The Bridge of Time......Fanta...

By Swati_C

"I was living in Year 1895 until something tragic happened and I fell in year 2018. I found myself laying on... More

Year 1895
Duke
Wilower
World Outside the window
Survive or decease?
Fitting in like a puzzel piece
Stay with me
In form of stars
Hide
Beginning of Drama part 1
Beginning of Drama part 2
Goddess
Affection

Illusion or Reality?

80 4 0
By Swati_C

"Nurse, hand me scissors fast!"
"Yes doctor, here it is."
"He is loosing too much blood we have to perform surgery, ASAP!"
"I will make the arrangements doctor."
The nurse runs toward the ICU.
"Doctor Emily! Doctor John has called you for emergency surgery." She speaks while catching her breath.
"Don't worry nurse Sia, I will help doc John you go help other nurses to make arrangements for surgery." She said reassuring nurse Sia.
Doctor Emily enters the room.
"Doctor John, we have to sift the patient in the operation room."
"Yes doctor Emily!, nurse help us to shift the patient,"

"Doctor John, what's the report so far?." Doctor Emily asked while checking the patient.

"Doctor Emily, the patient suffered from an injury on the head and there are multiple wounds on the body including some minor burns. The patient also lost too much blood because of the deep cut on the skin..maybe stabbed by a sharp weapon. " Doctor John replied.
"Looks like someone really wanted to kill him."
"Yeah looks like it," John replied with a serious tone.
"And I also heard that some people found on the side of road at night?" Emily asked.
"Yeah, he was laying there until some bunch of college students found him on their way to their dorm." John sighed.

After 4 hours of surgery........

"Doctor John how's is the patient?
"Officer Luke, the patient's health is stable now. The surgery went well." He said while shuffling some papers in is hand.
"Is this possible that I can meet the patient and get information about the incident?" Officer Luke asked.
"I am afraid that that's not possible now but we will inform you as the patient feel better." Doctor John replied.
"No problem doctor, I understand." Officer Luke said and he left.

After two days...
I woke up and I couldn't believe my eyes. I was covered in some strange cloth straps kind of like bandages we have in our country. There were tubes in nose and needles stung in my vein of my hand. My gaze traveled across the room, it was very bright and there some strange beeping sound coming from strange-looking types of equipment near the bed. I didn't recognize anything...I didn't how I end up here.

" Hello?....is there anybody who can help me," I called as I was struggling to sit on the bed.

Door opened and a lady walked toward each
, she was wearing a white coat and a brown skirt barely covering her knees..it made me bit uncomfortable.women in my country Never wear clothes like this woman was wearing.

"Sir, you shouldn't be sitting, please lay down."
She insisted.

"I am fine my lady," I said. She looked at me with surprised.

"My name is Doctor Emily Stevenson. I am here for your routine check-up."

I didn't understand what she meant by routine "checkup."
She took some needle and sting in a Small glass bottle and then injected that liquid substance in my arm.
"Whoa! What's that?!"

"It's an injection. It will help you to relieve your pain." She replied.
She collected some papers and started to leave but suddenly stopped.
"Oh and also officer Luke will be here today for his investigation." She said and left the door ajar.

After a few hours, a man entered in the room.

"Hello there, I am police officer Luke, here to investigate your case. But before we start to tell me about yourself like your name," he said while he sat on a chair next to my bed.

"My name is Duke William Lockwood, sir." I replied.
"Duke? Huh!.." he chuckled.
"Yes sir."
So "Duke" can you tell me how you got injured?"
I told him everything about the attack, how we were inside the palace when massive blast happen on the tomb of the place and lastly how ended up in the serine river. After that I didn't remember.

He looked at for whole minute and said " whoa! So you are saying that you were attacked by some rebellions and you are duke of a dukedom called Valtoria, this is insane!" He shakes his head.
"I know you have gone through a lot and I think you need rest and treatment. Until you get fully recover,I can't investigate your case based on the information you have given" He stood up and left the room slum the door behind him.

I sat there for hours and hours staring at tubes and equipments in the room. Eventually, I fell asleep.

It's have been almost 2 fortnights since I found myself in this room. They came in my room only for my "routine check-ups" and during meal times, to deliver food.
I haven't been outside since the last time i remember. I miss the sun on my skin and worried about my people.
I don't know where am I.
"Whenever I ask about when I will be free to leave.?" They say that my mental health is not stable yet. But I feel fine. These people are foolish. If they wouldn't allow me, then I will find my own way!
The next morning I woke up the same people came in with the same routine. In the afternoon I made my way to outside the room and sneaked through the door quietly. I took some papers from the desk and hid my face as I was making my through the hallways.

"Where is exit in this building?" I mumbled to myself. What are these people wearing and what is that man talking on a rectangular tile?!"

