soulmate || jjk

By taejinscafe

jungkook was mesmerised from that moment in the dance studio, lights making her deep green earthy eyes glint... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
author's note
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

13

340 15 20
By taejinscafe

HAPPY HOBI MONTH !!! 🌟

-
One package of cheetos, one tub of ice cream, one bar of chocolate? I paused. Make that two bars of chocolate. I chucked the bar into my shopping basket.
I stood waiting in the queue to pay for my shopping as  my eyes laid on the Valentine's Day area of the supermarket. Pink hearts and cards with lovey dovey messages glazing away, as if they were expecting me to be the next buyer. I scoffed before heaving my basket onto the conveyor belt, and being served next. With shopping bags in my hands and the receipt currently hanging from my mouth I made my way down towards the subway.

Stepping onto the subway, I moved myself to the corner seat before checking the receipt. Overcharged. Great. Sighing I stuffed the receipt into my jean pocket before my eyes took a second glance over at the other side of the train. Alex. He was sat with headphones in, looking down at his phone, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. That trait about him always made me laugh, his adorable side taking over. I smiled before averting my gaze, thinking about how I would get up and off the subway without tripping over someone on the way out.

The doors slid open as I stood up, racing towards the doors whilst ensuring my feet stayed clear of any obstacles. Just as I stepped out the subway and made my way not even a metre away from it, my bags spilt open, the contents slamming against the floor. I groaned before attempting to pick up the contents and hold them all in my arms. I reached to grab for the Cheetos before a hand picked them up for me.

"Thank you...those flimsy bags are awful..." my words got stuck in my throat as my eyes connected with Alex's once again, his hand in mid passing to hand me the Cheetos.

"Astra..." he spoke, quickly shoving the packet in my direction before shoving his hands into his coat pocket "it's been a while"

"Um yeah it has" I gathered my words together, all stumbling out at once in a quick manner. I hugged the packet closer to my chest before tipping my head slightly "thanks"

I turned away, my feet carrying me in the direction of the steps to get back up to higher ground.

"Astra" his voice stopped me in my tracks, my trainers creasing as I turned around to look at him.

"Yes?"

"You look really good" he smiled, as I scrunched my nose, the sudden compliment making me feel shy.

"Thank you, I can say the same to you" I said, before waving slightly and making my way up the steps.
-

"Good morning lovely lady" Rita harped as she walked into my office balancing two takeaway coffees and a packet in her hands "absolutely freezing out there" she took off her winter hat shoving it into her pocket.

"Mmm" I replied, proceeding to look at my laptop screen, focused on the images that were going to be used to advertise the new Chanel perfume.

"What's up with you?" she said placing the coffees and packets onto the table and unwrapping the scarf from around her neck.

"Nothing" I smiled "thank you" I nodded at the coffee before taking a sip, the liquid warming up my throat.

"Tell me" she placed herself down staring intently at me as I tried to avoid her gaze "Astra..."

"I saw Alex okay, and I don't know how to feel about it" I shrugged crossing my arms and leaning back into the chair

"And this is a problem because?"

"Because I still have feelings for him Rita, and I know that sounds absolutely crazy but I do" I mumbled before shoving the coffee aside and staring back at the laptop screen.

"I'll leave you be" she tapped the desk before handing me the packet, the smell of a sweet Baklava hitting my nose "here, I know you love them"

"Thanks" I smiled weakly as she walked outside the office, shutting the door quietly behind her.

I huffed before peeking into the bag, pulling out the Baklava, the sticky honey coming off the filo pastry and sticking onto my hands. I pulled the pastry out before finding a piece of paper attached to the bottom of it, picking it off and laying it down on the table.

One date. That's all. Jk.

I looked up through the glass doors of my office, Rita giving me a quick wink before focusing back on her work. I giggled, shaking my head, before popping the Baklava on my tongue and chewing. I picked up the paper again before reading the message in my head over and over again. Jungkook wanting a date? I frowned, thinking what were the possible outcomes and thought process behind this. One, he decides to kiss me again, two, he gives me mixed signals of wanting a relationship and attempts to push me away, three, he stands me up, and four, I could get Jungkook back in my life. I sighed, scrunching up the paper and chucking it in the nearby bin. I would go with two, but he won't push me away. I will just make the date with worth his while. But in the worst way possible. Rita once again looked over at me before mouthing 'yes? it's a yes?'. I nodded putting my thumbs up.
Little did Astra know, Rita and Jungkook had a whole other plan. This would make the date the worst possible date combined with both Jungkook's and Astra's ideas.
-

Valentine's Day. The day of love. The day where either you were showered with love from your significant other, or you cried yourself to sleep and watched corny movies that we all secretly loved.

I pulled my hair back into a ponytail before shoving in my headphones, stepping into my trainers and shutting the door behind me. Day 51 of jogging and releasing stress, since Christmas. I started off on a jog before approaching the same park I ran through everyday. This time was different though. I ran through the park instead of sitting down. My pace stopped as I saw a little girl with pieces of red paper in her hands, looking over at me. I slowed and approached her.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" She smiled up at me handing a heart shaped piece of paper that was coloured with pens.

"Thank you" I smiled taking the heart from her hand "and Happy Valentine's Day to you also!" she smiled up at me.

"You're really pretty!" She said, as I knelt down to her level.

"Hardly" I laughed before I noticed the clips in her hair, small pink flowers sat on her golden blonde locks "Your clips are gorgeous"

"Oh my mummy got them for me" she gleamed proudly at me "she's sat over there" I looked in the direction she was pointing in before giving the lady pre occupied by her other child a wave back.

