Uncertainty - Stiles Stilinsk...

By theresathanya

Amber's life turned upside down. One night changed everything. It all changed nine years ago. She eventually... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
ninteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
Epilogue

six

17K 407 221
By theresathanya

Since Tess needed the car to drive to work, I had to stick with Scott and Stiles in his jeep. It was already dark outside, which made it easier for us to sneak into the crime scene. Stiles stopped the car and we all got out. I made my way to the fence and started to climb up.

"Hey no! Just me and Amber. Someone needs to keep watch!" Scott said to Stiles who wanted to climb up the fence as well. I was already on the other side and watched them arguing. 

"How come I'm always the guy keeping watch?" Stiles asked disappointed.

"Because there's only three of us and Amber and I are both involved. Not you" Scott explained.

"Okay, why's it starting to feel like you're the Batman and I'm Robin? I don't want to be Robin all the time" Stiles argued.

"Stiles..." I groaned.

"Nobody's Batman and Robin any of the time" Scott snapped.

"Not even some of the time?" Stiles asked.

"Jesus. Just stay here!" I muttered and rolled my eyes.

"Oh my god! Fine!" He groaned and got back to the car.

Scott climbed over the fence and stopped there, closing his eyes while I got in the bus. As I touched one of the seats I saw my mom, catching her breath. I shook my head and got to the back of the bus. Scott opened the door and got in as well.

"Remember anything yet?" he asked me. 

"Not really." I shook my head.

I saw my mum lying on the floor, trying to grab a hold of one of the seats but she then suddenly turned into Mr.Meyers.

Scott screamed behind me, holding his arms in front of him like something was being thrown against him. 

"You all right?" I asked. "I just thought that someone threw one of the seats at me" he answered. I nodded.

As I turned back around I saw Mr.Meyers lying on the ground, screaming for help. I reached my hand to him, which he took but then I felt claws digging through my stomach. I pulled my hand back and grabbed my stomach. It was fine. It was just a memory. I looked up and saw glowing red eyes in front of me. The alpha. He was in here as well. He tried to kill the bus driver. I just tried to help him.

"Amber! Amber! Come one!" Scott screamed. I turned around and heard Stiles honking. Scott ran out and jumped over the fence. I ran out as well and climbed back up, jumping down and landing on my feet.

"Come on!" Stiles shouted from the car.

"GO GO GO!" Scott screamed as we made it inside the car. Stiles started it and raced away "Did it work?"

"Yeah. I was there last night. I saw Amber. And the blood- a lot of it was mine" Scott said.

"So you did attack him?" Stiles asked.

"No. I saw glowing eyes in there, but they weren't mine or Amber's" Scott tried to explain but he didn't know how.

"They were red. It was the alpha" I said.

"Derek" Scott hushed.

"What about the driver?" Stiles questioned. 

„I think we were actually trying to protect him" I replied. Stiles was confused "Wait, why would Derek help you remember that he attacked the driver?"

"That's what I don't get" Scott mumbled. "It's got to be a pack thing" Stiles commented.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Like an initiation. You do the kill together."

"Because ripping someone's throat out is a real bonding experience" Scott complained. "I don't think that Derek wants us to kill" I added.

"But guys. You didn't do it! Which means you're no killers and it also means that-"

"I can out with Allison" Scott interrupted.

"I was gonna say it means you won't kill me" Stiles finished his sentence. 

"Oh yeah that too." Scott laughed.

"Be there in ten" I sent Stiles. Since I made up that lie about Stiles and me hanging out tonight, we thought that maybe we should really hang out. He told me in school to come over tonight so we could watch a movie. Stiles said that he would pick out a movie because it was my fault that I had to lie so he called dips on choosing the movie. We'll be watching something like Star Wars, probably. 

I looked one more time in the mirror, making sure that my outfit was okay. I was wearing a black ripped skinny jeans with a grey plaid shirt and a black top. Black was my favorite color. It reminded me of the darkness. I liked the darkness. Lydia always complained about me wearing black all time. She told me that I should try wearing some colors but I denied.

"Tess? I'm on my way to Stiles. I'll be back late!" I shouted.

"But there's a curfew!" Tess reminded me, coming out the bathroom.

"I'm already seventeen and that's near to eighteen so that's no problem" I mumbled.

"Yes, no problem for you or me. But it will be a problem once the police find you after nine thirty" she uttered.

"But no one will find me" I groaned.

"Didn't you just say that you'll be at Stiles'? Isn't his father the sheriff?" she mentioned.

I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"It's fine, just be safe."

I arrived at the Stilinski's household six minutes later and knocked on the door. Stiles opened the door and let me in.

