Her Cruel Mate

By MissieA

Annabel Hastings never paid any attention to the topic of mates. So imagine her surprise when the cruel Alpha... More

All Rights Reserved
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Authors Note
sequel

Chapter 10

396K 13.9K 4.9K
By MissieA

Shutting the door to my mates house behind me with an aggravated sigh, I trudged to the living room. I could just imagine all the fun everyone was having without me. While I stay abandoned in this house.

I had blocked everyone out minutes after I had started my walk here. And by everyone I mean Mason, Rose, Ari, and even Jay. He wanted to explain but I did not want to hear it from him. I wanted to hear it from the Alpha himself. Actually, I needed too.

I slumped onto the couch. The front door opened and I immediately heard the angry footsteps of Alpha Thaddeus. I turned my head to see him practically glaring holes into me.

Neither of us moved or spoke a word for a very tense minute.

"What is so urgent that I had to put the meeting on hold?" His words were full of anger and annoyance.

"Why are you isolating me from everyone?" I asked ignoring his tone.

He closed his eyes for a second before staring hatefully at me. "I do not have time for this."

He turned around but I was already on my feet. "Wait!"

I took a deep breath before continuing.

"You said you didn't want a mate," I began. "Reject me right now."

He turned his body halfway facing me, before becoming rigid. A very uncomfortable silence took over as I waited for him to say the proper words.

My wolf hated me for saying this but I pushed her aside. I was thinking for us both and if she didn't like it than so be it.

A tense minute passed.

Then another. And then another. Three minutes had already passed and he was still in the same position. Finally he spoke.

"For fucks sake," my eyed widened as I did not take him as the type to curse. "I can't do that."

"Then why do you keep pushing me away?" I took a few steps closer to his unmoving position. If he couldn't do that then that meant he must have feelings for me deep down.

Instead of answering he shook his head. "That is enough for now."

"Please tell me," I didn't bother to hide the vulnerable tone in my voice. "I cried my eyes out last night and I know you heard me. Yet you did not come and check up on me. Why can't we do what other mates do? Like each other, hell, love each other."

By the time I was done, I was trying to control my breathing. I usually didn't cry as much but being around Alpha Thaddeus made me a river of tears. I watched his facial expression but nothing gave me an idea of what he was thinking.

"You are rejecting me then, I suppose," he said, his voice emotionless.

I shook my head my eyes bulging out. "I don't want to reject you."

"Then what are you saying?"

"I want to start all over. I want- "

"Not everyone can get what they want." I was almost sure there was a double meaning in his words as my eyes flickered over his face.

"Can we just take it slow? Start all over?" There was a pregnant pause before he answered.

"That is enough," he said slowly. My shoulders sagged as I cast my eyes downwards.

Silence over took us as he stood still probably thinking I'd say something. When I didn't he turned and sped out the room.

I turned and trudged back to the living room and did the only thing I had been good at since last night; Crying myself to sleep.

I felt myself being shaken awake. I slowly cracked my eyes open seeing Ari and Rose standing above me. I didn't show any emotion as I sat upright and watched them take a few steps backs.

"Some staff and I made dinner at the pack house and we came to get you," Ari spoke.

"Why couldn't you just bring it here?" I retorted harshly. She took a step back, along with Rose who had a guilty look on her face.

"I was told-"

"Not to tell me?" I interrupted. Rose looked down before meeting my face. She nodded before turning around.

"Mason wants to talk to you," she said voice low. "He's outside."

Once she walked out, Ari was still watching me. "I know the Alpha isn't very accepting of you, but everyone has their reasons."

I inhaled then slowly exhaled. "What do you think his reason is?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I guess it has something to do when he was a child. No one, I think, really knows. But if you can get him to open up somehow, you'd be the first to know."

I groaned before slumping back on the couch. Before I could add my two cents, she beat me to it. "Masons pretty desperate to talk to you."

I reluctantly got up before heading towards the front door. I saw Masons head snap up as his eyes observed my tearstained cheeks. Without another word he wrapped his arms around me crushing me to his chest.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't tell you," he mumbled into my head. "I really wanted to tell you but your mate kind of told us-"

"I know what he did."

He tensed. "And you're alright with that?"

I shook my head. "Why were you crying?"

"Not know please," I practically beg. "I just want to go eat."

He nodded before letting go of me. Rose stepped up from behind him, shocking me. I didn't know she was there at all.

"I'm sorry," she said as Mason slung an arm over her shoulder.

I nodded. "It's OK."

"Enough of this, I'm hungry and if any of you want to join me, I'll be at the pack house."

We all growled before following her. As we arrived, heads turned and murmurs erupted at the sight of me. I knew they must have found out I was the alphas mate by now.

