for help and is very independent bu... More

chapter 1: The Start of it all
Chapter 2 The fateful day
Chapter 3 :The chase begins
Chapter 4: No news is good news
chapter 5 :A remarkably Good friendship
Chapter 6: A Risky Move
Chapter 7:The Monkey house
Chapter 8: Trusting him
Chapter 9: Is it a date or not date? Accepting the date
Chapter 10- Complicated

Chapter 5: A Brave Move

77 17 56
By Creativecolette

Marcus had no other choice but to run back to his place. He hoped that no CCTV cameras had caught him running away from the scene of the crime. Especially when he has blood all down his clothes from where the girl punched his tooth out.

He runs in through his front door and slams the door shut. He sunk to the ground thinking about what he had just done. As soon as he had even attempted to snatch the bag from her, He had instantly regretted his actions but once he started there was no backing out or getting away from it.

He regretted it, even more, when he saw her face pleading with him and then she was even brave enough to punch him. He hadn't expected that on her part.

Part of him thought that she was easy pickings and all his problems would be simply fixed by robbing her. Or at least that's what he had hoped.

All he wanted was a bit of money so he could pay his debts off and give himself a reprieve before bailiffs or even worse some really bad gangsters that he owed money to came by his door to beat him up or even worse kill him.

He dared himself to open the girls' bag to check the contents. He tipped it upside down and sure enough contents fell out onto the floor in front of him.

He looks inside the green purse that fell out of the bag. "Let's see, hmm.. Bus pass, Well that's no good to me.." He threw the Bus pass on the other side of the room.

He checked every aspect of the purse before realizing it was actually empty. He threw the purse across the room in frustration.

Marcus was extremely worried now and gets up pacing the room. "Shit, What have I done?"

He realized that all this wasn't really worth it. He knew by now the police was probably on their way to get him.

He had two choices, Either he could fix this somehow and convince the girl to drop the charges against him or he could hand himself in.

Marcus decided the first option was probably his best bet considering he didn't want to spend the rest of his life in prison especially when the people he owes money to could be in there too.

But what stumped him was how was he going to do it? And What was he even going to say? "Hi, there, Im the terrible dude who robbed you and I'm so sorry by the way."

He slumped down on the floor and bangs his head on the wall. " Pathetic Marcus, You really are Pathetic.. Well done for screwing your life up.. yet Again! "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Chloe's Pov~

After leaving her friend Chas's house behind, She began making her way home when suddenly her phone rang. "Mum what's the matter?"

Her Mum replies, "You need to get home sharpish, The Police are here."

Chloe frowns. "But I already gave them the description of the guy why would they turn up again now?" She dared herself to even hope, " Unless they've got him? Oh, Mum Please say they've got him. "

Her Mother sighs, "Just get here and you'll find out." Her Mother then hung up the phone on her.

Chloe sighs, Her Mother never did give her a straight answer on the phone. It's almost like she preferred a simple conversation face to face mainly because she hated technology.

Chloe places her phone back into her pocket safely. But she didn't walk, She ran. She desperately hoped that there was good news.

She didn't like being outside for too long and anyone who came past her, She eyed suspiciously.

What happened to her? She never used to be so suspicious and untrusting of people.

Every single person She saw, She wondered if it was him or at least someone that knew him. The last thing she wanted was an innocent person caught in the crossfire but as much as she hated to admit it, The whole situation had definitely changed her somehow.

But she loved who she was before all this and now her entire outlook and her entire self was changed forever. But she knew who exactly was to blame.

It was him. He had a choice, She knew that. He could've not robbed her and walked away but instead he chose to do that and he didnt care if she even got hurt in the process. It was just by a stroke of luck that she managed to hurt him instead.

But where had she found such confidence from to have been able to punch him instead? The truth was she didn't know. She has always been such a shy timid girl but to actually do something like that especially in the moment astounded her.

The question is, If she was faced in the exact same situation again, Could she do the exact Same thing again? The truth was she wasn't sure.

She did feel slightly guilty that she had hurt another human being but she had to remind herself that what he was doing was wrong and she was just protecting herself and her property.

When she finally arrived and entered the house, she was met by two police officers. "Miss Meldona?"

Chloe nodded. "That's me. What can I do for you officers?"

The taller officer of the two sat down and gestured to Chloe to sit opposite him. "It's actually more what you can do for us Miss Meldona."

She takes off her coat and places it on the arm of the sofa and then sits opposite him and raised her eyebrow curiously. "Oh?, What's that then? And please call me Chloe."

Her Mother pokes her head around the door and interrupts the conversation. "Anyone want any tea?"

The older Police officer smiles and shook his head. " No thanks ma'am, I'm afraid me and my partner here won't have time at present but maybe another time though."

Her Mother continues to hover around being nosey until Chloe shoots her an angry look. "Mother, Just go will you?, This is nothing to do with you."

Her Mother sighs exasperatedly. "Well, Excuse me for caring about my daughter!" And She exits the room walking off in a huff.

Chloe smiles at the police officer, Slightly embarrassed at her Mother's latest stunt to embarrass her. "You were Saying?"

He nodded and emptied his throat. "The thing is Chloe, Whilst we may have your attackers description, We'd like you to come down to the station and complete an E-Fit Drawing with us."