"What movie are we gonna watch?" I asked walking upstairs in his room.

"That's for me to know and you to find out" he laughed. 

"Do you want something to drink? Or a snack?" he asked while I sat on his bed. "Surprise me" I replied and took my shoes off.

Stiles smirked and got back downstairs while I took a look around his room. I've been here before but I never really got a chance to explore his bedroom. On the book shelf was a collection of dozens of DVD's and books. Next to the books were pictures. Pictures of him and Scott and one with his mum, I think so. She was gorgeous and seemed friendly.

"Found something interesting?" Stiles asked.

I turned around and smiled. He gave me one of the two coke cans and placed the bowl with chips on his desk.

"Just those funny pictures of you and Scott, being naked on a party" I said.

"Wait what? We don't have-"

"I'm just kidding" I laughed.

Stiles sighed and got a DVD from the shelf "The Dilemma'.

"Oh I love that movie" I revealed and sat back down on his bed. "Great" Stiles said and sat next to me on his bed. He got the bowl of chips, placed them on his lap and started the movie.

During the film, I could hear his heart beat beating a little bit faster than it should. I could also feel him being nervous. I wanted to ask what's wrong but in that moment his door opened and Mr. Stilinski appeared.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'll be at the station. Don't wait for me" he told Stiles.

Stiles grabbed the remote and paused the movie "Okay, Dad."

"Oh and Amber? Be safe when you drive back home. We didn't set up that curfew for nothing" he warned me. "It's okay. I'm nearly eighteen. I can handle myself" I defended myself.

"Good. I'll see you later, Stiles" he said. "Oh and... you two aren't dating, are you?" he asked.

Stiles cheeks turned red, clearly unpleasant at the moment. "N- No Dad" he stammered.

His father smiled one last time before closing the door.

"You're seventeen?" Stiles asked me. "How come you're seventeen and a sophomore?"

"I ... um..." I stuttered. "When my Mum died I stopped going school back in Paradise where we used to live and when we moved to Beacon Hills I had to do sophomore year again."

"You're from Ohio?" he asked. I nodded. "That's why I never saw you in freshman year. You lived in Paradise back then" he mumbled.

Stiles pressed the play button and focused back on the movie. He wasn't nervous anymore but I could still hear his fast heart beat.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah... sure, why do you ask?" he questioned.

"You're heart is beating really fast" I told him.

He knitted his eyebrows and faced me "Oh yeah right. I forgot that you're a werewolf."

"So are you okay?" I asked again.

He sighed and stopped the movie again "I have a lot of questions but I'm not sure if I should ask you."

"Ask me what?"

"About your parents. They're both dead, right?" he asked and I nodded.

"I... um... May I asked how it happened? Their death" he muttered. "If it's okay for you" he added.

"Yeah it's fine. I mean I have to talk to someone some day, right?" I asked, rhetorically.

Stiles nodded and gave me one of his heart warming smiles.

"Um... my mum was a werewolf" I confessed. "She got bitten nine years ago when I was eight years old. It was hard for me back then to understand what was happening to her. I- I always believed in supernatural creatures but I never thought that they were real. Running around in my neighborhood" I explained.

"What about your dad?"

"My dad was an emissary" I said.

"What's an emissary?" he asked.

"An emissary is a druid. It means wise oak. He served as an adviser for the alpha in Paradise but I didn't know who the alpha was. Apparently, he bit my mom" I responded. "They got killed by hunters a year ago. The whole pack got killed. The hunters thought that my dad was one of them, too, since he was at their hiding place. Mom called me right before she died, telling me to keep safe and to never get the bite because it would ruin my life. I promised her. But I broke that promise. I lied. The last few words I told my mom were lies."

"That's not true, Amber. You didn't lie to her. You didn't know what would happen" he tried to cheer me up.

"I heard her, taking her last breath" mumbled.

"I did, too when my mum died" Stiles told me.

"You did?" I asked, completely shocked.

He nodded.

"I'm sorry" I apologized and he nodded in sympathy.

"It felt so real in my dream" I whispered.

"What dream?"

"I choke her to death, Stiles. And when I woke up, I thought that it was my fault when she died. I could've been there. I could've helped my parents" I cried.

Stiles grabbed my hands and pulled me in his embrace. He wrapped his arms around me, tightly. 

"I don't want to be who I am. I don't want to be a werewolf. It ruins my life. It ruined my parents life and it will ruin mine" I muttered.

"It won't. I'll make sure that your life won't be a disaster. I promise" he promised.

"Don't make promises like that, Stiles" I said, getting out of his embrace. "Not every promise will be unbroken."

Our conversation got interrupt by his phone ringing. He got up and paced to the desk where his phone ringed. "Hey Dad, what's up?" he asked.

