Back to the Start(nalu)

By shmmmmm

After a terrible accident leading to the death of someone he couldn't imagine losing, Natsu somehow wakes up... More

1- Prologue
2- The Broken Promise
3- Aftermath
4- Unwanted Visitors
5- Too Soon
6- Games of Grief
7- What Matters Now
8- Coincidence or Fate
9- Dream Guild
10- Eyes Open
11- Wake Up Call
12- Answered Pleas
13- Gratitude
14- Loneliness and Hope
15- The Cause
16- New Path
17- No Motivation
18- Return
20- No Distractions
21- On Her Own
22- Luck
23- Sleepover
24- Crushed Dreams
25- Separated
26- How Things Changed
27- Everything's Fine
28- Lonely
29- Newfound Hope
30- Dark Guild
31- Just a Toy
32- Learn Something
33- A Stranger
34- Her Past 3 Years
35- Past Resurfacing
36- Threat
37- Weakness
38- Special

19- Strongest Team?

1.3K 56 6
By shmmmmm

"You want me to go with you and Natsu?"

Gray drawls out the words and I can see Erza's forceful side threatening to come out. I roll my eyes and move my attention away, knowing that he'll eventually relent.

"Natsu?"

My eyes move to the side where Mira stands.

"Yeah?"

She smiles softly.

"I know that you and Gray don't get along very well, but please try to. You three could be a great team if you all could work together."

I internally scoff.

I'm the last person she should be telling this to. No way I'd be listening to her if it was really me from three years ago. I can't believe she's even trying knowing what I'm like.

Lucy's the only one that could manage that. I was too immature to take care of myself and get along with others. Luckily for everyone, they don't have to deal with that anymore.

I nod my head stiffly.

"Don't worry. I won't cause any trouble."

Her smile drops and her eyes lose their sweet, calm look. She looks at me with surprise, obviously not expecting that reaction.

After of few moments I see realization flash in her eyes as she becomes aware of her silence and she puts a smile back on her face and nods.

"I'm glad. Now be careful."

I nod my head and turn back towards Erza and Gray.

Gray has his arms crossed and a pout on his face but I can tell he's given in.

"Alright, meet me at the station in an hour."

Gray groans and I walk off away from them to find Happy before we head to the station.

Just like old times...

I try to lighten my mood but fail and end up frowning.

Not really.
-
-
-
Awkward.

It's so awkward.

We all met at the station and exchanged a few words before getting on the train and to our seats. Now we all sit silently while waiting for the train to start moving.

It wouldn't normally bother me but I've been more aware of what's happening around me lately. I've already thought through the mission and what the plan will be. Since I know what will happen it's pretty easy.

Eragor plans to go to the train station and broadcast Lullaby so that people all around will hear it and suffer its effects. Last time we got trapped there and Lucy managed to get us out, but we won't be able to rely on her this time.

The train pulls out of the station and my stomach stirs. I put my hand on my stomach and look out the window to try to distract myself from the motion sickness.

"Geez, Natsu, you really are pathetic."

I glare out the window and ignore Gray, who eyes me with disgust from the seat across from me.

"Why don't you sit next to me, Natsu?"

Erza pipes up from next to Gray and he looks at her shocked. I look at her confused for a moment before I make the connection in my mind.

My eyes widen and I shake my head before sitting up as much as I can.

"N-no. I'm fine."

She's not about to knock me out. Not this time.

A silence settles over all of us and I look back out the window.

They all forgot me on the train because I was knocked out and I ran into Kageyama and Lullaby. They got away because I didn't know they were important because I didn't know how to out two and two together. This time, though, we're all staying on the train and stopping it before it starts. Kageyama won't know what's coming when he decides to pick a fight with all of us.

"Natsu?"

I glance over and Erza stares at me.

"Since you're not too sick, I should probably go ahead and explain everything."

I nod my head and direct my attention at her, even though I already know everything that will go down.

When we get to the station I just need to keep everyone from getting off. Then we'll run into Kageyama soon after and get a hold of Lullaby and job over.

Piece of cake.
-
-
-
"Natsu I told you, this is where we need to get off."

Uh oh.

Erza says it sternly and I can tell her patience is running dry.

I stand defensively in the aisle, Erza, Happy and Gray standing in front of me, unable to get off because I'm in the way. Gray looks halfway between irritated and bored behind Erza, who looks ready to slap me. Happy just looks at me like I'm a dead man walking from standing in Erza's way.

"I know. I know...but when you were telling us about it it seemed familiar and I have a feeling that we'll find them at the next station."

She crosses her arms and glares at me.

"This is no time for jokes, Natsu. This is a serious matter."

I shake my head and wave my hands in front of me.

This is harder than I thought.

"I know it's not. It's serious. I know that. You've got to trust me, okay? I swear I'm not messing around this time."

She raises an eyebrow and eyes me curiously. Gray just watches from next to her with boredom.

"Why don't we just leave him? He can go his route and find nothing while we go stop them."

Erza sends a glare at Gray's direction and he smiles nervously, his hand going to rub the back of his neck.

"Or not."

She slowly looks back to me and I can tell she's getting ready to force me off.

I take a step back in the aisle and she takes a slow one forward.

"Look, Erza, please. I swear to you that we need to stay on the train. I wouldn't waste your time like this."

Gray rolls his eyes and leans against one of the seats.

"Yeah right."

I have to strain to keep from snapping at him. Instead I send a quick glare his way before looking back to Erza.

"You asked me to go with you because you trusted me, not just because of my strength. You wanted my help and I'm trying to help. You just need to let me."

She doesn't say anything and eyes me closely, analyzing.

I gulp nervously.

This shouldn't be this hard. Why won't she just trust me?

I grow anxious as the silence continues but she finally sighs in defeat.

"Fine."

Gray stands up and looks at her surprised.

"What?!"

She walks out of the aisle and sits back in her seat.

"We'll go to the next station and try there. If we don't find anything, though, you are going to have me to deal with, Natsu."

I nod my head and sit back in my seat. Happy sits beside me and leans over to whisper in my ear.

"I can't believe you're still alive."

I roll my eyes and lightly bump my shoulder into him causing him to snicker.

I rest my head in my hand and attempt to zone everything out for the time being.

About ten minutes after the train had started moving again it starts to slow down again at the next station. I watch out the window as the scenery starts to still as the train stops.

Erza coughs to get my attention.

"So what do you suppose we do now, Natsu?"

Her voice still holds its authority but it's also laced with sarcasm.

"Just wait a moment."

Gray groans and I start to glare at him when my eyes catch something behind him entering through the doors.

Kageyama.

And with him will be Lullaby.

I lean back into the seat and lean my head against the window. Footsteps make their way towards us.

"Well well well."

I see recognition flash in Erza's eyes when she looks over at him.

"Look at what we have here...some Fairy Tail wizards."

Kageyama's voice leaks cockiness, but he doesn't even realize who he's dealing with.

Erza stands up, a sword materializing into her hand.

Poor guy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 310 12
Natsu and Lucy are in love with each other, but fail to realize their feelings. This all changes when one of the best friends, Lucy, has a dream. The...
257K 6K 24
Natsu & Lucy are happily married having a great life. While Natsu is away on a job with Erza and Gray Wendy and Lucy find out a big surprise, Lucy's...
986 24 10
"He was injured severely, but we're confident he'll recover," The doctor told her and she let out a sigh of relief. Her precious Gray would be alrigh...
1.4K 98 11
kicked out of her own home at thirteen, lucy meets an unforgettable salmon haired boy. until she's kidnapped and disappears for three years.