Many people looked away as I past them. I don't know why. I wasn't intimidating in the least bit but yet I had people cowering away.

Great, another way on how to be isolated. If you guys need tips on how to become a loner, please come to me.

I ignored the worried glance from Mason. He knew better than anyone else that this was affecting me big time. It's not like I asked to become isolated. I didn't want people cowering away from me like they were doing right now.

"You know," I spoke up stopping Ari, Rose and Mason. "I don't really feel hungry anymore."

They all see through my white lie. But instead of trying to get me to reconsider, they let me go. Just as I turn around, Ari speaks up. "I will bring food to the alphas home."

Without another word passed between us, I head back to the alphas home. I didn't feel OK with saying it like that but it was his home after all. I was just his mate living in his home for, I don't know how long.

I walked past a small bush ignoring the glances from people walking about. I paused before retracing my steps and bending down to grasp what had caught my eye. A baby lily.

I touched around trying to find an already grown one. A few moments later I found a great amount of white lilies. I snatched two or three and held them close before taking a whiff of the scent. I have always had an obsession with flowers when I was a young pup. I always thought they were beautiful and held so much meaning to it.

Holding the flowers in my hand, I made my way back to the cave I share with the monster. Watching as the house came into view, I thought of my future days in the house. Is it always going to be like this?

I played with the lovely petals when I reached the door. I breathed in deeply, but a scent had me glancing around. More specifically, his scent. He was inside the house.

I contemplated on whether or not I should go in, but as the movements inside increased I realised I had no choice. He had already sensed me near.

When my fingers were a mere few centimetres away, the door flew open. I didn't jump as I already sensed it coming.

"Where did you go?" His question came out in a growl, which made me jump. He didn't acknowledge my slight jump. Instead he focused on me. My eyes. For some odd reason, I knew he was trying to intimidate me. And it worked.

I could literally feel the anger flowing off of him in waves. I don't know what I did to make him this tense and angry.

Whatever it was though, I was going to find out.

"I was just going to the pack house," I quietly replied. I know he heard me loud and clear though.

"With who?" I hated who it felt like he was grilling me of answers. I don't know what he wanted me to say though.

"With friends," I calmly responded. His grip on the door tightened and I could clearly see the veins popping up.

A growl so fierce and loud erupted from within him. He was fed up with my answers.

"Why was there a males scent all over the front of my house when I got here?" I knew what he was now hinting at. And I know I have no way out. I steeled myself for the outcome and looked him in the eyes for the first time he opened the door.

"Because I had visitors."

And with those words out of my mouth, my mate let out a howl that had me stumbling backwards. I caught myself before I could get down and noticed how some bystanders ran away from the raging Alpha.

Alpha Thaddeus took a few steps forwards, his cold death stare staring me down. I was actually scared of what he'd do. Would he physically hurt me? I've heard of some stories of mates who've abused their other half and not think twice about it. I don't know why someone would do that, much less to their own mate.

Staring up at Thaddeus now, I wasn't sure of what he'd do. My wolf was reaching out, telling me to somehow get him to calm down. To comfort him.

Taking a deep breath, I lift my hand up to place on his arm. Before I could lay a finger on him, he was already pushing past me.

I watched as he walked with a purpose in the direction I used to go to the pack house. His back was straight while he kept clenching and unclenching his fists. It was then the truth came to me.

Before I realized what I was doing, my feet were already taking me to him. Six steps. Four steps. Two steps behind. I launched myself at him, wrapping my arms around him.

He froze in place. I could feel his rigid muscles underneath my fingertips. I could feel his heart beat beating faster and faster. I don't know what I was doing, but it felt right.

For a split second he relaxed, but seeming to remember who I was or what was happening, he took a hold of my hands around him and ripped them off. A gasp flew out of me from how much force he had used.

My heart was beating at such a rapid pace, I know he heard it. Blinking the oncoming tears away, I looked at his back muscles. He was so tense. If I thought he hated me before then boy was I wrong. He would most definitely treat me worse than before.

Wanting to divert the situation to something else, I did. "Please don't hurt him."

He knew I was talking about Mason but he didn't reply as fast as I thought he would. Minutes later, his deep sonorous voice filled my ears.

"Go back inside." He wasn't asking, not surprisingly, he was ordering me to do so.

Deciding to just be stupid, I stood my ground. "I'm not letting you hurt my best friend."

He spun around and raised his hand. My mind flashed back to the rumors of mates hurting their other half. With that in mind, I flinched backwards, tripping over my own two feet. I landed on my bum and glanced upwards.

Alpha Thaddeus was still. Very still. His blank dark eyes were trained on me as he lowered his hand and kept it at his side.