"You said I should tell you when something happened. I'm not supposed to tell you this but Mr.Meyers died" his father said.

"He died?" Stiles shouted. 

"He succumbed to his wounds."

"Thank you Dad for telling me" Stiles said before ending the call.

"You were listening, right?" Stiles asked. I nodded.

"We have to tell Scott."

Stiles and I drove to Scott's but he wasn't home yet. So Stiles took the key he made and tried to open the door. „It's locked from the inside" he said. "How are we supposed to get in there now?" he asked. I grinned and jumped up the roof. "Yeah, you know... I can't do that."

"Just climb up here. His window is open" I whispered. "Okay" Stiles groaned.

While Stiles climbed up the porch I sneaked into Scott's room.

"Hey Scott" his mum called. I got behind the door real quick, staying as silent as I could.

"I'm gonna go to ... sleep" she mumbled, realizing that Scott wasn't home yet. I heard her leaving the door and in that moment Stiles got through the window as well. But he got stuck on something and fell onto the bed, making a lot of noises. 

"Quiet" I reminded him and heard Mama McCall coming back. She took the baseball bat next to the door and took a swing. Stiles shouted on top of his lungs, thinking that he was about to get beaten up. Mama McCall did the same, dropping the bat once she realized it was Stiles.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing here?" she screamed.

"What am I doing? God, do you even play baseball?" he shouted.

Suddenly, the lights turned on and Scott was standing in his room next to his mum.

"Seriously?" Mama McCall groaned when she saw me standing next to the door. "Can you please tell your friends to use the front door?"

"But we lock the front door. They wouldn't be able to get in" Scott replied.

"Yeah, exactly. And by the way, do either of you care that there's a police enforced curfew?" she asked.

"No" we all there said at the same time.

"No? All right then. Well, you know what. That's about enough parenting for me for one night, so good night" she said and threw the baseball bat on the bed.

"She probably hates us now" I said but Scott ignored my statement.

"What?" he asked Stiles, while taking a seat on his desk chair. 

"My dad left the hospital fifteen minutes ago. It's the bus driver. They said he succumbed to his wounds" Stiles explained. 

"Succumbed?"

"Scott" I sighed, "He's dead."

"He's what? That must've been Derek! He's so dead!" he overreacted and ran out of his room. "Scott wait!" I shouted and followed him outside the house.

"Get in my car, if the hunters find you, you'll be dead" I reminded him. He nodded and got in my car. Stiles got out the front door and walked over to his jeep. 

"Shall I join you? Or can you handle this on your own?" he asked. 

"It's okay, Stiles" I answered and started the car. "We'll see you tomorrow then."

I raced down the street to Derek's house. Scott was pacing around in his seat. "What's wrong with you? Why do you think that Derek did this?" I asked Scott.

"Are you for real? Who else should've done it? First he wants us to remember it and then he kills the driver. He's insane. We can't trust Derek" he answered.

When we arrived at Derek's, Scott jumped out of the car and ran to the front door, opening it without knocking. "Derek! I know you're here! I know what you did!" Scott said.

"I didn't do anything" Derek answered. I couldn't see him. He should be somewhere upstairs but he was out of sight.

"You killed him!" Scott screamed, taking a step forward. 

"He died" Derek said. I followed Scott who got up the stairs, each of the steps making a noise. "Like your sister died?" Scott provoked. Derek wasn't in sight yet, but his voice was becoming louder "My sister was missing. I came here looking for her."

I kept quiet, not sure about what was happening. "You found her-" Scott started but couldn't finish. "I found her in pieces, being used as bait to catch me" Derek screamed.

I knew that Derek didn't kill her. I freaking knew it. I knew it the whole time. Derek wasn't the bad one, actually. But if he did kill Garrison Meyers, he's obviously not good, neither.

"I think you killed them both. I'm gonna tell everyone-"

"Scott no! This is wrong!" I told him but he ignored me 

"I'm gonna tell everyone, starting with the sheriff."

Scott and I made it up the stairs. A second later Derek appeared behind me. He grabbed my arms and shoved me to the side, giving me a slight push. I fell on my back but it wasn't bad. He then grabbed Scott and pushed him down the stairs. Scott landed on his knees and turned around, showing us his glowing eyes. He growled and stood up, grabbing Derek who just jumped down the stairs and threw him through a wall.

"NO!" I screamed and ran down the stairs, following the two werewolves.

Scott ran away, following Derek who just got up again. "That was cute" he said while taking his jacket off. He took a few steps forward, shifting into a werewolf. Scott's breathing became heavier and faster, just like his heart beat.

