A Life I Could Never Dreamed...

By himani1411

Mahabharata. A tale of victory of Justice over injustice. A tale of sacrifices. A tale of diplomacy. The tale... More

something about me
Surprise gift. but for whom?
meddling with time?
A special chapter
An official meeting
meetings the pandavas
what's right thing to do?
A little talk
its been days...
Gouri pujan
the ratings
the incrwonation
leaving Hastinapur...
hell broke loose..
the ratings
journey to Dwarka..
Reunion with Kahna
Journey continues
who am i?
Truths
different direction
ranking
where is Adrika?
New Avatar
New place dynamics
author's note...
Adrika
The Strategist Role
the talk
A Chalenge
Here It Is..
Return to the time line...
some confusion
Major heart break
Fall out
It's becoming complicated.
Big Dissions
Journey to Hasthinapur once again
A Time Changing Friendship
Business deal
Truth
His for ever
Khandavprasth
Indraprastha
Changes
Parth
Parth 2
A problem
A marriage or a conflict
Marriage of the century
The happy days
Time takes turns
World fall apart
The next generation
The city of Seasons
Days in Island
The meet alash
Father
Family and moments
The things needed to sort
War of words
Alliances
War
The Falen Warriors
Vishma vadh
Chakravyuh
let's have some fun
Beginning of the end
The Ultimate Sacrifice
Thank you
Letters
the sequel
Announcement
Announcement 2

expecting the unexpected

5.7K 206 18
By himani1411

We reached the palace where Mata kunti ordered Prince Nakul and sahadev to treat my wounds when she and subhadra went to make me something to eat. Even if subhadra knew nothing about my food preferences she liked to have a say as she was my sister and here no one knew her jiji better than her. For some reason Arjun took his elder brothers away with him, leaving me with a very panicked Nakul and sahadev who had a smile playing on his face. He then handed Nakul the medicinal paste and said
"Bhrata Nakul you start treating Adrika's wounds, I'm going to make her a energy drink. She looked exhausted."

With that he bowed to me and left. We both looked at each other for a brief moment before he motioned me to sit on a place near window for better light of course. He sat in front of me and asked for my wounded hand. He examined them.

"They are small but as opened for quite a time it's can be dangerous. Are all the wounds are visible right now or there are more?" He asked.
I nodded and turn around to show him a major cut on my back. Which was started from the back of my neck and runs towards my right shoulder.

"It's big and there must be so much blood loss due to this." He said.

" It had yes. But as I said I didn't had time for that." I said and turned.

He looked at me confused and then started cleaning the dried blood around the wound.

"Thank God you were not wearing any jewellery. It could have worsen the situation." He said.

"I'm not a big fan of jewellery, and it's comes in the way while fighting." I said.

"You are one strange princess."

"I agree, but you know what was strange, everyone left us alone. Maa and subhadra's reasons are obvious but your brothers? Any idea?"

"Just some brotherhood mischief. I'm sorry though you have to be in this situation."

"No no. No need to apologize prince, it's lovely to have a conversation with you. So tell me do you have a second opinion on my sword?"

"Yes. I'm sorry for that as well, that was very rude of me to just deny to accept the sword, when it was a gift. And I also questioned your gift."

"I agree you shouldn't have deny the gift, that was little judgemental. But Asking questions are not bad. Answers can only be found if the questions are asked."

He smiled. He already treated all wounds except the one on back of my neck

"Umm.. now."

I understood and turned around. I felt him sat closer as it gave me a chill. He carefully took my hair to one side. And started cleaning the wound. I felt my face heat up. No one specifically a guy ever touched me like that. I was trying to be focused but couldn't help my blush. Thank goodness I wasn't facing him.

"Blood stained that picture of peacock feather I'm afraid it's going to wipe out." He said.

"No it won't. Don't worry."

"Itni sundar Chitra wo vi chita main. Pehle nai dekhi kavi."
(Such a beautiful picture as a chita. Never seen before)
I chuckled.

"Um.. Rajkumari"

"Adrika" I said sternly.

"Adrika. This wound is starting to infect.." I knew what he was going to say so I cut him.

"I'm allergic to garlic. So no garlic on my skin. Use the pinja phul instead."
(Goldenrod flower)

"You know so much about medicines. People who learn Ayurveda only knows about garlic to treat these kind of wound. But pinja phul. It can only known by someone with deep knowledge."

"Medicine is the place where I have expertise. "

"Yes but it's not the only one."

He said and started applying the paste. It was painful. So painful that I held something for support. It turned out to be his left hand. I was about to leave his hand but he did something unimaginable, he crossed his fingers with mine.

"Worries don't show pain."

"Aren't warriors, human rajkumar Nakul? Every living being has pain, that's what makes us living. When everyone has it why it's a shame to show it." I said while turning around to face him.

He hadn't release my hand then so when I turned around his arm was now around my waist. I looked him in the eye and said

"Pain is associated with emotions and condolence. A person who don't show pain is insensitive. A insensitive person can be a good fighter, but to be a warrior you need to be sensitive. Because warriors rule not fighters. Now it's on you to decide whether I'm a fighter or a warrior."

I saw something really different in his eyes, a emotion which was undetectable, a look which was unreadable. I felt his arm growing strong around me as he was pulling it closer. All of sudden we heard foot steps and he retrieved his arm away and fetch a clean white cloth to wrap around my wound. It was the same moment Mata kunti and subhadra entered with some dasis.(servants).

"Is it done Nakul?" Maa asked.