Suddenly stumbled upon someone " I am sorry, ma'am." As I helped her, I looked at her for a moment,she was wearing red flower dress and a blue coat. Her skin tone is fair, her hair color is brown, long and wavy. And her eyes, her eyes are hazel brown.

"Watch where you go!" She said while she picked a bunch of paper from the ground.
"I am really sorry." I kneeled down and helped her.
From my behind 2 people came, "What were you thinking, you are going?" They grabbed my arm while I struggled to run. Somewhere from my behind, someone stabbed me with a needle and I passed out.
I woke up under very bright lights almost blinding me.
"Doctor he's gaining his conscious."

"So Mr.William Lockwood can you explain your behavior earlier!" doctor Emily Said, glaring at me.

I didn't say anything.

"I hope this doesn't happen again." She said in,  serious voice.
"Anyway, meet Ms. Ella Heartily," Emily said introducing the same woman whom I stumbled on, in the hall.
"She is going to ask you some question make sure that you answer them all correctly." She continued.

"Hello," Ella greeted with a warm smile.
"So can you tell me about yourself?" She asked looking through some paper in her hand.

"I am William Lockwood son of Charles Lockwood and Regina Lockwood, Duke of Valtoria. I was born in 1871 on 23 June and I am 24 years old. I have younger a brother, his name is josh, Lockwood. My mother died during giving birth to my brother. So I live with my brother and father." I replied.
She looked at me for a moment and scribbled something on a paper.

"William how long you have been thinking that you're born in 1871 and you're living in Valtoria in the year 1895?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"I...what do you mean by that?" I asked in confusion.

"Do you know what year is this and today's date?" She asked tucking her hair behind her ear.

"This is 1895 15 December," I replied.

"Mr. William,I am afraid that you are wrong, it is not 1895 15 December, the correct date is 2018 5 Sep." She replied with tension and seriousness in her voice.

"Okay, Mr. William last question of the day? what do you think about your injuries and wounds, and how you got hurt?" She asked in a hurry.

I looked at her then answered " These burns on my left hand are because of great explosion In the palace. Luckily I got manage to get out safely with my brother and lady Kayla.
And these wounds happened during fighting the rebellion." I answered.

"The wounds on your body has healed mostly, how about I take you outside so I can know more about you."

Going out is one of the things I need right now.
"Yes, of course, I would love to go out," I said cheerfully.

"Perfect, then I will see you tomorrow and yeah do you have casual clothes to wear?" She looks at me and shakes her head. "I am assuming that you don't have any clothes of your own?" She asked.

"Do not worry about that I will some bring some clothes for you?" She said while she closed the door behind.

After she left I thought what she said earlier "it is 2018 5 Sep." Is this true did I really traveled through time and now I am in the future? Is this even a reality or just illusion, whatever this is;
I don't want this. I can't stay here my family needs me, my people need their duke.
I know josh will handle everything but I still have to be there for my country.

In Doctor Emily's office.......
"Doc Emily I think he suffering from brain injury. As doc John mentioned that he has some injuries on his head. What if there is some internal injury?" Ella said reading some papers.

"I know Ella what you saying could be possible but his reports don't show anything. But maybe he suffered trauma, by which he is saying those things." Emily replied.

"I suppose you are right. ....Anyway, I am here to ask if I can take him out tomorrow." Ella asked while tucking some papers in her bag.

"Yes, you can dear," Emily replied.

"Alright I will see you tomorrow," Ella said while she carried her purse on her shoulder.

"Ella, dear wait.... are you coming for dinner with us?" She asked hesitantly.

"No, Aunt Emily. You know that dad never appreciates my presence and if does he....he always try to set me up with his business partner's son Derek. Do you remember?...Last month on my 22 birthday he didn't show up I waited for him the whole night and he didn't even call...heck! He didn't even leave a text for me." Ella wiped her tears with tissues.

"I am sorry darling." Emily Hugged Ella.

"Aunt this should be last time we are discussing it here at workplace." Ella said.
"Of course dear." Emily caresses Ella's shoulder.

"I must go now I will see you tomorrow aunt." Ella leaves in a hurry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 1.2K 14
[NOW TRADITIONALLY PUBLISHED WORLDWIDE] "A life of happiness would be hell on earth." • When Grace finally decided to end her life, the last thing sh...
84.7K 760 10
[Watty's Shortlist & WATTPAD PICKS -- Up and Coming List 06.07.2018] Now Available on Amazon!!! His hands moved down to cradle her neck. "I only hav...
81.7K 4.4K 71
Anthony Lockwood. I gave myself to him 6 years ago, I thought we would be together forever. Things happened. We had to end our relationship. 6 year...
39.1K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...