Sonic X: The Return Saga

By gwencarson126

It has been more than a year since Chris was sent home and the Meterax defeated. Life on Mobius has been peac... More

Prologue

Chapter 1 Start of the Day

80 2 0
By gwencarson126

This scene was inspired as I was listening to Sonic Drive, the theme song for the opening ofSonic X in Japanese dub. Imagery is an important aspect in writing, especially whencreating a good story. When creating this scene, I almost imagined this was the openingscreen for a Sonic X movie. Check the song out with this scene. If it doesn't work for youtry Escape from the City, another Sonic song.

Normal POV

Many do not know this, but in a parallel part of the universe, there is a planet similar to Earth. This is planet is known as Mobius. The planet is very similar in structure. The oceans cover most of the planet like Earth, so wide and blue, the deserts scorched with heat and sand and valleys of greens lay besides majestic mountains.

On this particular day, the sky is clear, with a few clouds floating by and the sun shining bright. It was a perfect day for a run, especially for a certain individual. Standing on top of a mountain, stretching his legs, was a blue hedgehog. Blue fur covered most of his body. He has six head quills, two spines on his back and a short blue tail. The skin that covered his arms, belly and muzzle was tan and he wore a pair of white gloves. He was also wearing his signature red sneakers with a white straps and a gold buckle on the side. With his facing the sky, he breathed in the fresh air as the wind blew through his dark blue quills.

From his vantage point, he looked around at the island he was currently on and spotted a blue plane, with a figure waving at him. He smiled.

"Time to get moving." He jumped off the edge and started running.

(Opening Song Sonic Drive/ Escape from the City)

Using his increased momentum, he dashed back and forth, avoiding the rocks, boulders and other obstacles in his way. He was speeding off the mountain into a large cluster of trees, where he jumped and grabbed a vine, swinging through the trees and landed on a branch, but he didn't stop there. He leaped from one branch to another like a ninja, becoming a blue blur as he moved faster and faster. As soon as he saw the clearing, he landed back on the ground, and continued to run.

Who is he?

His name is Sonic the Hedgehog.

The engine of a plane came roaring near where Sonic was. It was a blue airplane, with the word TORNADO II on one side, SONIC on the other and a sticker of two yellow tails on the tail. Piloting the aircraft was a yellow furred fox and Sonic's best friend and adopted brother, Miles Prowler. Of course, he never liked that name, so he is known Tails, acknowledging his twin tails, which he uses to fly around like helicopter propellers.

Today, Sonic and Tails were exploring the nearby islands. Tails was soaring in his plane while Sonic was speeding through the hills and fields of one of the islands. Sonic kept on running, practicing his spin attacking and quick dashes along the path, until he was nearing a cliff, at the edge of the island. Performing an air blast, he took a huge leap off the edge, performing a spin in the air and landed on the wing of the plane.

"That's a 10 pointer, Sonic" said Tails as he gave his best friend a thumbs up. Sonic gave Tails one too and then turned towards the horizon.

"Man, there is nothing like a good run around a couple of islands to make the day worthwhile. All we are missing is a couple of robots to smash and an evil plot to foul."

"Come on, Sonic. Don't jinx it." Tails said as he flew his plane over the ocean. A few dolphins were swimming by.

"I enjoy robot smashing as much as the next guy, but this is the longest period of time Eggman hasn't tried to kill us or take over the world. We should at least enjoy it and relax while we can."

"Relax? You got to be kidding me. I have been relaxing for two whole months. Besides, you and I both know that whenever Eggman steps out of the grid, he comes back with a bigger and badder plan. Must I remind you the time he released Chaos and nearly flooded the whole city."

"I know, Sonic. I know."

"Besides, it's not that I want Eggman to attack, I just need to have some excitement right now" said Sonic as he sat down on the wing with his arms crossed and feeling impatient. At that moment, a whale rose from the ocean and sprayed a huge amount of water out of its blowhole into the air. Unfortunately, some of the water landed on Sonic. He was soaked.

"Gah, I hate getting wet!" Sonic exclaimed as he jumped up in anger and annoyance. Tails was laughing at the scene.

"Hahaha. Looks like you got your excitement for today. Hahaha." Sonic glared at Tails, but it eventually faded into a smile. He could never be mad at his little brother. And he had to admit, it was pretty funny, even if he was wet. Sonic quickly shook the water off his quills, some of the droplets landed on Tails.

"Hey, watch it. Haha."

Sonic just smiled. Tails then checked his watch.

"Well, we better get going" Tails said. "I want to get my equipment ready for tonight."

"What's happening tonight?" Sonic asked.

"It's the first night of Universal Dual Convergence." Tails explained.

"The what of who?" said Sonic with a confused look on his face.

"The Universal Dual Convergence. I mentioned this before. It only happens once every few millenniums. The convergence consists on all of the planets in our solar system aligning perfectly. It supposed to be a once in lifetime time cosmic event."

"Whoa, I have to admit that is pretty cool. So all of the planets line up and even out."

"Exactly. Usually, two or three planets align once in a while. Another form of planetary alignment is the Harmonic Convergence, but it only occurs once. During this phenomenon however, the planets will line up twice in the same month. The first convergence will occur tonight and the second will be at the end of the month. As a rooky in astronomy, I don't plan to mess it. It's once in a lifetime."

Sonic smiled and looked up at the sky. It has been a while since his little venture into space. He has faced so many out of this world challenges, from battling a giant Bio Lizard at Colony Ark (Sonic X: 2nd Season), the Meterax army (Sonic X: 3rd Season) and saving aliens from an interstellar amusement parks (Sonic Colors).

"A once in a lifetime event. Well, life is always full of surprises and we can't waste a single moment. Come on, Tails. Time to head home. I'll even prepare some chili dogs for this special occasion."

"Sonic, you'll make chili dogs even when it isn't a special occasion."

"So. There will always be a good reason to have a chili dog and you know it."

Tails just smiled and shook his head. He looked over his scanner and once he detected a warp zone, he flew the plane through the portal.

A few seconds later, they soared out of the wormhole and were no longer over the ocean. There were fields of green grass and forests, with a couple of small houses on the side. On top of a certain hill, laid a small two stored house, painted yellow and blue, with a shed like structure next to it and an airstrip. On top of the shed were the words Tail's Workshop. In the distance, they could see a floating island, overlooking the land. They had just arrived on South Island.

Everything seems peaceful, but all of that is about to change. Don't worry everyone. The action fight signs will start very soon. It is going to be epic. The Universal Dual Convergence is my cosmic phenomenon creation. But the Harmonic Convergence is real. Sonic belongs to SEGA.Tune in next time for another instalment of Sonic X: The Return SagaAnd remember to comment. I want to hear your side of the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 3.2K 92
What if it wasn't Japan that teleported to another world, but the superpower country on Earth, America's Cold War rival that in our OTL is collapsed...
26.7K 1K 17
What if Satoru Gojo had a younger brother? Let's find out.
26.3K 5.2K 32
سالی دوای ئەوەی هەلی دووەمی پێدەدرێت و دەگەڕێتەوە ژیان بڕیاردەدات هەرگیز نەکەوێتەوە خۆشەویستی تایهیۆنگەوە ،..سەرکەوێت بەسەر ئەوکەسانەی ئازاریان داوە...
8.3K 452 37
Liz is an unclaimed kid with no family and no idea of who she is. Her only home is Camp Half-Blood When Camp is at risk of being in the middle of a w...