"Do you have a Valentine's?" she tipped her head to one side

"Oh no not me" I shook my head

"How come?"

"I haven't fallen in love"

"Neither" she shrugged, a small laugh escaping her lips

"You will" I smiled as she gazed up at me.

"Really?"

"Definitely! You're the prettiest girl I have ever met" I said before standing up "and thank you for the heart, I'll keep it safe"

"That's okay" she giggled "bye" she waved as she skipped off in the direction of her mum.

I smiled before putting my headphones back in and running back home.

I showered vigorously as I got home, quickly drying my hair. I looked over at the pink heart piece of paper sat next to my bed before smiling. The words of the young girl echoing in my head. My phone rang and buzzed besides me. In coming call from Rita. I pressed accept as the screen opened up to her waiting on the other end.

"Okay, what are you wearing?" She was lying on her bed, her feet swaying in the background as she eagerly looked at me,

I turned the camera round to face my door where the outfit sat ready to go "this" I pointed at it as her face curled up in disgust

"THAT?" She screamed "oh no no" she shook her head "Jin does this look like a reasonable outfit to wear on a date"

The camera panned around to Jin who was sat on the bed also, his attention diverting from his phone to the screen where I waited on the other end.

"Mmm...maybe? Depends what the date is"

"I think it's fine" I smirked, turning the camera back around to my face as Rita rolled her eyes "are you doing this on purpose?"

"What no!!" I laughed "I don't want him getting the wrong idea, it's a friendly date okay?"

"Tsk okay Astra whatever you want to call it" she sighed, resting her head on the palm of her hand "you have to ring me straight after" she smiled, squealing slightly.

"Nothings going to happen" I tutted, before standing up to grab my makeup bag "besides, it wasn't that long ago he didn't want to know me"

"People change" she smiled

"Do you know something?" I raised my eyebrow suspiciously, my gut feeling telling me that Rita had something to do with it.

"What no?!" She exclaimed "anyways, have fun! And don't do anything stupid"

"Okay...mother" I emphasised the 'mother' before we both giggled.

Shortly after hanging up the phone, I tilted my head to one side, staring at the outfit. It was fine. I'm sure it would be fine. First dates you weren't meant to go all out if you were not technically on speaking terms?
It hit 6pm, the sound of the door bell rang through the house as I pulled on my converse boots. I took one last look in the mirror at the argyle blue and cream sweater that was worn with black mom jeans. The jeans cutting off just before the heel of the shoe. I curled strands of my hair and put it back with a clip and lastly added gold hoop earrings. I checked the necklace with the gold pendant around my neck and smiled. I know most common Valentine's outfits were dresses, but I couldn't trust Jungkook as far as I could throw him with his date ideas.

"Astra!" My mum shouted at the stairs as I yelled a quick 'coming', applying lip gloss to my lips and pulling a bag over my shoulder.

I skipped down the stairs as I found Jungkook handing my mum a bouquet of flowers. I gave him a quick look up and down, looking at the oversized white jumper and casual plaid joggers, and his white stained trainers. I squinted my eyes at him as he smirked, both our intentions of the date being on the same level.

"No flowers for me then?" I teased before reaching the bottom step, as my mum gushed at the flowers in front of her.

"You don't like flowers" he responded "I have something better don't worry"

"Oh I wasn't worrying" I mumbled "I'll be back before 11" I kissed my mums cheek as she gave me a smile.

"We will see" she teased

"Trust me, I will" I gave her a knowingly look as Jungkook sighed, opening the door as I stepped into the cold air.

Little did Astra know she may just get caught in the moment on her very first date with Jungkook.

-

Rita POV:

"What do you think of my cooking skills then?" Jin leaned on the counter of the kitchen as I bit into a piece of steak.

"Not as good as Astra's cooking" I shook my head in disappointment teasingly, failing to prevent myself from smiling,

"Hey!" He whacked me with the dish cloth he had in his hand, before he grabbed his plate and placed himself next to me.

"It's perfect!" I smiled at him, as he looked at me, satisfaction hitting his face.

"I was wondering, why and what did you plan for that date? You know, for Astra and Jungkook?"

"One, that's for him to tell her and for her to find out, and two, they are meant for each other. She hasn't met anyone that comes even close to him, trust me"

"Jungkook really does like her a lot, I could put it as far as love but time will tell!" He shrugged, cutting the steak on his plate and resting his knife asides.

"Really?" I asked in shock "I mean I know he misses her but love?"

"I said time would tell" he tapped my nose as I smiled gapingly at him.

"You think they like each other as much as perhaps we do?" I asked leaning my head against his shoulder.

"No, we like each other that tad bit more" he said kissing the side of my cheek

"You missed" I sat upright, smiling at him.

He laughed, before plating a small kiss on my lips "is that better?

"Much" I replied before scooping up the last of the meal into my mouth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 101K 20
"you certainly do make me feel pretty." (TRIGGER WARNING - eating disorder, self-harm.)
519 11 15
"look in my eyes" he said while getting closer to me. His eyes are something which make me crzay for him.
256 46 14
⇝ Her heart chased after him as my eyes were only on her. Her mind was filled with thoughts about him as I was suffering just watching her. ⇜
475 3 26
"Im Jae Mi, I'm Jae Mi, I'm Fun, get it?" She winked at Jungkook. "You're so cheesy!" Jungkook shook his head. "I know, right?" She grinned.