If Only

By -missmischief

๐—‚๐–ฟ ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—…๐—’ ๐—‚ ๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—…๐–ฝ ๐—‹๐–พ๐–บ๐–ฝ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—Œ๐—‚๐—€๐—‡๐—Œ ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐–ฟ๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—‡๐— ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐—†๐–พ ๐—‚ ๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—…๐–ฝ ๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐—๐—๏ฟฝ... More

๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ž
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ
54
55
56
57
58
59
60

21

5.3K 229 8
By -missmischief

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅 𝐈𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐆
no time for temporary people

"JACOB!" Bella and Ophelia shouted in sync as they jumped out of her orange truck. "Jake!"

It was then that they heard it; the familiar hoots and hollers of Sam, Jared, Paul, and Embry.

Bella's hands clenched into fists by her sides as she spun on her heel and stormed outside, prepared to confront the rowdy boys who had no idea she or Ophelia were there. Ophelia let out a sigh, racing after Bella, who'd started sprinting across the lawn the moment Sam and his friends noticed her.

"What did you do?!" Bella shouted. Sam stepped closer to her with his eyebrows furrowed, earning a slap on the chest as she glared up at him. "What did you guys do to Jacob?"

"Watch it," Jared shot her a warning sneer, eyeing the faint handprint she had left on Sam's skin.

"Easy." Sam raised a hand in his direction, causing the boy beside him to back away, his eyes bright with anger.

"He didn't want this," Bella said.She was furious, and that rage was getting the better of her as she paced back and forth, wanting them to leave her friend alone.

"What did we do?" Paul scoffed, eyes narrowed on her pale figure. "What did he do? What did he tell you, huh?"

Ophelia tsked and stepped in front of Bella, looking up at Paul with narrowed eyes. "You better back down before I make you, asshole."

"Both of you, just calm down," Sam snapped, sensing the chaos that was brewing between them.

"Nothing!" Bella exclaimed, ignoring Sam's warning as she took a step closer to Paul, her face inches from his as she scowled at him. "He tells me nothing because he's scared of you."

Ophelia pursed her lips as the boys burst into laughter, amused by her choice of words. Both girls couldn't stand their mocking chuckles.

With her upper lip curled in distaste, Bella was the one to step forward and punch one of them hard across the face, the sound of skin meeting skin resonating around the clearing. Paul gave a furious snarl, the sound so inhumane that it chilled Bella to the core.

"Too late now," Jared drawled as the boy in question began shaking in rage, his body blurring with tremors.

"Girls, both of you get back now!" Sam commanded, grabbing Paul by his shoulder to try and pull him away from them.

Ophelia grabbed Bella's hand and pushed her behind her protectively as Paul loomed forward as he trembled with rage, his teeth bared in an animalistic snarl. She quickly jumped back in time just as a giant grey wolf formed where Paul had just been standing.

"Bella!" Jacob screamed as he raced onto his front porch, having heard the commotion occurring and deciding to investigate. And it was a good thing he did, because literal chaos was about to ensue. "Ophelia!"

"Jake!" Bella shouted as she turned on her heel and sprinted towards him. "Jake, run the other way!"

Ophelia stood her ground and continued to stand in front of Paul, her face turning into a scowl as she saw what he was. A werewolf.

Suddenly, Jacob jumped over the girls, transforming into a giant brown wolf as he landed in the dirt.

The two wolves faced each other, growling fearsomely. Paul scratched at the ground with his claws, ears pinned back as he revealed his sharp teeth, grinding them together as he circled his prey. And then suddenly, in the blink of an eye, they were crashing into each other, releasing matching roars. Paul was the first to sink his teeth into Jacob's skin, Jacob throwing him aside with ease. Then, they were back to circling each other again, eager for round two. Jacob was quick to overpower Paul, earning a painful whimper as he tore into the latter's fur. The two of them tumbled into the woods, continuing their fight as they disappeared behind the trees, and then there was silence.

Ophelia quickly grabbed Bella and narrowed her eyes as she looked at those who remained. 

"Hey, it's okay," Jared reassured them, before smirking teasingly and adding, "We don't bite unless provoked."

"Werewolves," Ophelia bit back in disgust.

"HEY, we're here." By here, he meant Emily's place, wherever that was.

Ophelia ignored the hand that Embry held out for her, and jumped down with ease. Bella followed shortly behind her, also getting down on her own. The two followed after Jared who bounded ahead of them with a grin.

"Hey, I think we should go back and see if Jacob's okay," Bella called from where she was still sitting inside her truck.

"I hope Paul sinks some teeth in him. Serves him right," Jared rolled his eyes, unphased by her worry.

"I'll sink some teeth into him," Ophelia snapped. "I saw that look in his eyes. He would've hurt Bella and I would've ripped his little werewolf head o—"

"Phelia," Bella whispered she grabbed the Original's hand to calm her down.

After the little incident with Dean and Sam, Ophelia had made her way home and found out that Bella decided to go the movies with Jacob. And for some reason, after the movies, he turned into a dickhead, yelled at her, and then ran off. That is why they went to his place. Ophelia really wanted to beat his face in.

"Come on in, girls," Embry called, lWe don't bite."

"Speak for yourself," Jared chuckled, before disappearing inside.

Embry rolled his eyes at him and turned back to the girls, gesturing them over with a smile. Bella and Ophelia didn't hesitate to join him, despite only speaking to him a couple of times. And it helped that he was cute, too.

Embry's smile wavering as he glanced at the house behind him. "Listen, about Emily, Sam's fiance?" he muttered, voice low so that the people inside wouldn't hear him. "Try not to stare at her, it bugs Sam."