"You thought I'd hurt you," it wasn't a question. It was a statement. I couldn't help but feel as if he was disappointed and unhappy with me.

He took a few steps away from me. "I'm sorry-"

Without letting me fully explain, he turned and I was forced to watch his retreating figure.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled knowing he wouldn't hear me anyway.

-

"Aren't you hungry?"

I shook my head and glanced out the window. "I thought you'd be. You haven't eaten for a while."

"I lost my appetite," I retorted. Its been an hour since I last saw Thaddeus and it has been getting pretty dark ever since. I couldn't deny I was quite nervous even though he was a very strong wolf. I guess it was the mate bond doing this to me.

I couldn't get rid of that face of his. He looked appalled that I had thought he would strike me. All I wanted to do at the moment was confront him and apologise continually. Some part of me knows he wouldn't appreciate that though.

"You want to do something?" Ari asked. I don't know why she was asking because I don't plan on leaving at all. Maybe I could just live inside my room and get Ari to bring the food to my bedroom door. Yeah, I think that could work.

"You already know the answer to that." Ari pursed her lips and said nothing for a while until all of a sudden she slapped her palm onto the table. I jerked away from her.

"What-"

"I got a good idea!" She began. "We should go to the local bar, you know, get a bit-"

"I don't drink." I replied with a straight face.

"Then how about we just go somewhere?" Her cheeky grin had me almost smiling. Keyword: almost.

"I don't think we're allowed to-"

"Yes we are," she says. "Once a month Alpha Thaddeus lets everyone go to the human city nearby to do whatever."

"What about having to go shopping or whatever?" I ask, a spark of curiosity slowly igniting me.

"We have some maids who go out to fetch whatever people need," She answered. "But if you want to do it yourself you go to the Alpha himself for permission."

"Why?"

Ari shrugged. "You should ask him yourself. But my guess is he doesn't want us exposing ourselves to the humans."

"That does make sense," I reply sitting up straighter. "When can we go?"

Ari shook her head and shrugged. "He kind of just announces when he feels like it."

I slumped in my seat feeling the slight excitement fade away. "But," Ari started seeing the look on my face. "You can ask him yourself if we could go."

"Now?"

"Now." I shook my head at her. "It's almost midnight."

Ari didn't seem to let the time faze her. "Ari that's not a good idea."

"Come on Anna," she was now pouting. "It is not healthy to be holed up in here like this."

"Why can't we go tomorrow?"

"Because by then you'll think of a great excuse not to go and I'll be way too busy tomorrow."

I sighed caving in. What's the worse that could happen anyways?

-

"Is this necessary?" I ask gesturing to the all black clothing we were both wearing. Ari nodded before moving with a quick speed towards the woods.

"Aren't there-" She stopped me by putting her index finger to her lips. Understanding her quickly, I shut up.

Aren't there guards situated here?

I glanced around as if we were about to be caught soon. Thankfully, there were no signs... Yet.

Most left to go to dinner and some have a meeting with the Alpha. I didn't ask how she knew this but decided to keep my mouth shut.

What's with all the meetings?

I don't know but one thing for sure is, the meetings began happening right after your old pack was destroyed.

I shivered remembering the night. How Beta George told me to run. A sudden pain attacked me. Beta George was dead. There was no way he could have survived from those wolves surrounding him. They must have killed him.

They. They. The pack I was now in. Not wanting to get upset, I hurried to keep up with Ari who was suddenly ahead of me. I stayed behind her as she walked ahead. She suddenly stopped which made me crash into her back.

What is it?

She didn't reply but instead shushed me again. We waited in silence before going back to walking. According to Ari, it takes nearly twenty minutes to get to the pack borders.

And so far we haven't seen a single guard. If it was this easy to leave the pack, I thought as we neared the borders, then I did not feel safe one bit.

We crossed the borders. I turned around and let out a nervous laugh. "Well, that was easy."

Ari opened her mouth to reply, but someone else beat her to it.

"Think again."

We turned around to face him. I instantly knew we were in deep trouble.

Comment. Vote. Fan.

~MissieA out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.7K 45
River Santiago daughter of the alpha of the Grayston pack. just turned 18. and is able to find her mate. Lowell Morgan. the current alpha the most f...
34.6M 994K 32
Alpha Darren Hale of Moonstone Pack has been searching for his mate for four years, he's beginning to lose hope. Little does he know, he'll soon find...
419K 257 10
HIGHEST IN WEREWOLF - #22 Josie Renyolds had always been the kindest girl in the pack. She would never call anyone a name, be the friend to someone w...
12.1M 360K 41
[HIGHEST RANK #1 in WEREWOLF 14/10/2016] A girl who had been on the run for eight years had no intention to stop now and having a mate was not someth...