"Oh no" I mumbled as I saw Derek's glowing blue eyes.

He's not the alpha. Alpha's have red eyes. Derek got blue eyes. Blue not red. Blue just like mine but what was the meaning behind it? Maybe it was genetic? I couldn't even finish my thoughts, before those two started a massive fight. All the growling and shouting was making me insane and I could feel the anger rising inside of me.

"Don't. Just don't shift" I muttered to myself but I could already feel the heat behind my eyes.

Derek threw Scott in the air. Scott landed on his back but got back up again. Derek took Scott was again and pushed him to me. Scott stumbled backwards and ran into me. I fell on the ground again, feeling the heat inside of me. I got up and leaned myself on the table in front of me. Scott and Derek were watching me. I shot my head up and growled at Derek. Derek jumped on the table and shoved me with his feet away, my back hit another wall. I could feel some bones breaking but they healed quickly.

Scott took a paddle and hit Derek in the face but he just stumbled backwards. Derek snatched Scott's leg and threw him over to me, taking both our necks and lifting us up. He threw us on the ground and hit us both in our faces. I got back up real quick and dig my claws into his stomach, pushing him away. But Derek, being the super strong werewolf he was, grabbed my neck once again and threw me through another wall. I could feel a metal rod piercing through my back. I groaned in pain and fell on the ground.

In the background I heard Derek talking to Scott „I didn't kill him! Neither of us did. It's not your fault and it's not mine!"

"This? This is your fault! You ruined our lives!" Scott shouted.

"No, I didn't!" Derek denied.

"You're the one who bit me!"

"No, I'm not" Derek said.

"What?" Scott asked, clearly confused.

"I'm not the one that bit you" he confessed.

"There's another" Scott mumbled. 

"It's called an alpha. It's the most dangerous of our kind. You, Amber and I, we're betas. This thing is more powerful, more animal than either of us. My sister came here looking for him. Now I'm trying to find him. But I don't think that I can do it without you" Derek explained. 

"Why us?"

"Because he's the one that bit you and Amber. You're part of his pack. It's you. You're the two he wants."

I heard Scott running out and Derek leaving as well. "You better go" he said but I couldn't find him. "But I am-"

"I said you better go!" he screamed.

I stood up, stumbling a few times on my way out. The rod was still sticking out of my back. I could see it coming out of my stomach. I tried to pull it out but it hurt to much.

So it was true. Derek wasn't the alpha. There's another one. Scott didn't believe me. Neither was Stiles. Bad thing about that story is that Derek didn't know who the alpha was. He was also trying to find out who it was, just like us. But I was sure if I found it, I would kill it.

I don't know why I came here or what came into my mind but I stood in front of Stiles' house, holding onto the rod. Stiles opened the door and once he realized I was in pain he pulled me inside. 

„Oh my god, Amber! Are you okay? Ugh... Why am I even asking, you're clearly not. Oh my god. What happened? And why is there blood all over you? Oh my god, I can't look at that" he shrieked. I took my hand away and revealed the rod.

"Oh my god" he mumbled and turned his head away.

"You have to get out of me" I said.

"I can't... I can't see blood" he cried.

"What?" I shouted. "Just do it!"

Stiles grabbed my hand and took me to his room. "Sit" he ordered.

I did so and sat on his bed.

"But please don't bleed on my comforter" he warned me or maybe it was sarcasm. I was still not used to sarcasm. I nodded and saw him disappearing.

He came back with a towel and bandages. He placed them next to me and got on his knees "This is insane."

"Just pull it out!" I screamed in pain.

Stiles eyes widened as he saw the fresh blood and he grabbed the rod. "You can do this" he said to himself and pulled it out. I screamed in pain and pushed my hand against the wound.

"Oh my god! Don't put your hand on there! It will get infected!" He gasped and took one of the towels, pushing it on the wound. I groaned and leaned my head back.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled. "I'm sorry if I hurt you."

"It will heal. It's okay."

Edited 01/24/17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 86K 39
[COMPLETED] ❝ we need someone to replace blake and i think we should give her a chance. ❞ ❝ spence, she's a criminal. ❞ the four horsemen had earned...
491K 8K 111
This is a complete Teen Wolf rewrite of all six seasons written to include my character, Addy McCall. There is also a mini wintertime series taking...
956K 30.2K 37
CAN I TRUST YOU? "Are you sure you're okay? I called, like, twice." "Yeah, I guess I was just off in my own little world." ••• Katherine Stilinski wa...
189K 4.2K 35
"I was brought here because of her, but I stayed because of you." (Book 1) (Season 3A) (Stiles Stilinski x OC) (Teen wolf/Marvel crossover) {Teen W...