"Why would we stare?" Bella frowned, sharing a confused look with Ophelia.

But Embry was already turning away from them, grin back in place as he bounded inside.

They followed behind him, and Bella had easily stepped through the threshold, but Ophelia was blocked. "Oh..." She trialed off with an annoyed expression. "Can someone invite me in?"

Embry turned to her with furrowed brows. "Sure. Come in."

Ophelia smirked upon realizing that they hadn't figured out that she was one of the undead, and then stepped into the house.

Turned out it was just as cozy inside as it was outside, with the kitchen and living room being one large open space.

A woman who couldn't be older than twenty was rushing around in the kitchen, her dark hair hanging around her face in waves. "You guys hungry?" she asked the boys before letting out a laugh. "Like I have to ask." She turned around, noticing the girls that stood at her dining table. "Who are they?" She met Ophelia's eyes first, the girl in question understanding what Embry had meant when he said not to stare. Her eyes flickered over the scar that ran from the corner of Emily's right eye to the base of her chin, quickly averting to her eyes firmly. If Emily noticed the look, she didn't show it, a smile brightening her features as she glanced from her to the boys that had collapsed into chairs at the table.

"Bella and Ophelia Swan," Jared scoffed like he was surprised Emily had even bothered to ask them that. "Who else would it be?"

"So, you're the vampire girls," Emily hummed as she eyed them once more.

Ophelia smirked. "Yes... we are." She then tilted her head.

"So, you're the wolf girl?" Bella retorted as she stood by Ophelia'a side, arm pressed against hers as she narrowed her eyes at Emily.

"Guess so," Emily shrugged. Once more, if she noticed their anger, she didn't show it, her smile in place as she stood beside Embry and Jared. "Well, I'm engaged to one, at least." As she spoke, she placed a tray of muffins on the dining table.

Immediately, the boys lurched forward, eager hands outstretched to scoff down as much food as they could before Sam, Paul and Jacob arrived and they'd have to share it with them.

Emily frowned at them, smacking their hands away with her lips pursed in disapproval. "Save some for your brothers. And ladies first," she scolded, sighing as they shrugged and continued to eat anyway. She turned to the girls, who were simply watching them curiously. "Muffin you two?" Both girls shook their heads. "Leave it to Jacob and Paul to find a way around their alpha's orders."

"Jacob didn't say anything to us," Bella insisted, shaking her head.

"That's a wolf thing. Alpha's orders get obeyed whether we want them to or not," Embry spoke with a grin, sitting forward in his seat eagerly. "Oh, and check it out. We can hear each other's thoughts."

"Would you shut up? There's are trade secrets," Jared snapped at him, eyes bright with annoyance. "These chicks run with vampires, damn it."

"You can't run with vampires," Bella chuckled, a melancholic fondness in her voice, and everyone's eyes turned towards her, Jared with an unimpressed frown on his face. "Cause they're fast."

"Yeah? Well, we're faster," Jared scoffed. "Freaked out yet?"

Now, it was Ophelia's turn to scoff. "Race?" She asked and watched as they all turned to with confused expression. "Honestly, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm going to be surprised. Use your little sniffers. Which one of us smell different than the others?"

"She's a vampire," Sam spoke as he stepped in through the house, barely sparing anyone a glance, his eyes dead-set on the vampire that was currently in their house.

"What?!" Embry and Jared spat out their muffins and stood up quickly.

Ophelia smiled and waved at them. "Hello, darlings."

"What? How?!"

Bella chuckled at their expressions. "It's a long story and she really doesn't want to repeat it for the third time in a year."

Ophelia grimaced, and Sam chuckled before saying, "You don't have to." Both girls turned to him abruptly just as Jacob and Paul stepped into the house. "I went to someone that knows a lot about vampires. After Billy met you, he had this feeling wash over him and then he remembered a man that saved him long ago. His name was Elijah Mikaelson."

Ophelia smiled. "My brother."

Sam nodded. "Elijah has apparently told Billy all about your family after he had saved him from a group of your kind. Night-walkers."

Ophelia crossed her arms. "Is that why you're not attempting to kill me right now?"

"Attempting?" Paul asked, his eyes narrowed. "I could kill you right now if I wanted to."

She smirked as she glanced back at him. "Oh, sweetheart, I can't be killed." She zoomed towards him and he flinched back in surprise. She stared into his eyes and then smiled. "I am the most powerful thing on this world other than my other siblings, most specifically my older brother Niklaus. After all, he is part of your kind." She was still looking into his melted chocolate eyes before speeding back to Bella's side. "I honestly do not wish to repeat my history again within a day. If any of you what answers, ask Sam."

Sam nodded around at the pack. "There is a book on her kind. You may as well learn as much as you can just in case we are to run into a rabid night-walker." He then turned to Ophelia who looked more than exhausted. "As long as you do not kill, we will hold you on the same treaty as the Cullen's. Please do not cross us and we will not cross you."

She just chuckled. "I am not one to follow rules." She grabbed Bella's hand in hers, getting ready to leave. "But, I guess I shall follow this one. Ta-ta for now." And just like that, she and Bella were gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 527 20
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Caroline grew up with the Mikaelsons, when they were human. Caroline and Rebekah a...
57.1K 2K 23
Ophelia is the wife of Niklaus, Elijah, Kol and Rebekah Mikaelson that turned with them over 1,000 years ago. After daggering herself in exasperatio...
777 32 17
Book Two- Sequel to The Original Family. Over a thousand years ago, the Mikaelson family were just like everyone else, a family trying to survive whe...
16.6K 397 29
One heart divided between two families. What was one Slayer supposed to do when she was being torn in two different directions? One that dragged her...