Chloe nodded confidently. "I can do that, We can go down now if you like?"

She reaches for coat but his hand places onto hers. "But that's not all Chloe, We're gonna need you to make a public statement to the press."

Chloe's Jaw dropped. "The press? Is that really necessary?"

The Police officer nodded. "It is Chloe, That is if you want us to catch this guy."

Chloe nodded. "Of course I do." Chloe felt as if all this was moving so quickly. She had hoped that the police would catch the guy and then it would go to court and then that would be the end of this nightmare but facing the press?

She sighs and decided that it was probably time to say goodbye to her privacy.

Chloe swallows nervously. "Tell me what I have to do."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later the E-fit had finally been done and dusted. But now came the moment she was dreading.

She sits on a long table facing an audience of journalists and cameras along with various Photographers. She whispers to the police officer on the right of her. "I'm so not sure about this."

He smiles at her sympathetically, "I'm sorry Chloe but you agreed to this and a lot of work went to painstakingly organising this press release so you can't back out now."

Chloe nodded sadly. "You're right, I'm sorry."

He places his hands on her shoulders. He could see she was nervous "You'll be fine, Simply tell them what happened and what he looked like and it'll all be over."

She smiles at him gratefully and thanked him for his support. She thinks to herself, "If only it was that simple..."

Chloe stands up and empties her throat. The room eerily goes quiet. From whence the room was full of hustle and bustle of people moving around and preparing with plenty of chatter. There was now, of course, a strange silence that surrounded the room.

She looks at them. They were actually keen on hearing what she had to say. Chloe hated this part because she hated public speaking but the idea that people were actually listening to her for once was slightly overwhelming. "My name Is Chloe Meldona, I'm 24 years old and a few days ago, I was mugged by a guy who was not much older than me, At best he was between the ages of 24 to 26 and tall and slim."

Marcus Lane

She grew more and more confident as time went on. "He was blonde with short hair and green eyes, Wearing a Black Hoodie and blue Jeans accompanied by black trainers."

Now was the tricky part, She now had to tell them about what she did. Would they believe her?

Would people be angry that she did this? "The thing is he didn't take much just my bag with my purse that had my bus pass in it but I believe I didn't give him time or chance to well, Because, I punched him and one of his teeth fell out on the floor but I quickly picked up the tooth itself and handed it over to the police which thankfully they are now testing for DNA.

Suddenly out of nowhere the whole room burst into applause. The Police officer on the right of her raised his hands for silence. "That's right we have the culprits DNA which means it won't be long before we catch him."

He hands to the journalists each a copy of the E-fit that Chloe did. "Here is a copy of the E- fit."

He puts up a copy on the screen beside him for the cameras. "And I ask anyone who was in the vicinity when this mugging occurred who may have seen or heard anything to please come forward and if you know this young gentleman please contact us so we can put a name to the face but most importantly if you know where he is please don't hesitate into contacting us."

Marcus Lane E-Fit

He faces one of the cameras. "And to you, Young lad, Wherever you may be, Its absolutely vital that you hand yourself in before you get yourself in even more trouble further down the line."

He smiles at the Journalists. "Thank you, That'll be all, There will be no questions at this point in time."

The Police officer takes Chloe out of the room and down a corridor. He looks at her proudly. "You were Brilliant!"

Chloe blushes. "Well at least that's over and done with, Can I go home for a nice cup of tea now?"

The Police officer nodded. "We'll be in touch."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcus's PoV

The next day Marcus wakes up from his mattress on the floor and gets up making his way to his living room/Kitchen. He grabs a bowl of cereal and sits in the corner of his tired and dirty looking room and begins to eat.

He hadn't slept well the night before but he knew exactly why. It was partly the fear of the police knocking on his door and the other half the guilt of what he did.

He had spent the entire night tossing and turning wondering a way out or at least a way of fixing this so he could find a way of easing his conscience.

Suddenly something falls through the letterbox of his front door. He sighs, "It's probably more bills or god forbid Junk Mail but I guess I should go and take a look, No point burying your head under the sand anymore is there?

He places his bowl of cereal down on the floor next to him and walks over to take a look. What he saw surprised him. It was the local newspaper and what's more, The girl he mugged was on the front page.

"This is it Marcus, This is Exactly how to fix this stupid mess you got yourself in."

He smiles at himself, he now had a plan and what's more... He had a name!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated to gracie_917 Pizzaloverdude Veliichor grizzie-grey davidandcolette elephant44 cl079706 20th-march ravendra8 TheWriterMadness

Author note;
Thank you for reading my books! Please vote and comment and I really hope you enjoyed the Chapter you guys inspire me so much! ❤❤❤❤❤❤

What do you think is gonna happen next? What's Marcus 's plan? Next update soon!!

PS I know the E-Fit doesn't look exactly like him but I just want you to imagine it does! I live for your votes and comments and your enjoyment of my stories! I love you all x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

603K 30.7K 32
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...
886K 21.3K 43
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
217K 5.2K 53
Lauren Campbell is a sweet, simple girl with a bubbly personality. She tries to accept her imperfections and enjoys the little pleasures in life. "Sh...
304K 26.6K 14
Indian Chronicles Book III My Husband, My Tyrant. When Peace Becomes Suffocation. Jahnvi Khanna has everything in her life, a supporting family, a hi...