"Yes Mata. It will take one to two days." He answered.

Mata kunti smiled at it. And turned to me and said.
"Putri after taking rest get ready for Royal meeting. After that you can meet everyone."

All the brothers entered.
"Yes Adrika. Come and see our bhrata yudhistir to be announced as crown prince." Bheem said.

"I can't be there as it's only for Royal family. I'm a guest. Are you sure of that?" I asked.

"Pitamah bhisma said he will make sure of it Adrika. Don't you believe him?" Arjun asked.
I smiled.

"Mahamahim bhisma is loyal to the throne Rajkumar Arjun. He won't go against it. And on maharaja dhritarastra! His love and ambition for his son always came in between his duty as a king. So I believe him as much as a sand castle believe the waves of ocean for protection." Which made all of them tense.

"To upay?" It was sahadev.
(So what's the plan?)

"Sand castle needsd to be a stone fort." I said and looked at prince Yudhistir.
"Ati shighr jyesth." ( And real fast big brother)

Subhadra was telling me what happened last evening with Prince Arjun, as I was getting ready. I finished dressing up.

"It's not your fault my dear. Don't blame yourself. I will make sure Kumar Arjun doesn't blame you as well. Although I think he doesn't." I said.

She hugged me. I stroked her head.
"Arey! why are you crying dear. Im here for you. Now see, am I looking royal enough for these Hastinapur people?" She laughed.

"I would be lying if I saw no. You look amazing jiji."

We laughed and waited for Mata kunti to come. They came. Not only Mata kunti but her sons.

"You were right. He was going to announce Duryadhan's name." Nakul said.

"But guru Dronacharya sets an condition. At Least you all have a fair chance to win now." I said.

"How do you know this?" Prince Yudhistir asked.

"My jiji can see anything happening any where at anytime." Subhadra said. All of them were shocked. I smiled and said

"I see possibility. Not the events. Here everyone knows the relationship between Maharaja Dhrupad and guru Dronacharya. I saw him coming so just deduced that what he will do. As we all know guru Dronacharya believe Kumar Arjun as his best student and want Kumar Yudhistir to be the king he would want you all to avenge his insult as showing your ability to be better than the other 100 brothers. That's what happened right?"

"You are right. But Duryadhan's also going. If he try to take credit of our victory." Arjun asked.

"That's a win win for him. But I'm not worried for him. He is too egoistic for that. He would definitely try to show his ability to shadow you all. I'm worried for someone else." I said.

"Who Adrika?" Nakul asked.

"Not important. You should prepare for the war. Maa can we go and meet everyone?"

"Sure putri." Mata kunti said.

We left to meet everyone and we first went to the king dhritarastra himself. He was in his chamber with queen gandhari. When we entered he knew instantly.

"Kunti is here. Someone is with you kunti?" He asked.

"Yadav Kumari adrika hai maharaj. Came here today morning." Mata kunti said.

"Yadav Kumari? We didn't know Yadavs have two princesses." Rani gandhari said.

"Yes jiji. She was away from aryabhart for a very long time. So nobody heard about it. Recently came here. We didn't know but Tatshree bhisma knew about her. He recognised her instantly." She answered.

(Tatshree: Uncle as in father's big brother)

I touched his feet.
"Kalyan ho." He said. Then I touched Rani gandhari's feet.

"Ayusmati bhava" she blessed.
(Everything turns good for you.

Live long and healthy.)

We left from them as I had nothing to say to them. We next went to mahamantri vidur. He was with Mahamahim bhisma. I bowed down to both.

"Vidur she is Adrika. Krishn basudev's younger sister. Knowledgeable in all form of teachings, a amazing worrior and war strategist." Mahamahim bhisma said. I bowed to him in gratitude.

"I heard a lot about you, it's a pleasure to have your company." I said to mahamantri vidur. He smiled.

"Pleasure is all mine to meet someone related to basudev krishn." He said.

"Ashirvad nai denge?" I asked.
(Won't you bless me?)

He laughed at my question but did bless me.

Meeting with Guru Dronacharya was as stressful as I thought. But we discussed various things as he was the last one to meet and Mata kunti left me with him for a while. I gained as much knowledge about the war and Maharaja Dhrupad as I could before leaving him to rest. Afterwards I helped the pandavas to plan their war techniques and feed them the knowledge about Maharaja Dhrupad.

"Kumar Arjun don't you think you should give more attention to break a ploy than making one." I said.

"How can we fight a war without making a ploy Adrika?" Bheem asked.

"Duryadhan and his brothers won't accept Kumar Yudhistir as their commander. So you don't have an army to make a ploy Kumar bheem." I said.

"I believe on duryadhan will fight with us as we are going as 105 kuru princes." Yudhistir said.

"I pray I'm wrong. And your believe right." I said and bowed down to everyone before living.

A/N
Chita is ancient form of Tattooing. It has only one color.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429 28 4
The Mahabharata has been retold for hundreds and thousands of years, from the perspectives of various people of the epic, be it Draupadi, Bhima, Yudd...
74.6K 6.2K 65
Book 2 of PandavaNandini Trilogy " The course of true love never did run smooth. " " My heart is grated with ordeals of time, love shall never exis...
21.1K 1.3K 36
[NOT EDITED] This is my first story which has a lot of mistakes . This was written for fun during lockdowns , so yeah it's just Writing which is not...
167K 8.8K 74
Dharmyudh, which means 'Battle for Justice' What happens when fate decides to take a steep turn ? Could it change the destiny of Aryavarth ? ...